Forum Settings
Forums

Miss Marvel: Muslim superhero film 'in the works', Marvel says

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Post New Reply
May 16, 2018 7:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 14157
@Killaclown This movie hasn't even release yet you are calling it sjw and that how characters are being replaced. You are fucking obsessed calling every fucking thing sjw.

@Thrashinuva LOL curbing me of my racism.
 
May 16, 2018 7:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6075
DrGeroCreation said:
@Killaclown This movie hasn't even release yet you are calling it sjw and that how characters are being replaced. You are fucking obsessed calling every fucking thing sjw.
I specifically mentioned the comics, I dont see why I have to see the movie to point out how the comics sjw characters are apparently going to start showing up in the movies.... I would like to know what you actually consider SJW since everything that's considered a part of that you say isnt SJW-ish at all.
 
May 16, 2018 7:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 14157
Killaclown said:
DrGeroCreation said:
@Killaclown This movie hasn't even release yet you are calling it sjw and that how characters are being replaced. You are fucking obsessed calling every fucking thing sjw.
I specifically mentioned the comics, I dont see why I have to see the movie to point out how the comics sjw characters are apparently going to start showing up in the movies.... I would like to know what you actually consider SJW since everything that's considered a part of that you say isnt SJW-ish at all.
So where has it been mentioned that Fem Thor and Cho Hulk are supposed to show up in the MCU when Thor already has a new hammer and Banner is still alive? Kamala didn't take over from Carol Denvers so its not sjw or whatever. Anytime a movie doesn't have a white guy as lead it's sjw to you. Stop calling everything sjw, you are fucking annoying.
Modified by DrGeroCreation, May 16, 2018 7:57 PM
 
May 16, 2018 8:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6075
DrGeroCreation said:
Killaclown said:
I specifically mentioned the comics, I dont see why I have to see the movie to point out how the comics sjw characters are apparently going to start showing up in the movies.... I would like to know what you actually consider SJW since everything that's considered a part of that you say isnt SJW-ish at all.
So where has it been mentioned that Fem Thor and Cho Hulk are supposed to show up in the MCU when Thor already has a new hammer and Banner is still alive? Kamala didn't take over from Carol Denvers so its not sjw or whatever. Anytime a movie doesn't have a non white guy as lead it's sjw to you. Stop calling everything sjw, you are fucking annoying.
Kamala actually does take over the mantle at a certain point but regardless it was all a part of marvel using the fame of established characters to push the whole forced diversity thing..... something that is certainly SJW-ISM


Oh no that's just your warped view, if a character just happens to be a minority or female or something that's totally normal, like making a Luke cage show with a black guy? Totally normal and all for that, now if they caved into pressure and made iron fist asian that would definitely be sjw-ish.....Also please tell me what you would consider SJW then, it seems like you dont think anything is lol I mean I've explained what I consider it on multiple occasions regardless of you agree (and ignore it and just make up shit)

@Thrashinuva I honestly dont get this guy, and I could do without him making up things about me lol (it's a thing with him). Normally I'd just write him off as a troll but I do remember him from when I was here a couple years back and I've been trying to remember if he was always like this
 
May 16, 2018 8:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 3231
But I don't caaaaaarrrrrreeeee~

I was fucking thrilled when Captain America became a super villain. Like, some Emperor Palpatine level shit. I could finally relate to him and live vicariously through his exploits.



I am actually just surprised it wasn't a Jewish woman.

 
May 16, 2018 8:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 4806
Nyu said:
NudeBear said:


ALIENATED

LMFAO

Holy fuck your persecution complex is amazing.


How entitled, do White people complain about the lack of whites being represented in Japanese, Chinese and Indian media, no that's because we are not entitled, but you do have foreigners saying that foreigners should be represented in the media of white nations.


Non-white Americans aren't foreigners, they're Americans. Ethnic representation is about having proper representation of major non-white ethnic groups that live in America. it has nothing to do with appealing to foreigners.

Hias said:
Killaclown said:
correction, characters that were purposely changed to adhere to and often push SJW propaganda (dont know about this particular one), where even the company itself will claim racism if you dont buy their comics...... yeah sounds like SJW trash to me lol


Diversifying stories and characters and bringing new/different perspectives isn't SJW trash. What kind of propaganda is "hey, you know how this industry has been over saturated with white men for the last 70+ years? Maybe we should give voices to others"? It's propaganda and pushing a narrative because artists want to bring their perspectives to Marvel or DC comics and characters that just weren't there or represented previously?

If you feel threatened because of that and just dismiss it as "SJW trash" then I don't know what to tell you. Other than I guess have fun whining about poc having starring roles in movies and comics on the internet while everyone else might be reading these comics or going to see these movies and enjoying them.






I find it hilarious that these guys have to make wanting more non-white and female characters sound so sinister.
Modified by NudeBear, May 16, 2018 8:15 PM
 
May 16, 2018 8:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 2673
A bunch of white men in the comments fearing that their privilege might be taken away because of some movie with a Muslim female protagonist. Hilarious.

And why is OP still allowed to post here, it's so confusing.
 
May 16, 2018 8:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1811
149597871 said:
A bunch of white men in the comments fearing that their privilege might be taken away because of some movie with a Muslim female protagonist. Hilarious.

And why is OP still allowed to post here, it's so confusing.


Anything that doesn't have a white guy as a protag is SJW shit and somehow this is makes me feel very uncomfortable!


 
May 16, 2018 8:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 14157
@Killaclown She didn't, the only thing they have in common is Marvel in their names. Kamala is an original character. She just happens to be Muslim so what's the problem?

Why the fuck is it sjw for Falcon to take over temporarily as Cap but it's not a problem when Bucky did the exact same thing years ago? You weeb cunts call ever single thing sjw in order to slander Hollywood and force people to only watch anime. I don't give a fuck how much you scream sjw no way in bloody hell will I ever only watch anime. SJW is fucking buzzword on Mal now. I have seen people here call Steven Universe sjw even though the characters are original and not white characters changed. You are saying shit about Black Panther sjw even though Black Panther has always been black. It's fucking annoying and you assholes are just trying to slander every modern western show and movie by saying sjw for everything.
 
May 16, 2018 8:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 12178
it's no secret that Captain America's entire shtick was that he pummeled literal Nazis. the Punisher also infiltrated a group of Nazis, but was not one himself, quite the contrary (unfortunately most modern neonazis are too stupid to realize that he wasn't a Nazi and have stolen the punisher logo as false representation for their rabid fascist stupidity).


THAT'S LIFE
& I TELL YA I CAN'T DENY IT
.

 
May 16, 2018 8:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 4806
Hias said:
149597871 said:
A bunch of white men in the comments fearing that their privilege might be taken away because of some movie with a Muslim female protagonist. Hilarious.

And why is OP still allowed to post here, it's so confusing.


Anything that doesn't have a white guy as a protag is SJW shit and somehow this is makes me feel very uncomfortable!


And like I've said before, basically all of the major heroes in the MCU are white and male except for black panther. Yet the addition of Captain Marvel and the MERE suggestion of having Ms. Marvel is an alienation of Marvel's fanbase.

And SJWs get made fun of for being hysterical.
 
May 16, 2018 8:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 2673
Hias said:
149597871 said:
A bunch of white men in the comments fearing that their privilege might be taken away because of some movie with a Muslim female protagonist. Hilarious.

And why is OP still allowed to post here, it's so confusing.


Anything that doesn't have a white guy as a protag is SJW shit and somehow this is makes me feel very uncomfortable!


Don't forget that he must be also straight, fit absolutely perfectly in his gender role and show his devotion to the "one true God" every 5 mins otherwise it's just leftist propaganda, oh fuck an actual Earthquake happened as I was writing that comment. Coincidence? I don't think so.
 
May 16, 2018 8:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 14157
Hias said:
149597871 said:
A bunch of white men in the comments fearing that their privilege might be taken away because of some movie with a Muslim female protagonist. Hilarious.

And why is OP still allowed to post here, it's so confusing.


Anything that doesn't have a white guy as a protag is SJW shit and somehow this is makes me feel very uncomfortable!
Yeah these people are so fucking annoying. It's like they don't want you to enjoy ANYTHING now if it has a non white guy character as the main character.
 
May 16, 2018 8:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 14157
Soverign said:
But I don't caaaaaarrrrrreeeee~

I was fucking thrilled when Captain America became a super villain. Like, some Emperor Palpatine level shit. I could finally relate to him and live vicariously through his exploits.



I am actually just surprised it wasn't a Jewish woman.
LOL that CAP was an IMPOSTER created by the girl from the Cosmic Cube that was defeated by the real Cap. I swear you people don't read the comics at all.


Modified by DrGeroCreation, May 16, 2018 8:27 PM
 
May 16, 2018 8:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1811
NudeBear said:



I find it hilarious that these guys have to make wanting more non-white and female characters sound so sinister.


Apparently it's quite sinister and there are some serious moral implications here. First off, diversifying your comic book characters is clearly the work of the Jews. Second, the fact that me, a white male, is not being represented means I won't be allowed to like comic books anymore because the feminists and liberals took the industry over!

It's some next level paranoia shit. I still have a hard time wrapping my head the idea that Ms. Marvel being muslim means the end of the world as we know it.

149597871 said:


Don't forget that he must be also straight, fit absolutely perfectly in his gender role and show his devotion to the "one true God" every 5 mins otherwise it's just leftist propaganda, oh fuck an actual Earthquake happened as I was writing that comment. Coincidence? I don't think so.


Not to break the combo here but hope you're safe and it wasn't that bad of an earthquake?

DrGeroCreation said:
Yeah these people are so fucking annoying. It's like they don't want you to enjoy ANYTHING now if it has a non white guy character as the main character.


I can't take anyone seriously when they use shit like SJW as a point of criticism when it's a meaningless buzzword used by people who are so insecure about race or sexuality that any issues remotely related to those is dismissed as hysteria or a conspiracy by the radical left boogeyman, who want to feminize men and let women rule and the world and the illegal immigrants who just crossed the border are members of the drug cartel and want to kill you and your family while leeching off of the government.
Modified by Hias, May 16, 2018 8:32 PM


 
May 16, 2018 8:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 4132
DrGeroCreation said:
Hias said:


Anything that doesn't have a white guy as a protag is SJW shit and somehow this is makes me feel very uncomfortable!
Yeah these people are so fucking annoying. It's like they don't want you to enjoy ANYTHING now if it has a non white guy character as the main character.

i sincerely doubt any of these people you're referring to gave enough of a shit about this movie to go see it to begin with. though i can understand the argument of them not really liking marvel's M-O, if you weren't really going to see the movie to begin with and already know how hollywood works, i can't bring myself to care enough about this particular incident.

now, if they make jean anyone but a qt redhead, that's when i'll start caring.

great bait though, OP.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do



 
May 16, 2018 8:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 3231
DrGeroCreation said:
Soverign said:
But I don't caaaaaarrrrrreeeee~

I was fucking thrilled when Captain America became a super villain. Like, some Emperor Palpatine level shit. I could finally relate to him and live vicariously through his exploits.



I am actually just surprised it wasn't a Jewish woman.
LOL that CAP was an IMPOSTOR created by the girl from the Cosmic Cube that was defeated by the real Cap. I swear you people don't read comics at all.



Aktually, I picked the series up when I heard about the controversy, then dropped it after it was just a joke bro. Never was a goody two shoes Captain America fan anyways. I read Spawn and Deadpool.

I just imagined the screeching outrage akin to making Luke Skywalker evil. mark Hammill would probably commit suicide after reading the script.
Modified by Soverign, May 16, 2018 8:31 PM

 
May 16, 2018 8:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6075
DrGeroCreation said:
@Killaclown She didn't, the only thing they have in common is Marvel in their names. Kamala is an original character. She just happens to be Muslim so what's the problem?

Why the fuck is it sjw for Falcon to take over temporarily as Cap but it's not a problem when Bucky did the exact same thing years ago? You weeb cunts call ever single thing sjw in order to slander Hollywood and force people to only watch anime. I don't give a fuck how much you scream sjw no way in bloody hell will I ever only watch anime. SJW is fucking buzzword on Mal now. I have seen people here call Steven Universe sjw even though the characters are original and not white characters changed. You are saying shit about Black Panther sjw even though Black Panther has always been black. It's fucking annoying and you assholes are just trying to slander every modern western show and movie by saying sjw for everything.
"Kamala was inspired by Carol Danvers time as a hero, whether it be as Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel, and eventually takes up the Ms. Marvel mantle after Carol gives it up." http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/05/12/internet-reacts-to-mcu-ms-marvel-possibility/

Its different because it was a part of an admitted attempt at just getting more women/minorities/whatever, like I didn't have a problem with a black green lantern but if they chose that version for the movie I'd have my questions on motives considering the political climate. I dont think I called black panther sjw, I said it probably got a better score for that reason since so many critics were praising its "blackness" and lack of white people, though they were definitely pandering to that crowd (haven't watched the movie yet due to bad cam versions, seen the beginning though).

Why do you keep making shit up about me? I don't slander western media for anime's sake... I watch a lot of freaking western media, I'm literally watching legion as I type this

And please tell me what you would consider SJW! Why are you avoiding the question?
 
May 16, 2018 8:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 14157
Yomiyuki said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Yeah these people are so fucking annoying. It's like they don't want you to enjoy ANYTHING now if it has a non white guy character as the main character.

i sincerely doubt any of these people you're referring to gave enough of a shit about this movie to go see it to begin with. though i can understand the argument of them not really liking marvel's M-O, if you weren't really going to see the movie to begin with and already know how hollywood works, i can't bring myself to care enough about this particular incident.

now, if they make jean anyone but a qt redhead, that's when i'll start caring.

great bait though, OP.
Box office is what will determine if people care or not to see it. Money talks bullshit walks. Kamala Khan is an original character and her being Muslim is following the comics and not changing anything.
 
May 16, 2018 8:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 4132
DrGeroCreation said:
Yomiyuki said:

i sincerely doubt any of these people you're referring to gave enough of a shit about this movie to go see it to begin with. though i can understand the argument of them not really liking marvel's M-O, if you weren't really going to see the movie to begin with and already know how hollywood works, i can't bring myself to care enough about this particular incident.

now, if they make jean anyone but a qt redhead, that's when i'll start caring.

great bait though, OP.
Box office is what will determine if people care or not to see it. Money talks bullshit walks. Kamala Khan is an original character and her being Muslim is following the comics and not changing anything.

wtf are you talking about.
i said i don't really care about it. it can be avatar opening day if it wants to.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do



 
May 16, 2018 8:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 4806
Killaclown said:
DrGeroCreation said:
@Killaclown She didn't, the only thing they have in common is Marvel in their names. Kamala is an original character. She just happens to be Muslim so what's the problem?

Why the fuck is it sjw for Falcon to take over temporarily as Cap but it's not a problem when Bucky did the exact same thing years ago? You weeb cunts call ever single thing sjw in order to slander Hollywood and force people to only watch anime. I don't give a fuck how much you scream sjw no way in bloody hell will I ever only watch anime. SJW is fucking buzzword on Mal now. I have seen people here call Steven Universe sjw even though the characters are original and not white characters changed. You are saying shit about Black Panther sjw even though Black Panther has always been black. It's fucking annoying and you assholes are just trying to slander every modern western show and movie by saying sjw for everything.
"Kamala was inspired by Carol Danvers time as a hero, whether it be as Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel, and eventually takes up the Ms. Marvel mantle after Carol gives it up." http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/05/12/internet-reacts-to-mcu-ms-marvel-possibility/

Its different because it was a part of an admitted attempt at just getting more women/minorities/whatever, like I didn't have a problem with a black green lantern but if they chose that version for the movie I'd have my questions on motives considering the political climate. I dont think I called black panther sjw, I said it probably got a better score for that reason since so many critics were praising its "blackness" and lack of white people, though they were definitely pandering to that crowd (haven't watched the movie yet due to bad cam versions, seen the beginning though).

Why do you keep making shit up about me? I don't slander western media for anime's sake... I watch a lot of freaking western media, I'm literally watching legion as I type this

And please tell me what you would consider SJW! Why are you avoiding the question?


White characters frequently replace white superheroes all the time. What's the big deal if instead of them being white, sometimes they're black or Asian? Do you get outraged when events like Bucky Barnes replacing Steve Rogers happens in comic books? Lmfao.


Also, what's the deal with people like you assuming a film with ethnic minorities only receive good reviews because "they're pandering" to ethnic minorities? Like the thought of such movies actually being good and people actually liking it is so alien to you.
 
May 16, 2018 8:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 3081
NudeBear said:
Nyu said:


How entitled, do White people complain about the lack of whites being represented in Japanese, Chinese and Indian media, no that's because we are not entitled, but you do have foreigners saying that foreigners should be represented in the media of white nations.


Non-white Americans aren't foreigners, they're Americans. Ethnic representation is about having proper representation of major non-white ethnic groups that live in America. it has nothing to do with appealing to foreigners.

Hias said:


Diversifying stories and characters and bringing new/different perspectives isn't SJW trash. What kind of propaganda is "hey, you know how this industry has been over saturated with white men for the last 70+ years? Maybe we should give voices to others"? It's propaganda and pushing a narrative because artists want to bring their perspectives to Marvel or DC comics and characters that just weren't there or represented previously?

If you feel threatened because of that and just dismiss it as "SJW trash" then I don't know what to tell you. Other than I guess have fun whining about poc having starring roles in movies and comics on the internet while everyone else might be reading these comics or going to see these movies and enjoying them.






I find it hilarious that these guys have to make wanting more non-white and female characters sound so sinister.


The majority of non-whites in America are foreigners as they Immigrated to America after the 1965 Immigration Act, which the white population who founded and built America were against.

And since whites are a minority, whites are only 8% of the population, that means we should be represented 100% of the time in Western media, just like how the Japanese get Japanese media.
Modified by Nyu, May 16, 2018 8:43 PM
 
May 16, 2018 8:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 4132
Nyu said:
NudeBear said:


Non-white Americans aren't foreigners, they're Americans. Ethnic representation is about having proper representation of major non-white ethnic groups that live in America. it has nothing to do with appealing to foreigners.




I find it hilarious that these guys have to make wanting more non-white and female characters sound so sinister.


The majority of non-whites in America are foreigners as they Immigrated to America after the 1965 Immigration Act, which the white population who founded and built America were against.

And since whites are a minority, whites are only 8% of the population, that means we should be represented 100% of the time in Western media, just like hoe the Japanese get Japanese media.
idk, where they against it?
i haven't looked into it, but it seems like they were probably w/e about it.
doubt they would've known the steep demographic shifts among other problems it'd lead to.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do



 
May 16, 2018 8:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6075
NudeBear said:
Killaclown said:
"Kamala was inspired by Carol Danvers time as a hero, whether it be as Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel, and eventually takes up the Ms. Marvel mantle after Carol gives it up." http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/05/12/internet-reacts-to-mcu-ms-marvel-possibility/

Its different because it was a part of an admitted attempt at just getting more women/minorities/whatever, like I didn't have a problem with a black green lantern but if they chose that version for the movie I'd have my questions on motives considering the political climate. I dont think I called black panther sjw, I said it probably got a better score for that reason since so many critics were praising its "blackness" and lack of white people, though they were definitely pandering to that crowd (haven't watched the movie yet due to bad cam versions, seen the beginning though).

Why do you keep making shit up about me? I don't slander western media for anime's sake... I watch a lot of freaking western media, I'm literally watching legion as I type this

And please tell me what you would consider SJW! Why are you avoiding the question?


White characters frequently replace white superheroes all the time. What's the big deal if instead of them being white, sometimes they're black or Asian? Do you get outraged when events like Bucky Barnes replacing Steve Rogers happens in comic books? Lmfao.


Also, what's the deal with people like you assuming a film with ethnic minorities only receive good reviews because "they're pandering" to ethnic minorities? Like the thought of such movies actually being good and people actually liking it is so alien to you.
I answered that question in the post you are replying to... did you even read it?

I dont, I read the reviews where the critics are praising it for the fact it has minorities, and come to the conclusion as I think most people would come to if it was a different topic "if so many critics are praising this movie for this particular aspect it probably affected the score somewhat". At no point did I ever say ONLY.
 
May 16, 2018 8:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 488
On this topic of minorities, whenever I say that Black Panther was an average movie, I instantly get bombarded with people calling me a racist.... I mean like really...
 
May 16, 2018 8:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 3565
reminds me of jontron:
"fiNalLY, a moVie fOr me!!!"
 
May 16, 2018 8:53 PM
Online
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 48866
lol i do not get this idea of forced diversity and its link to SJWs too, its USA that have a lot of diversity to begin with so i do not see a big problem if your entertainment will have diverse characters too

 
May 16, 2018 8:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 25401
Nyu said:
NudeBear said:


Non-white Americans aren't foreigners, they're Americans. Ethnic representation is about having proper representation of major non-white ethnic groups that live in America. it has nothing to do with appealing to foreigners.




I find it hilarious that these guys have to make wanting more non-white and female characters sound so sinister.


The majority of non-whites in America are foreigners as they Immigrated to America after the 1965 Immigration Act, which the white population who founded and built America were against.

And since whites are a minority, whites are only 8% of the population, that means we should be represented 100% of the time in Western media, just like how the Japanese get Japanese media.


Now that's going off the deep end and it's hilarious as well.


 
May 16, 2018 8:56 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 8282
DrGeroCreation said:
Hias said:


Anything that doesn't have a white guy as a protag is SJW shit and somehow this is makes me feel very uncomfortable!
Yeah these people are so fucking annoying. It's like they don't want you to enjoy ANYTHING now if it has a non white guy character as the main character.
Sigh... I should have known. It wasn't about identity politics. You only care about this because the character isn't white. I thought racism was behind you, but it seems like you just can't let go of it.

If you hate us all so much, then why don't you just enjoy yourself somewhere else? There's no reason to subject everyone here to your hate, and you have no hope of changing anyone since you refuse to use reason.
 
May 16, 2018 8:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 3565
DrGeroCreation said:


Can you ever reply to a thread and not make every fucking mother cunt thing about -snip-

then what you need to do is stop the progressives from ruining comics (amongst many other things, do we need to talk about these "SJWs" literally telling us we shouldn't meme a music video?). it's not his/her fault that he/she's complaining about it lol.
Modified by TomDay, May 16, 2018 9:03 PM
 
May 16, 2018 8:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 14157
Killaclown said:
"Kamala was inspired by Carol Danvers time as a hero, whether it be as Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel, and eventually takes up the Ms. Marvel mantle after Carol gives it up." http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/05/12/internet-reacts-to-mcu-ms-marvel-possibility/

Its different because it was a part of an admitted attempt at just getting more women/minorities/whatever, like I didn't have a problem with a black green lantern but if they chose that version for the movie I'd have my questions on motives considering the political climate. I dont think I called black panther sjw, I said it probably got a better score for that reason since so many critics were praising its "blackness" and lack of white people, though they were definitely pandering to that crowd (haven't watched the movie yet due to bad cam versions, seen the beginning though).

Why do you keep making shit up about me? I don't slander western media for anime's sake... I watch a lot of freaking western media, I'm literally watching legion as I type this

And please tell me what you would consider SJW! Why are you avoiding the question?
Kamala is a fangirl of Carol Denvers hence why she took the name after Carol became Captain Marvel. She is a completely different hero from Carol though with different powers , different costume , different backstory, different everything.

So if they had Killowogg as the main green lantern that would be sjw for aliens? Do you know that the Green Lantern corps is a intergalactic police force with different aliens, with different genders etc. and that there was a black Green Lantern SINCE THE 70'S. There is no one Green Lantern, Hal Jordan is just one green lantern.



No as I said it didn't get a better score because of it and I already explained everything to you on your profile. Stop reading everything and just watch the movie. It's targeted at a black audience but so has been a lot of other black majority cast movies which don't have as high scores as Black Panther.

Yes you do. You only talk shit about western comics , shows, movies and when I showed you the pic of the anime girl calling men scum you were like oh no that could never be seen as feminist, that's obviously done to be sexy. You are a fucking weeb always using sjw as a slander term to bash western entertainment.

I do consider changing a comic characters race for a movie as being sjw and having a gender swapped movie. However as I brought up to you before there have been white actors playing non white characters like Angelina Jolie playing a black female comic character in Wanted yet you didn't complain about that. You are hypocritical to the fucking max in this issue .

 
May 16, 2018 9:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 4806
Killaclown said:
NudeBear said:


White characters frequently replace white superheroes all the time. What's the big deal if instead of them being white, sometimes they're black or Asian? Do you get outraged when events like Bucky Barnes replacing Steve Rogers happens in comic books? Lmfao.


Also, what's the deal with people like you assuming a film with ethnic minorities only receive good reviews because "they're pandering" to ethnic minorities? Like the thought of such movies actually being good and people actually liking it is so alien to you.
I answered that question in the post you are replying to... did you even read it?

I dont, I read the reviews where the critics are praising it for the fact it has minorities, and come to the conclusion as I think most people would come to if it was a different topic "if so many critics are praising this movie for this particular aspect it probably affected the score somewhat". At no point did I ever say ONLY.


Right I missed that. It is a bit of an ambiguous response. What's wrong with political motives? You're trying to brand that as a bad thing, when it isn't at all.

Captain America's character in general was borne out of a conscious political point of view. Plenty of other (white) characters in the Marvel Universe do. In literature in general. X-men was about racism, and Ms. Marvel was created with the intention of having a superhero explore and deal with the implications of carrying the "Muslim label" in American society. Part of the whole point of advocating diverse characters is that it allows us to explore more societal narratives that are present in real life.

If "political motif" is what bugs you, then as previously mentioned, the entire comic book world should piss you off.
 
May 16, 2018 9:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 14157
Thrashinuva said:
Sigh... I should have known. It wasn't about identity politics. You only care about this because the character isn't white. I thought racism was behind you, but it seems like you just can't let go of it.

If you hate us all so much, then why don't you just enjoy yourself somewhere else? There's no reason to subject everyone here to your hate, and you have no hope of changing anyone since you refuse to use reason.
LOL I don't give a damn about Kamala's skin color or any character's skin color. This is about Killaclown always calling everything sjw. Nothing I said there was racism you paranoid hypocrite.

I'm barely ever on Mal nowadays ,lol.

Yomiyuki said:

wtf are you talking about.
i said i don't really care about it. it can be avatar opening day if it wants to.
I'm not talking about you. You said about people not caring about it and my reply was that box office is what will determine if people care about the movie or not.
Modified by DrGeroCreation, May 16, 2018 9:12 PM
 
May 16, 2018 9:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 4132
DrGeroCreation said:
Thrashinuva said:
Sigh... I should have known. It wasn't about identity politics. You only care about this because the character isn't white. I thought racism was behind you, but it seems like you just can't let go of it.

If you hate us all so much, then why don't you just enjoy yourself somewhere else? There's no reason to subject everyone here to your hate, and you have no hope of changing anyone since you refuse to use reason.
LOL I don't give a damn about Kamala's skin color or any character's skin color. This is about Killaclown always calling everything sjw. Nothing I said there was racism you paranoid hypocrite.

I'm barely ever on Mal nowadays ,lol.

Yomiyuki said:

wtf are you talking about.
i said i don't really care about it. it can be avatar opening day if it wants to.
I'm not talking about you. You said about people not caring about it and my reply was that box office is what will determine if people care about the movie or not.

i meant the people in this thread.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do



 
May 16, 2018 9:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 1415
>marvel
lol no matter how much "muh representation" there is, it's going to be unbearably safe, inoffensive, and bland like virtually all marvel movies are.
 
May 16, 2018 9:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 14157
Yomiyuki said:
i meant the people in this thread.
Oh? I get this sentence now " i sincerely doubt any of these people you're referring to gave enough of a shit about this movie to go see it to begin with." Yeah I doubt Killaclown would even go see it.

Psyotic said:
>marvel
lol no matter how much "muh representation" there is, it's going to be unbearably safe, inoffensive, and bland like virtually all marvel movies are.
How is Marvel safe when characters in Marvel movies die all the time? What does being offensive or inoffensive have to do with how good a show or movie is? Is Family Guy a masterpiece because it's offensive?
 
May 16, 2018 9:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6075
DrGeroCreation said:
Killaclown said:
"Kamala was inspired by Carol Danvers time as a hero, whether it be as Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel, and eventually takes up the Ms. Marvel mantle after Carol gives it up." http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/05/12/internet-reacts-to-mcu-ms-marvel-possibility/

Its different because it was a part of an admitted attempt at just getting more women/minorities/whatever, like I didn't have a problem with a black green lantern but if they chose that version for the movie I'd have my questions on motives considering the political climate. I dont think I called black panther sjw, I said it probably got a better score for that reason since so many critics were praising its "blackness" and lack of white people, though they were definitely pandering to that crowd (haven't watched the movie yet due to bad cam versions, seen the beginning though).

Why do you keep making shit up about me? I don't slander western media for anime's sake... I watch a lot of freaking western media, I'm literally watching legion as I type this

And please tell me what you would consider SJW! Why are you avoiding the question?
Kamala is a fangirl of Carol Denvers hence why she took the name after Carol became Captain Marvel. She is a completely different hero from Carol though with different powers , different costume , different backstory, different everything.

So if they had Killowogg as the main green lantern that would be sjw for aliens? Do you know that the Green Lantern corps is a intergalactic police force with different aliens, with different genders etc. and that there was a black Green Lantern SINCE THE 70'S. There is no one Green Lantern, Hal Jordan is just one green lantern.



No as I said it didn't get a better score because of it and I already explained everything to you on your profile. Stop reading everything and just watch the movie. It's targeted at a black audience but so has been a lot of other black majority cast movies which don't have as high scores as Black Panther.

Yes you do. You only talk shit about western comics , shows, movies and when I showed you the pic of the anime girl calling men scum you were like oh no that could never be seen as feminist, that's obviously done to be sexy. You are a fucking weeb always using sjw as a slander term to bash western entertainment.

I do consider changing a comic characters race for a movie as being sjw and having a gender swapped movie. However as I brought up to you before there have been white actors playing non white characters like Angelina Jolie playing a black female comic character in Wanted yet you didn't complain about that. You are hypocritical to the fucking max in this issue .

none of that changes the fact that she was a part of a forced diversity push that used pre-existing character fame to push.... then called fans sexist and racist simply for not buying it

Dude I said I didnt have a problem with black green lantern <.< I would just question the motives of they picked that one for the movie instead of hal, like did they just like Jon Stewart more? Or was it because he was black.

You "explained" lmfao, all you did is say "nuh uh, if it got a better score for that this movie would have a better score than this one", and continually kept saying that I said things that i never said, it was one of the weirdest arguments I've ever been in lol.

Dude i dont even know what you are talking about here. I enjoy my western entertainment, just not the sjw parts that have recently been popping up but that's thankfully still in the minority.

How am I being hypocritical if I didnt even know about that? Lol, I'm no fan there, if they change a race of a character I care about then yeah I'll probably bitch.... unless they do something like americanizing the 7 samurai into the magnificent 7

Also, so you agree that switching iron man and thor for female characters was sjw!?
Modified by Killaclown, May 16, 2018 9:28 PM
 
May 16, 2018 9:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6075
NudeBear said:
Killaclown said:
I answered that question in the post you are replying to... did you even read it?

I dont, I read the reviews where the critics are praising it for the fact it has minorities, and come to the conclusion as I think most people would come to if it was a different topic "if so many critics are praising this movie for this particular aspect it probably affected the score somewhat". At no point did I ever say ONLY.


Right I missed that. It is a bit of an ambiguous response. What's wrong with political motives? You're trying to brand that as a bad thing, when it isn't at all.

Captain America's character in general was borne out of a conscious political point of view. Plenty of other (white) characters in the Marvel Universe do. In literature in general. X-men was about racism, and Ms. Marvel was created with the intention of having a superhero explore and deal with the implications of carrying the "Muslim label" in American society. Part of the whole point of advocating diverse characters is that it allows us to explore more societal narratives that are present in real life.

If "political motif" is what bugs you, then as previously mentioned, the entire comic book world should piss you off.
just political motives that I dont agree with or their execution of, Like dont sideline characters I like just to push your "we need more female/minority characters", then there was also the fact that they were trying to hire people based oon sex and race, which as a society I thought we were against, but oh apparently iit depends on what race and sex we are talking about, its bullshit..... you shouldn't have to be racist and sexist to combat racism and sexism basically.
 
May 16, 2018 9:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 486
Seeing people get triggered by a non-white, muslim female superhero is quite entertaining. Insane how little details and two words can trigger so many people.







yeehaw
 
May 16, 2018 9:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 14157
@Killaclown She wasn't since Carol Denvers wasn't killed off or lost her powers for Kamala to replace her like were in the cases of Fem Thor replacing OG Thor and Cho Hulk replacing Banner Hulk. Thus she isn't a forced diversity character.

Why? Hal already got two animated Green Lantern movies and a live action one where Ryan Reynolds played him which bombed. So what if John Steward got a Green Lantern movie? He has been a green lantern since the 70's, he isn't some new made up character thought up because someone on Twitter wants a black green lantern. Why would it be an agenda if he existed so long already?

No I perfectly proved to you that there was no conspiracy about movies getting better scores because of diversity or having a black cast by bringing up Madea movies not having good scores and Dunkirk being higher than Black panther.

So why do you conveniently know only about non white characters playing white characters as sjw but not knowing about white actors playing non white characters? I don't care about race but how the actor portrays the character.
 
May 16, 2018 9:53 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 8282
DrGeroCreation said:
Thrashinuva said:
Sigh... I should have known. It wasn't about identity politics. You only care about this because the character isn't white. I thought racism was behind you, but it seems like you just can't let go of it.

If you hate us all so much, then why don't you just enjoy yourself somewhere else? There's no reason to subject everyone here to your hate, and you have no hope of changing anyone since you refuse to use reason.
LOL I don't give a damn about Kamala's skin color or any character's skin color. This is about Killaclown always calling everything sjw. Nothing I said there was racism you paranoid hypocrite.

I'm barely ever on Mal nowadays ,lol.
Yet her skin color is all that you are here for. I'm not convinced. Is it any coincidence that you basically vanished from CE only to come back at the precise moment that someone brought up the skin color of a female superhero?
 
May 16, 2018 9:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 14157
Thrashinuva said:
Yet her skin color is all that you are here for. I'm not convinced. Is it any coincidence that you basically vanished from CE only to come back at the precise moment that someone brought up the skin color of a female superhero?
Where am I talking about her skin color? I was taking a break from this shithole so that I wouldn't go insane. Killaclown didn't mention her skin color but about sjws hence all the sjws I posted on the first page.
 
May 16, 2018 10:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 1415
DrGeroCreation said:
How is Marvel safe when characters in Marvel movies die all the time?


lol killing characters doesn't mean something isn't "safe". It seems like you totally missed my point if anything.


What does being offensive or inoffensive have to do with how good a show or movie is? Is Family Guy a masterpiece because it's offensive?


To some degree yes. That isn't to say that offensive automatically means good, but if you're making art that says something important, that says something necessary, then it's naturally going to piss some people off. But pissing people off doesn't make money, and making money is what Disney, and by extension Marvel, cares about the most.
 
May 16, 2018 10:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 3081
Hoppy said:
Nyu said:


The majority of non-whites in America are foreigners as they Immigrated to America after the 1965 Immigration Act, which the white population who founded and built America were against.

And since whites are a minority, whites are only 8% of the population, that means we should be represented 100% of the time in Western media, just like how the Japanese get Japanese media.


Now that's going off the deep end and it's hilarious as well.


So you have no argument, the Japanese and Chinese get 100% representation in the media of their nations.
Modified by Nyu, May 16, 2018 10:18 PM
 
May 16, 2018 10:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6075
DrGeroCreation said:
@Killaclown She wasn't since Carol Denvers wasn't killed off or lost her powers for Kamala to replace her like were in the cases of Fem Thor replacing OG Thor and Cho Hulk replacing Banner Hulk. Thus she isn't a forced diversity character.

Why? Hal already got two animated Green Lantern movies and a live action one where Ryan Reynolds played him which bombed. So what if John Steward got a Green Lantern movie? He has been a green lantern since the 70's, he isn't some new made up character thought up because someone on Twitter wants a black green lantern. Why would it be an agenda if he existed so long already?

No I perfectly proved to you that there was no conspiracy about movies getting better scores because of diversity or having a black cast by bringing up Madea movies not having good scores and Dunkirk being higher than Black panther.

So why do you conveniently know only about non white characters playing white characters as sjw but not knowing about white actors playing non white characters? I don't care about race but how the actor portrays the character.
dude no matter how you phrase it it doesn't change the fact that she was a minority character using an established characters fame to push the diversity agenda that marvel had no problems admitting to, dont see how you can deny this.

I was saying if it was instead of the Ryan Reynolds movie, and all I said was I would wonder if race had anything to do with the decision, think we can both agree we dont want which hero is going to be made decided on something like race right?

Oh my God you are so freaking in denial there, that logic is so freaking dumb and completely ignored how I continually point out how ONLY was never a part of what I said. (The comparisons also ignore how the ethnicity is portrayed btw)

Do you really have to ask why I know more about popular superhero characters from marvel (and dc) than some comic I never heard of before the movie was made? You really do have a warped view of me if you think I'm just making it up.
Modified by Killaclown, May 16, 2018 10:16 PM
 
May 16, 2018 10:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 14157
Kamala made her debut in the Avengers anime already. Funny how I don't here weeaboo cunts on Mal crying about that. Typical hypocrite scum.

No problem with Kamala being in anime Avengers but oh no it's so bad for her to be in the MCU .

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/10/03-1/ms-marvel-prepares-to-make-her-anime-debut-in-future-avengers



@Psyotic The MCU has touched on government control, casualties in combat , loyalty etc. LOL Family Guy to some degree is a masterpiece because it is offensive? Pissing people off can make you lose money because the pissed off people could boycott your product. Also movies are mainly to make money for studios. No offense to you and forgive me for being presumptuous but going by your avi you seem like an elitist that considers any non arthouse movie to be bland and bad. I could be wrong but that's the vibes I'm getting. Not every movie has to be symbolic or be deep to be good. The MCU has good character development, character backstory and decent world building which should be taken into consideration.
Modified by DrGeroCreation, May 16, 2018 10:38 PM
 
May 16, 2018 10:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 1415
DrGeroCreation said:
@Psyotic The MCU has touched on government control, casualties in combat , loyalty etc. LOL Family Guy to some degree is a masterpiece because it is offensive?


lol when did I say family guy was a masterpiece? like, having "offensive humor" doesn't mean you're making a meaningful statement.


Pissing people off can make you lose money because the pissed off people could boycott your produce. Also movies are mainly to make money for studios.


That's really fucking sad if you think that the main utility art has is to generate revenue for the artist.


No offense to you and forgive me for being presumptuous but going by your avi you seem like an elitist that considers any non arthouse movie to be bland and bad. I could be wrong but that's the vibes I'm getting. Not every movie has to be symbolic or be deep to be good.


When did I say that a movie has to be symbolic or deep to be good? Like yeah sure I prefer more underground art because it generally prioritizes the art itself over any sort of profit attached to it.

All I'm saying is that making the main character of your film a member of some marginalized group doesn't automatically make it compelling art. And given the types of movies Marvel makes, I don't really think that they will take such a premise in any direction that would be interesting or make a bold statement.
 
May 16, 2018 10:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 14157
@Psyotic My question was "Is Family Guy a masterpiece because it's offensive?" and your reply was "To some degree yes.

"That isn't to say that offensive automatically means good, but if you're making art that says something important, that says something necessary, then it's naturally going to piss some people off."

The movie industry is a money making industry. I didn't say the main utility of art is to generate revenue for the artist.

Well I agree there. Just having a character from a minority group isn't going to make a movie good but the opposite is true as well. Having a character from a minority group isn't going to automatically make a movie bad (I'm not saying you are implying that but some people in this thread would). If Marvel did that with that premise certain people would cry sjw and even boycott.
 
May 16, 2018 11:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 1415
DrGeroCreation said:
@Psyotic My question was "Is Family Guy a masterpiece because it's offensive?" and your reply was "To some degree yes.


Then let me amend that statement to be "no". Something that needs to be stated will often be offensive, but something being offensive does not mean that it needs to be stated.


The movie industry is a money making industry. I didn't say the main utility of art is to generate revenue for the artist.

Except you did:
DrGeroCreation said:
Also movies are mainly to make money for studios.



If Marvel did that with that premise certain people would cry sjw and even boycott.


Yeah sure and those people are dumb.
 
May 16, 2018 11:59 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 10429
Good let's see more arabic influence. They should do a live action movie telling the story of Jasmine.
 
Top
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »