Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2018 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lupin with the eyepatch! Thought the episode was thrilling with how he and Jigen went on their secret mission.

The part with the goons in the suits chasing them was funny. Lupin gives them a wild ride in a cat-and-mouse game like scenario. Those goons don't stand a chance against Lupin :p
May 15, 2018 12:09 PM

Jan 2012
Wow that was actually a pretty engrossing setup episode for this second arc. Felt like I was watching a movie. A spy thriller or heist film blend or something to that effect. Nice to get a Lupin/Jigen centric outing too. (I'm not counting disguised Lupin as a Fujiko appearance.) Definitely excited to see where this goes next, but I really couldn't even venture a guess at this point.
May 15, 2018 1:57 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode and much like thrilling buildup episode for me with some tense chase scenes. The reference to green jacket was nice to see and the plot thickens as in the very last moment as Lupin just looked super serious only just looking Albert's name and I am having very bad feeling from here...

Aside that, most notably I noticed there was too many creative background on this episode which were really stunning.
removed-userMay 15, 2018 2:01 PM
May 15, 2018 3:45 PM

Sep 2011
So the Episode II started. That "let there be light" was so cool!

It was a pretty good start and I can't wait for more.
May 15, 2018 4:51 PM

Jul 2015
Hard to believe Lupin wouldn't have noticed the notebook in the first place.
May 15, 2018 8:39 PM

Jan 2009
so this Albert guy is the mysterious enemy of this arc eh
May 15, 2018 10:58 PM

Apr 2012
For me, this episode was a pretty interesting introduction to this new arc. I am so curious about this Albert guy and it seems that Lupin already know him?? Maybe the theories are true and he really is the descendant of someone related to the original Arsène Lupin? Also, I loved to see Lupin and Jigen working together (just as always, but it's a nice thing to see haha) and Lupin disguised as Fujiko XD I can't wait for her to show up.
Looking forward to next episode <3
May 16, 2018 12:07 AM
Nov 2017
The Blue Jacket Lupin brings back memories of watching 60s spy movies on the weekend afternoon movies when I was a kid. Bond. Matt Helm. Flint. Dad would have loved this version of Lupin. Bumped to a 9. Keep it up ant may be a 10.
May 16, 2018 7:18 AM
Jul 2011
@DarkAudit
The Blue Jacket Lupin brings back memories of watching 60s spy movies on the weekend afternoon movies when I was a kid. Bond. Matt Helm. Flint.

All the franchise is like that especially the movies. Maybe the goofy episodes from Part II and Part III mask part of those signs but the roots of Lupin III are in spy, heist and adventure titles from the 60s.
May 16, 2018 8:04 AM

Jun 2010
This episode had lots of fun twists and turns, with just the right amount of action to top it all off. In the end Lupin's old acquaintance was dead even before he got to meet him, which makes us question just what Albert's motivations are going forward.

Overall a solid way to start a new arc in the series.

May 16, 2018 12:11 PM

Apr 2009
This is some SOLID detective story material here, just further proof that Lupin is the best anime of the season and a really strong AOTY contender.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 17, 2018 12:08 AM

Oct 2008
at last, a not so silly episode!
Jigen is really loyal to Lupin!
4/5.

May 17, 2018 2:03 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
A new Lupin´s adventure in a strange case with a black diary and a friend death!!!
Hilarious when Lupin disguised himself of Fujiko to get the fingerprints and eyeprints!!! kekeke
May 17, 2018 8:57 PM

Nov 2008
I'm with most everyone else. This was an amazing setup to, what we can only hope, will be a thrilling arc. If it keeps up this level of storytelling, I'll certainly rate it highly.
May 17, 2018 10:34 PM
Jul 2015
Nidhoeggr said:
This is some SOLID detective story material here, just further proof that Lupin is the best anime of the season and a really strong AOTY contender.
i agree. The season aint over yet but so far its been very good. Im starting to think lupin is underrated. As in not much people watch the show and acknowledge it.
May 18, 2018 1:15 AM

Apr 2009
Stevewonder07 said:
Nidhoeggr said:
i agree. The season aint over yet but so far its been very good. Im starting to think lupin is underrated. As in not much people watch the show and acknowledge it.

Only by some rather new anime fans in the West, if anything. This is one of the most famous and beloved IPs in the entire industry, after all.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 19, 2018 12:25 AM

Jun 2010
Stevewonder07 said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Agreed with @Nidhoeggr, you only need to look to other series like Cowboy Bebop and FLCL to see just how much of an impact the series has left on the industry, let alone the obscene amount of movies and tv specials that have been made for it.

There have been a few barriers of entry for it becoming popular in the west however; the big two being copywrite issues with the Leblanc estate and the usage of the name Arsene Lupin (resolved in 2012 when the character entered the public domain) and because the series is old. Akira (the film that had a major influence in creating a western interest in anime) was released in the US in 1989 whereas the most recent Lupin tv series (Part III at the time) finished airing in 1985. The few things that did make it to us were movies like Castle of Cagliostro, which while they can work fine on their own are better when you're more familiar with the characters.

It's unfortunate but because of these two factors it's only recently that we've been able to see consistent releases of Lupin content. Luckily with expired copyright, the increased access we have thanks to the internet, and new Lupin series it's never been easier to jump in 😎.
WandererReduxMay 19, 2018 12:31 AM
May 19, 2018 1:55 AM
May 2015
That was an interesting intro to a new story arc. with a new villain

May 19, 2018 11:22 PM
Aug 2014
deep voice Kenjirou Tsuda makes every show/episode better.

second arc looks like it could be interesting, Lupin seemed seemed a bit out of character at the end of this ep
May 20, 2018 2:32 PM
Oct 2017
I've been really busy cause of work, so I just got around to watching this. Another really enjoyable episode. Looking forward to Zenigata getting the black notebook from Lupin as a gift.
May 22, 2018 6:57 PM

Oct 2012
Top notch animation. Great start to the new arc. Lupin has his work cut out for him.
Mar 26, 2019 1:21 AM

Oct 2012
Haha looks like Lupin is dealing with ghost again
Shame there's no Goemon in this episode
This new part of Lupin really don't like Goemon that much huh
"Signature removed"
Jul 13, 2019 12:55 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode!! Seems Gaston is an old acquaintance of Lupin. I'm gessing Albert might be his apprentice since he was in his funeral at the beginning of the episode.

I love how the episode is more on detective and outwitting your opponents rather than just action based. This is already much better than Part IV tbh :)

Shame there's no Fujiko. I still don't know how Lupin can replicate Fujiko's voice or Jigen replicating Lupin's voice XD

Next episode!
Jul 29, 2019 7:34 PM
Nov 2016
It was a great start to a new mini adventure but what i dont get is, at the start it said Episode II when in fact we are on 7. Its also the first episode of a new arc so i dont see how that could explain it either. Anyone have a answer to help me?
Jan 8, 2022 7:22 PM

Jul 2016
Rayl1ght said:
Haha looks like Lupin is dealing with ghost again
Shame there's no Goemon in this episode
This new part of Lupin really don't like Goemon that much huh

I want me some more Goemon.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 8, 2018

44 by SleepingBear »»
Mar 27, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 11 Discussion

vigorousjammer - Aug 8, 2018

11 by St0rmblade »»
Dec 28, 2023 2:43 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

38 by OfficialGothBF »»
Jun 5, 2023 7:17 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

51 by OfficialGothBF »»
May 27, 2023 6:13 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2018

21 by korsarz »»
Mar 26, 2023 2:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.