Forum Settings
Forums

(Theory) Manami will win second Inter-high and Onoda will win the third

New
May 13, 2018 3:16 PM

Sep 2014
I know it's a little late to post this theory, but I feel confident and I want to inaugurate the Theory Compilation Thread.

So far, Yowamushi Pedal has focused on Onoda and his two companions of the same year, Imaizumi and Naruko, as protagonists. Since these three are facing their second consecutive year in the anime, and in the Japanese institutes there is until the third year, it isn't strange to think that Yowamushi Pedal will continue his adventures also in the third year. So I'm going to throw in my predictions about who will win Inter-high in the second year and also in the third year.

I suppose that the manga (and the anime) will end in third year, if it continued it would be under another name or with another tournament or other characters. Therefore, I would find it very strange that the anime ended without Sohoku's victory in Inter-high of the third year, so I will assume that Sohoku will win it.

Therefore, in a small table, the information we have would remain this way:

First year wins Onoda from Sohoku
Second year wins ? from ?
Third year wins ? from Sohoku

This means that Sohoku would win two of the three possible Inter-high in these three years, leaving us only one year in question, precisely the second year that is still broadcast at this time. I will elaborate three hypothesis for each of the three teams with chances of winning the Inter-high the second year, and in the end I will choose the one that seems most probable to me, (if you read the title you already know what it is).

Hypothesis of Sohoku; The new hegemony

If Sohoku won Inter-high in the second year, what team cyclist would do it? I can only think of one of the three protagonists. I don't think it's Onoda, it would be too overpowered for Onoda to win two consecutive Inter-highs, I don't think it's Imaizumi, in this Inter-high he isn't in fitness, and although I think he will achieve something important in the third stage, I don't think it is to win it, during the second stage he made many mistakes, so I would bet on the one who didn't commit them and who has a pending duel with Midousuji to be sprinter again: Naruko.

The only way for Naruko to be a sprinter again is to gain some control point against Midousuji. He can do it in this second stage, but he is very tired, and Onoda and Imaizumi have more possibilities. He can do it at the third stage control points, but it wouldn't make sense to be sprinter again in the middle of the stage when all the training of the year was to be off-roader, it makes much more sense to recover the sprinter position after winning the Inter-high and prepare for the next year.

So, if Onoda won the first year, Naruko wins the second, who's left? Imaizumi is the perfect candidate to win the third Inter-high, geting much better shape than now, and completing the new Sohoku hegemony.

I also have the impression that that dream they talked about a few seasons ago, that about crossing the goal together, will be fulfilled at some point. What better than a triple podium of the Inter-high for the protagonists of Sohoku in the end of the manga.

Second year wins Naruko from Sohoku
Third year wins Imaizumi from Sohoku

If there is anything against this hypothesis is if they win three years in a row is abusive, if this year's Sohoku shitty team wins, Hakone will lose my respect.

Hypothesis of Hakone; Eternal rivals

If Hakone wins Inter-high in the second year, who could do it? I can only think of two candidates, the most veteran of the team, Manami and Izumida. If the goal of the third stage ends in high, the candidate would be God Manami, if the goal ends in plain, the candidate would be Izumida. But there is a reason why I think it won't be Izumida, this is his last year on the team. Normally the winner of the Inter-high takes the zekken 1, if Izumida wins, who would take it the third year? the irresponsible badass Manami? an unknown character?

So God Manami is a more feasible candidate, he wants revenge for his senpais, also he has a pending duel with Onoda, what if the duel they had in the last Inter-high was repeated? God Manami would have his revenge, and Hakone's honor would be re-established.

So for the third year, in which Onoda and Manami are at their best, there would be a final duel, the duel that makes it clear who is the best cyclist and the best team, the duel that Onoda would end up winning again.

First year wins Onoda from Sohokua
Second year wins Manami from Hakone
Third year wins Onoda from Sohoku

Hypothesis of Kyofushi; All against Akira

The other team with chances to win the Inter-high is Kyoto Fushimi, and the only candidate of this team to win it is the great Akira Midousuji. There is not much to explain about. I wouldn't dislike him winning, he would become a perfect villain. And although some people say it's impossible since his team is very weak, one thing is for sure, Midousuji is the best cyclist of this edition, and Komari is a good gregarious.

The question is in who would win the third year? Midousuji wearing the zekken 1 would create thousands of enemies, all would go against him. And really, in this occasion I am not capable to decide who could win the Inter-high the third year. It could be Manami, making each Inter-high be won by a different team, it could be Onoda, claiming the title, or Imaizumi, beating Midousuji once and for all.

Second year wins Midousuji from Kyofushi
Third year wins Onoda / Imaizumi from Sohoku or Manami from Hakone

I'm too undecided with this hypothese, that's why this is which I like the least.

And for discarding, since the hypotheses of Sohoku and Kyofushi are not too plausible, I prefer Hakone's, which seems to be the most probable among all.

These are the chances of victory that I give to each one for the second Inter-high.

Manami 40%
Naruko 25%
Midousuji 15%
Imaizumi 12%
Izumida 5%
Onoda 2%
Another 1%
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 4, 2021 12:28 AM
Dec 2014
LightSparker said:

Manami 40%
Naruko 25%
Midousuji 15%
Imaizumi 12%
Izumida 5%
Onoda 2%
Another 1%

Let’s just say that your theories are quite (completely) wrong.
On the other hand, nobody was expecting that outcome...
shoujo1196Jan 4, 2021 12:32 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » What is Spokon?

LightSparker - May 12, 2018

1 by DKalen »»
Oct 2, 2020 8:02 AM

Sticky: » Affiliation

LightSparker - May 14, 2018

0 by LightSparker »»
May 14, 2018 3:56 AM

» eSports videogames REALLY related to sports

LightSparker - May 13, 2018

0 by LightSparker »»
May 13, 2018 3:33 PM

Sticky: » Theory Compilation Thread

0 by LightSparker »»
May 13, 2018 2:34 PM

» Sports moments in not sports anime

0 by LightSparker »»
May 13, 2018 1:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.