Forum Settings
Forums

Did you ever grow to hate an anime you loved back in the day?

New
May 13, 2018 6:28 AM

Jul 2015
Whenever i think about Fairy tail i just feel nothing, I'm mad at how it ended even though i already dropped it years ago
Yet sometimes i wonder, why? why do i hate it now?
When i was a littly babby i loved this show and everything in it, i always searched for fanart, read fanfiction and squealed over my favorite characters
but then as i grew up i just, stopped
In fact, i let go of everything involving it and ignored it like the pest
it was going in a direction i didn't care about and the constant asspulls became more and more frequent and even though i loved this show and thought it was a 10/10, i just despise it now
and i have to wonder, why did i like this anyway?

Ever had that happen to you?
SUPER CUTIE SUPER STAR
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 13, 2018 6:32 AM

Oct 2015
There are anime that I liked, but I have no longer any attachments to, but hate? It's a strong word, I've only hated a few anime through the years, can't say I hated many.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

May 13, 2018 6:33 AM

Dec 2016
It's hard for hate to break through nostalgia
Women of my dreams I don't sleep so I can't find her

May 13, 2018 6:56 AM

Jul 2017
not an anime but malcolm, I used to love this show but when rewatching an episode recently, I realised that the mother was despicable and spoiled completely the show for me, not to mention the inevitability of malcolm failing anything that he did with his life.

as for anime, I rewatched code geass recently and didn't like it at all, where it used to be my favourite. didn't even finish the 1st season.

also long running shonen, I used to love them but now I'm sure if I was to watch one piece, dbz or naruto now I wouldn't like them, my tastes having changed. the exeption being hxh that I'm sure I would still love.
ZehennagelMay 13, 2018 7:00 AM
May 13, 2018 6:57 AM
Oct 2017
i used to love mucha lucha but now i think it is worse anime than code geass
May 13, 2018 6:59 AM

Feb 2015
almost every anime i found in MAL that i've watched till i retired back in 2016

but i'm back on my shit with a different view, no more "deepthroating" cartoons, these ain't modernist shit like bergman
May 13, 2018 7:01 AM

Feb 2018
Not really hate but there are anime that I would rate much lower if I were to watch them now.
May 13, 2018 7:04 AM

Jul 2013
Bleach (manga)

Till now I can't even rewatch the anime
May 13, 2018 7:09 AM

Feb 2013
>hating japanese cartoons
i seriously hope you guys don't do this

but uhh i guess i dont have such a positive opinion on shounens (particularly shaman king and yuyu hakusho) even 50% as much as i did during my (pre)teen years
i figure it's the genre it's most common with
May 13, 2018 7:11 AM

Jun 2017
Probably Saint Seiya? I just loved the first major arc but from then everything went downhill and although Hades Arc seemed promising at first I got tired of seeing Seiya overcoming much stronger enemies with the same fucking Pegasus Meteor Fist every single time.

May 13, 2018 7:12 AM

Jul 2016
I'm exactly the same when it comes to Fairy Tail. Back in high school I thought it was the shit, and I was watching it with my friends constantly, but as soon as I entered college I started to hate it, and finally willed myself to stop mid way through the Tartaros arc. I still listen to the ost's occasionally though. They're alright
May 13, 2018 7:13 AM

May 2014
I think the only one for me is Sonic X. It had a few decent episodes here and there, but overall it's really terrible. It doesn't help that i can't stand the human characters.
May 13, 2018 7:14 AM

Nov 2011
Most of the shoujo manga's I used to love watching when I was 6 or so (like Super Gals).

Not exactly hate, more like won't watch again. It was enough that they left such good memories when I was a kid, the nostalgia it brings is heartwarming too, but rewatching them again makes me cringe to the bone.
—Actually, nevermind.
May 13, 2018 7:53 AM
Apr 2017
Never thought to hate an anime.
But for some reason, I give a lower rate to anime that I can't enjoy 😅
May 13, 2018 8:00 AM
Jun 2015
Can't say it has ever happened to me. I grew up with DBZ and I still love it just as much now.
May 13, 2018 8:05 AM

Apr 2018
I used to love Sonic X when i was younger since I was a huge Sonic fan back then, now I have come to realize just how horrible it is as an anime
"it's a confession of love, after all."

:。・:*:・゚’★,。・:*:・゚’

May 13, 2018 8:15 AM
osmamthus wine

May 2014
I loved Bakugan when I was a kid and loved it. I tried to rewatch, and... it's so cringy. But I plan on rewatching it all the way through, anyway. Ah, the completionist attitude.

Other than that, when I first saw the Danganronpa anime, I was way into it. Now that I've played the game, I've seen how much they really leave out, and am a little disappointed... though, they did really well for their 12-episode run.

May 13, 2018 8:18 AM

Oct 2017
I used to really like Inuyasha but after recently re-watching it I have begun to dislike it, even go so far as to lowering the score I originally gave it. Also after re-watching both seasons of Attack on Titan I realized how stupidly annoying the Main characters were.
May 13, 2018 8:20 AM

Aug 2015
The obvious answer is battle shounens (naruto, bleach, dragon ball) I read/watched when I was a lil' dum dum kid. I would have probably considered BnHA a masterpiece back then. I still like HxH and even One Piece nowadays though and that's not only because of nostalgia.

Then I started to like ecchi and harem shows when I was a horny teenager, now I don't really like those apart from couple exceptions.

I've been starting even disliking some of the SOL series I liked some years ago, guess my taste is constantly changing/evolving.

I always hated SAO.

May 13, 2018 8:21 AM

Jan 2018
As long as i remembered nothing like this has happened to me so far.
May 13, 2018 8:56 AM

Dec 2017
how about loving the anime that you hated before? i'm sure that happened more often than the given topic
May 13, 2018 9:01 AM

Feb 2012
Ain't no one got time for that. Though I have zero desire to force myself through an ancient favorite from the early days like LoGH again. Used to be great, now it's just another Naruto in the list. Doesn't mean I hate them.
May 13, 2018 9:22 AM
Apr 2018
bitchassdarius said:
i used to love mucha lucha but now i think it is worse anime than code geass

Mucha lucha! Hahahaha i had completely forgotten that show.
Oh boy im old...
May 13, 2018 9:24 AM

Apr 2016
All of them...I have NO loyalty!!!

Lol, I'm jesting, but on a serious note, I'm not a fan of Inuyasha or Pokemon anymore.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2018 9:30 AM

Feb 2016
Time passes and the things you like changes together with your perspective and shit..... it's a really normal thing

i myself had different phases through all my hobbies so far. Can't stand a lot of things i used to like, tho i have a soft spot for some
llorandoMay 13, 2018 9:34 AM
May 13, 2018 9:38 AM

May 2015
When I was like 11, I thought Gantz was the most mature and complex piece of work ever created...we all make mistakes.
May 13, 2018 9:40 AM

Aug 2015
Chento said:
Bleach (manga)

I see you're singing the same tune.

I don't hate it though... But I prefer watching some other new trash anime istead of rewatching this. XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
May 13, 2018 12:38 PM

Dec 2012
I wouldn't say "hate" but there are definitely some things like less.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

May 13, 2018 12:50 PM

Jul 2013
Meira_Eve said:
Chento said:
Bleach (manga)

I see you're singing the same tune.

I don't hate it though... But I prefer watching some other new trash anime istead of rewatching this. XD

I still love the characters, I don't hate them. I just hate how it ended lol
May 13, 2018 12:50 PM

Jun 2010
I would say Saint Seiya.

When I watched for the first time when I was a kid, I loved that show, but after trying to rewatch it much years later, I realized how awfull the animation is. For an action-oriented show, it's expected to have high quality animation, but this has worst than a few shows made in the seventies.
May 13, 2018 1:02 PM
May 2018
Mines Karas.
Tried to watch it again after around 5yrs. Just couldn't get into it, turned if off after 15min.
I loved it when I bought it on release.
May 13, 2018 1:07 PM

Aug 2015
When I watched Noragami I really liked it but when I decided to rewatch it before watching second season I found it so boring and full of cliche so eventually I didn't started second season
May 13, 2018 1:18 PM

Dec 2008
Hell yes-shit like Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Naruto, One Piece Of Shit.
Life Is Short But Intense.
May 13, 2018 1:20 PM

Apr 2018
I don't really hate an anime either old r new. But there are quite a few shows that I'd feel and experience differently if I were to watch them now. But I definitely wouldn't hate them.
May 13, 2018 1:21 PM

Dec 2017
I was crazy about Hunter x Hunter but I am beginning to dislike it and idk what the fuck i should do, because I dont want to become a hater.
May 13, 2018 1:26 PM

Dec 2015
Hate is a strong word, Naruto is the second anime i watched.
I have followed Naruto for years and years.
When the fillers began after Pain's arc i lost alot of my love for the anime but i stilled followed it.
I have rewatched the anime alot of times, but when it starts with the fillers the anime becomes a bit of bullshit.

It's sad i think its so sad, that they woud do something like that to Naruto.

May 13, 2018 1:49 PM

Oct 2016
Around the time I was in 6th grade, I only watched anime that other people recommended to me, so my idea of a great anime was InuYasha, Black Butler, and Pandora Hearts.
Now, I find InuYasha kind of boring (though I still love it because of the nostalgia). However, I just have no place in my heart for Black Butler anymore, and I don't like the Pandora Hearts anime after realizing how severely they botched up the story from the manga. (The manga is 10/10 though). Some other shows I dislike now even though I loved them when I was younger: Shakugan no Shana, Sword Art Online, Ouran High School Host Club.
I do still like Soul Eater, Death Note, and Blue Exorcist, which I watched around that same time period.
May 13, 2018 1:58 PM

Oct 2012
Hate? No. But I definitely don't hold Madoka magica or Clannad after story in as high regards as I did when I was a teen.
May 13, 2018 2:05 PM

Mar 2017
I'm kind of astonished that I ever liked Pokemon, considering how incredibly formulaic it is and its frequent lack of narrative stakes.

Cardcaptor Sakura's dub has become pretty obnoxious to me as well.

"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Everything... is connected." -Lain Iwakura

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

"Anime fans make me embarrassed to be an anime fan." -InkSpider
May 13, 2018 2:08 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Yeah. Naruto. I constantly complain on how big of a disappointment it became to me as an adult anytime the opportunity arises.

Anything else? Not really. I didn't have super devoted or hyper love for anything else like that, maybe Junjou and Peach Girl but they're not bad, just not the quality I beamed onto them at the age of 13.
May 13, 2018 6:34 PM

Jun 2016
Naruto. Ironically my childhood favorite turned into one of my most disdained animes.
Was enjoyable but the MC became far too OP and annoying about halfway and I ended up hating the series.
Gift by Mimurona

May 13, 2018 8:14 PM
Jun 2016
I didn't watch enough anime as a kid to really do that, the ones I did watch dragon ball, robotech i still feel the same way.

But I've done that with alot of movies, especially songs. Everyone wants to be a cat, and others I LOVED as a kid, now I can't even figure out why I liked them. Tastes probably change, and some anime/shows and things are designed for when your younger so you might like them more, not sure on that.
May 13, 2018 8:49 PM

Dec 2016
Jare4lopez said:
Probably Saint Seiya? I just loved the first major arc but from then everything went downhill and although Hades Arc seemed promising at first I got tired of seeing Seiya overcoming much stronger enemies with the same fucking Pegasus Meteor Fist every single time.

I can understand people disliking the Poseidon arc, it felt rushed and the seven marine generals were very underwhelming as enemies, also how the Hades arc ended (very disappointing) but the Asgard one (where Seiya only beat the first guy) was as awesome as the Sanctuary arc, what didn't you like from it?
May 13, 2018 9:00 PM

Oct 2010
I don't hate it but it would be One Piece, I really loved it the first 300 or so episodes, I thought it was the best thing ever created but after the timeskip it's like I watch a different anime. I kinda don't care anymore about it, I just watch it like a boring routine. That guy who mentioned Mucha Lucha, that show was cool.
May 13, 2018 11:04 PM

Jun 2017
Glenfinnan said:
Jare4lopez said:

I can understand people disliking the Poseidon arc, it felt rushed and the seven marine generals were very underwhelming as enemies, also how the Hades arc ended (very disappointing) but the Asgard one (where Seiya only beat the first guy) was as awesome as the Sanctuary arc, what didn't you like from it?

I agree , Asgard Arc is indeed very good , nothing against it , it's flawless and they're probably the best filler episodes you'll see out there . Although it has some of the best villains in the series (every God Warrior is interesting and unique , sth villains from future arcs would lack) and my favourite Saint gets some spotlight here ( Hyoga), it doesn't reach the level of greatness of the Sanctuary Arc , this , has the best fights in the series (Ikki vs Shaka , Shiriu vs Shura, Hyoga vs Camus , Shun vs Aphrodite ) , it introduces the Gold Saints (everyone wanted an action figure of a Gold Saint) and you get Gemini Saga, no other villain in the series is as good as him.

Poseidon Arc is by far the most disappointing thing I've ever watched , back as a child I was expecting so much of it and ended up getting nothing but a rushed and predictable story with a bland and boring Poseidon and a lot of generic characters (apart from Saga's brother Kanon and Krishna)

May 14, 2018 12:09 AM

Sep 2017
When Sword Art Online first came out I absolutely loved it, but nowadays I realize how much of a fool I was.
Are we really gonna make it..?
May 14, 2018 12:11 AM

Apr 2013
Not really hating on any of the old shows no. I noticed that a lot of them are not as good, but that's probably because as a child I has lower standards when it comes to TV shows.
May 14, 2018 4:01 AM

Feb 2015
Probably Naruto, even though I still don't hate it. I liked it a lot in its beginnings, like with the Zabuza arc and the tournament arc that followed, but it went downhill so much later on. Seeing the post-timeskip manga chapters is so sad, with its soulless art, boring, drawn-out plotlines, and battles that have nothing in common with what people generally associate with ninjas anymore...
May 14, 2018 8:13 AM

Mar 2012
Maybe Kyo Kara Maoh but I only hate a part of it, as long as Conrad exists I can never completely hate it even if I wanted to. I was a completely crazy fangirl ever since I first watched it on TV back in 2006 but now I really hate the author as well as the fandom. How I wish I could forget about the old enjoyable stuff and bring myself to completely hate it based on the newer crappy content.
May 14, 2018 12:21 PM

Apr 2010
Didn't happen to me... Maybe I don't like it as much, but actually hate? no.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

83 by FanofAction »»
1 minute ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates. ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

50 by Bruh69XD »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

28 by deg »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

80 by Bruh69XD »»
6 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 45 minutes ago

6 by Kenzolo-folk »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.