Forum Settings
Forums

What anime gave you the worst case of Post-Show Depression?

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
May 13, 2018 12:11 PM
I've just finished, 5cm a second.
Not sure if I'm angry or depressed after that ending..
Spice and wolf was a close one.
I'm going to go mega old skool.
Fist of the North star and Akira..

May 13, 2018 12:11 PM

Nana even though i don't remember much of the anime but the depression i do

May 13, 2018 12:13 PM

redrum522 said:
StaleNoodle said:
Devilman and Abyss haunted me days after watching them
i even dreamed about 'em several times > >

Made in Abyss was such a ride. The credits scene in the last episode is honestly one of my favorite scenes in all of anime

ye,i remembered that scene it had cool song accompanying it
(think its named tomorrow)

The one that stayed with me and the one i dreamt ,
was Riko's nightmare,when she is in that sticky eeky kind of a membrane,
so uneasy,i loved it

May 13, 2018 1:00 PM

It wasn't that bad, but Hanasaku Iroha left me feeling void.

May 13, 2018 1:01 PM

I think it is Shakugan no Shana, but it was quite some time ago.

May 13, 2018 1:16 PM

Clannad-After Story, Aria (but in a good way), Air, In This Corner Of The World.
Life Is Short But Intense.

May 13, 2018 2:05 PM

lets see

When I first started anime i think it was Tokyo Ghoul or SAO

in the past few month or so most likely March comes in like a lion or Soul eater

May 13, 2018 4:46 PM

Texhnolyze probably. I can't remember anything else atm that gave me that sort of feeling.

May 13, 2018 4:47 PM
Probably Hunter x Hunter or Angel Beats

May 13, 2018 4:55 PM

Evangelion for sure. No questions asked.

May 13, 2018 4:57 PM
Grave of the fireflies.
School Days.
Devilman: Crybabay. This one was depression mixed with a host of other emotions.
Angel Beats.
Shigatsu wa kimi no uso.
What will you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?

And a few others i can't remember at the moment.

May 13, 2018 5:00 PM

MatthiasBarclay said:
Grave of the fireflies.
School Days.
Devilman: Crybabay. This one was depression mixed with a host of other emotions.
Angel Beats.
Shigatsu wa kimi no uso.

Wow I completely forgot about School Days. That was a ride!

May 13, 2018 5:22 PM

Physco pass was depressing and ending left me feeling wierd for a good few days, suprised hardly anyone mentioned it. Also death note was pretty shocking

May 13, 2018 5:23 PM

after i shotgunned all of nisekoi + the manga i wanted to die
❄️❄️❄️

May 13, 2018 5:25 PM
Ima Soko ni Iru Boku. That's a true hidden gem and masterpiece IMO. (It's also named NTHT)

May 13, 2018 5:34 PM

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and Made in abyss.

and avatar the last air bender if you consider that anime.

for live action I'd say breaking bad
NANACHO FOR PRESIDENT

May 13, 2018 5:36 PM

As you can see, all the Kara no Kyoukai movies

May 13, 2018 5:37 PM
redrum522 said:
MatthiasBarclay said:
Grave of the fireflies.
School Days.
Angel Beats.
Shigatsu wa kimi no uso.

Wow I completely forgot about School Days. That was a ride!
Yep, school days was definitely ride and a half lol.

May 13, 2018 5:40 PM

Stubborn_Idiot said:

Made in Abyss left me feeling so empty that I HAD to start something else immediately. Funny enough that show was K-On! Which hit me even more once I finished it.

Live-action wise, Breaking Bad is a great example. Game of Thrones as well after each season!

May 13, 2018 5:43 PM

LotGH broke me in a way no show has ever done before. I did not have the motivation to watch any show for the rest of the year (finished it around mid-October). I did not feel sad or depressed but I did not have the motivation to watch any other show that was not currently airing.

Luckily I was able to recover.

May 13, 2018 5:47 PM

redrum522 said:
Stubborn_Idiot said:

Made in Abyss left me feeling so empty that I HAD to start something else immediately. Funny enough that show was K-On! Which hit me even more once I finished it.

Live-action wise, Breaking Bad is a great example. Game of Thrones as well after each season!

yeah, k on season 2 ending was one of the most depressing and definitely raised the bar for good moe anime for me.
NANACHO FOR PRESIDENT

May 13, 2018 5:53 PM

Devilman: Crybaby. It was an empty void, me staring at my ceiling at night questioning my own existence.

May 13, 2018 5:55 PM

Furisuu said:
LotGH broke me in a way no show has ever done before. I did not have the motivation to watch any show for the rest of the year (finished it around mid-October). I did not feel sad or depressed but I did not have the motivation to watch any other show that was not currently airing.

Luckily I was able to recover.

That must’ve been such an odd feeling. What show did you start after coming back from your mini hiatus?

May 13, 2018 5:59 PM
Welcome to the NHK had me really depressed for a solid 3 days. It actually made me feel like a pretty worthless person, which is ironic because one of the show’s messages is that you shouldn’t feel that you’re worthless.
Modified by Packman4000, May 13, 2018 6:03 PM

May 13, 2018 6:03 PM

K-On Season 2, especially since I watched all the bonus episodes before episode 24 (the graduation one). I refuse to watch the movie because of it.

Drifting away like a feather in air

Letting my words take me away from the hurt and despair

May 13, 2018 6:26 PM

Shinsekai Yori left me feeling so empty for weeks after I finished it.

May 13, 2018 6:30 PM

JRads47 said:
K-On Season 2, especially since I watched all the bonus episodes before episode 24 (the graduation one). I refuse to watch the movie because of it.

Episodes 20 and 24 are such a tough watch. The movie didn't make it any better lmao

May 13, 2018 6:35 PM
White Light

toradora made me depressed while i was watching it and after i watched it

May 13, 2018 6:37 PM

redrum522 said:
JRads47 said:

Episodes 20 and 24 are such a tough watch. The movie didn't make it any better lmao

I'll probably watch it after summer, watching K-On during senior year didn't make the ending less depressing.

Drifting away like a feather in air

Letting my words take me away from the hurt and despair

May 13, 2018 7:17 PM
Erased, K-ON season 2, and Naruto

- Erased, after erased ended, I feel empty and sad for a couple of days because the story is so touching, flawless, and its end so perfectly
- K-ON season 2, when I watch episode 20 and 24 of K-ON S2, I feel so sad and depressed because the 3rd year girls are graduating and leaving Azusa alone in high school and the story won't continue again. Even it's still give me sadness when I heard K-ON songs although I completed the series 2 years ago
- Naruto, I watched Naruto when I was still a kid until it ended when I in my second year of highschool. It makes me feels empty for a couple of days because the series which I watch every week since I was a kid finally ended. Well there is Boruto series but it's different and I don't want to watch it

Modified by paralon184, May 13, 2018 7:30 PM

May 13, 2018 7:25 PM

Definitely Hunter X Hunter (2011) -_-

May 13, 2018 7:58 PM
Ansatsu kyoushitsu, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, and Kill la Kill - These have this graduation vibe going, especially at the end. I finished them a few weeks before I graduated from school, so I could really relate to the stuff they were going through. Koro-sensei's death was definitely sad though.

Hyouka - It probably was the first anime to make me feel empty after finishing it. I really enjoyed it, and the last scene was just something else, but it felt kinda incomplete since they technically didn't get together.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Angel Beats, and AnoHana - Well they're supposed to make you cry so yeah... Not as much depression/feeling of emptiness though.

May 13, 2018 7:59 PM

Only Dragon Ball GT's ending has had the power of creating an internal void in me (since -while it's not canon- I still regard that as the true ending of the DB franchise).

May 13, 2018 8:03 PM
KonoSuba and Saiki Kusuo
Don't get me wrong, I'm having fun watching those, but because of that, after I finished, I don't have that kind of "mood booster" anime anymore. I need more of those two!!

For a really depressing and disturbing anime, it's Shinsekai Yori for me. Even I can't watch another anime for like 3 days. The story still fresh in my mind and give a strange feeling in my stomach.
Modified by HenriettaSean, Jun 10, 7:01 AM

May 13, 2018 8:08 PM

Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc

Admittedly, it was only part-way through, but I was messed up for two whole days. I practically wanted to hug the GameStop employee who called on the second day and said "Hey, your Trails of Cold Steel II preorder is in!" That guy probably has no idea how much that little conversation did for me that day.
For a variety of reasons, I have retired from the majority of these forums. I won't be participating in threads outside of the recommendations subforums, nor will I be responding to quotes outside of those subforums.

You're free to quote my other, past posts to your heart's content: just be aware that I won't be reading your replies, let alone responding to them.

May 13, 2018 9:28 PM

Well, in the sense that I questioned my purpose on this earth, I've got Asura Cryin' 2. To this day, I wonder how my little brother got me to watch both seasons with him. It was just supposed to be a joke...

When it comes to endings that left me in a low or empty mood, I think Watamote takes the cake, followed by Samurai Champloo, Gundam Thunderbolt, and Rakugo Shinjuu.

May 13, 2018 9:47 PM

ImNotHere said:
Well, in the sense that I questioned my purpose on this earth, I've got Asura Cryin' 2. To this day, I wonder how my little brother got me to watch both seasons with him. It was just supposed to be a joke...

When it comes to endings that left me in a low or empty mood, I think Watamote takes the cake, followed by Samurai Champloo, Gundam Thunderbolt, and Rakugo Shinjuu.

I'm actually about to start Samurai Champloo this week! Hope it doesn't hit me too hard tbh.

May 13, 2018 10:56 PM

Naruto was the first one that got me really bad just because I had basically grown up with the characters since I was 10 and it was the only anime I'd ever watched. On the bright side though, it was because of how depressed I was afterwards that I started watching anime seriously last year.

After that though Steins;Gate probably killed me the most, followed by Toradora.

End of Evangelion is worth mentioning too, but it wasn't the same feeling. I was just shook for a while after finishing it

May 14, 2018 12:58 AM

idek why but Nagi No Asukara and I didn't even like the show

May 14, 2018 2:07 AM

Most recently, NANA, after spending 3.5 years watching it (had the show on-hold for 2 years, though). The penultimate episode really got to me since it showed
that happened in the earlier episodes before I put it on-hold for 2 years.
Modified by wildhood, May 14, 2018 2:19 AM

May 14, 2018 3:48 AM
The anime that people posted above like Death Note,Code Geass,Your Lie In April all left me content.But,IDK why Parasyte left me really depressed when watching the show,especially when the protagonist turns less 'human'.Everything about it left me depressed,there was nothing to lift up your hopes

May 14, 2018 4:08 AM

Les Miserables: Shoujo Cosette

/30characters

May 14, 2018 4:34 AM

Anohana made me mad depressed for a really long while. I remember watching it years and years ago and just sobbing for like a solid 8 hours

May 14, 2018 4:36 AM

Assassination Classroom left me as an emotional wreck afterwards, as well as Black Butler.
"Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your poker face."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

May 14, 2018 4:49 AM
Scum wish gave me a depressed felling even after 4ep and was too shitty

May 14, 2018 4:54 AM

Mahou Sensou. I was so depressed on thinking why I managed to finish that show and it haunted me for a while.

May 14, 2018 4:57 AM

Yuru Camp. It made me realize I've been missing out on the great medium that is anime :P

May 14, 2018 4:59 AM
Only one comes to mind- Texhnolyze.
Rest gave me feels and stuff
But nothing like absolute nihilistic depression.

May 14, 2018 5:12 AM
The Vanquished

Life it's still on-going too :/

Hmm but if its anime hmmm ok Guilty Crown I was new to anime and it took me a while to settle in that the main heroine died :/

Recently? Devilman: Crybaby from ep 9 to 10 =_="" just kept getting worse

Shinsekai Yori especially what happened to Maria and Mamoru T_T D: why why do you make me remember these stuff T_T

Code geass to some degree we all know what he did WE ALL DO...

Some other stuff i can't seem to remember but yeah the worst would still probably be the first one since it's close to home
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 14, 2018 5:40 AM

clannad, toradora, and sword art online. YES sword art online. It was my first anime and i binged it in 1 day so i got really fucked, if i watched it now i probably wouldn´t feel much though

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »