Forum Settings
Forums

What anime gave you the worst case of Post-Show Depression?

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Apr 23, 2019 5:24 PM

Jul 2016
i'd probably have to say either haibane renmei or cowboy bebop, just because they affected me
quite deeply and upon finishing both i recall feeling really empty inside oof

grouper - no other

0:00 ●━━━━━━─────── 3:46

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

⁞⁞⁞ purple cause baal is my wife  ⁞⁞⁞
Apr 23, 2019 5:26 PM
Mar 2019
Watamote. I wanted to watch more after I finished it, so I started reading the manga, since it is unlikely that a season2 will be made.
Apr 23, 2019 5:29 PM

Jan 2018
Aria. It's my favorite anime for a multitude of reasons; I can't even begin to describe the feeling it left me with. All I could do for days was just write about it, and I started a rewatch within a week of finishing it for the first time.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Apr 23, 2019 5:31 PM

Nov 2018
Without a doubt......Hands down.......No questions asked......
Mine was "Your Lie in April"

That just put me in a completely different state for about an entire week, and I never knew something could grip you like that before finishing it.
Apr 23, 2019 5:32 PM

Oct 2018
I'd say Lain, Welcome to the NHK, and Cowboy Bebop. I felt even worse after reading NHK's novel...
Apr 23, 2019 5:39 PM

Dec 2012
Wolf's Rain has been the worst for me. I still can't listen to some of the songs without tearing up.
"All life is inherently broken from the start. There is no perfection in life. Otherwise, what would be the purpose of death? It's to try to find ways to better yourself before the end that gives us purpose."
Apr 23, 2019 5:41 PM

May 2015
BANANA FISH HANDS DOWN . Im still upset
My Candies:
Apr 23, 2019 5:57 PM

Dec 2010
Antonio-san said:
Legend of The Galactic Heroes. Not because it's sad, but LotGH just left a hole in my heart after I finished watching it. Hunter x Hunter and NHK ni Youkoso made me feel the same way.

Furisuu said:
LotGH broke me in a way no show has ever done before. I did not have the motivation to watch any show for the rest of the year (finished it around mid-October). I did not feel sad or depressed but I did not have the motivation to watch any other show that was not currently airing.

Luckily I was able to recover.

Me three LotGH ruined the way I watch anime I mean it was so good nothing else could of compare no show was holding my attention so I decided to take a break from anime to play games,the anime that broke me out of this horrible cycle was Detective Conan.I have not watch the remake because I don't want to fall back in that mess my advice to people who have not watch LotGH yet is to stay away from it until you are fully ready this show will break you in a good and bad way Sieg Kaiser Reinhard!

Code Geass man that ending for season two I remember I was so mad for a week all hail Lelouch
Apr 23, 2019 5:59 PM
Jul 2018
Banana Fish, that show killed me and still does. Also I have no idea but I may have posted this already, oh well.
Apr 23, 2019 6:08 PM
Sep 2016
Clannad After Story for sure, Ive been in a hard depression for a week after that show, and yet it is my second favorite anime of all time
Apr 23, 2019 6:12 PM
Nov 2015
Clannad for me
I didn't start another anime after it for about a week
Apr 23, 2019 6:30 PM
Mar 2016
5 Centimeters Per Second

Apr 23, 2019 6:42 PM
Sep 2018
I'd say my top three were Made in Abyss, Shinsekai Yori, and End of Evangelion.

Made in Abyss was just an emotional gut punch the likes of which I've never really experienced before and I was just uncontrollably sad for like 3 days afterwards. It was the first piece of fictional media to get me to cry in a long time.

Shinsekai Yori made me... I don't know if depressed it the right word, but the real world ethical parallels in that show just sapped a lot of confidence in real life out of me and left me angry at the state of the world as it ended in the show, and at the state of the world in real life. Shinsekai Yori is one of those shows that made me reflect on the state of our world immediately after watching, since the parallels to real life were so strong.

End of Evangelion was a trip and while it has an affirming message at the end, you have to slog through an hour and twenty minutes of suffering to get there and I just felt drained after my first watch. Probably didn't help I was already in a down mood before watching.
Apr 23, 2019 8:18 PM

Oct 2015
nothin left me more empty than episode 25 of Death Note. I felt so lost watching the remaining episodes.

post show Id say s1 of 3-gatsu no Lion & Nana.
Apr 23, 2019 8:40 PM

Dec 2012
5 Centimeters per Second... was supposed to be nice but killed me

Horarubi no Mori e... cried for hours

Koe no Katachi... was too intense in a short period of time I felt like crumbling after watching it
Apr 24, 2019 7:05 PM
News Team
Demon Spawn

Apr 2017
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 haunted me for days. It's been almost two years and I still can't hear the last episode OST without tearing up
Apr 24, 2019 7:17 PM

Mar 2019
Shows that give me PSD are

K-On!! Season 2

K-On!! is because of the graduation scene.That time i already has graduated from high school,so it kinda gave me that post graduation vibe.Leaving the happy days behind and also not having to be able to see these characters in the future was pretty depressing.

Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho

This anime feels so underated.This anime can give you the feeling of wanting to do more in your life.When i finished it,it makes me wanting to go for an adventure.To just go somewhere,anywhere,everywhere and it reminded me on how when i was younger i dreamed of going places and seeing things i have never seen before.
"You're having lewd thoughts aren't you?"
"My thoughts are a hundred times more lewd that what you're imagining."

--Sakurajima Mai and Azusagawa Sakuta Bunny Girl Senpai
Apr 24, 2019 7:47 PM
Jul 2018
If you're talking about a show that scarred me for life:
not so sure about that but I think Violet Evergarden did made me a bit depressed when I finished the show. Maybe Clannad, Steins Gate too.
If you're talking about a show that made me quite depressed that the anime didn't finish the whole source material, and also that anime is considered as one of my favorites:
I literally just had PSD after rewatching The World God Only Knows. And if I do remember, this also happened to me when I finished Baccano.
Also, I might have suffered PSD after watching Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, School Rumble and Zombieland Saga. Heck, I think even Darling in the Franxx made me have PSD and I still don't know why.
Apr 24, 2019 9:15 PM

Apr 2019
WolfGoddess77 said:
Wolf's Rain has been the worst for me.

Yeeeeees!!! This!! But I wasn't sad I was PISSED because I had no clue what the point was. lol! I was pissed/depressed that I could never get that time back.

Also Grave of the Fireflies. So awful.
Apr 25, 2019 9:32 AM
Sep 2018
rascal does not dream of bunny girl senpai...

i got so connected to the characters it felt like i got seperated from real life friends after the show ended and didnt watch a single anime episode for one whole month
Apr 25, 2019 12:55 PM

Oct 2018
Assassination Classroom. I was watching the end in my bed next to my gf and started to cry my heart out, she didn't understand what the heck was going on lol
Apr 25, 2019 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
The one to have come closest to it was Saint Seiya, several times. But I was a kid then, 10, 11 years old. I don't picture it happening ever after.
Apr 25, 2019 1:19 PM

Feb 2018
There's Yu yu Hakusho. Wasn't fully into anime yet but I tried watching it when I grew older. It gave me 1 year of post-show existential crisis. Then I tried Inuyasha, it gave me another of 1 year post-show depression syndrome. Bokura wa Minna Kawai-sou made me realize I can no longer have those kind of life after college. These three were probably were the worst so far.

Then there's FMA:B, High School DxD (before Hero was released), Trinity Seven, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, Kami nomi zo Shiru Seka especially Megami-hen.

Clannad, Shigatsu wa Kimi no uso, Plastic memories were sad. I just carried the sadness with me while watching other shows. FeelsBadMan.
Jun 10, 2023 7:05 AM
Jun 2023
toradora was the first and only anime i experienced P.A.D (post anime depression) after i finished it well i was wondering why it ended so quickly and that that was the biggest cliffhanger of all time im really hoping that they come out with a season 2 and dont leave on such a cliffhanger if you have not watched toradora i do really recommend it its a great anime but it was the only show including live action that made me basically
 cry 
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

115 by APolygons2 »»
4 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

73 by traed »»
8 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

69 by MasterTasuke »»
12 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 7 hours ago

16 by LenRea »»
14 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

19 by LenRea »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.