Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Devils' Line
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2018 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the sniper girl from the previous episodes survived.

After the dramatic chaos from recent events, it seems the show is calming down a bit. Anzai and Tsukasa seems to be more understanding of each other more. Tsukasa's phsyical condition isn't doing so well but at least she has Anzai looking out after her.

Felt like the episode was building for something much bigger though. I still don't trust that Kleemann guy at all.
May 12, 2018 8:52 AM

Jun 2013
I thought she was dead in the last episode, with how death goes in this series I guess it's only natural that that's what I thought.

I think this episode had some great parts in it when it comes to the little action part at least, but nothing too big to get crazy about.

3/5 I think it's fine but I hope for this to get better as I had high hopes for it in the start.
MrMushinMay 12, 2018 8:59 AM
May 12, 2018 9:29 AM

Jun 2015
It's surprising the sniper is still alive, she needs to die. Things are slowing down a bit, but things will pick up soon. Anzai and Tsukasa are getting close to each other bit by bit. Still don't know much about Kleemann.
May 12, 2018 9:50 AM

Nov 2016
Sniper girl survived, wasn't expecting that. She must have something.

More information about the hybrid vampire and the orphanage. They have noticed that there is a mole is within the police, and it seems that is more than one.

Sniper girl trying to escape, that jump, Is she a monkey?. This felt like a build up episode for the upcoming arc.
May 12, 2018 10:03 AM

Jul 2017
Anzai and Tsukasa's romance just feels too.... off. I can't really buy it one bit. And the fact that they get closer in this episode makes this whole situation feel weirder.
May 12, 2018 11:28 AM

Jul 2015
Sniper girl being alive was known to me(i spoiled myself)

So Tsukasa under danger now.

The story is getting better.Though the animation quality could have been better.

May 12, 2018 1:51 PM
Jul 2018
Damn.

I can't help falling in love with Anzai bit by bit with each episode that passes. Of course, his relationship with Tsukasa is still sweet as well as cute.

And then there's Johannes Kleeman - not sure what to make of him as of yet, but it's interesting to know a little of his background, I guess.

Can't believe there's a "mole" (or two) within the police force. It's going to be shocking to the others when they eventually find out.

Sniper girl being alive after the last episode was definitely a surprise, and her trying to escape from the hospital was a bit funny (even though it put Tsukasa in danger).

All in all, I can't wait to see what happens next. There's only 6 more episodes to go and I hope they'll be able to wrap it all up in a nice way...and if not, I suppose I'll just have to turn to the original source material (manga) to find out the rest!!
May 12, 2018 6:56 PM

May 2017
Not surprised that the sniper girl is alive, she's too important and it's too early

Smfh Anzai and his ideals, so him and white hair dude are Yin/Yang
May 12, 2018 9:17 PM

Jul 2008
When i started this anime i had zero expectations but im actually enjoying it!
Anzai transforming just from hear about drinking tsukasa blood in the beginning of the episode was kind of cute :3
May 13, 2018 12:25 AM

Jul 2016
More things are built in this episode.More conflicts are shown in this episode,characters are unlikely trusting each other,tho I think something dramatic gonna happen again.

Life is empty without anime

May 13, 2018 2:33 AM

Mar 2009
At least they finally sorted out that $#!tt¥ pacing in this episode and the last one.
Hopefully, people will stop ragging so bad on the whole series (manga included).... My only issue was the fact that they were leaving important info out. Not really the fact that they weren't adapting it word for word, action for action.

Too bad the first 4 episodes don't represent the story very well, though.... They should have started the anime with the shooting at Tsukasa's place, then done a flashback after Anzai went after 07.
They likely would saved time, and given out all of the needed info in only one (or two) episodes (most of which they left out of the first 4 EPs.... The relationship wouldn't have likely felt as forced, or rushed as it ended up feeling in the anime, if they did that), in a better way than how it ended up being done.
But they did it this way. So, as long as they keep the pacing like this (how it should be), the rest of the series shouldn't be so awkward.
May 13, 2018 6:41 AM
Sep 2017
Another decent episode from a decent anime. You can see that tsukasa is Angry, Maybe because she wanted to help but anzai won't let him??

May 13, 2018 6:55 PM

Feb 2015
This show is trying too hard to convey the obvious message that the capacity for evil is not based on race. It's not doing philosophy or abstract messages very well.

Can't say I'm happy the sniper is alive, I'm pretty confident there is gunna be some contrived soul searching ending up with her realizing what almost everyone with brain realizes. That the whole conflict here is retarded.
May 13, 2018 8:07 PM

Dec 2013
but they brought up an actual interesting point why is drinking blood illegal if people get small portions just like Hans does,i hope it leads to some ancient lore cause ill be really interested to see how it's gonna be constructed then
May 13, 2018 8:35 PM

Mar 2018
Solid episode. Still feels like theres a lot of missed potential though. I wish they had made this a 2 season series
May 14, 2018 3:44 AM

Jul 2015
I get her friend is worried about her and all, but Anzai has seen her blood like 3 or 4 times already, and only attempted to attack her like once out of those attempts... That's pretty good. Episode was more build up with a little action, it won't bad though, just a little boring.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 14, 2018 7:20 AM

Oct 2015
I’m a bit lost, is Makimura a traitor as well?
May 14, 2018 9:08 PM

Jan 2017
So far, I am really enjoying this. I really like the way they animated some stuff. I hope we get to see Tamaki.
May 15, 2018 12:56 AM

Mar 2010
Getting tired of Tsukasa being a paperweight and how she got grabbed when she was so close to everyone else made no sense, I was sticking with it to see where her relationship goes with Anzai but it's going absolutely nowhere, Johannes is easily the best character but not even he can make up for what this series lacks.

I hear the manga is better so I may give that a go instead.
May 15, 2018 2:04 AM
Dec 2017
I feel like we're getting to know Tsukasa and Anzai more... Cool.
May 15, 2018 6:28 AM

Dec 2015
I'm not very happy about Tsukasa telling her friend what Anzai is. C'mon girl, that's not your secret to tell! (Sure, her friend could have figured it out herself, but Tsukasa didn't have to tell her directly.)

The OP, Eclipse's full MV has been uploaded by King Records.
May 15, 2018 1:43 PM

Feb 2018
Lots of Advice to anzai from johannes in this ep.
Bit curious about the old man in the roof,
And another traitor again?
What did You expect? life sucks from the get go....
May 15, 2018 7:51 PM

Oct 2008
Well...moles are everywhere...just for the sake of plot...
4/5.

May 16, 2018 6:42 PM

Feb 2016
Only real complaint this ep was the sound in the beginning of the episode - wtf was up with quality when Anzai was yelling? That was like ear rape level mic quality.
May 25, 2018 10:02 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Ohhh, Makimura is a police infiltrated in the group :;/
Jul 5, 2020 9:37 AM

Jun 2020
lmfao @ ketchup

i came into devils line completely blind and i actually am enjoying it

anzai's so sweet to tsukasa. really like kleemann's character he's really interesting and ryohei kimura did a great job with his VA. also i liked tsukasa, right up to when she told her friend that anzai's a vampire????? why did she do that lol is she an airhead also she doesn't seem to have any survival instincts and doesn't seem to be in tune with the fact that there are dangerous beings around her and the guy she likes could highly be likely to kill her lol

the pacing is also really weird - i don't recall them spending that much time together and she's already all "he means so much to me" eh....? she's the anime bella swan alright lol

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 5, 2021 6:14 PM

May 2015
HE. TIRED. TO. REMOVE. HER. HAIR CLIPS?????
IT WAS SO ADORABLE I CANT OMG WEIOFHUJ *cries*

plus i will strat calling poeple ketchup ajksajk omg
BakaDorayakiFeb 5, 2021 6:23 PM
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Oct 26, 2021 2:12 PM

Jan 2021
Well that was quick. I thought it'll take them a while to figure out that there was a traitor with in the force. The question now is how fast will they figure out who it is. Then again it looks like the traitor's group is falling internally apart so he'll probably be discovered next episode.
Apr 3, 2023 10:17 AM
Aug 2021
BRUH betrayal after betrayal. First sniper girl gets stabbed and somehow survives then home boy gets thrown off the side of the staircase now we got a mole within the police force and he killed everyone at the bar. When white-haired boy said jerk off I couldn't help but laugh😂. Her friend has been the only logical one in this anime so far but then she changed her mind. Her initial reaction of why are u in love/dating a devil was spot on. I had no idea that O was a transgender.
Oct 21, 2023 1:52 AM
Jan 2017
i dont like the main character as i think she is kinda silly and codepedent. other than that i like the show.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 12 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 16, 2018

25 by hellokittyluv23 »»
Mar 29, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

140 by Karva1 »»
Mar 9, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

184 by Karva1 »»
Mar 9, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 16, 2018

5 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 17, 2023 4:18 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

26 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 17, 2023 12:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.