Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 11, 2018 8:43 PM
Jan 2018
I mean can't the Fate series do at least a 6th for a sequel or even go for the 1st , 2nd or even a 3rd holy grail war as a prequel?
Why always cover Shiro's story with some changes?
May 11, 2018 8:46 PM

Jul 2014
They're not reboots, though... They're different routes from the visual novels.
May 11, 2018 8:56 PM

Dec 2016
I always thought itd be nice if they covered the first second or third war. Its not like they are adding “reboots” to the fifth though. They are just all of the visual novels. Tbh id be happy to see Heaven’s Feel get an actual anime I can watch (movie still isnt available) or even the first Fate/Stay Night get a remake. As long as ufotable works on it that is.....
May 11, 2018 8:58 PM

Jan 2009
i heard Visual Novels have different alternate stories or routes so they have multiple different endings too so thats the reason
May 11, 2018 9:02 PM

Aug 2017
Every route is the same until Saber find Archer. There, it split in three different versions. The sequel is called 'Fate/hollow ataraxia'.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 11, 2018 9:14 PM
Jul 2016
BlameSaiki said:
They're not reboots, though... They're different routes from the visual novels.

This.

Also, there are a LOT of spin-offs and other entries in the series. Fate/Zero, Fate/Apocrypha, Fate/Kaleid Liner, and Fate/Extra all focus around events other than Shirou Emiya's story. And that's just the anime. In the video games, you have even more variety: Fate/Extella, Fate/Grand Order, Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, Fate/Extra CCC...

Most of the Fate franchise isn't about the Fifth Holy Grail War.
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.
May 11, 2018 9:22 PM

Jul 2016
Well, as some people had said, there are three routes with differents events and endings so it's not a remake. But Fate has different alternatives universes (portrayed in different media such as anime, visuals novel, games, novels, etc.) which aren't settle during the 5th. HGW.

Woodfall said:
Tbh id be happy to see Heaven’s Feel get an actual anime I can watch (movie still isnt available) or even the first Fate/Stay Night get a remake. As long as ufotable works on it that is.....

You sure? the blue-ray was out a couple days ago and today the spanish subbed version was uploaded. I think the movie already must be at some web site...
May 12, 2018 6:53 AM
Oct 2017
they reboot it every time they reboot spiderman
May 12, 2018 6:54 AM

Apr 2016
You can't be serious OP, i don't believe you are.

Not like this.
May 12, 2018 7:10 AM

Feb 2010
How cool would it be to see the 6th grail war and it's all about the MC and his male best friend getting two separate harems?
I probably regret this post by now.
May 12, 2018 7:19 AM

Apr 2018
Why not though? Instead of giving us some spinoffs like apocrypha, why not a 3rd or 6th holy grail war?
May 12, 2018 7:19 AM
Apr 2018
Fate/Kaleid Is the only fate series worth watching
May 12, 2018 7:22 AM
Apr 2018
ecchiharemgeek said:

Shame on you!
Shame, shame, shame...
May 12, 2018 7:28 AM
Jun 2013
I don't think we need every single holy grail war animated, however I definitely think it would interesting to have a two cour season about the first one, how the war and everything came to existence.

If they want to milk the franchise even more, I guess they could make a sixth one. I wouldn't really like it though. I don't like having every single damn route animated either. I feel like the franchise is concluded, and if there's anything that would really still get me invested, it's an animation of the first war.
May 12, 2018 7:29 AM

Oct 2015
ecchiharemgeek said:
Wrong. That would be Fate/Food everything else is literally unwatchable
May 12, 2018 7:37 AM
Apr 2018
Kirua- said:
if there's anything that would really still get me invested, it's an animation of the first war.

Hell yeah, buddy.
The beginning of everything
May 12, 2018 7:50 AM

Dec 2015
Like ppl already have said its a VN.

First thing first, this is a big problem when it comes to ppl that dont know what VN is.
Alot of ppl dont know what is going on in the anime named clannad why everything resets.
Tomoya is collection happines in alot of diffrient universeum and thx to this he can use it and make a wish.

When it comes to Fate serie it based on a alot of diffrient VN = alot of dirrient routes to explore. As i see it each route one girl.
Night Saber.
UBW Rin.
Heavensfeel Sakura.

grisaia is using the harem route.

So no, its not a reboot and not even close.

A anime that got rebooted woud be Fullmetal Alchemist or Hunter x Hunter.

May 12, 2018 8:30 AM

Aug 2014
The story was made from VN, some of the spin off are from LN. The VN one had Multiple route that adapted.
The previous grail war basically just a damn history descriptions.

Since the author himself seems busy with fgo or adapting the anime.

There won't be any kind of fucking sequel in Fate, i really fucking doubt it'll be made.

So any kind of shenanigans related from it likely to be a prequel, spin off or alternate world/same timeline.

That's pretty much it.

And tbh you don't even need to Overlook everything.. literally all of the fate story has conclusion.

Unless you want to dig in fgo that would be different matter..

Fate series isn't the exact story that would have multiple sequel,ridiculousy world building or something like that.
May 12, 2018 8:48 AM

Aug 2016
Oh boy, I can't believe this was even asked, oh boy.

As others have said, Fate/Stay Night was originally a Visual Novel, meaning it had different routes and different stories depending on the choices you made, think of it as a "choose your own adventure" story.

The way F/SN is set up is the 3 alternate routes building upon what each previous route set up. The fate route with saber was mostly just an introduction, setting up the characters and explaining how the Grail wars worked. UBW builds upon that and further develops the characters, particularly Caster, Rin, Shirou and Archer. Heavens Feel is the final route that flips everything on its head and goes into a much darker storyline, as well as giving a lot more backstory on how the grail wars started, and how they work, while focusing more on the masters and the three families, Einzbern, Matou and Tohsaka.

Fate/Zero was written as a prequel to F/SN as a whole, taking all the flashbacks, revelations, and lore that F/SN revealed about the 4th grail war and turning it into its own story. Which is generally why people say not to start with zero as it spoils a lot of the big reveals from each of F/SNs routes.

TLDR - They aren't reboots, they are adaptations of the next story arc buliding on from the last.
May 12, 2018 4:15 PM

Nov 2015
There's only the 2006 Fate/stay night and UBW. What other 'reboots' are you talking about?

Although I agree, with how good Fate/Zero was and how much I loved Fate/Apocrypha (which takes place in an alternate timeline after the 3rd war) I've been wanting to see any adaptation of earlier Holy Grail wars
May 12, 2018 4:31 PM

Aug 2014
Well there's like a bunch of other Fate/ anime that aren't about Shirou my dude, even putting aside the routes thing
like at least 4 off the top of my head
May 12, 2018 4:52 PM

Jul 2017
But.. there is a 6th Holy Grail War in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia.
bitchassdarius said:
they reboot it every time they reboot spiderman
Uhh reboot?
I hope u talking ab this reboot bc F/SN sure as hell is not a reboot

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
May 13, 2018 12:24 AM

Jan 2010
Moved from Anime Discussion

lazypigz said:

Anyways, yeah, multiple routes, multiple possibilities, multiple alternate interpretations, possible multi-dimensional screw ups etc.

Though, it would be interesting to know more about the first three wars. I'm sure they're detailed somewhere in some extraneous material book, but I'm still trying to play catch up to the current adaptations, much less asking for even more to figure out.
May 23, 2018 1:09 AM

Oct 2015
Shocked said:
Moved from Anime Discussion

lazypigz said:

Anyways, yeah, multiple routes, multiple possibilities, multiple alternate interpretations, possible multi-dimensional screw ups etc.

Though, it would be interesting to know more about the first three wars. I'm sure they're detailed somewhere in some extraneous material book, but I'm still trying to play catch up to the current adaptations, much less asking for even more to figure out.

source of that gif?
also nope, nothing about the first 3 wars
it's basically
>nothing happens for the first 2
>something happens that fcks up fate forever in the 3rd grail war

dat is literally it,
fate/ha is sorta about 3rd holy grail war tho :>
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.