Forum Settings
Forums

Shitty opinions that you think anime fans have?

New
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 12, 2018 11:09 PM

Aug 2017
- All girls cast ships yuri gives no f@cks
- All boys cast ships yaoi "filthy fujoshi"
- "It's popular thus it's trash"
- Rating something based on it's fanbase
May 13, 2018 12:04 AM
Feb 2018
Another Burning of Judas like thread.
Good.

*More ecchi makes anime better

*Anime needs more lolis, fujos and others degeneracy's

*Anime needs more harems and ships in general

*Some animes are homophobic, sexist or another SJW buzzword

*You can't view anime objectively

*There is more than eye-candy to moe/cgdct animes

*MAL scores are somewhat reliable

*Braindead moeshit is better than any shitty battle shounen

*Some animes are better dubbed

etc
May 13, 2018 2:18 AM

Mar 2017
I don't really judge anyone, as were all free to like and dislike anything we desire. People opinions and views don't bother me whether I agree or not. What bothers me is when people state in-factual or wrong information, mainly when they tell me I am wrong (when I am not).
My Links

The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
May 13, 2018 2:40 AM
Aug 2016
"Dubs are bad, but I liked FMA:B, Cowboy Bebop, and Ghost Stories dub" 🤔

Double Standards much? 🤔
May 13, 2018 2:48 AM

Oct 2015
That people think bad and generic anime sells

Or that their fav anime, which is arguably slightly less generic(in a relative sense) is 10/10 or that its a dark horse or something
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
May 13, 2018 2:49 AM

Oct 2016
I don't understand why people generalize some genres to the death.
"every ecchi anime is the same trash"
"cgdct is always the same boring fanservice"
May 13, 2018 2:58 AM
Apr 2018
anyone-can-dance said:
"FMA:B is better than the first FMA show because it's faithful to the manga"

"It's not a yaoi show so you can't ship two canonically straight males

That’s right you shouldn’t ship 2 guys in a non Yaoi show
alias08 said:
- All girls cast ships yuri gives no f@cks
- All boys cast ships yaoi "filthy fujoshi"
- [i]"It's popular thus it's trash"[

It is trash
May 13, 2018 3:03 AM
May 2016
That the original Japanese is automatically better than English in EVERY case.

There are dubs out there that are fucking beautiful!
May 13, 2018 3:24 AM

Apr 2016
"Yaoi/Shounen Ai is fucking disgusting and filthy, but I'm gonna fap to Yuri." You're free to watch and like whatever you like, but that's just hypocritical.
"Shipping two male characters in a non-yaoi show is fucking disgusting and you should stop." Yeah, but shipping a hetero couple in a non-romance show is completely fine? Again, hypocrisy. (And I'm not talking about crazy people who shove their ships down other people's throats, but normal people who just enjoy shipping)
"If you like/dislike different things than me, then your taste is shit." People are different and enjoy different things. Don't be a dick about it.
ChroNoiR Episode.0 is the best anime to ever exist

Kanae forever in my heart

May 13, 2018 3:32 AM

Jul 2015
TheEyeOfSa said:
The thought that English dubs could ever be as natural as Japanese dubs. I didn't say that they are worse, just that they will never be as fluid and will always feel robotic.

I fail to see how they could "never be as fluid" when it's EXACTLY the same job. The main difference is that famous japanese seiyuu have the most indecent salary of an anime, while western voice actors are much less considered and paid.

(I never watch dubs either)
May 13, 2018 3:41 AM

May 2017
Thinking that their favourite anime is flawless
May 13, 2018 3:42 AM

Jul 2015
TheEyeOfSa said:
Clebardman said:

I fail to see how they could "never be as fluid" when it's EXACTLY the same job. The main difference is that famous japanese seiyuu have the most indecent salary of an anime, while western voice actors are much less considered and paid.

(I never watch dubs either)
It's due to the fact that in Japan, the animation is usually made AFTER the voice acting is done, so dubs have to fit the animation, while the Japanese literally has everything crafted around their performances.

Ohhh, the mouthflaps are finalized after the dub is done? Interesting, didn't know that. Thx for the info (^%
May 13, 2018 4:06 AM
Jul 2018
"One Piece, Naruto, Dragon Ball etc are among the best anime" mmh no, they're just popular.

"There's nothing wrong with lolis" only anime fans would say such a stupid thing.

"I have a waifu/husbando!" you have a what?

"I'm better than you because I watch anime only in japanese!" mmh k weebo.

"Newer anime are better than older anime! Because I'm young and I generalize! Also, older animation looks bad ANYWAY just because I don't like it. While newer anime are ALL beautiful because they're in HD!!!"
May 13, 2018 4:06 AM

Feb 2017
MHA is one of the best shounen when in reality it's the most standard shounen even with its identity solely being the most shounen story ever
May 13, 2018 4:22 AM

Sep 2017
TheEyeOfSa said:
The thought that English dubs could ever be as natural as Japanese dubs. I didn't say that they are worse, just that they will never be as fluid and will always feel robotic.

DBZ has a much better dub.
I am sure there are more like it.
May 13, 2018 4:28 AM

Oct 2016
people who shit talk on any anime because they don't like it... if you don't like it just don't watch it
May 13, 2018 5:13 AM

Sep 2017
TheEyeOfSa said:
james501 said:
DBZ has a much better dub.
Dub "Let him go, he'll reform."

Sub "Grant me this selfish request, let him live so I can fight him again, even if it puts everyone at risk."

"Ally to good, nightmare to you!"
Meanwhile...

I am talking about the voices.

It is much better hearing Goku actually sound like a grown man instead of an old lady. Plus having his family members have distinct voices instead of being voied by the same aforemntioned woman.
May 13, 2018 5:45 AM

Dec 2017
When popular anime are either praised to high heavens or hated so much that people make several accounts to rate it with 1.
exemple: Kimi no Na wa; Darling in the FranXX; Violet Evergarden, etc.
I hate that their opinion doesn't have an in-between, the only numbers they use in the rating scale is 1 and 10.

And also those people who say "I have literally the best taste in anime, my favorite is the best in the fucking world and your fav anime are the trashiest things ever and u are shit, cringe and have garbage taste" I don't know what's going on in these people's minds and I don't even want to know.
May 13, 2018 6:00 AM

Feb 2017
>give 9/10 to what they mean good anime

>give 8.5/10 because it's underwhelming

Yeah something like that
May 13, 2018 6:30 AM
Apr 2017
james501 said:
It is much better hearing Goku actually sound like a grown man instead of an old lady. Plus having his family members have distinct voices instead of being voied by the same aforemntioned woman.
Nozawa actually does a pretty good job with Goku, though. Captures the goofy, laid-back, country-bumpkin feel to him. Family members sounding similar to their relatives doesn't really seem like a big problem imo.
May 13, 2018 8:20 AM

Dec 2017
TheEyeOfSa said:
Botan-Chan45 said:
"The fans make me hate the series," another petty reason to hate on a show. Also explained by Manaban.
Some people want to watch shows to share in it with others, if the fanbase is bad, then it can put people off, as there may be no one rational enough to talk about it with. I haven't watched Gintama as I know I'll get a comment saying blaa blaa blaa don't drop it blaa blaa blaa it has a slow start blaa blaa blaa, I want to just watch the series, but people being assholes about it makes me not want to be a part of it.
We all know gintama fans are like that fam. "It gets good after 800 episodes," cancerous
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
May 13, 2018 8:24 AM

Oct 2015
"Every show should have fanservice"
Calling people who avoid yaoi homophobic. Only yaoi though, avoiding yuri is the normal thing to do apparently lol lmao.
"Shinji fucking sucks lol we need more unrealistically stoic characters."
May 13, 2018 8:25 AM

Dec 2017
Starlight said:
"One Piece, Naruto, Dragon Ball etc are among the best anime" mmh no, they're just popular.

"There's nothing wrong with lolis" only anime fans would say such a stupid thing.

"I have a waifu/husbando!" you have a what?

"I'm better than you because I watch anime only in japanese!" mmh k weebo.

"Newer anime are better than older anime! Because I'm young and I generalize! Also, older animation looks bad ANYWAY just because I don't like it. While newer anime are ALL beautiful because they're in HD!!!"
There is nothing wrong with lolis though.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
May 13, 2018 10:46 AM

Sep 2017
shonen_fan said:
james501 said:
Nozawa actually does a pretty good job with Goku, though. Captures the goofy, laid-back, country-bumpkin feel to him. Family members sounding similar to their relatives doesn't really seem like a big problem imo.

I think the English voice actor did a good job of that as well.
Goku's female voice alwasy sounded weird to me.

May 13, 2018 12:21 PM

Nov 2017
Hm, can't think of anything really. Then again, I don't get all huffy over different opinions revolving around animated TV/film from an Asian country.

...Okay, anything that has to do with waifu wars is when I tend to get supercilious. But not everyone can have a supreme waifu y'know :-/
May 13, 2018 2:09 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Constantly calling everything generic or fujobait to series you don't like doesn't make it true.
May 13, 2018 2:17 PM
Jul 2018
Anime & Manga is subjective, because it's Japanese art & literature. People don't understand what objectivity means. Objectivity is science and mathematics. In objectivity you cannot use words good, bad,average,etc. Objectivity is facts.
Objective Statement: Matter is made up of atoms.
Subjective Statement: I don't like how matter is made up of atoms.
May 13, 2018 2:28 PM

Jun 2008
People that don't understand that you can ship couples for fun. I've had guys telling me that Zoro and Sanji will never end up together. Of course i know that! I'm not delusional! But i'm still allowed to ship them for fun! Jeez! It doesn't effect anyone else if i ship them or not.
May 13, 2018 2:31 PM

Aug 2017
That fanservice and ecchi isn't always a bad thing.
May 13, 2018 2:32 PM

Jun 2015
The one that annoys me the most is people thinking art-style and animation are the same thing.
:)
May 13, 2018 2:41 PM

Apr 2018
Thinking that the anime they hate is nothing but a piece trash.
May 13, 2018 4:16 PM

Jul 2016
V3rbatim said:
That fanservice and ecchi isn't always a bad thing.

Generally speaking, unpleasant things ruin pleasant things. Ecchi is a pleasant thing. If there's ecchi in a murder scene, the murder is the problem.

Unless it's a fucking hot female assassin. Then the murder is a turn-on.
May 13, 2018 4:30 PM
Jul 2018
I love when the elitists use the word taste. The elitists don’t understand writing or the process of writing.
May 13, 2018 5:38 PM

Nov 2013
That taste is objective. The way people have a stroke and starting screaming at you for not liking their favourite anime makes them living jokes.
May 13, 2018 5:54 PM

Oct 2015
"It's okay! She's a fictional character!" or "It's fine, she's actually 500 years old!"

"If you don’t believe in yourself, no one will do it for you."
May 14, 2018 3:38 AM

Feb 2013
When they think ecchi does any good to anime, a panty shot is ok, but when the girls are almost naked (Kill la Kill) it ruins the anime.
May 14, 2018 4:40 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@Manaban

Creators only put fanservice in to make money

Yes, this is so much bullshit and there's any number of interviews to disprove it

And besides, fanservice doesn't guarantee anything sales wise

Idk why ppl can't just get that some ppl just love random ass and tit shots
May 14, 2018 5:00 AM

Aug 2017
"MANGA IS FOR FUCKING WEEBS!"

ehehe

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
May 14, 2018 5:13 AM

Jun 2016
"The worse the mean-score, the cooler you are"
May 14, 2018 5:20 AM

Apr 2017
KatsutoSaki said:
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 is trash.
Shingeki no Kyojin is just a battle shounen.
KatsutoSaki said:
KatsutoSaki said:
I freaking totally agree with you !!!

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

May 14, 2018 5:22 AM
Dec 2017
No romance=bad anime
and all the other comments
May 14, 2018 5:23 AM

Apr 2018
This anime is the best anime, none can compare. I will vehemently refuse to accept your recommendations because THIS ANIME is just the best. You are an autist and a ninny if you think otherwise.

This goes for most fans, but I'm particularly looking at you, Clannad, Evangelion, and AOT.

May 14, 2018 5:42 AM
Dec 2017
Bfolls said:
If they dont love a show after episode 1, they drop it. Never understood that mentality. So many great shows have a bad first episode (FMAB) or take a while to get going.

Idk, I loved the first episode of FMAB. Not everything I've dropped was dropped after one episode, but generally speaking I love the first episode of all my favourite shows (Eva's another example of a show people say gets good after a few episodes, but... I don't feel that there was really a disconnect between episode 1 and episodes 25/26, in any real way; I'd say the same applies to Madoka).

And, I may be influencing my memories with my current opinions, but most of the shows I've dropped after more episodes, I didn't *really* like the first episode that much; I was just sticking around for the premise, which I hoped would get better, like RahXephon.

anniechrist said:
This anime is the best anime, none can compare. I will vehemently refuse to accept your recommendations because THIS ANIME is just the best. You are an autist and a ninny if you think otherwise.

This goes for most fans, but I'm particularly looking at you, Clannad, Evangelion, and AOT.

I'd... probably describe myself as a huge Eva fan, and consider it the best thing I've ever seen, but I'll happily accept if others don't feel that way. Dismissing it out of hand without seeing it is one thing, but if you watch an episode or two, and you don't like it, that's fine. IMO, Eva is a show that is made to appeal to a very particular type of person (basically someone who can relate to Shinji). If you're not the sort of person who can relate to Shinji, then you're not going to enjoy Evangelion much.

(also I dropped Clannad after 22 eps, and AOT S2 after 8)
cardemondeMay 14, 2018 5:46 AM
May 14, 2018 5:50 AM
Sep 2011
The only major consistent mistake I see from anime fandom is the claim that the aggregate quality of storytelling and character writing in anime is of superior quality. There are admittedly many exceptions, but the typical shonen is roughly comparable to a generic Michael Bay production in terms of writing (i.e. mediocre and full of recycled/fast-food tropes).
May 14, 2018 6:21 AM

Sep 2014
Thinking female characters being hot is objectifying them, and in general being a retard and equating sexualization with objectification.

Calling any and all symbolism pretentious and unnecessary - seen this multiple times about Utena, makes people look like idiots.

Implying that everything has to be properly explained or set in some strict rules, especially talking about fantasy and super powers, but also regarding vague events that are supposed to be that way.
May 14, 2018 6:49 AM

Jan 2015
When people can not distinguish between a personal opinion and objective facts. There's nothing wrong with liking shitty anime, they're made to be likable to the general public. I like some shitty anime too. However, do not enter a discussion about the quality of some anime and say that your favorite anime is the best shit in the world. It's not. Just stop.
And then the other end of the spectrum are the wannabe elitists, who are just as much plebs in reality as the aforementioned group, but they like to stroke their own egos by telling other people what they're allowed or not allowed to like/watch some anime they consider crappy. And if the other person doesn't accept those rules (and most of the time they won't obviously), they are an idiot and cancer. These are the people who give elitists a bad name, making elitists seem like some tyrants or some shit. lmao
Personally I am not an elitist nor a casual watcher. I watch whatever I want, but I like having a critical opinion of it and discussing about it too. I don't see why that's so difficult for other people to do too.
And also people who get offended during discussions (generally, not only relating to anime - but especially relating to anime cause, c'mon man, it's just anime) that are not personal are just complete idiots.

May 14, 2018 7:38 AM
Dec 2013
"Long-running anime aren't worth watching even if they're good".
May 14, 2018 7:40 AM

Jul 2015
"Griffith did nothing wrong".
but there is a character limit so I need to have enough characters written here
May 14, 2018 7:40 AM

Sep 2014
hotlinetohell said:
When people can not distinguish between a personal opinion and objective facts. There's nothing wrong with liking shitty anime, they're made to be likable to the general public. I like some shitty anime too. However, do not enter a discussion about the quality of some anime and say that your favorite anime is the best shit in the world. It's not. Just stop.
And then the other end of the spectrum are the wannabe elitists, who are just as much plebs in reality as the aforementioned group, but they like to stroke their own egos by telling other people what they're allowed or not allowed to like/watch some anime they consider crappy. And if the other person doesn't accept those rules (and most of the time they won't obviously), they are an idiot and cancer. These are the people who give elitists a bad name, making elitists seem like some tyrants or some shit. lmao
Personally I am not an elitist nor a casual watcher. I watch whatever I want, but I like having a critical opinion of it and discussing about it too. I don't see why that's so difficult for other people to do too.
And also people who get offended during discussions (generally, not only relating to anime - but especially relating to anime cause, c'mon man, it's just anime) that are not personal are just complete idiots.

An anime being shitty or good is never an 'objective fact'. Don't even try to imply this because the very notion is idiotic
May 14, 2018 7:55 AM

Jan 2015
Imaishi said:
hotlinetohell said:

An anime being shitty or good is never an 'objective fact'. Don't even try to imply this because the very notion is idiotic

Of course it is. The quality of the story, the quality of the character development, the quality of animation, soundtrack etc. can all be objectively good or bad. For example if animation is inconsistent or characters look all fucked up in some scenes, that would be considered bad animation - because the job itself was poorly done. Also if soundtrack doesn't fit the scenes, that would also be considered bad objectively. If the story is repetitive or stagnating, and if character development is non-existent or then again too sudden (the very famous "from zero to hero" trope), if the pacing is messed us so some episodes are so fast you don't understand what's going on and some are just too slow and irrelevant, if the anime is just cut off without an ending etc etc. Those are all the realistic flaws anime can have and they are objective points to take into consideration when deciding whether an anime is good or not.

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Blackmail netorare hentais are really dumb

Kingdom-ya - Yesterday

13 by Catalano »»
20 seconds ago

» What percentage of anime that you've seen did you pirate? ( 1 2 3 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 13

135 by 25robF »»
3 minutes ago

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

63 by LoveYourEyes »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime Time Capsule

eli_shmeli - 5 hours ago

11 by Horizon248 »»
10 minutes ago

» What anime do you refuse to watch since you have already read the source material?

Kushna - 10 hours ago

18 by Zayvex »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.