Forum Settings
Forums

Do you hate people who have opposite political views from you?

New
May 11, 2018 3:23 PM

Dec 2016
People don't like when someone has different views from them and a lot don't want to explore new ideas or talk with the people of the opposite view to understand their mindset. Most of them think that they are more intelligent because they support a certain political view.

Do you consider yourself superior just because of your beliefs?

Also do you have friends that have opposite political views from you?
한 번만 살지만 제대로 하면 한 번이면 충분해요
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 11, 2018 3:32 PM
Jul 2016
Nah. I love everybody. I may think some people's views are naive, unjust, or downright abhorrent, but I don't hate the people for that. The fact that someone holds beliefs I find vile doesn't change the fact that they're still humans, the same as me.

DrSexy said:
Most of them think that they are more intelligent because they support a certain political view.

Source?

DrSexy said:
Do you consider yourself superior just because of your beliefs?

Uh... No? I consider my beliefs "superior" to theirs in that I think I'm (for the most part) right and they're (for the most part) wrong. However, being right doesn't somehow make me "superior" to them (whatever that's even supposed to mean.)

DrSexy said:
Also do you have friends that have opposite political views from you?

You say "opposite" like political views are a binary choice. That's far from the case. I may disagree with two different people, who in turn disagree with each other.

Regardless, yes, I have friends who have vastly different political views from me, as well as different moral and religious views.
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.
May 11, 2018 3:39 PM
Jul 2018
not at all, I welcome all sorts of interesting conversations. it could be they aren't familiar with things, or going about it via one sided. when hearing both sides it's enlightening, so to speak. but it can get annoying when they are so one sided that they begin using words that aren't helpful in the conversation and can turn things nasty.
May 11, 2018 3:45 PM

Jan 2018
no but when you talk about politics with the opposite beliefs 5/7 of the time turns into an argument and no one really try to be open about it.

「 what comes after the rain? 」
add meanime listmanga list

May 11, 2018 3:47 PM

Apr 2017
i don't have political views so i'm thankfully immune to political arguments
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
May 11, 2018 3:49 PM

Oct 2014
Nah, ppl having Different political views is what makes the World so Interesting.

Chaos is just fun to be a part of :)
May 11, 2018 3:57 PM

Oct 2016
I don't think i'm superior, i just know that what i stand for is right, people are free to be whatever they want to, even dumb.

i̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶O̶P̶

Well, all of my friends share with me at least agree at some degree to my views, but if someone is too different from me i'm afraid i can't be friends with that person because when it comes to politics i like to speak with my mind and people usually feel offended to hear what i think (i've lost several sjw and neocon "friends" due that).

I don't hate people due their political view (nobody in my family shares the same view as mine) but i do hate people that are into a political view due the lack of morality, for example: leftists/sjw/statists that want 'free' stuff from the government ('is someone else gonna pay for that? well, f*ck them, i want this and the government needs to steal your money to give me that'), laws to benefit them, a public job just to parasite the government, are against liberal measures that may favor the country's economy (due hurr durr, we need to protect the national industry and f*ck you again to buy things more expensive), hate free trade and businessmen, etc.

-Elegant-May 11, 2018 4:01 PM
May 11, 2018 4:02 PM

Feb 2016
No I have liked people a lot who are opposite politically and disliked people who think very similiary

Character is what matters to me. Idc a lot about political opinions that much unless it is extremely delusional

But then again very delusional people say a lot about somebody's character
May 11, 2018 4:40 PM

Apr 2013
I don't really take my own political views seriously because I don't really know what they are yet. I've never been a judgemental person and always listen to what others have to say if my interest is piqued. If their views start appearing illogical or based in emotion I just kinda stop paying it mind, since I don't care enough about what others believe in, plus changing someone's mind is no simple task even if I wanted to. I get how others can get worked up over it but it's not for me. I don't need to prove I'm right, or that others are wrong. I've never been fond of politics, less now than before but there'll always be a little part of me that detests it all.
May 11, 2018 4:51 PM

Nov 2013
I don't have enough energy to hate someone over that most of the time, but I could dislike them. It depends on how stupid their views are.
Political views aren't a good measure of intelligence though. They're often a product of chance in their upbringing, and people don't have the motivation to spend a lot of time carefully examining everything.

I can see you

May 11, 2018 4:55 PM
Mar 2018
I don't hate them... I just have a general feeling of intellectual supremacy over them XD
what?
May 11, 2018 4:56 PM

Jun 2017
nah

I disagree with most of my best friends political beliefs but I honestly don't care so I don't say anything, I would rather not discuss politics when I hang out with them, but enjoy our time together

have a nice day
May 11, 2018 5:31 PM

Mar 2008
That depends on what they are opposite on and how strong those views are.
May 11, 2018 5:31 PM

Nov 2017
I'll just say I don't think highly of Trump supporters and I would never befriend one, like, ever lol
May 11, 2018 6:29 PM

Jun 2017
Not unless they're dicks, no. Gotta love your fellow man, no matter what.
May 11, 2018 6:34 PM

Jun 2016
I frankly don't give a flying fuck about what someone else's political viewpoints are because I don't care for politics.
But I would not mind with someone of a different opinion unless what they stand for is morally wrong.
Gift by Mimurona

May 11, 2018 6:35 PM

Jun 2015
I hate people who share my political ideology.

May 11, 2018 6:37 PM

Jan 2009
yes i hate them Alt-Right and much of the conservatives/right politics since they are anti-poor and wants social darwnism (using science for discrimination like ageism, racism, sexism, etc)

but i try to coexist with them as much as possible

and i do not consider my beliefs as superior but just less evil or less wrong
May 11, 2018 6:52 PM

Dec 2016
I hate whomever (((they))) pay me to hate, with extreme prejudice.
May 11, 2018 7:11 PM

Feb 2017
Yes and no. I don't care what your political beliefs are. Or any of your beliefs. But I do think some beliefs are superior to others, and I wouldn't hesitate to judge someone elses beliefs in such a way.

May 11, 2018 7:49 PM
Jul 2016
deg said:
yes i hate them Alt-Right and much of the conservatives/right politics since they are anti-poor and wants social darwnism (using science for discrimination like ageism, racism, sexism, etc)

Oh, good grief. Enough of this bull excrement.

I can't speak for these alt-right fellows, but as someone who is perpetually surrounded by conservatives, I can say definitively that your assertions that much of them are "anti-poor" and favor "social darwnism" [sic] are completely false.

The conservatives I'm acquainted with frequently donate money and goods to the needy out of their own pockets - without the government threatening to put them in jail if they don't. I frequent a cafe that gives free meals to homeless people who ask for them. Friends of mine donate blankets, canned food, clothes, and other supplies to a local homeless rehabilitation project (aimed at helping the homeless to get back on their feet and stop being... well, homeless.)

Mind you, these are people who voted for Donald Trump and aren't ashamed to admit it.

Tell me, sir: what do you do to help the poor (besides campaign to force other people to pay for their needs?) Is your money/material alternative where your mouth is, or is it other people's job to support the poor you claim to care so much about? If it's the former, then I can sort of respect you, even if I think your views are abhorrent. If it's the latter, then you're a hypocrite - I still love you like I love every other human, but you're nonetheless a hypocrite.

And don't give me that "I can't afford it" excuse. Even back when I was making less than $20K a year, I still managed to budget some money to help feed the homeless. Unless you're in dire financial straits, you can find the money - even if it means eating out one less time per month.

For the record, I'm not saying that it's everyone's job to donate toward helping the poor, and I'm not trying to guilt-trip anyone who isn't doing so. I'm only saying that if you have the gall to try to force other people to donate their hard-earned money to help the poor, you'd better actually be doing something for them yourself. Of course, you may already be doing that - unlike someone in this proverbial room, I'm not going to run around claiming to definitively know something about a person I have little personal experience with. If that is the case, then my only beef with you is this ignorant assertion that conservatives are "anti-poor."

As for this "social Darwinism" nonsense you're talking about, the only people I see advancing anything like that are on the internet. And, as we all hopefully know, people on the internet are prone to being disingenuous, absurd, and generally crazy.

This has been Phendrus' Rant of the Evening. We now return to your regularly scheduled programming.
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.
May 11, 2018 7:56 PM

Jan 2009
@Phendrus

the fact that Republican politicians are voted by this people just to kill more social safety nets tells me that right wing politics are anti-poor to begin with

charities can only do little in the bigger picture unlike social safety nets that is nationwide

as for social darwinism just look at the Alt-Right and any other discrimination like sexism and racism, and also majority of Republican politicians are white male (so there is borderline sexism and racism there too)
May 11, 2018 8:09 PM
Jul 2016
deg said:
@Phendrus

the fact that Republican politicians are voted by this people just to kill more social safety nets tells me that right wing politics are anti-poor to begin with

In other words, "if you don't support my solution, you're evil."

deg said:
charities can only do little in the bigger picture unlike social safety nets that is nationwide

"Social safety nets" paid for with other people's money. Should I take it from your lack of comment on the matter that you don't actually do anything to help the poor besides try to take other people's stuff?

deg said:
as for social darwinism just look at the Alt-Right and any other discrimination like sexism and racism,

Again, I can't speak for these "alt-right" people, as I've encountered a grand total of one of them in my day-to-day life. Incidentally, he had a really thick accent - I think he was a German immigrant, or something.

deg said:
and also majority of Republican politicians are white male (so there is borderline sexism and racism there too)

Please tell me you're joking.

May 11, 2018 8:13 PM

Jan 2009
@Phendrus

whether you like it or not, the consistent platform of the republican politicians represents the beliefs of their voters in some or a lot of ways

heck much of the republicans are just white voters for example that is borderline social darwinism again like racism
May 11, 2018 8:20 PM
Jul 2018
Only if they pitfall into bigotry. I mean, i don’t look highly upon people who are blatantly associated with extremist behavior since extremism tends to breed toxicity and anger.
May 11, 2018 8:49 PM
Jul 2016
@deg

Waaait a minute. You're that isekai guy, aren't you?

Now I remember why I stopped trying to debate with you. You ignore any counterarguments to whatever you say and just jump the conversation back to your narrative, making any attempt to argue with you literally impossible.

I won't waste any more time arguing with such a disingenuous individual.

Relevant:

May 11, 2018 9:11 PM

Mar 2018
Nah, when it comes to political stuff in general I don't really have a "certain" view. I always like to look at both sides of the argument.

"Ehehehe.....I did my best!" - Pururut
May 11, 2018 9:23 PM

Sep 2012
no, i hate the people who just don't listen at all to those with opposing views.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

May 11, 2018 9:27 PM

Sep 2012
Lo-Lee-Ta said:
I don't really take my own political views seriously because I don't really know what they are yet. I've never been a judgemental person and always listen to what others have to say if my interest is piqued. If their views start appearing illogical or based in emotion I just kinda stop paying it mind, since I don't care enough about what others believe in, plus changing someone's mind is no simple task even if I wanted to. I get how others can get worked up over it but it's not for me. I don't need to prove I'm right, or that others are wrong. I've never been fond of politics, less now than before but there'll always be a little part of me that detests it all.
i always felt bothered by the fact that young people have to be so invested in politics instead of their lives and youth nowadays.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

May 11, 2018 9:40 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
No, I don't, my best friend is a rightist. Sometimes people with opposite views may help you find flaws in your own ideology of which you may remain ignorant if everyone is agreeing with you unquestioningly.

What I don't like is when you are focused not on being a right/left wing but rather being an anti-right or anti-left and blindly disagreeing with any move the opposition makes without even thinking whether it's a good or bad thing in the long run. In most countries there are a lot of mistakes both parties make and there's obvious corruption going on in both the left and the right wing. It's a duty of the supporters to criticize their own party if it goes against what they believe is right. Decisions should be made based on rational thinking rather than which side offered the idea.
May 11, 2018 10:19 PM

May 2018
No, I respect everyone's beliefs. Sure, some are downright crazy or a headscratcher but I just- I have too many problems that I'm thinking at the same time and I refuse to add politics into the fray haha
May 11, 2018 10:34 PM

Aug 2009
Depends on how far right (or left) the other person leans.

Don't lean full right (or left).

May 11, 2018 10:51 PM

May 2013
No because in politics we hurt each other so all feelings become mutual lol
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
May 11, 2018 10:54 PM

Dec 2017
No, it's good to have your world view challenged.
May 11, 2018 11:03 PM

Apr 2018
Nah, i find it interesting listening to the opinions of other people
"it's a confession of love, after all."

:。・:*:・゚’★,。・:*:・゚’

May 11, 2018 11:13 PM

Apr 2011
Only if they are feminist/sjw, can't stand those and never will.
May 12, 2018 4:23 AM

Apr 2016
No i don't hate people like that, but i pity them.
May 12, 2018 4:25 AM

Jul 2013
I'm fine with people that have different views than myself, if it's on a topic where is room for opinion.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

May 12, 2018 6:08 AM

Aug 2017
I'm not the kind of person who is interested in politics, so it's not common from me to discuss with people about political views. Yes, I have friends who have opposite/different political views from me, the times we talked about that was them showing the good aspects of their opinions. So, I don't hate, though I do prefer to not talk about, since it often leads to hard arguments, and I honestly have no patience to deal with nonsense arguments nowadays.
May 12, 2018 9:07 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

18 by creepylurker »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » In the future there will be battles for love between species from other planets(theory)

Absurdo_N - 25 minutes ago

3 by rohan121 »»
15 minutes ago

» Is it a good idea to stay relatively anonymous online?

DesuMaiden - Apr 20

27 by creepylurker »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - 7 hours ago

13 by Lost_Viking »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » If we eat the mermaid's tail, is it cannibalism or is it fish meat?

Absurdo_N - 2 hours ago

16 by Zarutaku »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.