Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 11, 2018 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nitta taking responsibility :o

Pretty entertaining episode imo. It had comedy, character drama, and the character expressions I had hoped for. Plus, Hina fits right in with her new friends like a family now. I have to admit, the part with Anzu was quite emotional.

I'm glad to see Anzu getting better treatment as someone that's living on her own in the world.

May 11, 2018 5:32 AM

Apr 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Pretty entertaining episode imo. It had comedy, character drama, and the character expressions I had hoped for. Plus, Hina fits right in with her new friends like a family now. I have to admit, the part with Anzu was quite emotional.

I'm glad to see Anzu getting better treatment as someone that's living on her own in the world.

may i know what other chapter they adapted except for chapter 12?

still life: pink roses
May 11, 2018 5:39 AM
Nov 2007
The B part was Chapter 22.
May 11, 2018 5:46 AM
Mar 2018
sunako199 said:
Stark700 said:

may i know what other chapter they adapted except for chapter 12?

sound like 12, 22 and 23
May 11, 2018 6:41 AM

Jan 2012
Nitta's mom and sis certainly are....colorful characters. And good for you best-girl Anzu. Getting a more stable life, while keeping those you knew alive within your heart...sniff.
animefan8800May 11, 2018 7:07 AM
May 11, 2018 7:03 AM

Nov 2016
Hina is a broken robot,lmao.

And damn Nitta,you may be a Yakuza,but aren't you ashamed to lie to your mother ? XD The imagination of his family during the chili shrimp part was hilarious,tho.

Anzu segment gave me all kind of feels again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 11, 2018 7:04 AM

Apr 2016
The part with Nitta's family was funny as hell lol.

I was actually thinking if Anzu will ever leave that hobo group, and here it is.
May 11, 2018 7:10 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode.

The first half was hilarious, Nitta making up those backstories and trying to move his family with all the tear jerking plot twists. Epic. XD
Nitta being moved by Hina trying to cover for his lie was pretty hilarious too.

Was nice to see Nitta state that Hina was his daughter.

I did not expect the second half to be so moving and emotional. T.T

Anzu's such a sweet girl, caring for everyone. :(
Her new guardians are really nice people, real nice advice that her guardian gave her. Anzu and the homeless people will live in each other's hearts forever. :(
That tearful smile at the end. T.T

Wonder what Anzu's life is gonna be like from now, it'd be nice if she went to school with Hina and Hitomi.
May 11, 2018 7:14 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
For the first half, Hina was introduced to the Nitta household, and it was hilarious. :'D

Wasn't ready for the second half with Anzu's story. It was very emotional. So much feels. ;-; She leaves the hobo group but she will never forget them & all the memories she shared with them. And thus begins a new chapter in Anzu's life. The old couple look very kind and they welcomed Anzu with open arms. I hope Anzu will enjoy her new lifestyle in the couples' restaurant. :')
May 11, 2018 7:18 AM

Dec 2016
Nitta's family is very gullible believing what he said about Hina.

They did get one back on him though getting him to make dinner like that.

I thought he would slip up at some point but manage to be saved every time, a little surprised he went down that route after all of that but whatever works I guess.

A weird but lively family Nitta has.

Really sad the homeless people got kicked out of there, they developed a good friendship with Anzu and helped her out a lot.

I am very happy that Anzu now has people looking after her and can live a proper life, she still has the memories of her former friends with her forever and she is still wanting to work hard.
May 11, 2018 7:31 AM

Nov 2016
Nitta's family is so hilarious. The comedy is still spot on with some good face expressions. Hina trying er best to fig in the family was cute. The way of celebration of the family.. drinking, interesting.

Second part was quite emotional with drama. The departure of Anzu's family was sad. That is the reality of life, really hard. The character development of hers was a good point.

I'm glad of her new life, she deserves getting a better condition of life. That smile was beautiful!
May 11, 2018 7:40 AM

Mar 2016
I'm not crying, you are!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 11, 2018 7:43 AM

Apr 2017
first half is really hilarious, hina remains my favorite character. but the other halfs rather drama than comedy, damn that hits the feels. ironic how hina met a new family, and anzu has to say goodbye to her family (though she has a new too), so i think skipping that chapters that hard is just fine, i liked it even more. and we got a new ed!

but i hope studio feel do me a favor and adapt
cus i badly need those (though its impossible)

5/5, as usual

still life: pink roses
May 11, 2018 7:45 AM
Sep 2017
I laughed and cried

2 different stories in one episode glad i found this show
May 11, 2018 7:58 AM

Apr 2017
I don't really remember the last time I cried seeing anime but this was too emotional!
Never thought that a comedy focus show could mix this feelings from laughing to crying in the same episode, that's quite something..
5/5
May 11, 2018 8:28 AM
Mar 2018
the only problem i have of this episode is the fact that the pacing felt too fast
on the manga it feel like anzu've been homeless for like several weeks to months which lead her bond toward the other homeless strong

meanwhile the anime made it seem like anzu only homeless for several days to weeks
May 11, 2018 8:28 AM

Dec 2017
the second half is emotional as fuck damn seeing anzu crying made me sad. how come you can give us 2 emotion in 1 episode good god this is good. that second half alone deserve 10/10. Anzu is one lucky girl to be protected by such a kind homeless people:(, all the best for Anzu and her new life.

the first half is very good too, it’s been so long since i see Nitta talking that much, and also Hina voice still my favorite.

look at this handsome fellow

i thought Nitta’s family is a very normal one, not until all of them freaking drunk!, that some family right there, glad Nitta said that Hina is her daughter though.

i spit my drink at this scene. i never saw a family congratulating their new family member like this
May 11, 2018 8:32 AM
Jun 2017
wtf I didn’t expect so much feels from this anime at the start..
May 11, 2018 8:39 AM
Jan 2013
so many good things about this anime. all comedy show has its awkward scenes, but not many has this much feels
May 11, 2018 8:40 AM

Feb 2017
This episode killed me two times.
First part was way too adorable. Nitta is the best dad of 2018, prove me wrong. What, you can't? Obviously.
Second part of this episode... I was afraid of watching this. Manga alone made me cry a lot. And animated version was even worse, I'm still crying, to be honest. I can't stand seeing Best Girl Anzu sad... But she has home now, everything's going to be okay...
May 11, 2018 8:40 AM

Apr 2015
Liked Anzu's development in this episode
May 11, 2018 8:43 AM

Jul 2010
I'm probably in the minority in this thinking that Anzu gets way too much focus, I'm not familiar with the manga but it's starting to feel like her homeless life gets more focus than Nitta and Hina, definitely Nitta more so than Hina.

This episode didn't have as much LOL moments as the previous ones did so it's probably my least favorite. It was nice seeing Nitta's family but that's about it what I liked.
May 11, 2018 8:46 AM
May 2017
I've cried when i read the chapter, long ago... And i've cried again, and the tears won't stop... damn TT___TT
May 11, 2018 8:48 AM

Jan 2017
who else cried?

im such a softie lol.
May 11, 2018 8:56 AM
Mar 2018
annelora said:
First part was way too adorable. Nitta is the best dad of 2018, prove me wrong. What, you can't? Obviously.
Second part of this episode... I was afraid of watching this. Manga alone made me cry a lot. And animated version was even worse, I'm still crying, to be honest. I can't stand seeing Best Girl Anzu sad... But she has home now, everything's going to be okay...

best dad heh...

open the spoiler at your own risk

May 11, 2018 9:05 AM

Mar 2018
I came here to laugh, not cry!
May 11, 2018 9:06 AM

Apr 2013
This show is so confusing. One second I'm laughing hysterically, the next I'm on the verge of tears.

Protect Anzu. Just please protect Anzu.
May 11, 2018 9:11 AM

Apr 2013
Can't even begin to explain how much I'm enjoying this show. The way this episode went from hilarious to emotional was great

The part where Hina was 'eating' the chili shrimp with bullets flying everywhere absolutely killed me off. Amazing
May 11, 2018 9:12 AM

Mar 2016
man, this episode was basically one-half of Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, one-half of Violet Evergarden, if anyone knows what I meant by that

I don't recall making this kind of order when watching this episode....LOL
May 11, 2018 9:15 AM

Feb 2017
DandyMadao said:
annelora said:

best dad heh...

open the spoiler at your own risk

May 11, 2018 9:19 AM

Jun 2015
Hina meeting Nitta's family for the first time was hilarious. They are quite the lively family. So much feels in the second half. It was sad to see Anzu feel so lonely without the people that taught her many things, but then realized she's not so lonely. She developed a great relationship with them. I hope she has a happy life living with that couple.
May 11, 2018 9:26 AM

Jan 2015
Wtf is with this episode, playing with my emotions like that :(
May 11, 2018 9:30 AM

Jan 2017
Another great episode this week although this time I didn't expect to get an episode with impact as well when watching that second half.
May 11, 2018 9:31 AM

Mar 2016
begija said:

When anime series do stuff like that to the viewers, they're usually pretty damn good
May 11, 2018 9:38 AM
Dec 2016
Cant believe half of thiz series is finished. Only 6 episodes left. *Sob sob*
May 11, 2018 9:48 AM

Jun 2016
6 eps damn, time flies so fast i don't want this to end so quickly ‎(╥﹏╥)

I know what's going to happen but i laughed my ass off all the same through the first part ffs XD

Anyhow Murakawa Rie nailed it on every Anzu scene, especially the crying part, i bet she'll get a lot of recommendation from now on

It was a very good idea to change the ED (judging by the mood) instead of using the first one since that one is more to a heartwarming atmosphere, but this ep ended with a bittersweet (more bitter imo) farewell. The director is indeed clever, worth the credit too.

May 11, 2018 9:51 AM

Jan 2015
Ryuseishun said:
begija said:

When anime series do stuff like that to the viewers, they're usually pretty damn good

I didn't mean it in a bad way actually, I really like the series. It's just too drastic tone shift between halfs of the episode.
May 11, 2018 9:53 AM

Mar 2016
begija said:
Ryuseishun said:

I didn't mean it in a bad way actually, I really like the series. It's just too drastic tone shift between halfs of the episode.

Yea, I know, don't worry about it xD
May 11, 2018 10:04 AM

Jun 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Wonder what Anzu's life is gonna be like from now, it'd be nice if she went to school with Hina and Hitomi.

Anzu-chan DID went to school once and Hina-chan lent her another set of school uniform.

vicexxvMay 11, 2018 10:21 AM
Kitan~!
May 11, 2018 10:06 AM

Aug 2013
What a rollercoaster ride.
Hilarious first half, then second half was just simply tear-jerking.
May 11, 2018 10:12 AM

Feb 2014
Inukanura said:
the second half is emotional as fuck damn seeing anzu crying made me sad. how come you can give us 2 emotion in 1 episode good god this is good. that second half alone deserve 10/10. Anzu is one lucky girl to be protected by such a kind homeless people:(, all the best for Anzu and her new life.

the first half is very good too, it’s been so long since i see Nitta talking that much, and also Hina voice still my favorite.

look at this handsome fellow

i thought Nitta’s family is a very normal one, not until all of them freaking drunk!, that some family right there, glad Nitta said that Hina is her daughter though.

i spit my drink at this scene. i never saw a family congratulating their new family member like this

True that XD
Gotta say this kinda welcoming should be lit!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 11, 2018 10:19 AM

Aug 2012
MUST PROTECC ANZU
May 11, 2018 10:28 AM
Dec 2016
If you told me this show would make me cry after I watched the first episode I would have laughed in your face.
May 11, 2018 10:33 AM

Jul 2014
What a roller coaster of episode, first half is funny and then it plays with my emotion..

ah now i get it why people keep saying Anzu-chan is the best daughter, she should be protected at any cost..!!
May 11, 2018 10:38 AM

Jul 2017
Great episode with a very fun 1st segment and a very bittersweet 2nd segment.

I love Nitta's family. I would love to have a drink with them.
May 11, 2018 10:48 AM

Dec 2017
holy shit this made tear up real good, and that ending. goddamn, wasn't expecting these feels from a comedy show. fucking christ, so beautiful ;_;
May 11, 2018 10:50 AM
Mar 2015
Anzu's section brought tears to my eyes
May 11, 2018 11:08 AM

Dec 2014
finally meeting the family... now that was something nitta taking responsibility... and glad the other girl is not homeless anymore
May 11, 2018 11:12 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The feels hit me hard in the second half, damn.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 11, 2018 11:22 AM

Jan 2018
Best episode so far. The second half was just so emotional.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

41 by Rickiar »»
Yesterday, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RebelPanda - Aug 8, 2018

96 by FarCritical »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Best Gril? ( 1 2 )

Jhon_Bacon - May 16, 2018

64 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 12, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 10 Discussion

37 by FarCritical »»
Apr 11, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 9 Discussion

38 by FarCritical »»
Apr 11, 10:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.