Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 10, 2018 5:36 PM

Jul 2017
FMmatron said:
I wish that I would have your problems.

I don't know why I laughed at this. That got surprisingly dark.

Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
Enduring doesn't mean you're strong.
May 10, 2018 5:49 PM

Dec 2017
I use it my way. 1 or 10 is impossible until I've seen every anime and manga. I use it to it'a fullest as I should. Also subjectivity.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
May 10, 2018 5:58 PM

Mar 2018
The rating's should be revamped so that FMAB has a perfect 10.00 score, because that'd be funny.
lol
May 10, 2018 7:38 PM

Nov 2013
Yes, I agree. The ratings should be turned into vampires again.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
May 11, 2018 4:43 AM

Apr 2015
This will never happen. You're far from the first person to complain about the rating system.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 11, 2018 4:52 AM

Nov 2009
Quality in anime,manga and art are subjective thing.Just move one and get a life instead of worrying suck trivial thing.
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

May 11, 2018 5:00 AM

Dec 2015
Why woud u even care what ppl think.
And with you system the raiting on shows woud go down even more.

If ppl want to run around and go full retard, do 1000miljon account and lower the score on a anime, let them do it. if they got the time for that, i feel damn bad for them.

Score is just a number and nothing we shoud care about.
I made some favorites in a program before if i remeber right it was a formation of 6x8 and i had a bunch of shows in there that i had giving a 5 or a 6.

Its just a damn number and dosent tell if the show is good or not.

May 11, 2018 9:49 AM
Oct 2017
Hakaminah said:
Or maybe like you know... use the full scale?

dcasparov said:
I think there's not a problem at all. But, I would like to suggest there should also be a "Critics" only rating so we can deeply indulge their perspective about having what it takes for to be a decent and good anime in overall quality just like in rotten tomatoes or other sites, audience and critics ratings are separate

MAL is a site that does not promote elitism as you can read in their suggestion board for example.
There are only 2 types of people on MAL, normal users and staff. But even said staff is made out of nothing but normal people.
None of us is an actual critic.
Objectivity doesn't exist anyway.

edit: noticed that you rated Shitgatsu wa Kimi no Uso 10.
Now tell me, you great critic, how is being mentally abused (talking about MC ofc) any nice?

lol? It was never said in the series that it's ok? and it was never the focus of the story instead it was the buildup of the mc's wellbeing and character. Aren't you just too righteous? I'll make it less than 5 when it's promoting abuse but it wasn't so I don't get your point attacking here. And im not being a critique here geez.
May 11, 2018 10:05 AM

Feb 2010
dcasparov said:
Hakaminah said:
Or maybe like you know... use the full scale?

MAL is a site that does not promote elitism as you can read in their suggestion board for example.
There are only 2 types of people on MAL, normal users and staff. But even said staff is made out of nothing but normal people.
None of us is an actual critic.
Objectivity doesn't exist anyway.

edit: noticed that you rated Shitgatsu wa Kimi no Uso 10.
Now tell me, you great critic, how is being mentally abused (talking about MC ofc) any nice?

lol? It was never said in the series that it's ok? and it was never the focus of the story instead it was the buildup of the mc's wellbeing and character. Aren't you just too righteous? I'll make it less than 5 when it's promoting abuse but it wasn't so I don't get your point attacking here. And im not being a critique here geez.

IIRC the message was 'getting bullied when you have mental trauma is bad unless it's a cute blondie doing it, then it's healing.'

Sadly it focused more on the 'it's okay if done by a cute blondie' part than the other part :/
I probably regret this post by now.
May 11, 2018 11:04 AM

Jun 2011
The most effective rating system is a thumb up or a thumbs down
The anime community in a nutshell.
May 11, 2018 1:05 PM

Oct 2017
krillerthekille said:
There is a huge problem on mal.
I personally love mal, an awesome place to both keep track of the shows you have watched, as well as find new and interesting shows, you prop would not have found otherwise.

BUT..
Currently the ratings system is wack.
1-10 is not really utilized as it should.
People typically rate 5-10 and then when they dislike something rate it 1.
That in itself is the problem.
A show can be phenomenal have an averege rating of 9+ but not actually get the spacing it deserves, since we have all the Imature children go "BAKA, if you like it i hate it!" pulling down the show quite a lot.
You can easily go to any in the top 100 and look at the stats to see how there just are a lot of 1 ratings for what ever reason.

SO!

I personally believe a system where the ratings are 1-5 would be Immensely better.
since the avr. of the show wouldn't be pulled as much down between 1-5(4 difference) as in 1-10(9 difference)

Thanks for reading and hopefully considering.
Have a nice day, kriller out!

Wrong.

Go check Crunchyroll and you'd know why it's wrong.

It's actually even worse there with 5 point score.
May 11, 2018 1:05 PM

May 2017
Hmm, I personally don't agree. I feel like the 1-10 rating MAL currently does is just fine.
It does its job right, y'know?
Though, I see where you're coming from with what you're saying with the 1-5 stars.
Though, I feel like the 1-10 ratings give a broader selection, and helps give you a more accurate rating.
Besides, lots of people put in their bios how they rank, anyway!
-*-Catharsis-*-I should probably be doing more responsible things right now.
May 11, 2018 5:02 PM

Mar 2016
The only problem i see with the MAL rating system is how some people don't rate shows on a 1 to 10 ratting system and instead use 6 or 7 to 10, even if they don't like a show they will still give it a 6 or 7. Its crazy that some people have mean scores above 8 and even 9 sometimes, but to each their own i guess ratings don't mean much anyway.
May 11, 2018 11:12 PM
Feb 2018
Your argument may sound compelling but truth is:
Madoka or Ano Hana are worse than Sushi Police believe it or not.
May 11, 2018 11:15 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Thread moved from Anime Discussion.
May 11, 2018 11:47 PM

Jun 2008
krillerthekille said:
NathanaelODV said:
Users on MAL give ratings. They judge and give scores based on their own standards and personal tastes. They can do shit that they want. MAL just gather the data and calculate the average scores given by the users.

MAL scoring system does not need to change, but the users. Nah, its impossible to change other people.

you see my fine sir or madam.
This is the reason no one can take mal serious now days.
The mal community is 75% Trash people, bc they have such opinions.
If you don't care for the community, the rating system, or the people on the platform, then they should just stop commenting.
I hate how so many people go to a shows episode discussions, just to shit on something they don't enjoy.
If you don't enjoy it give it a 5-6, and grow up.
Instead of acting like an entitled little brat.

So in the end you do not care about the accuracy of the rating system but you are just butthurt about negative comments on the shows you like.

Also you are completely out of touch. People who give 1 out of hate for a show don't affect the average score that much because they counter balance the crazy fans that
give 10 from the first episode or the ones who give all shows 9 and 10.
The problem are the people that give to every average show a 7 and to horrible shows a 5 instead of utilizing the whole scale and realizing that average is a 5.
May 12, 2018 3:53 AM
Oct 2017
Pullman said:
dcasparov said:

IIRC the message was 'getting bullied when you have mental trauma is bad unless it's a cute blondie doing it, then it's healing.'

Sadly it focused more on the 'it's okay if done by a cute blondie' part than the other part :/
I think the message here is apart from all the trauma, there's always someone or some part of your life that you'd get to focus on so you can cover your scars and not let your past burden your future. And more like an ass-whopping than bullying. Here in Asia (Im from the philippines btw), several countries have Parents who discipline their children by getting their ass whooped. Well, unfortunately, in the series. It was a bit too much and less rational. That's one sad part tho I have to admit. But it's not going to make the series bad as a whole.
May 12, 2018 8:24 AM

May 2016
Please no, I don't wanna have to remake my whole rating system.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
May 12, 2018 12:02 PM

Nov 2016
Instead of revamping it, maybe we should just accept that people have their own rating systems and won't have the same opinions on shows as others?
Cynder360May 12, 2018 1:32 PM
currently: doing my best!

May 12, 2018 12:30 PM

Mar 2016
Can someone please tell me why people care so much about how others rate anime?
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

May 12, 2018 1:01 PM

Dec 2015
1-5 is used less because a lot of people try to mainly watch good stuff. So people that mainly watch series will drop early ... maybe not even scoring. (Or they score it and it does not count because they have watched less than 1/5 of the episodes.)

Then also: It is harder to differentiate between "a little bit shit", "total bullshit", ... - especially if you don't have that many other shows to compare because you try to avoid bad stuff. And most people don't want to think that much (and analyze) the bad shows. They just want to score it and continue watching better stuff.

I agree: Less options would make it easier. Personally I'd prefer a star system with 1 to 5 stars and half starts (shown visually). Since I'd like to have the full 3 in the middle 11 or 10 options would not be possible. 11 (from 0.5 to 5.0) would put 2.5 in the middle. 10 would be an even number (no real middle option to choose).

Only the full 1 to 5 (without the .5) should have names. Would make it a lot easier. (The 10 different names often lead to confusion for the 1 to 10 atm. Especially the stuff around 5-6 where native English speakers made suggestions cause there are fine different nuances to those words.)
May 12, 2018 3:51 PM

Jul 2017
Luthandorius said:
1-5 is used less because a lot of people try to mainly watch good stuff. So people that mainly watch series will drop early ... maybe not even scoring. (Or they score it and it does not count because they have watched less than 1/5 of the episodes.)

Then also: It is harder to differentiate between "a little bit shit", "total bullshit", ... - especially if you don't have that many other shows to compare because you try to avoid bad stuff. And most people don't want to think that much (and analyze) the bad shows. They just want to score it and continue watching better stuff.

I agree: Less options would make it easier. Personally I'd prefer a star system with 1 to 5 stars and half starts (shown visually). Since I'd like to have the full 3 in the middle 11 or 10 options would not be possible. 11 (from 0.5 to 5.0) would put 2.5 in the middle. 10 would be an even number (no real middle option to choose).

Only the full 1 to 5 (without the .5) should have names. Would make it a lot easier. (The 10 different names often lead to confusion for the 1 to 10 atm. Especially the stuff around 5-6 where native English speakers made suggestions cause there are fine different nuances to those words.)

that makes no sense. rather it's useless imo. giving 1-5 with digits is still a 1-10 rating system, it's all about the number of rating possible and not wether it's millions,10 or 5.

also I'm not a native speaker myself and I'm not even 17 still I have no problems to understand the nuances between those words.
May 12, 2018 8:49 PM

Nov 2011
different people have different ways of rating an anime series, that's life.
i think a 1-10 rating is ok. there's probably a better way, but could be worse.

edit:

The following suggestions have already been posted and rejected:

"Add more digits in the rating (e.g. 7,5 instead of the floored 7)"
Implementing this would require some work. Next to that, most people don't use anything lower than 4. If you want to make your ratings more accurate, balance out the entire list by scoring some series down.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=4555#msg10606127
DreamingBeatsMay 12, 2018 8:56 PM
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
8 hours ago

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.