Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 8, 2018 4:04 PM
Aug 2016
They actually did good in lots of places such as its pacing, music, art, voice actors and the wolf but like the animation is just a total letdown cause I know it could be done in a better way.
May 8, 2018 7:27 PM
Mar 2017
shiroyashaebk said:
They actually did good in lots of places such as its pacing, music, art, voice actors and the wolf but like the animation is just a total letdown cause I know it could be done in a better way.

Give them a break man, I heard it's done on low budget and the studio production is new. They rely on experience animator I heard.
I wish they could find a better CG animator tho. Let's hope they gain bigger budget for next season.
May 13, 2018 4:36 PM

Mar 2013
The anime was already pretty engaging and fun to watch, and the animation isn't even Itou Junji Collection level of bad. You're just spoiled.
May 15, 2018 9:17 PM

Jul 2012
shiroyashaebk said:

Your dream just became reality, wait for the BD release:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-05-15/golden-kamuy-anime-bds-dvds-delayed-by-1-month-each/.131567
May 17, 2018 8:28 AM

May 2009
Danpmss said:
shiroyashaebk said:

Your dream just became reality, wait for the BD release:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-05-15/golden-kamuy-anime-bds-dvds-delayed-by-1-month-each/.131567

Unfortunately CGI bears and Retar will stay.
May 17, 2018 10:40 AM

Dec 2015
SOme people chose to consume it with higher production values rather than just imagine it with: they reada the manga.
May 17, 2018 5:58 PM
Apr 2018
its not that bad, other than the cgi bear, wolf, and flames.
this show is still really entertaining with great characters.
May 18, 2018 8:50 PM
Aug 2016
The wolf and dog are actually sexy to be honest
May 21, 2018 2:45 AM

Feb 2018
Then I probably wouldn't fall asleep while watching this show.
May 21, 2018 3:03 AM
May 2013
they're lucky the stories and characters are so great because the animation is a huge let-down.
May 21, 2018 5:13 AM
Mar 2018
rtil said:
they're lucky the stories and characters are so great because the animation is a huge let-down.

how is good stories and character have anything to do with "getting lucky"?
if getting lucky is all it take to be author then the street would be full with authors
May 21, 2018 5:31 AM
May 2013
DandyMadao said:
rtil said:

if getting lucky is all it take to be author then the street would be full with authors

what are you on about?

my point is the animation studio is lucky the manga is so good that their bad production doesn't take away from the enjoyment of the excellent characters and writing.

of course, it would be better if that weren't the case, but this is what we've got.
May 21, 2018 5:48 AM
Mar 2018
rtil said:
DandyMadao said:

what are you on about?

my point is the animation studio is lucky the manga is so good that their bad production doesn't take away from the enjoyment of the excellent characters and writing.

of course, it would be better if that weren't the case, but this is what we've got.

guess i misunderstood what you write, my bad
May 21, 2018 12:05 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
shiroyashaebk said:

I always ask myself why it is that stories that don't require great animation/art have high production values and an action series like this gets a shitty budget. Imagine Golden Kamuy done with Kyoto Animation production values?

And then the answer gives itself. No one, or very few of us wants to watch a bunch of cool middle aged villains tearing ass through Hokkaido and lots and lots of people want to watch teenage girls looking pretty and crying.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 22, 2018 4:01 AM

Dec 2017
yeah it’s pretty unfortunate, an award winning manga at least deserved a better studio. but for a studio with only 3 titles on their hands is not that bad. i guess.

but then again there’s studio NUT who make an outstanding animation like Youjo Senki as their first title, so i guess the problem is on budget.
May 22, 2018 5:32 AM

Jul 2015
The show already looks totally fine to me, the use of CGI isn't even that unappealing, it could be done better ofc but it's already very enjoyable.
May 23, 2018 7:37 AM

Jun 2013
You are all super spoiled, except the bear the animation looks TOTALLY fine. And the fight scenes are quite engaging.. I dont know what is your problem with it
May 24, 2018 1:46 PM

Mar 2015
For me what important is delivery of scenes and transitions between them. And GK anime staff did a very good job on that. I even think, they should handle this to A-1 or Pierrot, so people would really see a lot worse production (and not only in terms of animation).
Apr 9, 2019 3:54 PM

May 2013
I was expecting to see OP getting bashed but it seems like there is a considerable amount of people agreeing. You people have no idea what you're talking about. Impressive.
Aug 11, 2019 11:01 AM
Aug 2016
Bunsuke said:
Afezeria said:
The anime was already pretty engaging and fun to watch, and the animation isn't even Itou Junji Collection level of bad. You're just spoiled.

god i hate you people
"it's not fucking abysmal so you're spoiled for thinking that it's not good"
just shut up, idiot

Foreal!! Tbh I just want it to be better I like it the way it is
Sep 24, 2019 10:42 PM
Oct 2012
At least the art is mostly good, it's no Dragon Ball Super levels of bad that's for sure
Sep 29, 2019 2:51 PM

Jul 2010
Bunsuke said:
Afezeria said:

god i hate you people
"it's not fucking abysmal so you're spoiled for thinking that it's not good"
just shut up, idiot

You are as pretentious as the anime and manga you like. NGE, FLCL, Oyasumi Punpun... Holy, shit, I could have guessed even without looking at your profile.

Yeah I also hate the Episode 1 minute 16 to 18, where the CGI bear appears. Rest of the show is very good so shut up.
Aug 19, 2020 1:58 PM
Jul 2016
the CGI is bearable at best it's isn't that distarcing.

and it's already have high production values with below than a decent schedule with some good animators so i don't know what are you talking about...
Aug 19, 2020 2:00 PM
Jul 2016
comedylover said:
shiroyashaebk said:

Give them a break man, I heard it's done on low budget and the studio production is new. They rely on experience animator I heard.
I wish they could find a better CG animator tho. Let's hope they gain bigger budget for next season.

it wasn't a budget problem actually and the CGI animator did his best even if he wasn't skillful enough.
Aug 28, 2020 1:41 PM
Feb 2020
The fans of Kingdom would like a word with you.

(Also, after a while I found the animation of the bears endearing. )

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2018

91 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2018

292 by Nilton_Junio »»
Apr 13, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

41 by elviskocho1023 »»
Mar 24, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

24 by Karva1 »»
Mar 16, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

17 by Karva1 »»
Mar 16, 3:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.