Forum Settings
Forums

Do you watch anime for enjoyment or just for the sake of watching it?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 8, 2018 11:41 AM
Aug 2016
Oh yeah, a thread about low mean scores. I love those!

Contable said:

And some people are gonna say "I dont like to drop anime" but I think torturing yourself and wasting time on what you dont like is pointless and stupid.

I guess that the concept of being a completionist is pointless and stupid to you as well. Alright mate.
AsltMay 8, 2018 11:44 AM
May 8, 2018 12:00 PM

Feb 2018
Sometimes you watch a long series and enjoy it a lot, just to realize that the end it completely fucked up.
May 8, 2018 12:05 PM

Feb 2010
Look, we all hope for enjoyment when we watch stuff. That much is common sense. If you think there are people who don't care about that and just watch for the sake of it, you must thing really badly of other people because that wouldn't just be sad, it would be stupid. If you just want to have a big list, you can add stuff without watching it. That's what you'd do if you really didn't care about what you watch.

As always it feels like a lot of people, like OP, are too focused on the scores people give. I can give a show I decently enjoyed a 6 or a 9 and the only thing that changes is how people perceive me and my experience of that show. My enjoyment stays the same, only the image others have of me changes. Rating stuff higher can project the impression that you love everything so much more than someone who uses lower scores. Even when in reality you both got the same amount of enjoyment out of it.

So I just feel like some people feel compelled to rate everything highly because otherwise they feel like they wasted their time, and they are often just kinda tricking themselves into thinking they enjoyed something more than they actually did by giving it a higher score. A kind of reverse self-fulfilling prophecy. "I'd never watch something I only see as a 5/10 because that's a waste of time" turns into "I can't give anything I watched a 5/10 because that's like admitting I wasted my time on it".

They want to be perceived as only watching stuff that is fantastic, as never having wasted any time on anything that wasn't as great as they expected because in their logic it'd be pathetic to spend any amount of time on anything less than greatness so they just expand what falls under 'greatness' so it also includes more mediocre stuff (which everybody ends up watching to some degree) while still leaving their worldview intact.

And this kind of questioning/looking down upon people with lower mean scores is just part of this story they're telling themselves about themselves. Of course, once you decided that a 5/10 or 6/10 is a waste of time, and made sure you never give anything you finish those scores because that'd be admitting you wasted your time, you have to openly question the people who do hand out 5s and 6s and even worse scores frequently. In the worldview you decided to have, all of those shows are a waste of time and if for those other people so many anime are a waste of time, why are they even still watching anime? Must be just for the sake of it.
"Man, I'm glad I enjoy everything I watch because otherwise I'd look like a fool like those people with low mean scores. What a bunch of weirdos."

But if you could look into their soul, they most likely didn't enjoy a lot of their 8s and 9s as much as I (or others with low-ish mean scores) enjoyed a lot of my 6s and 7s, but because they choose to rate everything higher the average MAL guy will think 'wow, this person must love anime so much more than Pullman with his 5.xx average score'. So yeah, it's all about having that image of loving anime sooooo much more than others, until you believe it yourself.

In reality noone can look inside people and compare their enjoyment tho. Scores are what people choose to represent their enjoyment to outsiders, and to themselves, so scores says more about how someone wants to be seen or what their reasons for rating are than it does about their actual enjoyment/appreciation of a show.

People with high mean scores usually just want to be the kind of person who likes everything and never spends any time on anything that is less than great, and they want everyone to see them like that including themselves. The idea of spending time on anything less than greatness is pathetic to them, so they made sure they never think of anything they watch as less than great, which psychologically solves the problem forever.

People with lower mean scores tend to not really care how other people see them, they just like using the whole rating scale from 1-10 because they rate for themselves, to differentiate between different levels of quality and enjoyment, and the more options to differentiate you have the more useful your list will be for future references when you're picking out recs for someone or consider what show you want to rewatch or just want to make a personal toplist or whatever.

The funniest thing about this whole topic (and yes, this is like the 1000th thread about this exact topic I've seen in my MAL time) is how the people who think that people with low-ish mean scores must not enjoy anime and should probably quit the medium, never look at any other factors to jump to conclusions about how passionate someone is about anime, how much of a fan they are.

Do you really think that someone who watched thousands of anime, spent hundreds of days on it, is likely to like anime less than some guy who got into it a year ago and has seen less than 100 shows just because the latter has a higher average score? If you ask me, how long someone has been into anime, how much they still watch after all those years and stuff like that is a much more trustworthy indicator of truly loving anime than having a high mean score. The latter is easy, you just pick some numbers that make it seem like you love everything you watch and it's done. But to still be as passionate and active in the anime fandom after 10 or 15 or 20 years, that's not as easy. That's only the case if you truly love this medium.

I'm saying this because in my experience a lot of the people with low mean scores that people call out in this sort of thread are people with huge lists and a long, long history with the medium. And it's ridiculous to question whether someone like that really likes anime just because they have a low mean score.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 8, 2018 12:15 PM

May 2009
Well I guess it's this thread topic again.

Contable said:
I look at some peoples profiles and their mean score is like 5 or 4 and then I look at their list and see a bunch of anime rated super low... but what i dont get is that they complete those anime even though they dont seem to enjoy it. Why???
Is it just that you rate anime weirdly? You want the rating to lower so you put it as if you watched it?(because for your rating to count i think you have to watch at least 1/5 of the anime) Or is it just for saying "yeah I watched it."
And some people are gonna say "I dont like to drop anime" but I think torturing yourself and wasting time on what you dont like is pointless and stupid.
I personally watch for enjoyment, but I also tend to finish what I watch, and my score is how much I enjoyed it. Obviously, I want to enjoy what I watch, but sometimes it doesn't work out right. And for that matter, sometimes my opinion changes over time, after I've finished watching it. Now if I end up feeling very irritated at a show, I'll gladly drop it, but sometimes a show may be pleasant and/or interesting enough for me to keep watching it, but then not have a convincing resolution or otherwise good "payout" at the end, so afterwards I feel meh about the journey overall.

As for other people, some people base their ratings on something other than how much they enjoyed the work. Sometimes they call it an "objective" rating or (as someone else put it, "technically good"), or they say that certain shows are ones they enjoyed but that they also think are poorly written, or they may call certain shows "guilty pleasures" or "so bad it's good", etc..

Contable said:
KariudoPL said:
To know what make a good show a good show you first must watch something that is bad, also 5 is not a bad score as mal says it's average so keeping your mean score around 5 is normal.

When it comes to enjoyment, there's nothing I enjoy more than watching good anime after I completed one that was horrible.

What mal says doesnt matter. Its not set. But for most people i know 7 is average
I think people confuse "average" meaning mediocre vs. "average" meaning "take the sum and divide by the number of things you added up".

It's rather clear that both meanings are used informally.
GlennMagusHarveyMay 8, 2018 12:18 PM
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
May 8, 2018 12:16 PM

Jan 2018
Aslt said:

I guess that the concept of being a completionist is pointless and stupid to you as well. Alright mate.

Well, were talking about anime here... if you dont enjoy it that much isnt it better to drop it? unless you have OCD or something. My point is why watch something you dont enjoy just for the purpose of "completeing it"
May 8, 2018 12:16 PM

Jan 2018
DeadOpossum said:
Sometimes you watch a long series and enjoy it a lot, just to realize that the end it completely fucked up.

ok yeah i get that. thats reasonable
May 8, 2018 12:18 PM

Jan 2018
Pullman said:
Look, we all hope for enjoyment when we watch stuff. That much is common sense. If you think there are people who don't care about that and just watch for the sake of it, you must thing really badly of other people because that wouldn't just be sad, it would be stupid. If you just want to have a big list, you can add stuff without watching it. That's what you'd do if you really didn't care about what you watch.

As always it feels like a lot of people, like OP, are too focused on the scores people give. I can give a show I decently enjoyed a 6 or a 9 and the only thing that changes is how people perceive me and my experience of that show. My enjoyment stays the same, only the image others have of me changes. Rating stuff higher can project the impression that you love everything so much more than someone who uses lower scores. Even when in reality you both got the same amount of enjoyment out of it.

So I just feel like some people feel compelled to rate everything highly because otherwise they feel like they wasted their time, and they are often just kinda tricking themselves into thinking they enjoyed something more than they actually did by giving it a higher score. A kind of reverse self-fulfilling prophecy. "I'd never watch something I only see as a 5/10 because that's a waste of time" turns into "I can't give anything I watched a 5/10 because that's like admitting I wasted my time on it".

They want to be perceived as only watching stuff that is fantastic, as never having wasted any time on anything that wasn't as great as they expected because in their logic it'd be pathetic to spend any amount of time on anything less than greatness so they just expand what falls under 'greatness' so it also includes more mediocre stuff (which everybody ends up watching to some degree) while still leaving their worldview intact.

And this kind of questioning/looking down upon people with lower mean scores is just part of this story they're telling themselves about themselves. Of course, once you decided that a 5/10 or 6/10 is a waste of time, and made sure you never give anything you finish those scores because that'd be admitting you wasted your time, you have to openly question the people who do hand out 5s and 6s and even worse scores frequently. In the worldview you decided to have, all of those shows are a waste of time and if for those other people so many anime are a waste of time, why are they even still watching anime? Must be just for the sake of it.
"Man, I'm glad I enjoy everything I watch because otherwise I'd look like a fool like those people with low mean scores. What a bunch of weirdos."

But if you could look into their soul, they most likely didn't enjoy a lot of their 8s and 9s as much as I (or others with low-ish mean scores) enjoyed a lot of my 6s and 7s, but because they choose to rate everything higher the average MAL guy will think 'wow, this person must love anime so much more than Pullman with his 5.xx average score'. So yeah, it's all about having that image of loving anime sooooo much more than others, until you believe it yourself.

In reality noone can look inside people and compare their enjoyment tho. Scores are what people choose to represent their enjoyment to outsiders, and to themselves, so scores says more about how someone wants to be seen or what their reasons for rating are than it does about their actual enjoyment/appreciation of a show.

People with high mean scores usually just want to be the kind of person who likes everything and never spends any time on anything that is less than great, and they want everyone to see them like that including themselves. The idea of spending time on anything less than greatness is pathetic to them, so they made sure they never think of anything they watch as less than great, which psychologically solves the problem forever.

People with lower mean scores tend to not really care how other people see them, they just like using the whole rating scale from 1-10 because they rate for themselves, to differentiate between different levels of quality and enjoyment, and the more options to differentiate you have the more useful your list will be for future references when you're picking out recs for someone or consider what show you want to rewatch or just want to make a personal toplist or whatever.

The funniest thing about this whole topic (and yes, this is like the 1000th thread about this exact topic I've seen in my MAL time) is how the people who think that people with low-ish mean scores must not enjoy anime and should probably quit the medium, never look at any other factors to jump to conclusions about how passionate someone is about anime, how much of a fan they are.

Do you really think that someone who watched thousands of anime, spent hundreds of days on it, is likely to like anime less than some guy who got into it a year ago and has seen less than 100 shows just because the latter has a higher average score? If you ask me, how long someone has been into anime, how much they still watch after all those years and stuff like that is a much more trustworthy indicator of truly loving anime than having a high mean score. The latter is easy, you just pick some numbers that make it seem like you love everything you watch and it's done. But to still be as passionate and active in the anime fandom after 10 or 15 or 20 years, that's not as easy. That's only the case if you truly love this medium.

I'm saying this because in my experience a lot of the people with low mean scores that people call out in this sort of thread are people with huge lists and a long, long history with the medium. And it's ridiculous to question whether someone like that really likes anime just because they have a low mean score.

Ill be using this for my LA test. Thanks
May 8, 2018 12:33 PM
Jul 2017
Both. I feel more entertained watching anime and reading manga than watching regular TV shows and reading comics.
May 8, 2018 12:51 PM

Dec 2016
Also it must be clear that:

Not enjoying something (for whatever reasons) =/= not being interested in that something.

It's clearly not the same. U should only drop something when you lose the interest on it, not necessarily when you are not enjoying it.

I myself for example didn't enjoy very much Dragon Ball Super through it's entire 131 eps run...but since it was the sequel of one of my favorite anime well....it is pretty understandable that the interest in knowing how the story progressed was always there (as well as the hopes for it getting better), so I never dropped it despite deriving few enjoyment from it. There are many other cases as expected.
May 8, 2018 12:54 PM
Dec 2013
Some people might watch anime for the experience rather than enjoyment.
May 8, 2018 1:57 PM

Feb 2012
It's a bit of both. I have zero interest in watching anything else, but at the same time it doesn't give me the high it used to. I don't expect this to change either, so I just watch less and try to pick stuff I think I can finish.

As for ratings, I might just not rate things at all even if I greatly enjoy it, because some things are outside the common reasoning behind the system. I'm currently planning to watch an OVA ep related to a series I did not watch for even a second, because it's actually a game OVA that is a part of a game I played despite how it might appear on MAL. I expect to enjoy it, but it likely won' be seeing a rating from me.

I guess what I meant to say is that, there are ways to enjoy anime that involve things that are not anime. A purist would hate doing that, but in the end it's people like that who are "holding it wrong" while I'm enjoying my pointless OVA ep just fine.
May 8, 2018 2:06 PM
Apr 2017
i started out with the greats
like digimon, dragonball, code geass, death note, fate zero, fmab
and was blown away, entertained and thought this shit is legit
but then i came across some that didnt live up to what i hoped
and now im basically getting disappointed
its here and there with this question
May 8, 2018 2:15 PM

Jun 2017
The real question is why people in MAL don't use the 1-10 scale goodly enough?!
But the reason I completed something and rate it a low score is the show was popular and I should watch it anyway (I don't do this anymore) or maybe it's too short that completing it don't suffer me...
btw I enjoyed an anime that I rated 4 or more
May 8, 2018 3:17 PM
Jul 2018
Do you watch anime for enjoyment or just for the sake of watching it?

I watch anime for the enjoyment I get out of doing so, since I don't wish to do something that is a fun hobby/pastime/et cetera just for the "sake of it", y'know?

That being said, I would probably get quite bored quickly if I did the latter instead of the former, so...
May 8, 2018 3:24 PM

Feb 2016
I just knew it would be a thread about someone making assumptions out of it's own ass

Contable said:
7 is average

it's not
llorandoMay 8, 2018 3:28 PM
May 8, 2018 3:27 PM

Mar 2018
For the sake of MAL, I try to finish every anime that are in my "planned" list.

I do prioritize anime that interest me the most, but every so often I watch something that I have no particular passion for, sometimes it turns out gud, sometimes it might differ.

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ YOᑌ.... ᑕOᑌᒪᗪ IT ᗷE TᕼᗩT YOᑌ'ᖇE ᒍᑌᔕT ᗩᑎ IᗪIOT?
~ Araragi Senpai

* .    *
.      ˚    *   ·
.  ✦             ✫ ·
.    ✢    °         ✧    .       
May 8, 2018 5:46 PM

Jan 2018
YayaChibi said:
I watch it just to get an automatic right to shit on it

Finally someones honest. This is probably how most people feel
May 8, 2018 5:47 PM

Jan 2018
I'm just asking. Nothing wrong with that is there?

greymood said:
I just knew it would be a thread about someone making assumptions out of it's own ass

Contable said:
7 is average

it's not

:)
May 8, 2018 6:03 PM

Apr 2014
enjoyment. i dont talk to people about anime much so its not like i have anything to prove or show off to anybody with just mindlessly watching anime
May 8, 2018 6:43 PM

Oct 2017
I just watch anime for entertainment. I am not someone who looks for some deep meaning in what I watch, and I usually try not to get in a fight over anime either.
I like to live every day like it's my last.....and by that, I mean lying in a puddle of my own urine, calling for the nurse to bring me more pudding.
May 8, 2018 7:33 PM

Dec 2017
Pullman said:

Just put no the next time man. We don't need thesis papers.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
May 8, 2018 7:49 PM

Dec 2017
5 doesn't mean it's bad, but means it's average and mediocre. Now a lot of these users who do have a mean 5 mostly do it for reviews or shit and don't factor in enjoyment well. I rate on enjoyment and rarely on other stuff unless it really one of those shows or manga like Berserk or BnHA that people overhype.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
May 8, 2018 8:16 PM

Dec 2008
I most definitely watch anime for enjoyment and to be entertained. If not for those reasons, then what and why?
Life Is Short But Intense.
May 8, 2018 8:28 PM

Nov 2011
Maybe they rate everything they like as a 4 and up, and everything they dislike as a 3 and down. Maybe ask them.

I rate everything I like a 6 and up, and everything I dislike a 4 and down. A 5 is for mixed bags and really "meh" stuff.

Also, more people should be reading Pullman's post, but I get the feeling that the people who need to read it the most are the most likely to completely skip or skim over it because it's "too long" and it would mess up their approach to this topic too much.
May 8, 2018 8:32 PM

Aug 2013
When I started watching Anime I mainly watched for just enjoyment. As I started reviewing Anime I began to watch it for Enjoyment as always and then that extra layer of really taking everything from the Anime into account for a review. I have friends who have "watched" a lot of Anime but when questioned can never back anything up but saying "yeah that Anime had no action blah blah blah" people just consume Anime differently at the end of the day, some better then others.
May 8, 2018 8:45 PM

Oct 2017
For the most part I'll see an Anime through to the end, even if it is bad. But there is no point in watching Anime just so you can have more entries on your list, what's that gonna do, impress strangers on the Internet? The only thing your losing is precious time, you could have spent that doing something else.
May 8, 2018 9:11 PM

Feb 2016
@Contable Nah, you're just assuming that your logic is common sense and is trying to force it on others. Not surprised tho since you're not the first nor will be the last one here to make this
May 8, 2018 9:35 PM

Mar 2018
I watch anime to fill the void in my soul
吃屁股
May 8, 2018 9:51 PM

Jan 2018
kirokito said:
When I started watching Anime I mainly watched for just enjoyment. As I started reviewing Anime I began to watch it for Enjoyment as always and then that extra layer of really taking everything from the Anime into account for a review. I have friends who have "watched" a lot of Anime but when questioned can never back anything up but saying "yeah that Anime had no action blah blah blah" people just consume Anime differently at the end of the day, some better then others.

How the fuck do you consume anime better than someone else. "Yeah i watch anime better than you" what the fuck?
May 8, 2018 9:52 PM

Jan 2018
greymood said:
@Contable Nah, you're just assuming that your logic is common sense and is trying to force it on others. Not surprised tho since you're not the first nor will be the last one here to make this

What am i forcing pls explain. I am the one thats asking the question here.
May 8, 2018 9:53 PM

Jan 2018
Oriionx said:
I watch anime to fill the void in my soul

Thats what i do too. It keeps me away from reality
May 8, 2018 10:35 PM

Aug 2013
Contable said:
kirokito said:

How the fuck do you consume anime better than someone else. "Yeah i watch anime better than you" what the fuck?

The post literally explains my reasoning lol. Some people consume Anime for the entertainment while others consume Anime for the Entertainment and everything else. There are people who literally watch Anime just to have said they have seen it and not know nothing lol so of course those people don't really consume it as well.
May 9, 2018 2:38 AM
Apr 2018
tbh kinda both. mostly for enjoyment though
May 9, 2018 2:41 AM

Apr 2011
I watch anime for enjoyment but when I finish a great anime I end up making a mistake of fumbling for another great anime to watch.

Then next thing I know I finished 100 bad animes.
May 9, 2018 3:17 AM

Jul 2015
I watch anime purely for enjoyment and my rating depends on the range of emotions I felt while watching the series and how good the storyline is.

It's better this way.
A little lonelier,
but better.

delivery x last.fm
May 9, 2018 3:23 AM

Apr 2018
I watch for enjoyment. But sometimes I try something that I don't usually enjoy based on some aspects (ex. art style, char design, genre etc). I hardly find any that I try to enjoy enjoying tho.

If it's about score, some people use 5 as average of what they've watched. Not because the show get 50% of it done well.

Either what people use, I don't care tbh.
_Mataga_May 9, 2018 3:28 AM
May 9, 2018 3:48 AM

Aug 2015
Just watched the newest Darling in the Franxx episode. I haven't liked the series since the start and I don't even know why I am watching it anymore. Maybe I'm watching it just for the sake of watching the hype show of the season?

Anime is shit, and so am I.

Also about the scores, 5 should be the average, not 7 like most people in this site seem to think. 5 can still be enjoyable, 6 is downright a positive score.
May 9, 2018 3:54 AM

May 2017
Why wouldn't i finish them?
Well,i've watched many i didn't enjoy.
I drop only something that i want to check on
later in the right moment.

I dont see nothing wrong in that,and i
wouldn't call it a waste of time either,at least out of
the respect for people that suffer making that anime happen
(they lost even more time on dat).
I prefer to think i get more from cringe than from enjoyment
May 9, 2018 5:11 AM

Sep 2014
a mix honestly, some seasonals or sequels I watch just because I liked the originals or because its the hot shit of the season. I will drop stuff I dont enjoy atleast a bit though
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 9, 2018 7:52 AM

Feb 2015
Contable said:
Aslt said:

Well, were talking about anime here... if you dont enjoy it that much isnt it better to drop it? unless you have OCD or something. My point is why watch something you dont enjoy just for the purpose of "completeing it"

Can't speak for others but I like to shit-talk on bad anime far more than talking about the good stuff in good anime which may be also reason why I sometimes remember worse anime better than the ones I found nice.
I also have a goal I want to achieve which is having 50+% of all anime on database completed. It will most likely take me few years and require a lot of binging and so far I've been downloading anime I can watch for it since it's easier to binge downloaded than streamed anime. Many of them will prob be shit to me but I just can't simply drop them.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
May 9, 2018 8:03 AM

Feb 2015
Contable said:
kirokito said:

That was an example of elitist behavior and instead of asking that guy questions, you're supposed to ignore him.

If both people are watching one anime completely and both enjoyed it (or not), it doesn't matter if one was watching it just to have good time, get that +1 number on his completed list / whatever else & if he'll forget it later or if the second was watching it to find some deeper meaning behind everything.
They're both the same.

The only "bad" way of watching anime I can think of would be skipping new scenes / episodes / whole arcs.

May 9, 2018 9:38 AM

Jul 2017
Stiff99 said:
I have watched Dragon Ball Super just because a lot of my friends and cousins were watching it so it was just a conversation topic , otherwise I would've dropped it

same it was umbelivably trash, a friends of mine likes it too, and I think nothing's wrong with that, but I still hated it.
May 9, 2018 9:46 AM

Jul 2017
Pullman said:

that was a very well illustrated my point my friend.
mind if I copy paste this and(maybe) use it later because it pretty much represents how I'm felling about this topic and I honestly don't think I could explain better than this ,for different reasons one being english is not my first langague (I mean copy paste the whole [quote] and shit people will see it's a quote and not me).
May 9, 2018 9:48 AM

Feb 2010
Zehennagel said:
Pullman said:

mind if I copy paste this and(maybe) use it later because it pretty much represents how I'm felling about this topic and I honestly don't think I could explain better than this ,for different reasons one being english is not my first langague (I mean copy paste the whole quote and shit people will see it's a quote and not me).

Sure, feel free. I'm happy if anyone reads my walls of texts, nevermind finding them useful.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 9, 2018 10:12 AM

Jul 2017
Pullman said:
Zehennagel said:

mind if I copy paste this and(maybe) use it later because it pretty much represents how I'm felling about this topic and I honestly don't think I could explain better than this ,for different reasons one being english is not my first langague (I mean copy paste the whole quote and shit people will see it's a quote and not me).

Sure, feel free. I'm happy if anyone reads my walls of texts, nevermind finding them useful.

yea I fell like nobody read it so I wanted to say it to you. writing this much isn't useless!
May 9, 2018 10:17 AM

Feb 2015
Zehennagel said:
yea I fell like nobody read it so I wanted to say it to you. writing this much isn't useless!

I like to read long stuff too since most of the time it comes from someone who know his shit but this time I don't really agree with it.

For example, my brother rates majority anime with 10.

If he doesn't like something, he'll rate it low. So what's the reason then for such a amount of high rated anime?
He's someone who is really easy to please and has very little to no standards.
Last thing he probably cares about is what people think of his list.

May 9, 2018 10:25 AM

Jul 2017
Hakaminah said:
Zehennagel said:

I like to read long stuff too since most of the time it comes from someone who know his shit but this time I don't really agree with it.

For example, my brother rates majority anime with 10.

If he doesn't like something, he'll rate it low. So what's the reason then for such a amount of high rated anime?
He's someone who is really easy to please and has very little to no standards.
Last thing he probably cares about is what people think of his list.

yep I agree with tthat too your list is whatever the fuck you want it to be. but the topic was about others people and what people may think of others who rate low. people with 9.8 average score are fine, just like people with 3.8 as long as they don't bothers other people.

Hakaminah said:

that doesn't mean he doesn't "know his shit" I think he had time to build his opinion(so did I I just don't know how to phrase it well but I'm getting better and I think I can say what I think without problems more and more as time passes) opinion just differs

also a 10 for me is absolute favourite ever above all I've watched, its meaning differs for people as well
May 9, 2018 10:29 AM

Dec 2016
Zehennagel said:
Stiff99 said:
I have watched Dragon Ball Super just because a lot of my friends and cousins were watching it so it was just a conversation topic , otherwise I would've dropped it

same it was umbelivably trash, a friends of mine likes it too, and I think nothing's wrong with that, but I still hated it.

Yeah man , pop culture is majorly trash but I still consume it to some degree just to have an opinion on it just for the sake for small talk
Women of my dreams I don't sleep so I can't find her

May 9, 2018 10:37 AM

Jul 2017
Both tbh also it depends on the season sometimes i want to watch anime because of all the hype and sometimes i watch it because i love anime
May 9, 2018 10:49 AM

Jul 2017
Stiff99 said:
Zehennagel said:

Yeah man , pop culture is majorly trash but I still consume it to some degree just to have an opinion on it just for the sake for small talk

tbh I only watched it because it was week to week and I enjoyed it.
at first.
when I started watching it weekly, slowly but surely(after 30 eps) I was ALWAIS fucking ALWAIS disapointed.
and I only realised that after 120 fking episodes.
when I realised it, I gave it a 2 instead of 5.
a strong 2 :P
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

14 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
3 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

43 by EastIndiaCompany »»
4 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

62 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
11 minutes ago

» Is it weird that I wish strong female characters would get sad ending?

Sanjay63773 - 15 minutes ago

0 by Sanjay63773 »»
15 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

105 by Piromysl »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.