Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 8, 2018 9:54 AM

Nov 2016
Loved the part when they played unravel.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 8, 2018 9:55 AM

Mar 2014
It was very fitting and emotional to use unravel there at the end.
May 8, 2018 9:56 AM

Jul 2017
This episode was fine. I really loved when they played "Unravel" in this episode but it should've had a more epic feel so that's disappointing.

The fights honestly are becoming more shounen than seinen and it's getting ridiculous. I felt the same way in the manga too.

Overall, it was a noteworthy episode but not everything clicked with me.
May 8, 2018 9:59 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Haise sure got pummelled by his opponent though. Nutcracker though sure was formidable. Urie sure looked crazy when he was unleashed. Hmm Ginshi's analysis plus the teamwork between the three sure managed to turn the fight against nutcracker. The madam sure got her just fate though. To think that Haise will be saved by Hinami though. Kinda sad that Haise doesn't remember her. Looks like the arc's entering its last stages with Haise's battle being the last part. It was nice that we finally got to see Saiko's power though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2018 10:00 AM

Aug 2016
Animation looked way better for the most part (well there was quite some room for improvement in the last couple of episodes), not sure how I feel about them playing unravel there I think that was a bit early...

Overall a decent episode, this show is a mess so I take everything positive I can.
May 8, 2018 10:02 AM
Jun 2017
Would have been better if Kaneki took control and beat the shit out of Takizawa
May 8, 2018 10:07 AM

Mar 2016
10/5 for the unravel in the back during Takizawa vs Kaneki!

May 8, 2018 10:10 AM

Sep 2014
Ayy, we FINALLY got some character development? What the hell, seems like studio Clown forgot to make it a shonen this week. Still a garbage adaptation but the artistic choice at the end was interesting nonetheless. Best episode for me so far
May 8, 2018 10:12 AM

Feb 2015
Oooh boy, what a fantastic episode. Definitely rough around the edges, but they packed a whole lotta emotion and action into it. I'm definitely finding this season to be a lot stronger than the previous two, thus far, and I'm loving it. I'm not yet caught up on the manga, so I don't know how well or poor this adaptation has been, but I'm definitely feeling sincerity from the characters.

Urie has officially lost it, but I guess Tooru did something to help him? I didn't really understand that part; it was touching, but I don't see how after Urie punched through Tooru and Tooru showed his quinque everything was suddenly better. Poor Juuzou, his Mama was killed before him. I mean we knew it was coming, but it was still a tad sad to witness.

Shirazu and Saiko vs. Nutcracker was pretty cool. We finally got to see Saiko in action and we witnessed Shirazu's leadership skills first-hand. They also brought back the whole "stop trying to sound human, stupid ghoul" spiel; that was definitely interesting and noteworthy. I mean who would've guessed, living humanoid-creatures act and behave like humans? No, impossible!

It was great to see Hinami in action for once; she really looks up to Kaneki. I wish they would've elaborated more on the relationship between Saiko and Haise, because it's feeling like an unrequited love, or something, that doesn't make much sense. It's harder to connect to the newly introduced characters because there was no anime adaptation of the character building, but that's a choice the studio made and you can't hold them accountable for it. I'm sure this'll feel a lot more fluent and natural once I catch up with the manga, but for now, I'm struggling to put together pieces and relate with the majority of the cast.

When they previewed the fight between Haise and Takizawa I was hoping for a more over-produced fight, but what little resilience Haise put up toward the end was a good treat.

Psyched for next week's episode since they previewed :re and Yoshimura. I love familiar faces.

Overall a very enjoyable episode.

5/5
May 8, 2018 10:13 AM
Apr 2017
i never expected the return of that legendary song
May 8, 2018 10:16 AM

Aug 2017
I FLIPPIN' LOVED THIS EPISODE OMG, FANGIRLED TO MUCH ; v ;
Oh my god I'm so fast, so fast and so fat
May 8, 2018 10:16 AM

Aug 2017
I FLIPPIN' LOVED THIS EPISODE OMG, FANGIRLED TO MUCH ; v ;
Oh my god I'm so fast, so fast and so fat
May 8, 2018 10:23 AM

Apr 2018
IMO this is 1 of the best episodes of TG:re
May 8, 2018 10:23 AM

Jul 2015
why can't they make a proper animation. . .
May 8, 2018 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
srsly best episode so far, and 'HALF' (lol) of it is thanks to 'UNRAVEL'
May 8, 2018 10:28 AM
Apr 2018
Maitreyi said:
They dont have their most experienced team working on TG:re
May 8, 2018 10:33 AM

Aug 2015
UNRAVEL
May 8, 2018 10:35 AM

Oct 2015
Idk why everyone is saying that animation improved, it's still beyond bad.
May 8, 2018 10:37 AM
Mar 2018
Why everyone is talking about the animation is so bad
May 8, 2018 10:39 AM

Jun 2014
What I don't understand is why there were a couple simple lines that they didn't include for some reason. Like, during the Mutsuki and Urie scene where Urie was wrapped by Mutsuki's kagune, in the manga

Also, when Juuzou was saying goodbye to Big Madam, in the manga, he said
I know these moments don't really impact the story greatly or anything, but it just annoys me that those lines were omitted when there was no reason to omit them.

Well whatever, at least we got to hear Unravel again. They really love that song lol, they used in the final fight of S1, it was used in the final episode of S2, and now they're using it again in this episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 8, 2018 10:48 AM

Feb 2013
I hope he's back now.
May 8, 2018 10:49 AM

Apr 2018
Best episode so far. Good stuff, but the animation still is lackluster feelsbadman
May 8, 2018 10:53 AM
Mar 2015
Kaneki and Sasaki decide that they can live with each other.Owl gets served
Bunny chan to the rescue Little sister finally brings the hammer down. Big Mama finds that pets will always pee on your carpet
May 8, 2018 10:59 AM

Apr 2015
Maitreyi said:

If you want an actual reason, the production wasn't ready for it in time.

Majority of the show is heavily to fully outsourced and don't make me start about the schedule.

Watanabe has to storyboard the next 4 upcoming episodes all by himself two of which he also has to direct and then two of his episode are outsourced to Korea.

The production is in such a dire state that they really have to go with the "functionality over style" approach to even get them out in time.

Sadly people will just jump at the throat of the next best thing they can imagine, being it the studio in question when the ones responsible for it are production circumstances and the committee.
May 8, 2018 11:03 AM

Dec 2017
Suzuya Squad enters

Hinami protecting Haise

Haise accepting Kaneki

If they had upped the budget for this episode, it could have came out real nice.
May 8, 2018 11:13 AM

Jul 2017
This episode was the best one so far.. Urie and Kaneki were amazing, I loved the unravel at the end and the fight scenes were awesome

Aug 2013
oh, Unravel is more of a cult thing now that played everytime epic things happen :P

well, that was underwhelming, I thought the fight should be more epic and badass than that, feels like the build up is for nothing. you know, the moment you're hyping so much that the nravel plays but the fight ends up with just one thrust. they handle Amon and Jason fight better than this imo...

and is it just me or does Takizawa mask placing is inconsistence? one moment it cover his right face, another it cover his left face.. or is it just camera angle?

still epic episode tho, just fall a bit low on the execution side for me

Sep 2014
For those who haven't seen the episode yet,you can mute the sounds when unravel starts to play and improve your experience.
May 8, 2018 11:17 AM

Jul 2009
TsundeReaper said:
Why Saiko called Haise Maman? Lol

And is Haise x Saiko a thing? I kinda ship them tbh

Because Haise is like a mom to her. He cooks them food and spoils them.

May 8, 2018 11:18 AM

Apr 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
The whole thing seems to be made by some sort of amateurs with original material as their guidebook, yet they lack their own sophistication to move in the right direction... Were the fights always this stupid? Exchange of piercing blow until one falls, only to raise up later? I do not remember them being this cheap. Gradually, my disappointment grows proportionally to the series diminishing in quality...

They're suffering some serious production issues rn https://twitter.com/overlord_jet/status/993908070672560130?s=19

What a shame bc it could be a LOT better
May 8, 2018 11:18 AM

Jun 2009
Maitreyi said:

why cant you people that always say bad animated just enjoy the series its awesome emotional great fights chara devolopeman seiyuus and ost

even if the animation isnt the best possible maybe i still love the series damn much
May 8, 2018 11:20 AM

Aug 2013
Fappa said:
Maitreyi said:

If you want an actual reason, the production wasn't ready for it in time.

Majority of the show is heavily to fully outsourced and don't make me start about the schedule.

Watanabe has to storyboard the next 4 upcoming episodes all by himself two of which he also has to direct and then two of his episode are outsourced to Korea.

The production is in such a dire state that they really have to go with the "functionality over style" approach to even get them out in time.

Sadly people will just jump at the throat of the next best thing they can imagine, being it the studio in question when the ones responsible for it are production circumstances and the committee.

That still doesn't justify how bad this adaption is in my opinion. Such a well known series would bring them so much profit if it is done properly, like if you can't give it enough effort why would you announce a new season to begin with.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
May 8, 2018 11:26 AM

Jul 2012
Was nice to see Unravel playing. But damn, these fights are ridiculously bad animated and designed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2018 11:32 AM

Jan 2017
ANYTIME WE GET A FULL SESSION OF "UNRAVEL" IN A TG EPISODE, THE EPISODE DESERVES TO BE AUTOMATICALLY SCORED AN INFINITY/10.

May 8, 2018 11:45 AM

Jul 2015
Kannei said:
Maitreyi said:

why cant you people that always say bad animated just enjoy the series its awesome emotional great fights chara devolopeman seiyuus and ost

even if the animation isnt the best possible maybe i still love the series damn much

If you like the series that's fine, but if i'm willing to see good character development and a stronger emotional setting i would read the manga, which i think does a better job at that.
I was hoping that they would exceed the manga in some ways but it seems that it's mediocre compared to it (for me, at least).
May 8, 2018 11:50 AM

Dec 2017
somehow the death of big mama was more emotional in the manga for me, even though they adapted it the same way it was there. that moment hanbee closed juuzo's ears i teared up, while here it was kind of meh

don't really care about unravel either, while it is emotionally strong, can't say putting it over takizawa's and haise's fight was the most fitting
May 8, 2018 11:55 AM
Dec 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
The whole thing seems to be made by some sort of amateurs with original material as their guidebook, yet they lack their own sophistication to move in the right direction... Were the fights always this stupid? Exchange of piercing blow until one falls, only to raise up later? I do not remember them being this cheap. Gradually, my disappointment grows proportionally to the series diminishing in quality...

kaneki and the owl both have insane regenerative abilities.
May 8, 2018 11:56 AM

Jul 2015
Good to see Unravel song once.My favourite song in Anime.

Better animation than last week but some parts were clumsy.

May 8, 2018 11:57 AM
Dec 2017
Maitreyi said:
Kannei said:

If you like the series that's fine, but if i'm willing to see good character development and a stronger emotional setting i would read the manga, which i think does a better job at that.
I was hoping that they would exceed the manga in some ways but it seems that it's mediocre compared to it (for me, at least).

well this is the anime, and everyone knows tokyo ghoul does not do full adaptions from the manga.
May 8, 2018 12:12 PM

Feb 2018
The best thing about the episode is a song what who could have guessed that ????
Well its not like that's something new in this franchise.
May 8, 2018 12:17 PM
Jun 2017
shreeman_shakthi said:
where can i watch it in india??

website.- 9anime
or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eminahctaw.app
May 8, 2018 12:18 PM

Jan 2015
idk how I feel about them playing unravel....definitely made the episode better but I feel like it could've been used somewhere else. At least the fight scenes were better than the other episodes have been so far.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 8, 2018 12:22 PM

Apr 2015
yamen said:

That still doesn't justify how bad this adaption is in my opinion. Such a well known series would bring them so much profit if it is done properly, like if you can't give it enough effort why would you announce a new season to begin with.

I was not talking about justification, I was giving explanation to why it is how it is.
I say that again and again but it seems to be a deeply rooted misconception:

Prestige or Popularity does not protect you from production issues.

Production issues appear in pretty much every production and are nearly unavoidable due to the nature of anime production itself. It allows for hiccups at numerous points that eventually lead to more and more problems which in return forces producers & the staff to make decisions that increase the chances that the production won't crash as a whole.

In this case the demanded schedule clearly couldn't be tackled in time so they had to make a decisions that does not affect several projects at once and outsource the main production load. Your IP can be as popular as you want, issues will appear and something will have to suffer consequences for it. Here it's an accumulation of several issues leading to a big decision that had to be made. Like it or not, it's how this came to be.

It's not a matter of effort, I always hate when people envelope that into their criticism. It's a matter of circumstances and consequences. And between greenlighting & scheduling a project and actually producing is a big step my friend. It's not easy as "if you can't do x after all then don't do y in the first place"
May 8, 2018 12:37 PM

Aug 2013
Fappa said:
yamen said:

I was not talking about justification, I was giving explanation to why it is how it is.
I say that again and again but it seems to be a deeply rooted misconception:

Prestige or Popularity does not protect you from production issues.

Production issues appear in pretty much every production and are nearly unavoidable due to the nature of anime production itself. It allows for hiccups at numerous points that eventually lead to more and more problems which in return forces producers & the staff to make decisions that increase the chances that the production won't crash as a whole.

In this case the demanded schedule clearly couldn't be tackled in time so they had to make a decisions that does not affect several projects at once and outsource the main production load. Your IP can be as popular as you want, issues will appear and something will have to suffer consequences for it. Here it's an accumulation of several issues leading to a big decision that had to be made. Like it or not, it's how this came to be.

It's not a matter of effort, I always hate when people envelope that into their criticism. It's a matter of circumstances and consequences. And between greenlighting & scheduling a project and actually producing is a big step my friend. It's not easy as "if you can't do x after all then don't do y in the first place"

I see thank you.
It is a bother that two seasons have been messed up and I would refer that to the poor management and hmm unfortunate circumstances but whatever, all we can do is to TRY to enjoy the remaining episodes.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
May 8, 2018 12:37 PM

Mar 2016
TsundeReaper said:
Why Saiko called Haise Maman? Lol

Let me guess... Anime-only, right?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 8, 2018 12:42 PM

Apr 2015
yamen said:

I see thank you.
It is a bother that two seasons have been messed up and I would refer that to the poor management and hmm unfortunate circumstances but whatever, all we can do is to TRY to enjoy the remaining episodes.

No problem man.

I can't say much in terms of adapting the source cause that's always a joined effort by what the committee wants and what Director, Script writer & series composition ends up doing.

But in terms of production values it's an unfortunate case but I can't blame them. I'm legit sad for Watanabe because storyboarding and directing one episode while bringing in some creative aspects is extremely difficult in today's environment but 4 episodes in a row? Poor dude.
May 8, 2018 12:56 PM
Jan 2018
The part where Mutsuki hugs Urie, did Urie realize that Mutsuki is a girl? Or something else?
May 8, 2018 1:06 PM

Jun 2017
This was the best episode!!

I really loved when they played Unravel during the fight between Haise and Takizawa.
May 8, 2018 1:09 PM

May 2016
How can unravel makes things so much better?...
May 8, 2018 1:16 PM

Jul 2007
I just log in to my account since so long to give this episode (5 out of 5) XD
so exciting at the end
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

95 by F0xFae »»
Mar 30, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2018

194 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

416 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

172 by CaravanRiot »»
Mar 16, 9:41 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul: re 1st season is underrated

Ryuu_Mayo - Feb 3

12 by KayKimii »»
Feb 3, 1:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.