Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 8, 2018 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
About time this season gives Saiko more spotlight as a capcable of fighter.

I have to admit, the first half of this episode felt a bit messy although was violent as I had expected to be. Also, I swear, almost none of the background stories from this series is pleasant.

Poor Sasaki. The opponent he's facing off against really is another level. I kinda liked the psychology this episode though especially from Sasaki's perspective. What a cliffhanger!

Good to hear Unravel again, the best theme song of the franchise.
Stark700May 8, 2018 9:53 AM
May 8, 2018 7:31 AM

Jun 2016
We want more JAM moments yess.
Oh, who is that coming to save the day (Hinami-chan).
Haise seems to be accepting Kaneki now, and let him control his body also (basically co exist with his memories). Looks like Haise will be making contact with his old ghoul friends now..
p.s. What you do if you can't produce good level music for the flashbacks? YOU PLAY OSHIETE OSHIETEEE
srafaymsMay 8, 2018 8:33 AM
May 8, 2018 7:51 AM

Oct 2017
I'm not even watch the episode yet, but can someone tell me, did the animation getting worse? or better than the previous episode?
Hey you, yes you! Interested to be a decent human being? Then go outside and get a fucking life.
May 8, 2018 8:03 AM

Oct 2017
This is what we got from pierrot :

A bad adaptation with a normal or even almost a good animation with very good ost (TG S1)

A bad adaptation with a bad animation but still have a good ost (TG Root A)

A Normal adaptation with a very bad animation and an almost bad OST ( TG:RE)
Hey you, yes you! Interested to be a decent human being? Then go outside and get a fucking life.
May 8, 2018 8:23 AM
May 2018
where can i watch it in india??
May 8, 2018 8:27 AM
Mar 2018
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
About time this season gives Saiko more spotlight as a capcable of fighter.

I have to admit, the first half of this episode felt a bit messy although was violent as I had expected to be. Also, I swear, almost none of the background stories from this series is pleasant.

Poor Sasaki. The opponent he's facing off against really is another level. I kinda liked the psychology this episode though especially from Sasaki's perspective. What a cliffhanger!

Did the animation quality improve or its still the same
May 8, 2018 8:38 AM

Apr 2017
SAIKO REALLY IS BEST GIRL

this is the best episode so far, im near understanding urie and the kagune of the bitch finally appeared! why did they skip when juzo said that its only for his work tho, i love that line damn clown thats only ONE LINE. i literally screamed when hina appeared, that kagune. isnt the cup at the preview end what yoshimura saved to someday have a coffee with eto?

heres a 5 because you played unravel
sunako199May 8, 2018 8:42 AM

still life: pink roses
May 8, 2018 8:47 AM
Apr 2018
Loved it! Animation improved and the still frames were, again, greatly reduced! The voice acting and OST were great although I think putting Unravel at the end wasnt the best choice.

Best episode so far. Its getting better each episode!
May 8, 2018 8:52 AM

Jun 2009
awesome just awesome loved all about it starting from uries break out of mamas mouth too juuzous squat rapping up the scene till the hina kaneki fight
wanna have more !
May 8, 2018 8:56 AM
Sep 2017
shreeman_shakthi said:
where can i watch it in india??

link

I have been using this site for quite a long time hope this might help you
May 8, 2018 9:11 AM

Jun 2009
MrGuido said:
Loved it! Animation improved and the still frames were, again, greatly reduced! The voice acting and OST were great although I think putting Unravel at the end wasnt the best choice.

Best episode so far. Its getting better each episode!

why not was soo hyped too hear it again in re loved it soo damn much xD
May 8, 2018 9:15 AM

May 2017
Why Saiko called Haise Maman? Lol

And is Haise x Saiko a thing? I kinda ship them tbh
May 8, 2018 9:25 AM

Jun 2009
TsundeReaper said:

no its saiko x urie and haise x touka for me LOL
May 8, 2018 9:27 AM

May 2015
Animation was still stiff, but I'll take this any day over a bunch of stills. Honestly, I think they adaptated everything pretty well here and the direction was a step up too. Best episode easily 4/5

May 8, 2018 9:36 AM

Aug 2015
Best episode so FAR!!!!!!
May 8, 2018 9:39 AM
Sep 2016
For some reasons, the episode that seems to be liked by most people is the episode I disliked the most.

The Kaneki / Owl fight was super confusing, the unravel song didn't match anything, some important parts of the fight were cut, Hinami's entrance is forgettable.

In my opinion, this was a terrible episode. I did like the first five episode, but this one was just a big mess.

There was a feeling in the first season, that you even find in root A. A kind of frightening and anxious vibe. Right now, I don't feel any of this. This is just insipid.
May 8, 2018 9:40 AM

Nov 2016
Finally more focus around Sasaki this episode. Saiko also showed what she is capable of.

I wasn't a big fan of the first half of the episode. Everything was clumsy. I kinda enjoyed the scene between Mama and Suzuya, she was a terrible person. That Urie's face expression, he is not alright.

Sasaki fighting with two opponents, one being himself had a nice psychology touch. Good that he finally accepted Kaneki, about time. Takizawa is really a strong man. At least the cliffhanger was good in this episode.
May 8, 2018 9:42 AM
Apr 2016
The whole thing seems to be made by some sort of amateurs with original material as their guidebook, yet they lack their own sophistication to move in the right direction... Were the fights always this stupid? Exchange of piercing blow until one falls, only to raise up later? I do not remember them being this cheap. Gradually, my disappointment grows proportionally to the series diminishing in quality...
Re:formed
May 8, 2018 9:51 AM

Feb 2014
Crowney said:
For some reasons, the episode that seems to be liked by most people is the episode I disliked the most.

The Kaneki / Owl fight was super confusing, the unravel song didn't match anything, some important parts of the fight were cut, Hinami's entrance is forgettable.

In my opinion, this was a terrible episode. I did like the first five episode, but this one was just a big mess.

There was a feeling in the first season, that you even find in root A. A kind of frightening and anxious vibe. Right now, I don't feel any of this. This is just insipid.

What really is an owl? Is it a class or a sub species?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 8, 2018 9:53 AM

Aug 2015
The animation was better this episode.
May 8, 2018 9:54 AM

Nov 2016
Loved the part when they played unravel.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 8, 2018 9:55 AM

Mar 2014
It was very fitting and emotional to use unravel there at the end.
May 8, 2018 9:56 AM

Jul 2017
This episode was fine. I really loved when they played "Unravel" in this episode but it should've had a more epic feel so that's disappointing.

The fights honestly are becoming more shounen than seinen and it's getting ridiculous. I felt the same way in the manga too.

Overall, it was a noteworthy episode but not everything clicked with me.
May 8, 2018 9:59 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Haise sure got pummelled by his opponent though. Nutcracker though sure was formidable. Urie sure looked crazy when he was unleashed. Hmm Ginshi's analysis plus the teamwork between the three sure managed to turn the fight against nutcracker. The madam sure got her just fate though. To think that Haise will be saved by Hinami though. Kinda sad that Haise doesn't remember her. Looks like the arc's entering its last stages with Haise's battle being the last part. It was nice that we finally got to see Saiko's power though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2018 10:00 AM

Aug 2016
Animation looked way better for the most part (well there was quite some room for improvement in the last couple of episodes), not sure how I feel about them playing unravel there I think that was a bit early...

Overall a decent episode, this show is a mess so I take everything positive I can.
May 8, 2018 10:02 AM
Jun 2017
Would have been better if Kaneki took control and beat the shit out of Takizawa
May 8, 2018 10:07 AM

Mar 2016
10/5 for the unravel in the back during Takizawa vs Kaneki!

May 8, 2018 10:10 AM

Sep 2014
Ayy, we FINALLY got some character development? What the hell, seems like studio Clown forgot to make it a shonen this week. Still a garbage adaptation but the artistic choice at the end was interesting nonetheless. Best episode for me so far
May 8, 2018 10:12 AM

Feb 2015
Oooh boy, what a fantastic episode. Definitely rough around the edges, but they packed a whole lotta emotion and action into it. I'm definitely finding this season to be a lot stronger than the previous two, thus far, and I'm loving it. I'm not yet caught up on the manga, so I don't know how well or poor this adaptation has been, but I'm definitely feeling sincerity from the characters.

Urie has officially lost it, but I guess Tooru did something to help him? I didn't really understand that part; it was touching, but I don't see how after Urie punched through Tooru and Tooru showed his quinque everything was suddenly better. Poor Juuzou, his Mama was killed before him. I mean we knew it was coming, but it was still a tad sad to witness.

Shirazu and Saiko vs. Nutcracker was pretty cool. We finally got to see Saiko in action and we witnessed Shirazu's leadership skills first-hand. They also brought back the whole "stop trying to sound human, stupid ghoul" spiel; that was definitely interesting and noteworthy. I mean who would've guessed, living humanoid-creatures act and behave like humans? No, impossible!

It was great to see Hinami in action for once; she really looks up to Kaneki. I wish they would've elaborated more on the relationship between Saiko and Haise, because it's feeling like an unrequited love, or something, that doesn't make much sense. It's harder to connect to the newly introduced characters because there was no anime adaptation of the character building, but that's a choice the studio made and you can't hold them accountable for it. I'm sure this'll feel a lot more fluent and natural once I catch up with the manga, but for now, I'm struggling to put together pieces and relate with the majority of the cast.

When they previewed the fight between Haise and Takizawa I was hoping for a more over-produced fight, but what little resilience Haise put up toward the end was a good treat.

Psyched for next week's episode since they previewed :re and Yoshimura. I love familiar faces.

Overall a very enjoyable episode.

5/5
May 8, 2018 10:13 AM
Apr 2017
i never expected the return of that legendary song
May 8, 2018 10:16 AM

Aug 2017
I FLIPPIN' LOVED THIS EPISODE OMG, FANGIRLED TO MUCH ; v ;
Oh my god I'm so fast, so fast and so fat
May 8, 2018 10:16 AM

Aug 2017
I FLIPPIN' LOVED THIS EPISODE OMG, FANGIRLED TO MUCH ; v ;
Oh my god I'm so fast, so fast and so fat
May 8, 2018 10:23 AM

Apr 2018
IMO this is 1 of the best episodes of TG:re
May 8, 2018 10:23 AM

Jul 2015
why can't they make a proper animation. . .
May 8, 2018 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
srsly best episode so far, and 'HALF' (lol) of it is thanks to 'UNRAVEL'
May 8, 2018 10:28 AM
Apr 2018
Maitreyi said:
They dont have their most experienced team working on TG:re
May 8, 2018 10:33 AM

Aug 2015
UNRAVEL
May 8, 2018 10:35 AM

Oct 2015
Idk why everyone is saying that animation improved, it's still beyond bad.
May 8, 2018 10:37 AM
Mar 2018
Why everyone is talking about the animation is so bad
May 8, 2018 10:39 AM

Jun 2014
What I don't understand is why there were a couple simple lines that they didn't include for some reason. Like, during the Mutsuki and Urie scene where Urie was wrapped by Mutsuki's kagune, in the manga

Also, when Juuzou was saying goodbye to Big Madam, in the manga, he said
I know these moments don't really impact the story greatly or anything, but it just annoys me that those lines were omitted when there was no reason to omit them.

Well whatever, at least we got to hear Unravel again. They really love that song lol, they used in the final fight of S1, it was used in the final episode of S2, and now they're using it again in this episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 8, 2018 10:48 AM

Feb 2013
I hope he's back now.
May 8, 2018 10:49 AM

Apr 2018
Best episode so far. Good stuff, but the animation still is lackluster feelsbadman
May 8, 2018 10:53 AM
Mar 2015
Kaneki and Sasaki decide that they can live with each other.Owl gets served
Bunny chan to the rescue Little sister finally brings the hammer down. Big Mama finds that pets will always pee on your carpet
May 8, 2018 10:59 AM

Apr 2015
Maitreyi said:

If you want an actual reason, the production wasn't ready for it in time.

Majority of the show is heavily to fully outsourced and don't make me start about the schedule.

Watanabe has to storyboard the next 4 upcoming episodes all by himself two of which he also has to direct and then two of his episode are outsourced to Korea.

The production is in such a dire state that they really have to go with the "functionality over style" approach to even get them out in time.

Sadly people will just jump at the throat of the next best thing they can imagine, being it the studio in question when the ones responsible for it are production circumstances and the committee.
May 8, 2018 11:03 AM

Dec 2017
Suzuya Squad enters

Hinami protecting Haise

Haise accepting Kaneki

If they had upped the budget for this episode, it could have came out real nice.
May 8, 2018 11:13 AM

Jul 2017
This episode was the best one so far.. Urie and Kaneki were amazing, I loved the unravel at the end and the fight scenes were awesome

Aug 2013
oh, Unravel is more of a cult thing now that played everytime epic things happen :P

well, that was underwhelming, I thought the fight should be more epic and badass than that, feels like the build up is for nothing. you know, the moment you're hyping so much that the nravel plays but the fight ends up with just one thrust. they handle Amon and Jason fight better than this imo...

and is it just me or does Takizawa mask placing is inconsistence? one moment it cover his right face, another it cover his left face.. or is it just camera angle?

still epic episode tho, just fall a bit low on the execution side for me

Sep 2014
For those who haven't seen the episode yet,you can mute the sounds when unravel starts to play and improve your experience.
May 8, 2018 11:17 AM

Jul 2009
TsundeReaper said:

Because Haise is like a mom to her. He cooks them food and spoils them.

May 8, 2018 11:18 AM

Apr 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
The whole thing seems to be made by some sort of amateurs with original material as their guidebook, yet they lack their own sophistication to move in the right direction... Were the fights always this stupid? Exchange of piercing blow until one falls, only to raise up later? I do not remember them being this cheap. Gradually, my disappointment grows proportionally to the series diminishing in quality...

They're suffering some serious production issues rn https://twitter.com/overlord_jet/status/993908070672560130?s=19

What a shame bc it could be a LOT better
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

95 by F0xFae »»
Mar 30, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2018

194 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

416 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

172 by CaravanRiot »»
Mar 16, 9:41 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul: re 1st season is underrated

Ryuu_Mayo - Feb 3

12 by KayKimii »»
Feb 3, 1:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.