Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 8, 2018 3:09 AM

Jun 2016
SAO Alternative
Ranting in the latest episode discussion is not enough for me. SAO Alternative is rated way to high and the reason is ridiculous. "This is not written by Reki Kawahara" may as well be plastered all over the page.

Kino's Journey, apparently its good, written by Sigsawa Keiichi, now given a prestige status among light novel writers because a single work reflects all his writing skills. I'm a pretty big SAO fan, in fact if I make a thread, its usually because of SAO. And studio 3hz is not a bad studio, and Keiichi probably isn't a bad writer, but holy shit is Alternative going downhill.

Reki Kawahara's Writing
"Clear the Death Game" "Save Asuna" "Catch Death Gun". Basic, clear, and established plot, in a concise exposition, with a rising action, that builds up to a climax. Yes its generic, nothing unique, but Reki Kawahara has the basics down.

Sigsawa Keiichi's Writing
Compared to Sigsawa Keiichi's take on GGO, where a plot isn't established after 5 episodes, plot armor thicker and more unbelievable than what's on Kirito, and a talking P90 in a VR game. Llenn's character is a mess, god status, faster than a lamborghini, hitbox smaller than a pebble. M, the macho big guy, established as a reliable, skilled sniper turns into a bubbling mess after a virtual p90 is pointed at him. A squad of elementary school girls better than the JSDF.

Summary
What pisses me off the most is the unreasonable mob mentality of SAO haters, flock to this praising it for the exact same reasons they hate SAO for. God characters, broken character development, unrealistic bullshit.

SAO was originally a single novel, the death game ended in 1 book, because it was supposed to be a single novel worked, it just somehow spiraled out of control. A-1 is able to take apart the first, second, and parts of the eighth novel and create one of the most popular anime globally. The same people praising A-1 for anohana, are the same people making fun of A-1 for making SAO, yet they praise Alternative without any reasonable objective input.

SAO Progressive
The Sword Art Online that deserves to happen. No 2 year time skip, a clear explanation written out nice and long to explain the entire journey of Kirito & Asuna that goes on floor by floor, giving everyone the world-building and character development they asked for.

I'm honestly confused as to how Alternative even got published, but somehow it became an anime. Now, my question is how did Alternative get an anime before Progressive?

Unless A-1 has exclusive rights to progressive, I'm incredibly surprised that 3hz decided to take up Alternative. Progressive would have been a lot more successful from a business perspective, because anyone knows anything between SAO and Aincrad will sell like hotcakes. The only idea I have is that A-1 already has dibs on some Progressive anime in the future.

Idk if this would go under SAO or SAO Alternative, or what, but I'll let the moderator decide where to put it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 8, 2018 3:19 AM

Oct 2015
I agree, it's actually ridiculous to love GGO Alternative and hate SAO. Although I can say I love both and still think the OG is still better in every way. I see a lot of people saying Alternative is better because of no returning casts which I think is a bit plausible if you really do loathe the characters that much :p.

As for how Alternative came to be, I remember Sigsawa being really interested in guns and wanted to try doing a spin-off and Kawahara agreed. Not really sure why as well, but it was announced together with SAO Alicization. It'd be pretty weird to announce a sequel and a continuation/remake/ or whatever imo. Maybe one day we'll get an adaptation of Progressive.

May 8, 2018 3:37 AM

Jun 2016
EGOIST said:
I agree, it's actually ridiculous to love GGO Alternative and hate SAO. Although I can say I love both and still think the OG is still better in every way. I see a lot of people saying Alternative is better because of no returning casts which I think is a bit plausible if you really do loathe the characters that much :p.

As for how Alternative came to be, I remember Sigsawa being really interested in guns and wanted to try doing a spin-off and Kawahara agreed. Not really sure why as well, but it was announced together with SAO Alicization. It'd be pretty weird to announce a sequel and a continuation/remake/ or whatever imo. Maybe one day we'll get an adaptation of Progressive.

Hopefully, that would be great. SAO makes up less than 1/10th of SAO tbh xD.
May 8, 2018 5:33 AM

Mar 2016
Let me start with saying this I don't think that SAO is an awful anime and even though it has many flaws I kinda enjoyed it. As for Progressive I haven't read it yet so I can't say if it deserves an adaptation.

But reading your post I've noticed that you're doing exactly the same thing you're accusing "SAO haters" of, I mean you have pointed out talking P90 as one of Alternative flaws but you have not mentioned

As for establishing the plot there's no rule that says that the main objective must be stated at the beginning of the story so far we have had a clear objective which was winning SJ, take Re:Zero you have graded with 8 as an example, there isn't one clearly stated objective completing which will end the story, there are an events and passing through them is what steadily builds plot.

And finally to answer your question as to why there's no Progressive adaptation, most reasonable explanation is that there's no profit for light novel publishers in it so they're not willing to sell license to any animation studio out there without which no one is allowed to make an adaptation of SAO Progressive.

May 8, 2018 5:42 AM

Sep 2016
KariudoPL said:

But reading your post I've noticed that you're doing exactly the same thing you're accusing "SAO haters" of, I mean you have pointed out talking P90 as one of Alternative flaws but you have not mentioned

Boi you don't mock our one true Lord and Saviour, the Undeniable Harem King Jesus-kun.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2018 5:45 AM

Oct 2014
Why do a sort of reboot after only 5 a 6 years that is still getting new seasons
May 8, 2018 5:56 AM

Mar 2017
I had hopes for Alternative actually, but I quickly dropped it. And I think it's ridiculous to say its good because it's not Reki Kawahara/Kirito/A-1 Pictures (which are admittedly the reason I gave it a go).

Thing is, SAO is choosing to move forward with Aliticization this year, rather than rebooting with Progressive. So I'm not really sure if they'll ever do Progressive after Aliticization. Their best bet to do Progressive would have been right now but they're doing Alternative.

Besides, we already have the best iteration of SAO: the Abridged.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
May 8, 2018 5:59 AM

Mar 2016
HerrSaitamaX said:
KariudoPL said:

Boi you don't mock our one true Lord and Saviour, the Undeniable Harem King Jesus-kun.

I'm sorry man, I've finally noticed my own mistakes and I swear to our Lord and Saviour great Kirito-sama that I will never ever make the same mistake again.

May 8, 2018 6:05 AM

Mar 2015
Bourmegar said:
Why do a sort of reboot after only 5 a 6 years that is still getting new seasons

SAO: progressive is not reboot, but expansion, aincrad arc tell by asuna side of view...

while blind haters can be annoying at times, your argument isn't better, considering kirito even doing worse thing than alternative....

and for the reason why alternative is approved while progresive isn't, the answer pretty simple. Money.... Progressive is just expansion... it doesn't give lot addition to story on it's own, just more insight... there is no new notable character that will be important latter that can be sold... however alternative is complitely new series with different approach and character set.. something that can be sell... hence why it's also not the main studio... they just pumping money for merchendise sales...

A-1 probably focusing movie and already anounced alicization arc....
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 8, 2018 6:16 AM

Dec 2014
Inorichi said:
SAO Alternative
Ranting in the latest episode discussion is not enough for me. SAO Alternative is rated way to high and the reason is ridiculous. "This is not written by Reki Kawahara" may as well be plastered all over the page.

I don't care about this discussion at all, I just want someone to explain how SAO alternative is rated way too high...

RN it's about 7.31 only which is pretty okayish/fine/whatever.
May 8, 2018 6:40 AM

Jul 2016
SAO AGGO - spinoff
Plot fun series of a girl that had a height complex.
SAO Progressive - reboot
Plot retelling the death game.

May 8, 2018 6:46 AM

Jul 2014
All about that Yen. A-1 and reki cashing in on generic trash, well played.
May 8, 2018 6:48 AM
Jan 2012
Alternative is decent and so was original SAO-ALO-GGO. Original was ruined because it took the godlike setting and did not play with it to the fullest (but story-plot remained ok). Alternative GGO tries to actually be an anime about a game, but idk yet. Wish they didn't rush everything like that, I might pick up the source 'cuz of that.

P.S. I prefer LLENN over Kirito because she is a girl in pink clothes with 1D characterization and Kirito is a guy in black clothes with 1D characterization.
May 8, 2018 7:01 PM

Oct 2017
Inorichi said:
SAO Alternative

Kino's Journey, apparently its good, written by Sigsawa Keiichi, now given a prestige status among light novel writers because a single work reflects all his writing skills. I'm a pretty big SAO fan, in fact if I make a thread, its usually because of SAO. And studio 3hz is not a bad studio, and Keiichi probably isn't a bad writer, but holy shit is Alternative going downhill.

Reki Kawahara's Writing
"Clear the Death Game" "Save Asuna" "Catch Death Gun". Basic, clear, and established plot, in a concise exposition, with a rising action, that builds up to a climax. Yes its generic, nothing unique, but Reki Kawahara has the basics down.

Sigsawa Keiichi's Writing
Compared to Sigsawa Keiichi's take on GGO, where a plot isn't established after 5 episodes, plot armor thicker and more unbelievable than what's on Kirito, and a talking P90 in a VR game. Llenn's character is a mess, god status, faster than a lamborghini, hitbox smaller than a pebble. M, the macho big guy, established as a reliable, skilled sniper turns into a bubbling mess after a virtual p90 is pointed at him. A squad of elementary school girls better than the JSDF.

Summary
What pisses me off the most is the unreasonable mob mentality of SAO haters, flock to this praising it for the exact same reasons they hate SAO for. God characters, broken character development, unrealistic bullshit.

SAO was originally a single novel, the death game ended in 1 book, because it was supposed to be a single novel worked, it just somehow spiraled out of control. A-1 is able to take apart the first, second, and parts of the eighth novel and create one of the most popular anime globally. The same people praising A-1 for anohana, are the same people making fun of A-1 for making SAO, yet they praise Alternative without any reasonable objective input.

SAO Progressive
The Sword Art Online that deserves to happen. No 2 year time skip, a clear explanation written out nice and long to explain the entire journey of Kirito & Asuna that goes on floor by floor, giving everyone the world-building and character development they asked for.

I'm honestly confused as to how Alternative even got published, but somehow it became an anime. Now, my question is how did Alternative get an anime before Progressive?

Unless A-1 has exclusive rights to progressive, I'm incredibly surprised that 3hz decided to take up Alternative. Progressive would have been a lot more successful from a business perspective, because anyone knows anything between SAO and Aincrad will sell like hotcakes. The only idea I have is that A-1 already has dibs on some Progressive anime in the future.

Idk if this would go under SAO or SAO Alternative, or what, but I'll let the moderator decide where to put it.

Honestly, I like both equally. I know SAO is a love-it-or-hate-it kind of anime, but I think it's alright. As for GGO, I laughed so hard at M having a come-apart that I fell out of my chair.
I like to live every day like it's my last.....and by that, I mean lying in a puddle of my own urine, calling for the nurse to bring me more pudding.
May 8, 2018 7:04 PM

Oct 2017
Same people that hate SAO like GGO, even though it contains similar elements. Why? Simply because people are hypocrites. I personally find GGO boring.
May 8, 2018 7:07 PM
Dec 2015
I think Kirito is a boring af character and didn't care to see him ever again.I liked the original SAO and GGO but the quality was inconsistent. Watched 3 episodes of GGO Alternative and somehow it's way worse without him. It's pure bandwagoning that people are saying this is better than the others. The others at least had semi serious plots and more relatable characters. Shinon had PTSD and was coping with that fact. Llenn has a stupid high complex that apparently destroyed her life. How is this an improvement?
May 9, 2018 5:23 AM

Jun 2016
KariudoPL said:
Let me start with saying this I don't think that SAO is an awful anime and even though it has many flaws I kinda enjoyed it. As for Progressive I haven't read it yet so I can't say if it deserves an adaptation.

As for establishing the plot there's no rule that says that the main objective must be stated at the beginning of the story so far we have had a clear objective which was winning SJ, take Re:Zero you have graded with 8 as an example, there isn't one clearly stated objective completing which will end the story, there are an events and passing through them is what steadily builds plot.

And finally to answer your question as to why there's no Progressive adaptation, most reasonable explanation is that there's no profit for light novel publishers in it so they're not willing to sell license to any animation studio out there without which no one is allowed to make an adaptation of SAO Progressive.

Idk SAO at least feels somewhat shounen and Kirito's survival can be written off as "Heart of the Cards" or some other logic defying trope aka "willpower" or "determination". Now compared to a talking P90...

Re:Zero has a solid story around the life of Subaru. The dark witch, the cult, small hints about the world is fed to you, while Subaru works his way towards a goal. Sure you can blame the fact that the "world" or "GGO" is Kawahara's property, but that doesn't mean poor writing is excused.

Imo, I'd say that Progressive would sell a lot better than Alternative. Even with all the Reki Kawahara haters, it'll sell like crazy. 20+ million copies, this guy is the JK Rowling or Light novels. Probably made enough to retire for life.

May 9, 2018 5:29 AM

Jan 2016
That's why you don't need to take SAO seriously. lol

Just wait for Alicization.
May 9, 2018 5:38 AM

Jun 2016
Kuma said:
Bourmegar said:

SAO: progressive is not reboot, but expansion, aincrad arc tell by asuna side of view...

while blind haters can be annoying at times, your argument isn't better, considering kirito even doing worse thing than alternative....

and for the reason why alternative is approved while progresive isn't, the answer pretty simple. Money.... Progressive is just expansion... it doesn't give lot addition to story on it's own, just more insight... there is no new notable character that will be important latter that can be sold... however alternative is complitely new series with different approach and character set.. something that can be sell... hence why it's also not the main studio... they just pumping money for merchendise sales...

A-1 probably focusing movie and already anounced alicization arc....

I don't think it's Asuna's pov. Unless Yen Press heavily modified the English release, the story is mostly still Kirito's in a third person perspective. Ex. Kirito thinking about the blacksmith scam, and barging into Asuna's room. Kirito's POV.

Could you elaborate why my argument isn't better? I'm claiming that the praise Progressive gets just because its not A-1 or Reki Kawahara is super annoying.

Tbh, SAO has been given like what? 3-4 Blu-Ray remakes with absolutely no extra scenes or OVA's which still sell at $100-300 USD. I'd bet that Season 1 sold better than Season 2 and Progressive would probably go strong. Progressive does bring new characters and elements to the story, it feels a bit like Naruto's extra missions, etc before achieving his goal.

May 9, 2018 5:40 AM

Jun 2016
chriskor022 said:
SAO AGGO - spinoff
Plot fun series of a girl that had a height complex.
SAO Progressive - reboot
Plot retelling the death game.

It's not a reboot, its more of its own story. An expansion. Each floor shown, no 2 year time skip.
May 9, 2018 5:42 AM

Jun 2016
EndlessMine said:
Alternative is decent and so was original SAO-ALO-GGO. Original was ruined because it took the godlike setting and did not play with it to the fullest (but story-plot remained ok). Alternative GGO tries to actually be an anime about a game, but idk yet. Wish they didn't rush everything like that, I might pick up the source 'cuz of that.

P.S. I prefer LLENN over Kirito because she is a girl in pink clothes with 1D characterization and Kirito is a guy in black clothes with 1D characterization.

Tbh, Llenn is more Godly than Kirito, both the plot armor and godly abilities are through the roof. At least Kirito was a gaming otaku, not a girl trying her first game.
May 9, 2018 5:42 AM

Jun 2016
Detective1412 said:

Pretty hyped for Alicization, Alice is better than Asuna imo.
May 9, 2018 5:46 AM
Jul 2018
The rating of Alternative is higher because the MC is a cute girl, which makes it objectively superior.
May 9, 2018 5:52 AM

Jun 2016
Dunno. I love SAO soooo much and has to be an instant-10/10 but Alternative. Dunno.
I don't get why they produce it under the name "Sword Art Online". It's true that it's set in the same world but it's not written by Reki. And a series, not created by the original creator, is wrong, false and just not right.

SAOAGGO isn't that bad, don't get me wrong, but don't call it SAO since it's not created by Reki.
May 9, 2018 5:55 AM

Jun 2016
Plus I also already thought about the possibility of a "Sword Art Online: Progressive" series which would be totally amazing, cuz it tells the story way more slow-paced and there is so much love for the detail in it.

The only problem, imo, is that it's told a little bit different since he get's to know Asuna already much earlier which makes Progressive a kinda new world cuz it IS different. And that makes it hard for me to decide, which story is the right one?
The first 14 episodes or Progressive?
May 9, 2018 6:13 AM

Jan 2016
Inorichi said:
Detective1412 said:

Obviously, but Kirito still best girl after all.
May 9, 2018 6:15 AM

Jun 2016
TeeRider said:
Plus I also already thought about the possibility of a "Sword Art Online: Progressive" series which would be totally amazing, cuz it tells the story way more slow-paced and there is so much love for the detail in it.

The only problem, imo, is that it's told a little bit different since he get's to know Asuna already much earlier which makes Progressive a kinda new world cuz it IS different. And that makes it hard for me to decide, which story is the right one?

I'm pretty sure Kirito and Asuna start hating each other or something because of something, which wraps up Aincrad in Progressive, because Asuna did chase after Kirito to ask the "How did you know my name" question in the original.

I honestly believe that A-1 already has rights to progressive and will work on it after Alicization or something after there are enough novels to start some long running shounen SAO series. It's just not possible to adapt a GGO side story but not an SAO Aincrad expansion.
May 9, 2018 6:15 AM

Jun 2016
Detective1412 said:
Inorichi said:

LOL, true though, Trap Kirito is best Kirito.
May 9, 2018 6:16 AM

Jun 2016
DO WE REALLY NEED A RECAP OF 5 EPISODES OF GGO. ARE WE REALLY DOING THIS
May 9, 2018 6:21 AM

Jun 2016
Inorichi said:
TeeRider said:

I'm pretty sure Kirito and Asuna start hating each other or something because of something, which wraps up Aincrad in Progressive, because Asuna did chase after Kirito to ask the "How did you know my name" question in the original.

I honestly believe that A-1 already has rights to progressive and will work on it after Alicization or something after there are enough novels to start some long running shounen SAO series. It's just not possible to adapt a GGO side story but not an SAO Aincrad expansion.

Yea. I'm actually reading vol. 2 and Kirito and Asuna are already quite close to each other imo. But I really hope they will go for an SAOP Anime series even though it's told a little bit different. But the mayor parts we don't even know from the original series so that we get to know a lot more from the Aincrad arc
May 9, 2018 6:29 AM

Jan 2016
Inorichi said:
Detective1412 said:

No, I mean, the Real Kirito.
May 9, 2018 10:10 PM
Jan 2018
Well it's because Progressive is simply a retelling of Aincrad and with Alicization coming soon it would make no sense. I agree that Progressive should get an anime, but progressive could be so easily fucked up that people don't get the joy that I got from reading the light novels and just hate SAO even more. Further more the manga's start to the series is much weaker than the light novels because of the very unnecessary fan service and deus ex machina shit that happened (Needless to say it differed quite alot), but they're probably going to adapt the manga anyway cause it's easier. I think Reki is just holding off. In fact the original SAO was just released a year later we probably could have gotten a series in which the first season was just Aria and Rondo.
May 10, 2018 4:13 AM

Jun 2016
Inorichi said:
Llenn's character is a mess, god status, faster than a lamborghini

But that's not really a valid point of objective criticism since it has been established that everyone can be just as fast / even faster than her and we don't really know how good she is as a gamer aside from "she's better than the average casual".

EGOIST said:
I agree, it's actually ridiculous to love GGO Alternative and hate SAO.

Not really, it all depends on why one hates the original SAO.
May 10, 2018 6:29 AM

Sep 2009
I think Progressive will happen eventually. The franchise is too popular in Japan at the moment that they will need something to fill the void after Alicization is finished. So it's either Progressive or Girls Op but I don't see them doing Girls Op manga for a while with only 4 volumes and Progressive has more content being a Novel
May 10, 2018 12:26 PM
Feb 2009
based on episode 1, GGO is pretty bad. SAO at least was a bit entertaining.
May 10, 2018 7:46 PM

Nov 2016
it wouldn't make sense from bussiness standpoint to air progressive before/during the elephant in the room that is called Alicization release.

Sure Progressive has many many new contents, but in the end it still "expanded version of the first novel". No matter how you said it, it still looks like that to most people's eye. Especially considering SAO s1 isn't that old (well, six-seven years) to warrant a "reboot". If they do Progressive, it'll need to be after alicization (unless reki decided to do another arc post alicization).

AGGO in other hand, not really tied with the main story, not even feature the cast from the main story. Plus, it can also be used to promote Fatal Bullet. Reairing SAO S2 is also a way, but won't have as much impact (overseas streaming won't pick it up obviously) as a brand new anime, and it's easier to adapt novels than game considering both has same setting anyway.
May 11, 2018 6:59 PM

Jun 2016
Detective1412 said:
Inorichi said:

No, I mean, the Real Kirito.

>-> ok....

NajzenDesu said:
Well it's because Progressive is simply a retelling of Aincrad and with Alicization coming soon it would make no sense. I agree that Progressive should get an anime, but progressive could be so easily fucked up that people don't get the joy that I got from reading the light novels and just hate SAO even more. Further more the manga's start to the series is much weaker than the light novels because of the very unnecessary fan service and deus ex machina shit that happened (Needless to say it differed quite alot), but they're probably going to adapt the manga anyway cause it's easier. I think Reki is just holding off. In fact the original SAO was just released a year later we probably could have gotten a series in which the first season was just Aria and Rondo.

I don't read the manga, mostly cause the art is bad compared to Abec's and I question whether the artist has even read the light novel or not most of the time. Since Reki Kawahara pretty much owns SAO, if a Progressive anime is made, which it probably will imo, it will be from the Light Novels and probably a serious project that the studio works on. My guess is, the future of a Progressive anime will be determined from how well Alicization does. And from S1, to S2, to Ordinal Scale, things are looking pretty good.

May 11, 2018 7:07 PM

Mar 2018
First half of SAO was above expectation, I loved it for sure.
Then it's all down hill from there. The SAO movie Ordinal Scale did not make up for the disaster in season 2.
GGO, I personally think it's not as bad as people perceive it as. There's no romance involved, definitely a lot more action. As a former CS player, I kinda have some hope for the future upcoming episodes, but overall, not so bad rn.

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ YOᑌ.... ᑕOᑌᒪᗪ IT ᗷE TᕼᗩT YOᑌ'ᖇE ᒍᑌᔕT ᗩᑎ IᗪIOT?
~ Araragi Senpai

* .    *
.      ˚    *   ·
.  ✦             ✫ ·
.    ✢    °         ✧    .       
May 12, 2018 4:26 AM
Jan 2018
Shinraro said:
it wouldn't make sense from bussiness standpoint to air progressive before/during the elephant in the room that is called Alicization release.

Sure Progressive has many many new contents, but in the end it still "expanded version of the first novel". No matter how you said it, it still looks like that to most people's eye. Especially considering SAO s1 isn't that old (well, six-seven years) to warrant a "reboot". If they do Progressive, it'll need to be after alicization (unless reki decided to do another arc post alicization).

AGGO in other hand, not really tied with the main story, not even feature the cast from the main story. Plus, it can also be used to promote Fatal Bullet. Reairing SAO S2 is also a way, but won't have as much impact (overseas streaming won't pick it up obviously) as a brand new anime, and it's easier to adapt novels than game considering both has same setting anyway.

Yeah SAO will be getting another arc, from what I've heard it'll be called Unital Ring.
May 12, 2018 7:38 AM

Aug 2008
GGO Alternative is clearly having production issues. Discussion of the quality of the author's writing should refer to the LN (not the adaptation).

I can't speak to either LN directly, but Sigsawa's influence is clear so far. P-chan is Hermes, for one. If you can't understand or appreciate his work here, definitely do watch/read Kino no Tabi.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
May 12, 2018 10:26 AM
Apr 2017
Inorichi said:
(comparisons and whatnot to make alternative look bad)
Most of this criticism isn't even true, though. It seems like you're just mad that some people like Alternative more than the original.
May 13, 2018 2:25 AM

Jun 2016
MeclairX said:
Then it's all down hill from there. The SAO movie Ordinal Scale did not make up for the disaster in season 2.
GGO, I personally think it's not as bad as people perceive it as. There's no romance involved, definitely a lot more action. As a former CS player, I kinda have some hope for the future upcoming episodes, but overall, not so bad rn.

I did enjoy the first few episodes of SAO:A, but after the latest episode I'm pretty annoyed with the anime. Magical talking guns and completely breaking down M's character.

NajzenDesu said:
Shinraro said:

Yeah SAO will be getting another arc, from what I've heard it'll be called Unital Ring.

Didn't know that, thanks for the info. I actually thought you were joking at first.

shonen_fan said:
Inorichi said:
(comparisons and whatnot to make alternative look bad)
Most of this criticism isn't even true, though. It seems like you're just mad that some people like Alternative more than the original.

When did I even say that?

Ctrl-F - Copy and Paste "(comparisons and whatnot to make alternative look bad)"

I'm not mad that some people like Alternative more than the original, I'm mad that you're making fake quotes. Jk, jk. Idk if I said that or not, but definitely not on this thread.

It's pretty ridiculous how comparing the 2 anime, SAO does have in subjective terms "poor or basic writing" but at least it doesnt have plotholes like the magic P90 that can talk and has a face for 30 seconds in the latest episode.

Not to mention this is the most blatant attempt to milk money I've ever seen. A recap episode after 5 episodes + including the title Sword Art Online.

In fact the author of SAO:A or Keiichi Sigsawa hasn't had anything note worthy since Kino's Journey decades ago. I'd bet that he's raking in more money from this SAO:A than all past works (minus Kino's Journey) combined.
May 13, 2018 2:40 AM

Nov 2015
Inorichi said:
MeclairX said:

I did enjoy the first few episodes of SAO:A, but after the latest episode I'm pretty annoyed with the anime. Magical talking guns and completely breaking down M's character.

NajzenDesu said:

Didn't know that, thanks for the info. I actually thought you were joking at first.

shonen_fan said:

Ctrl-F - Copy and Paste "(comparisons and whatnot to make alternative look bad)"

I'm not mad that some people like Alternative more than the original, I'm mad that you're making fake quotes. Jk, jk. Idk if I said that or not, but definitely not on this thread.

It's pretty ridiculous how comparing the 2 anime, SAO does have in subjective terms "poor or basic writing" but at least it doesnt have plotholes like the magic P90 that can talk and has a face for 30 seconds in the latest episode.

Not to mention this is the most blatant attempt to milk money I've ever seen. A recap episode after 5 episodes + including the title Sword Art Online.

In fact the author of SAO:A or Keiichi Sigsawa hasn't had anything note worthy since Kino's Journey decades ago. I'd bet that he's raking in more money from this SAO:A than all past works (minus Kino's Journey) combined.

hmm wasn't it just mc imagination that gun talked? :D
May 13, 2018 2:41 AM

Nov 2014
I really don't know if I should say it directly, but give it some time. All it takes is for someone to actually make a clear, in-depth and easily digestible (in other words a video, not a wall of text on a forum) breakdown of the issues of GGO Alternative. After that you can expect people to actually finally see what's wrong about this series, then you'll see the people who didn't like it start getting louder.

Frankly the same happened with SAO, the opinion of the show took a steep drop a few months after the show finished airing. I think most people still like SAO and do like this series as well, though I suspect more people liked the original over the spinoff (regardless of what it seems around online circles discussing anime).
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
May 13, 2018 5:45 AM
Apr 2017
Inorichi said:
shonen_fan said:

In this very thread.

No, you clearly are. You don't like that it got adapted over Progressive, so you presented this lengthy post of exaggerations and generalizations, both of the anime and the fanbase. What am I supposed to draw from a bunch of immature remarks regarding the anime before you present us with your question? There's an overwhelming bias here. This isn't even the first time, as you were complaining in the episode discussions as well.

Very early in its run here. It could easily be her imagination. Clear example of an assumption right here.

How is that milking? I haven't watched it yet, but there was tons of info introduced early on to establish rules the rules and gameplay tactics. A recap doesn't hurt.

This has nothing to do with anything.
Wait_ingAug 8, 2018 7:50 AM
May 13, 2018 6:23 AM

Jul 2016
I like them both, AltGGO getting first an anime before Progressive doesn't bother me, cause well the floor is only at 5th floor, 70 floors to go xD. Though I would like to see at some time animated, wanna see Argo greatness, and also of course the whole adventure of main cast.

NajzenDesu said:
Shinraro said:

Indeed, though there's Moon Cradle Arc Vol.19-20 I think, after Alicization Vol.9-18 Arc. Then, the new Unital Ring Arc, original story that didn't came from his web novel of SAO.
cronoSpirAMay 13, 2018 6:33 AM
May 13, 2018 11:04 AM

Sep 2014
I agree, I still dont understand why Alternative is a thing when they could have made progressive, before Alicization starts.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 13, 2018 5:23 PM

Nov 2016
Inorichi said:
MeclairX said:

M personality will be explained later. the recap also has some hints, but eh, who need milking fest recap, am I right?
The magical talking gun............. I can't believe someone still think it's not LLENN's own delusion despite the gun can only be heard by LLENN (Eva didn't react, M too), only talking to her, and is voiced by LLENN's voice actress. Compare to Hermes and Riku from Kino no Tabi that snark at everything moving, having actual conversation with other people, and voiced by other VA that's not their partner.

Now you're making accusation without giving proof.
May 13, 2018 9:14 PM

Jun 2016
Comander-07 said:
I agree, I still dont understand why Alternative is a thing when they could have made progressive, before Alicization starts.

A-1 probably has rights, thats my best guess.
May 13, 2018 9:36 PM

Jun 2016
Shinraro said:
Inorichi said:

M personality will be explained later. the recap also has some hints, but eh, who need milking fest recap, am I right?
The magical talking gun............. I can't believe someone still think it's not LLENN's own delusion despite the gun can only be heard by LLENN (Eva didn't react, M too), only talking to her, and is voiced by LLENN's voice actress. Compare to Hermes and Riku from Kino no Tabi that snark at everything moving, having actual conversation with other people, and voiced by other VA that's not their partner.

Now you're making accusation without giving proof.

There's probably nothing that can bring back M for me. They already established him as a skilled player, with knowledge even in the real-life of how the JSDF or a armed organization handles themselves. If he was able to break down to that because he was fearful of Pitoui, why is he playing a god damn video game. You would need the words of God to bring back M's character at this point and from what the story and characters are so far, probably won't be happening.

r.i.p M

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a list of Keeichi's works after Kino's Journey.

No date or ISBN. Never even heard of these, but Gakuen Kino sounds more like he's milking Kino's Journey with a prequel.
Gakuen Kino, Tale of a Single Continent Series, Allison, Lillia and Treize, Meg and Seron, Tale of a Single Continent, Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan desu (collective writing)

Ocha ga Hakobaretekuru Made ni: A Book At Cafe (January 2010, ISBN 4-04-868286-5) - Started january, lasts 2 years, you have to search hard to find anything on these books.
Yoru ga Hakobaretekuru Made ni: A Book in A Bed (December 2010, ISBN 4-04-870235-1)
Kotae ga Hakobaretekuru Made ni: A Book without Answers (December 2011, ISBN 4-04-886267-7) - Nobody even bothered fan-translating these.

Danshi Kōkōsei de Urekko Light Novel Sakka o Shiteiru Keredo, Toshishita no Classmate de Seiyū no Onnanoko ni Kubi o Shimerareteiru. (January 2014, ISBN 978-4-04-866273-4)
"I'm A High School Boy and a Successful Light Novel Author, But I'm Being Strangled By A Female Classmate Who's A Voice Actress And Is Younger Than Me" - Hey its a title longer than DanMachi, guess what, average slice of life, harem, romance that lasts 3 volumes before flopping.

He literally did nothing note-worthy after Kino's Journey, his last volume was a fail, and every book before that except Kino's Journey cant even be found on Wikipedia.
Then comes Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online...

Guess who got into the top 20 Light Novel rankings? Yep all "3" SAO light novels, guess who came in last? Alternative GGO. https://myanimelist.net/news/40131264

Guess who got into the top monthly rankings last month, https://myanimelist.net/news/55224634

I'm not trying to be an ass and I went into this anime with a clear unbiased opinion with no prior knowledge, in fact I even gave it the benefit of a doubt since it had the title SAO. First few episodes, alright, felt recycled but it was something fresh. Now it's a giant mess, M's character breaks down, talking magical gun or according to you our main character is now has mental health problems and is suffering from very realistic delusions. They probably just didn't want to pay a voice actor to voice a GUN. She also beats out several professionals that make thousands of dollars a month and wins a six man teams tournament in a team of two where one person is basically throwing the game, she also joined the game a few months ago, not because she LIKES guns, but because her character was short...

Like you call SAO overrated but this story doesn't even have a clear plot, like conquer aincrad or save asuna. This is literally just a slice of life to mooch off money and get more light novel sales and that's whats annoying me.
InorichiMay 13, 2018 9:48 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

64 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 11 Discussion

18 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 10 Discussion

21 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 9 Discussion

23 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 8 Discussion

21 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 16, 1:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.