Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 7, 2018 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
shouldn't mal mods change the studio name for persona 5 the animation? Because the sub-studio of A-1 that is handling this anime is not part of A-1 anymore. It's become an independent studio called CLOVERWORKS. They even removed "A-1 pictures" from the opening credits and changed it to CLOVERWORKS
May 7, 2018 2:34 PM

Jul 2012
Ary5000 said:
shouldn't mal mods change the studio name for persona 5 the animation? Because the sub-studio of A-1 that is handling this anime is not part of A-1 anymore. It's become an independent studio called CLOVERWORKS. They even removed "A-1 pictures" from the opening credits and changed it to CLOVERWORKS
In that case they should include both, as they were associated at some time in the run.

I guess that may explain the lackluster (lack of) animation during the battle sequences.
May 7, 2018 5:05 PM

Jul 2016
Ary5000 said:

I've submitted before that they change it so CloverWorks is the studio and A-1 Pictures is a producer (since it's the other way around right now), but I guess it wasn't accepted for some reason.

Though I think CloverWorks is still part of A-1, but it's a part of it with a different name.

Danpmss said:
In that case they should include both, as they were associated at some time in the run.

I guess that may explain the lackluster (lack of) animation during the battle sequences.

CloverWorks is also the studio that makes Darling in the FranXX with Trigger, so I don't think it's because of that. I think they just aren't being given the proper budget for this, or the animation staff sucks and all the good animators are too busy with Darling.
May 7, 2018 5:11 PM

Jul 2012
Username57 said:

Danpmss said:

CloverWorks is also the studio that makes Darling in the FranXX with Trigger, so I don't think it's because of that. I think they just aren't being given the proper budget for this, or the animation staff sucks and all the good animators are too busy with Darling.

I mean, at least the animation in all the other scenes (except the goddamn battles, when they even are animated, why?) is looking great, well shadowed, colored and polished, not to mention being pretty fluid as well (except some background CG secondary student in one of the scenes, and the off model face secondary girls in the gym scene).

Still, they really should get someone to copy and paste the All Out Attacks directly from the game, because, of the ones we got, only the one from episode 5 was passable.
May 7, 2018 5:21 PM

Jul 2016
Danpmss said:
I mean, at least the animation in all the other scenes (except the goddamn battles, when they even are animated, why?) is looking great, well shadowed, colored and polished, not to mention being pretty fluid as well (except some background CG secondary student in one of the scenes, and the off model face secondary girls in the gym scene).

Still, they really should get someone to copy and paste the All Out Attacks directly from the game, because, of the ones we got, only the one from episode 5 was passable.

Yeah, there's basically no transition between the character moving and stopping, and even the still of the character feels off. It shouldn't be so hard to emulate the AOA from the game.
May 8, 2018 6:55 AM
Jul 2018
Username57 said:
Ary5000 said:

I've submitted before that they change it so CloverWorks is the studio and A-1 Pictures is a producer (since it's the other way around right now), but I guess it wasn't accepted for some reason.

Though I think CloverWorks is still part of A-1, but it's a part of it with a different name.

Danpmss said:

It was officially announced that the koenji sub-studio of A-1 became their own studio and changed the name to "cloverworks"
May 8, 2018 8:21 AM

Sep 2013
Cloverwork is a part of A1 just like Sunrise has lots of studios.
They do not make their own anime, they just help with stuff like painting and small time assistance.
May 8, 2018 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
ichii_1 said:
Cloverwork is a part of A1 just like Sunrise has lots of studios.
They do not make their own anime, they just help with stuff like painting and small time assistance.

they don't "help with painting" they make their own anime. Just like you said, Koenji-studio was just like sunrise's sub-studios but in A-1 pictures. Although now they are more independent with the name CLOVERWORKS. You could say CLOVERWORKS is like Wit-studio. Wit-studio used to be a part of production IG. But now they're independent While still being a part of Production IG. CLOVERWORKS is the same

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

143 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 15, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

40 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

32 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

6 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 21, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

4 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 16, 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.