Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 7, 2018 11:26 AM

Mar 2017
They are rushing with the adaption but they are not doing so bad as Tokyo Ghoul √A. And I think it might not seem so bad to anime only viewers because they don't know how the story was paced in the manga. So I'm guessing a score between 8 to 8.15 ? (Unless they repeat what happened to Tokyo Ghoul √A though it most likely isn't going to happen). So what do you think?
May 7, 2018 1:49 PM

May 2017
I think it will get score between 7.90 to 8.00 if they still doing the same thing they still rushing it...
May 7, 2018 1:56 PM
Apr 2018
They’re doing way better then root a and how is Tokyo ghoul a 8.01 but this is a 7.90 and yet Tokyo ghoul was rushed liked shit? Just goes to show that MAL Scores in general have no type of meaning it’s literally just a shit load of people bashing the show I’ve never seen manga readers so angry and I am one but even if the show isn’t perfect that’s okay as long as one of my fav series is getting adapted I’m happy, episode 5 literally cut out 2 things yet people still hate which is crazy. I think the rating should be 8.05 max
May 7, 2018 5:21 PM
May 2017
Shawntalon2 said:
They’re doing way better then root a and how is Tokyo ghoul a 8.01 but this is a 7.90 and yet Tokyo ghoul was rushed liked shit? Just goes to show that MAL Scores in general have no type of meaning it’s literally just a shit load of people bashing the show I’ve never seen manga readers so angry and I am one but even if the show isn’t perfect that’s okay as long as one of my fav series is getting adapted I’m happy, episode 5 literally cut out 2 things yet people still hate which is crazy. I think the rating should be 8.05 max
it’s becuase Tokyo ghoul re is animated badly compared to the the other seasons
May 7, 2018 5:28 PM

Nov 2016
With the things right now, I would give a 8.20
May 7, 2018 5:34 PM
Nov 2017
Kuramane said:
I think it will get score between 7.90 to 8.00 if they still doing the same thing they still rushing it...
The last 3 episodes haven’t been rushed so what are you talking about .
May 7, 2018 6:11 PM

Aug 2013
It's already 7.90 so I feel it'll either stay the same or continue to tank further.
May 7, 2018 6:53 PM

Jan 2017
I'd say it won't crack past 8.10 but will not drop below 7.20
May 7, 2018 7:42 PM
Dec 2015
hannanveera said:
Shawntalon2 said:
It got handed off to a backup studio so even though they're following the manga the rest of it is garbage. Music is bland, character design is boring, animation is on par with the manga but colored.
May 8, 2018 4:26 AM

Jul 2014
I've got no idea about the rest, but this series in general probably will never go past 4 in my books. For a "seinen" tag, I'd expect actual maturity, not gore and edgy faces everyone is making. Also comedy bits are just confirming my point that this show aims at children.
Saying this is anime only problem is a lie, since all of the problems I have with this show (and it's a lot more, going back all the way from the first episode of the first season) are in the manga as well
May 8, 2018 4:27 AM

Oct 2015
10/10 if the rabbit is smashed is in season 2.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

May 8, 2018 4:37 AM
Jul 2018
Probably an 8 or above
May 8, 2018 6:38 AM
Apr 2018
Varris said:
hannanveera said:
It got handed off to a backup studio so even though they're following the manga the rest of it is garbage. Music is bland, character design is boring, animation is on par with the manga but colored.
The music is being made by the same person that composed for season 1 and 2 and I don't get how character designs have to be boring like I mean isn't that how they look anyway it's funny because people keep saying the same thing they keep saying small details like that yet they never give an ACTUAL reason to hate the show lie literally the only thing I wish they would improve on is the animation quality and no it wasn't handed to a background studio it's the same people
May 8, 2018 6:40 AM
Apr 2018
Hydra0411 said:
I've got no idea about the rest, but this series in general probably will never go past 4 in my books. For a "seinen" tag, I'd expect actual maturity, not gore and edgy faces everyone is making. Also comedy bits are just confirming my point that this show aims at children.
Saying this is anime only problem is a lie, since all of the problems I have with this show (and it's a lot more, going back all the way from the first episode of the first season) are in the manga as well
lol that's how Tokyo ghoul is it it'll get even more gory later in the series
May 8, 2018 7:47 AM

Oct 2017
The score of TG S1 is above 8.0, and for me, TG S1 is still a lot better than this anime, the animation, the ost and more.
so i guess TG:RE score will be below 7.70 or maybe not even better than Root A. below 7.40?
Hey you, yes you! Interested to be a decent human being? Then go outside and get a fucking life.
May 8, 2018 7:51 AM

Oct 2015
Ì say it will stay around the same score I would probably give it a seven or eight. Depends how well they do the rose arc which is one or possibly the best in the story. I do expect them to get to
May 8, 2018 10:50 AM

Mar 2017
Cyborg_Dragon said:
Ì say it will stay around the same score I would probably give it a seven or eight. Depends how well they do the rose arc which is one or possibly the best in the story. I do expect them to get to
Yeah I get what you mean
May 8, 2018 11:17 AM

Jul 2017
Probably under 8.
May 8, 2018 11:40 AM

Jul 2012
Shawntalon2 said:

This is rushed too and has 0 character development. Characters feel like they are just... there. For example, do anime-only people really care about quinx at all? On top of that, the fights are even worse and animations are really bad.

This show is a 5 for me if i rate it generously.
ShadzzoMay 8, 2018 11:43 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2018 11:43 AM

Feb 2018
Hopefully below 8 cuz it's really not all that good.
May 8, 2018 12:05 PM

Oct 2015
Shadzzo said:
Shawntalon2 said:

This is rushed too and has 0 character development. Characters feel like they are just... there. For example, do anime-only people really care about quinx at all? On top of that, the fights are even worse and animations are really bad.

This show is a 5 for me if i rate it generously.

To be fare they dislike urie being an asshole like the manga readers once did and they still see mutsuki as a cinammon roll like the manga readers once did.
May 8, 2018 12:15 PM

Jul 2012
Cyborg_Dragon said:

To be fare they dislike urie being an asshole like the manga readers once did and they still see mutsuki as a cinammon roll like the manga readers once did.

More like they dont think anything about them cuz they had like 6 lines in 6 episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2018 2:42 PM

May 2017
MonkeyDJasper said:
Kuramane said:
The last 3 episodes haven’t been rushed so what are you talking about .

First season was rushed, if they rush again it will be a bad adaptation.
May 8, 2018 8:43 PM
Jan 2017
Hydra0411 said:

well i can understand the hate towards the anime but the manga ??? not mature ?
i dont think you read the manga or you read it but you didnt understand it i guess.
if you want something really mature go watch real movies not anime or manga because you won't find any.
May 8, 2018 10:08 PM

Aug 2013
Shawntalon2 said:

I dont understand the point you're trying to make, because :re is WAYYYYYY more fucking rushed than the first season, and to top it off the animation isn't nearly as good.

Episode 5 cut out 2 things? Ok, how about how episode 1 basically completely skipped over the entire first chapter and rushed the Kaneki introduction. Or how they completely changed how Urie gets permission to unlock his kagune frame, or how they changed Saiko's character during the Nutcracker stuff, or how they decided to not have Urie say out loud that Tooru is a girl.
May 8, 2018 10:18 PM

Aug 2013
Hydra0411 said:

It's kind of a shame they kidified the show and didnt make proper use of it's seinen audience. You have a show like Terraformars which is shit, but at least it uses maturity to its fullest, which was the intended appeal.

Disappointing too, because for instance in the manga when Takizawa first shows up as the hooded ghoul in this arc, when that older veteran Dove is like "I'll hold him off!" Takizawa straight up rips his skull off and starts drinking the blood and comparing him to a pineapple. Then the adapt it and everything happens off screen with virtually no blood and you have to kind of make the analogy yourself. Then the scene where he kills that girl who was at his lecture the one time; in the manga one hand rips through her chest while the other plucks her head clean off. Again, not shown and minimal blood.

Then there are little things too, like that girl who's part of the Clown ghouls. In the manga she gets cut in half then does the "help me" routine and stabs the dude a bunch. When she heals and her body reconnects, she was cut in half so her overall straps get ripped and her shirt is sliced so her bra is exposed. Wasn't even remotely sexual or anything (unlike the entirety of Nutcrackers character), it was more of an attention to detail thing since that's exactly what should happen given the way she was cut. She also made a bigger spectacle over drinking his blood. In the anime she got gut stabbed and then she stabbed the guy back. The end.

It's just odd since they marketed and adapted the anime for an audience that wasn't who the reader base even was to begin with.
May 8, 2018 10:48 PM

Jul 2014
Taher1201 said:

well i can understand the hate towards the anime but the manga ??? not mature ?
i dont think you read the manga or you read it but you didnt understand it i guess.
if you want something really mature go watch real movies not anime or manga because you won't find any.

Yup, I read it. And I stopped reading it because it was the exact same crap, not gonna waste my time on that, plus it looks like cancer on paper. Same story man, how can one format be more mature (???)

Al's dude, if you claim anime doesn't have mature stuff to offer, just watch more anime that is not shonen. You have Ghost in the Shell franchise, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Kaiba Serial Experiments Laine... Or something as simple as Usagi Drop. Maturity = subtlety, and TG has absolutely none. Mature elements like blood and killings don't make it mature unless they are used properly. And they are not, it's edge in any case
May 8, 2018 11:01 PM

Jul 2014
Jonesy974 said:

It's kind of a shame they kidified the show and didnt make proper use of it's seinen audience. You have a show like Terraformars which is shit, but at least it uses maturity to its fullest, which was the intended appeal.

Disappointing too, because for instance in the manga when Takizawa first shows up as the hooded ghoul in this arc, when that older veteran Dove is like "I'll hold him off!" Takizawa straight up rips his skull off and starts drinking the blood and comparing him to a pineapple. Then the adapt it and everything happens off screen with virtually no blood and you have to kind of make the analogy yourself. Then the scene where he kills that girl who was at his lecture the one time; in the manga one hand rips through her chest while the other plucks her head clean off. Again, not shown and minimal blood.

Then there are little things too, like that girl who's part of the Clown ghouls. In the manga she gets cut in half then does the "help me" routine and stabs the dude a bunch. When she heals and her body reconnects, she was cut in half so her overall straps get ripped and her shirt is sliced so her bra is exposed. Wasn't even remotely sexual or anything (unlike the entirety of Nutcrackers character), it was more of an attention to detail thing since that's exactly what should happen given the way she was cut. She also made a bigger spectacle over drinking his blood. In the anime she got gut stabbed and then she stabbed the guy back. The end.

It's just odd since they marketed and adapted the anime for an audience that wasn't who the reader base even was to begin with.

Terraformars is a dumb action schlock, in the lines of Starship Troopers and such. You have guys battling huge cockroaches and dying by the dozens, and all of them have some kind of sad backstory that gets thrown at you right before they're killed. I was reading the manga 5 years ago, long before anime came out and I became repetitive even then.

Also about the laughing girl... Yes, I'd prefer the less over-the-top anime version. Not sure what's the point of details like having her bra exposed or being cut in half and returning from that by drinking blood in spectacular fashion (even more edge i guess).
Hydra0411May 8, 2018 11:06 PM
May 9, 2018 1:31 AM
Nov 2016
I think it'll be around the 7.7-8.0 mark...

As a manga reader, I simply don't like this adaptation because of various reason... Even if I leave the subpar animation out, this anime just doesn't have the same dark atmosphere as the manga, the pacing is rushed and the art style is lol.

I kind of expected there to be little character development because I mean, it was the same way in the manga so.

This is like a 6/10 for me. It's just bad. Not to mention, in the latest episode(episode 6) during the fight against Takizawa, they just suddenly started playing Unravel eventhough most of the fight was Kaneki having an inner monologue and then kind of beating Takizawa... It looked like a badly synced amv or something.

I wanted this show to be good because I have been following the manga for quite some time now but it's just below average.

Let's be honest, all of us knew this was going to happen when they announced Pierrot was going to adapt this. When was the last time that studio made a good anime out of a popular manga series?
May 9, 2018 9:25 AM

Jun 2011

thesarcasticguy said:

Let's be honest, all of us knew this was going to happen when they announced Pierrot was going to adapt this. When was the last time that studio made a good anime out of a popular manga series?

Pierrot never gives their copyrights to others, never ever. Meanwhile, Madhouse gave One Punch Man to JC Staff, just because making seasons of Overlord is cheaper since CG. Every damn anime studio is in crisis these days, couple that with a terrible studio that only popular due to two decent titles in the past (Yu Yu Hakusho, Onizuka) and you have a disaster.
May 9, 2018 9:53 AM
Jun 2017
I think i'll end up giving a 8 or 9/10 score, but the overall will be 8.30 score.

I like how they are adapting things, it isn't a bad adaption as some try to make it look like, and for people who are not manga readers or those who just prefer the anime over manga [like me], i think people will end up liking TG:re anime.
May 9, 2018 10:48 AM
Nov 2016
CharlesMarlow said:

thesarcasticguy said:

Pierrot never gives their copyrights to others, never ever. Meanwhile, Madhouse gave One Punch Man to JC Staff, just because making seasons of Overlord is cheaper since CG. Every damn anime studio is in crisis these days, couple that with a terrible studio that only popular due to two decent titles in the past (Yu Yu Hakusho, Onizuka) and you have a disaster.

I know right?
Even if studios like Madhouse and/or Bones are in crisis(let's be honest, they're not in a crisis it's just that they don't make as much as they used to) they still produce good anime... Bones with My Hero Academia and Madhouse with last season's A Place further than the Universe...

Pierrot is just a shitty studio. Even when they did have the resources, back in the days of Naruto and Bleach, they still messed those series' up... Which led to Bleach's popularity dropping(well the manga got pretty had too) and it being cancelled...
May 9, 2018 11:28 AM

Jun 2011
thesarcasticguy said:
CharlesMarlow said:

I know right?
Even if studios like Madhouse and/or Bones are in crisis(let's be honest, they're not in a crisis it's just that they don't make as much as they used to) they still produce good anime... Bones with My Hero Academia and Madhouse with last season's A Place further than the Universe...

Pierrot is just a shitty studio. Even when they did have the resources, back in the days of Naruto and Bleach, they still messed those series' up... Which led to Bleach's popularity dropping(well the manga got pretty had too) and it being cancelled...

No, Bleach gradually kept gradually getting worse after Soul Souciety Arc. 1000 Year Blood War Arc was the most terrible arc in any shounen. Yes it had the epic old man's fight, Unohana's as sadistic bitch reveal and quick death. Yet that arc and its dumb fights, plot is the reason why I dropped Bleach and rated it 1/10.

May 9, 2018 11:30 AM

Jan 2016
7.79 probably, unless something amazing happens
May 9, 2018 8:35 PM

Aug 2013
Hydra0411 said:
Jonesy974 said:

Terraformars is a dumb action schlock, in the lines of Starship Troopers and such. You have guys battling huge cockroaches and dying by the dozens, and all of them have some kind of sad backstory that gets thrown at you right before they're killed. I was reading the manga 5 years ago, long before anime came out and I became repetitive even then.

Also about the laughing girl... Yes, I'd prefer the less over-the-top anime version. Not sure what's the point of details like having her bra exposed or being cut in half and returning from that by drinking blood in spectacular fashion (even more edge i guess).

The Terraformars comparsion was just to show that even a bad show like that was able to at least accept and use the fact that it was meant for a more mature audience that they didnt kiddify it.

The remark about the clown girl was simply saying that the manga had bits that weren't only more "mature" but also included more detailed depictions and whatnot.

But, basically in your opinion anything that has blood in it is just "edge" (shocker), so of course you'd think that anything that isn't NGE or Monster isn't mature lol
May 9, 2018 10:13 PM

Jul 2014
Jonesy974 said:

The Terraformars comparsion was just to show that even a bad show like that was able to at least accept and use the fact that it was meant for a more mature audience that they didnt kiddify it.

The remark about the clown girl was simply saying that the manga had bits that weren't only more "mature" but also included more detailed depictions and whatnot.

But, basically in your opinion anything that has blood in it is just "edge" (shocker), so of course you'd think that anything that isn't NGE or Monster isn't mature lol

Eh my child... Are those shows I mentioned as a example of proper mature works in anime? And no, blood is a mature element, using it does not make something mature. Having extasy faces while drinking blood is edge to the max. Why can't people wrap their heads around that is beyond me.
May 10, 2018 12:57 AM
Nov 2016
CharlesMarlow said:
thesarcasticguy said:

I know right?

No, Bleach gradually kept gradually getting worse after Soul Souciety Arc. 1000 Year Blood War Arc was the most terrible arc in any shounen. Yes it had the epic old man's fight, Unohana's as sadistic bitch reveal and quick death. Yet that arc and its dumb fights, plot is the reason why I dropped Bleach and rated it 1/10.

Yeah, I did mention that the manga got bad too.
May 11, 2018 2:04 PM
Apr 2018
Jonesy974 said:
Shawntalon2 said:

I dont understand the point you're trying to make, because :re is WAYYYYYY more fucking rushed than the first season, and to top it off the animation isn't nearly as good.

Episode 5 cut out 2 things? Ok, how about how episode 1 basically completely skipped over the entire first chapter and rushed the Kaneki introduction. Or how they completely changed how Urie gets permission to unlock his kagune frame, or how they changed Saiko's character during the Nutcracker stuff, or how they decided to not have Urie say out loud that Tooru is a girl.
lol if you noticed in the recent episode when Urie said “Tooru you’re a.. I see” it was him smelling Mutsukis period and making Urie know that she’s a girl they didn’t completely axe out the whole thing you’re literally bitching about shit that nun of the manga reviews that I’ve seen review the episodes even talk about like them changing Saiko character? No fucking manga reader mentions that like bruh I read the damn manga and I don’t see the problem with Saiko and next you’re gonna say the latest episode didn’t adapt the manga well, that it was fast paced, or just completely trash cause I can give you a whole list of manga readers who actually enjoyed and praised perriot for episode 6
May 13, 2018 11:18 AM
Apr 2016
Mark my words, 1st when it aired it was around 8.30, now its 7.90, so in the end it will be lower than 7.75 for sure!
May 13, 2018 5:41 PM
Aug 2012
MAL scores are as useless as the reviews. Nothing good about them
May 13, 2018 5:45 PM

Nov 2016
Probably From 6.8 to 7.2
May 14, 2018 1:00 AM

Aug 2013
Shawntalon2 said:
Jonesy974 said:

lol if you noticed in the recent episode when Urie said “Tooru you’re a.. I see” it was him smelling Mutsukis period and making Urie know that she’s a girl they didn’t completely axe out the whole thing you’re literally bitching about shit that nun of the manga reviews that I’ve seen review the episodes even talk about like them changing Saiko character? No fucking manga reader mentions that like bruh I read the damn manga and I don’t see the problem with Saiko and next you’re gonna say the latest episode didn’t adapt the manga well, that it was fast paced, or just completely trash cause I can give you a whole list of manga readers who actually enjoyed and praised perriot for episode 6

Am I bitching about it? Yea, because there was no need to change the context of it to something more ambiguous.

Lol obviously what you read is biased then and just geared towards your already horrible opinions "bruh".

Yea I would love to see this massive list of manga readers who loved the episode so much, because uh, I was in those episode discussion threads, and it wasn't getting a warm reception. Probably the most people upset since episode 1.

Obviously you either don't read the manga, or the original content doesn't mean much to you since you're one of the few who thinks its good, otherwise you wouldn't be whining that the show isn't getting the praise you think it should be getting.

May 15, 2018 3:08 AM
Apr 2018
Praise? No I’m not praising it if you really want to enjoy the damn thing watch it in a anime only perspective that’s the whole damn point if you’re watching it in a manga reader perspective ofc you’ll be disappointed obviously and I read the manga bud from part 1 to Re I know what I’m talking about I really don’t care the show isn’t perfect but if you consider what I’m doing “whining” when I’m just stating commen sense then you have no room to talk in all honestly, I also do care about the material the first 4 episodes were not perfect and lacked a whole bunch of shit but by episode 5 I noticed the show kept getting a bit better in some areas as it went along, the thing isn’t perfect obviously they fucked up the series and I wish I could get a part 1 reboot but it’s whatever right no one always gets what they want
May 15, 2018 3:10 AM

Aug 2017
i hope it gets a 1 score
RAI_KE1 said:
Umm 9.26 cause this seems to be the best anime to come out untill now.

yep i agree

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

95 by F0xFae »»
Mar 30, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2018

194 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

416 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

172 by CaravanRiot »»
Mar 16, 9:41 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul: re 1st season is underrated

Ryuu_Mayo - Feb 3

12 by KayKimii »»
Feb 3, 1:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.