Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 7, 2018 10:13 AM

Sep 2017
I know this topic already long dead. But I would like to discuss solely about how the Microwave works and how time travel works within it. Correct me if I'm wrong. Contribute to the discussion, I don't need insults.

This is poorly constructed I know, I'm bad at expressing my ideas, currently on the rush right now. Please bear with me. I aprreciate if you participate in the discussion and read till the end.

If I'm missing something PLEASE point it out, or if you have other theories/facts that I've missed, tell me.

How the Microwave works (chronological order)

a. The microwave works the same as the SERN’s Large Hadron Collider. It accelerates protons at 99.99999% the speed of light. By doing so, they compress a mass into an extremely tiny space. This process creates a micro-singularity or a mini-black hole.

P.S [John Titor’s and SERN’s (or even Okabe’s microwave) time machine uses two micro-singularities to distort the gravitational field around the machine enough to “replicate the effects of Kerr blackhole” thus making time travel possible.]

b. If you inject electrons to the micro-singularity to rotate it at an extremely high velocity. The resulting black hole exhibits what’s called Kerr Effect.

c. If you keep injecting electrons to the ring of the Kerr black hole’s singularity the black hole will rotate faster and faster and when their angular momentum exceeds a certain threshold the event horizon disappears. Generating naked singularity.

d. When the event horizon disappears (or naked singularity occurs), there’s no more reason for time and space to change places. Meaning that you can enter a naked singularity without being trapped (killed even).

NOTE: “Kurisu: On the other side of the event horizon, moving (your body) freely though space times becomes impossible, while moving freely through time becomes possible.”

Long story short the microwave works the same way as the LHC (creation of two micro-singularities, lifters, etc.) The visual novel mentioned of the use lifters as to stabilize the immense mass of the singularity and gravitational fields, thus making it possible to travel through black holes without getting crushed.

Read more bellow about how time travel works through kerr black holes (not completely related to the anime).

The main obstacle of using black holes as a means of time travel is singularities – an infinitely dense region of space-time from which nothing can escape.

This is where Kerr black holes come in. The creation is due to (refer to a.). Instead of collapsing into the common, infinitely-dense singularity, it would create a ring of rotating neutrons, their centrifugal force preventing the singularity from forming at all. This would, theoretically, allow safe passage through a wormhole within the black hole avoiding the aforementioned spagehettification and opening the way for a very interesting possibility:

On the other side somewhere out there, would be a “white hole”, ontensibly the opposite of a black hole, spewing out the contents that had been sucked in. It would act as a bridge that would allow travel through both time and space or, perhaps, into another universe (worldline).

AyunaAniMay 7, 2018 10:17 AM

"The universe was made, just to be seen by my eyes."
May 7, 2018 12:34 PM
Oct 2017
my brain got squeezed into singularities while reading this but I think you got the most of it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

804 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - May 3, 2011

280 by Mahmoud636363 »»
Apr 9, 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.