Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 8, 2018 8:20 AM

Oct 2015
Lol, the wolf casually staring at the meat on Sugimoto's face. I said it once, twice, thrice and I'm saying it again. The comedic timings are on-point. Woah, one twin got killed, I wonder if the other one would exact revenge
May 8, 2018 8:47 AM

Sep 2016
This anime is really,really boring. even more than Drifter.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 8, 2018 12:42 PM
Nov 2016
This episode adapted my favourite portion of the manga and it adapted like, 4-5 chapters or something but for some reason, the pacing doesn't bother me much...

They didn't really show Sugimoto handling the guts that clearly but that kinda censorship is fine.

Hijikata seems more badass in the manga but he seems good here too. They adapted Tsurumi pretty well... I am impressed with his seiyuu.

I am not impressed by the animation quality but it's still fine. Next they'll adapt the portion of the manga I found boring but if they keep this pace up, it should be done with pretty soon.
thesarcasticguyMay 8, 2018 12:47 PM
May 8, 2018 3:59 PM

Jul 2010
Definitely liking the antagonists and the factions that are forming in this show so far.
May 8, 2018 7:18 PM
Aug 2014
GoddessofMayhem said:
Swagernator said:
Hinna, hinna.

This show reminds me the old western movies.

You and me both. Almost makes me want to watch some.

Me too guys. The setting also reminds me of the movie Ravenous (1999) with Guy Pearce and Robert Carlyle, nice cannibal flick.
May 8, 2018 8:53 PM

Mar 2016
Sugimoto: *eats literally anything* holy fucking shit this is delicious i have never had something so tasty in my life
May 9, 2018 1:07 AM

Nov 2015
Good episode, liked the violence. One twin down…

Immediately thought of Vergo (One Piece character) when Sugimoto had the meat on his face ;)
May 9, 2018 5:29 AM
Oct 2012
They're doing a pretty good job pacing it but I don't get why they haven't put Sugimoto's backstory in yet.
The timing for it has been lost, maybe they just won't put it in at all?

May 9, 2018 4:48 PM

Jan 2013
I'm enjoying this anime so much! Glad that i started watching it.
Sugimoto is really immortal xD Great plan btw!

The comedy in this anime feels so unique and great, love it.
Asirpa face is the best thing that happened to this anime xD

She finally ate poop! I mean....food xD
So, that guy will join their team?

Hinna, hinna, hinna haha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 9, 2018 7:21 PM
Mar 2012
Oh Sugimoto just stole someone's guts to fake a tummy wound, such a beast at fighting.
Rip Special Week... oh wait.
Lol Retar's face like a meme doge. Finally Asirpa appreciates miso, it's quite good. Sugimoto acting like a kid while Asirpa's keeping him safe.
Hijikata headtilt 10/10
May 9, 2018 9:00 PM

Oct 2008
oh man! this will get intense in the near future because of increasing numbers of opponents like: Tsurumi, Hijikata, Toshizou, & an opponent who doesn't care about the gold: Tanigaki & Nihei Tetsuzou!
LOL at Asirpa's revolted facial expression before eating the poop miso which she later praised because of how delicious it is!
5/5.
matias067May 9, 2018 9:05 PM

May 11, 2018 9:01 AM

Dec 2017
there so much funny expression here damn! another Hinna Hinna episode.

it pains me so much seeing Sugimoto fighting and escaping while still have a stick up on his cheek, that’ll hurt so bad man, he really lives up to his name.

Asirpa face when eating is just gold, the animator is really all out with that old granny face.

and also old man Hijikata looking so freaking bad ass, his character design looks like a cowboy with samurai, there’s a lot of badass character in this anime
May 12, 2018 7:28 PM

Jan 2017
ColdCase said:
Amazing episode, i don´t read the manga,yet, but that doesn´t stop me from loving this series, great cast of characteres so far, and intriguing story reminds me of the bizarreness of jojo, and someone has to make a meme out of the escape kings slippery break in. that shit was glorious

Literally, the best part of the episode for me was hearing him slipping inside.

May 13, 2018 2:11 AM

Oct 2011
Amazing episode!!!!
May 14, 2018 6:26 AM

Jun 2013
Greenpeace likes this one. A lesson of love for animals.
May 14, 2018 12:23 PM
Jan 2009
rryohei said:
HopbeeK said:
New characters appearing, exciting episode. Pleased to see Shinsengumi is finally represented by another name than Okita (well not much choice left since only Nagakura and Saito are officially alive at the time of this story, referring to the history).

Nihei's dog looks like a Shiba breed. I guess I'm the only one thinking that?

It's Hokkaido inu if you are interested

Darn it! You beat me to mentioning the Hokkaido dog breed. It's also called an Ainu dog.
May 15, 2018 2:47 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great way to scapes!!!
Well, now they are 3!!!
Asirpa eat "pop" and she liked it!!! kekeke
Aug 8, 2018 10:08 AM

May 2012
Another very good episode, really interesting how this is developing and even more amazing how he escaped that! Really great development. Let's see what's next.
Nov 17, 2019 3:17 AM

Jul 2015
Asirpa really has some affinity with poop, thinking miso is poop, naming the escape artist the scat king instead.....never thought she would actually try the miso with that mindset

Looks like there is another tough guy entering the game, that old man Hijikata has some skill

May 26, 2020 3:14 AM

Jul 2013
the poor fucking horse
Just an anime fan, doing what an anime fan does
Jul 8, 2020 5:28 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice that Tsugimoto escaped and is with Asirpa again, but he still needs to be careful.
Sep 15, 2020 6:26 AM

Oct 2016
Lmao the way Shiraishi slid in. And RIP twin no. 1 your death was not in vain as your intenstines were useful. I thought Asirpa was gonna hug Sugimoto but, he got bonk'd instead lmao. And finally Asirpa has tasted "poop".
Sep 18, 2020 1:19 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, they finally been able to saved Sugimoto. The way they were save that immortal guy just a complete intensed moment by so much happening in the first sequence. Here i thought the King of Escape somehow betrayed and flew away from them. But looks like he was more more reliable than I thought before. He even had a nice idea with their dinner, and had a great banters against the quite relations between Sugimoto and Asirpa on that night. What a character. I just love him more. Nice!

The insane captain surprisingly very smart by taking the tattoo map into his body, and so clever by understanding all of the whole scheme that Sugimoto created together with the King of Escape. Looks like his title as their captain was not just a joke, i see. But, surely he was a complete dick so he had no love for me. Fortunately the one of the twin guy had his Karma already, so i might be fine with the outcome of these episode.

The next sequences were just a complete chaos. The old man of the Samurai, had his time to showed his evil plan again. He wanted to take over Hokkaido? As his past? As his golden era? Wow what a plan, and its not just a usual interest of a luxury by taking a gold into his stashes, but its surely bigger than i could anticipated. Yeah, by gaining more power around the island of Hokkaido, he wanted to awakened his golden era again. He first got another insane and so powerful old man, that seems to be a lot of trouble for Sugimoto. Then the others one crews had to be his next target. But they just not easily to be convinced. Their rejection ended up with their wipe out, getting a warn that he and their gangs, just surely a huge burden for Sugimoto to accomplished his mission with Asirpa. What a pity situations. So, that great desire surely intersected with the plan of the military captain of the 7th division. Who will win? The answer must be blurry depends their action in the near future!

The trouble was not just the old man crews, and the insane captain armies. Asirpa encounters something terrible, while Sugimoto being reckless, and the King of Escape went into a blurry place. Another hunter, somehow coming through to joined the mess. Yeah, a popular hunter that being so popular about his succession on that small area. He aimed one, and only target: Retar, and he even brought that injured soldier to gave him some back up. However, was that really necessary. It seems everything just became more difficult in Sugimoto and Asirpa side. How could they pass them out? Lets just see the next episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 11, 2020 7:03 PM
Jun 2014
For every episode i see, the show is getting more and more ridiculous.
Jun 10, 2022 1:49 PM

May 2020
Another good episode. Have to say that escape plan was some great last moment stunt from Sugimoto, thorough outsmarted that general there. They gained a new ally too, escape master Shiraishi. Also I kinda wonder how Sugimoto can speak even with those two skewers in his mouth lol.

Nakata Jouji's character is a total badass.
Softhenic03Jun 18, 2022 3:47 AM
Jul 22, 2022 5:57 AM
Oct 2019
Big Brain Sugimoto, he really is immortal... wtf

yay, Asirpa finally eat poop. that face was perfect!!

Katana and Shotgun... what a combination old man.
Oct 12, 2022 4:10 AM
Jul 2018
Escape king oil scene was Peak, and great escape by Sugimoto. The expressions on there faces while eating food was hilarious, lmao
Hijikata is badass, old man came and massacred everyone. New character is here and he is going to hunt down the white wolf!
Oct 23, 2022 8:59 PM
Feb 2022
Something about it. Sugimoto the goat. Great character design and cast.
Sep 15, 2023 4:42 AM
Aug 2022
Sock dude's entrance killed me lol.
Sep 15, 2023 4:54 AM
Aug 2022
Thirst when surrounded by snow, interesting.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2018

91 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Apr 15, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2018

292 by Nilton_Junio »»
Apr 13, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

41 by elviskocho1023 »»
Mar 24, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

24 by Karva1 »»
Mar 16, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

17 by Karva1 »»
Mar 16, 3:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.