Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 7, 2018 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tsurumi is pretty damn intimidating and he continues to protray his personality pretty well. The episode had more moments of violence with his behavior.

Felt like this episode was a game of cat and mouse with Tsurumi chasing to capture/kill Sugimoto. The segment was fast but made its point.

Really glad to see Asirpa reunite with Sugimoto again. The two has some of the best character chemistry in this show and still brings a good feel of entertainment. Hijikata is also pretty awesome. We need more of him in this show.
May 7, 2018 7:26 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
We start off with some chaos! Sugimoto breaking out was really cool! Meanwhile Shiraishi is helping with Sugimoto’s escape. But that “seemingly” didn’t go according to plan, with Sugimoto being injured. But it was all part of Sugimoto’s master keikaku of stealing other’s intestines! That sounded really wrong. This is the only anime where I’ll see Sugita voicing a character whose intestines got stolen :P

But that short chase between Sugimoto and Tsurumi was pretty thrilling. Tsurumi ultimately decided to keep Sugimoto alive and make him get as much skins as he can, so he can later steal them all from him. Tsurumi’s creepy af though, with him wearing one of the skins as clothing O_O

Lol, and finally Asirpa tasted osama miso. That scene was glorious though, with all those solid facial expressions! We also get a bit of Hijikata. Can’t wait for those glorious Hijikata scenes but too bad this season won’t be able to cover most of them. But even then, he’s still getting some nice focus. What a badass old man!

Anyways, we got our next new character, Nihei, and we’ll be seeing more of him in the next episode. 5 chapters adapted again (chapters 18-22).

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerMay 7, 2018 10:10 AM
May 7, 2018 9:58 AM

Apr 2016
Hinna, hinna.

This show reminds me the old western movies.

May 7, 2018 10:06 AM

Jan 2012
Quite the eventful episode. Sugimoto's escape, Hijikata's slaughter and Shinpachi's introduction, Asirpa's love for osoma, some deer-related folklore, and Tanigaki's return. Looks like Retar might be in trouble! This series manages to pack so many things in such a short time period really well. I'm glad that at least has transferred over to the adaptation so far.
May 7, 2018 10:07 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Sugimoto's breakout was pretty awesome. He totally wrecked one of the pompous brothers who thought he could be killed easily.

The chase between Tsurumi and Sugimoto was pretty exciting, I was expecting Asiripa to shoot him down but it looks like that didn't happen and Tsurumi decided to keep Sugimoto alive and use him to collect all the tattoo's.

Loved the scene where Asiripa finally ate Miso. Hinna, Hinna! xD

Hijikata is a badass.

We got a new character now, a pro bear hunter named Nihei and he's after Retar. They better not kill of Retar. :((

May 7, 2018 10:13 AM

Jun 2015
Sugimoto's escape was pretty cool. He took that guy's guts in order to escape :O Tsurumi chasing him was intense. He decided to let him escape. Really glad to see Asirpa reunited with Sugimoto again. Her face while eating the miso was funny. Hijikata is a great character. A new character appeared and he's after Retar, not good.
May 7, 2018 10:13 AM

Dec 2011
Amazing episode, i don´t read the manga,yet, but that doesn´t stop me from loving this series, great cast of characteres so far, and intriguing story reminds me of the bizarreness of jojo, and someone has to make a meme out of the escape kings slippery break in. that shit was glorious
May 7, 2018 10:27 AM
Mar 2018
in case of asirpa comment on sugimoto's immortality is confusing the manga translation goes like

"sugimoto walk in the shadow of death but doesn't let the fear consume him, that's why he's sugimoto the immortal"
May 7, 2018 10:34 AM

Jul 2017
Awesome episode. I just loved the escape scene and the chemistry between Sugimoto and Asirpa is great.

Hijikata looks so awesome already. Hyped to see more of him.

Love the details in hunting in this anime.
May 7, 2018 10:38 AM

Nov 2016
Sugimoto is a scary man, there is a reasn why he is titled "Immortal". The diversion was well done. Shiraishi is a clever man when it come with plans to escape.

Tsurumi is not a dumb person despise his personality, he is intimidating. The reunion with Asirpa what the best moment. Their chemistry is so good to watch. Asirpa's faces strikes again. More of survival methods explained in the wild, that is what make the show interesting.

The bear hunter is some skill man wih no fear at all, he could be a danger for the group. A lot of action on this episode, especially with the samurai man. He is skilled in murdering.
May 7, 2018 10:53 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm so glad that they keep the scenes with them eating different foodstuffs and the resulting facial expresions. Hinna, hinna!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 7, 2018 11:04 AM

Jun 2014
Sugimoto's escape was badass, as expected, and it was smart on Tsurumi's part to leave him alive so he can keep collecting the tattoos so that he doesn't have to.

Hijikata's scenes were awesome as well, hopefully we'll get more of that later on. I also liked that last scene with the new character, Nihei Tetsuzou.

Lol Asirpa makes the best faces. At least she likes miso now.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 7, 2018 11:25 AM

Nov 2016
Sugimotos escape plan was simple yet great.

And lmao,Asirpas grandma faces were too muchplease,I don't want to see scat doujin

Nihei seems like another interesting character,oh boy this show knows how to keep things exciting.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 7, 2018 12:05 PM

Feb 2018
Sugimoto having an orgasm while she ate was definetly my favorite scene of this episode.
May 7, 2018 12:18 PM

Dec 2014
the story gets more and more thrilling ..the brutality sometimes...... sugimoto cut the guts out.... savage
May 7, 2018 12:19 PM
Oct 2017
ColdCase said:
Amazing episode, i don´t read the manga,yet, but that doesn´t stop me from loving this series, great cast of characteres so far, and intriguing story reminds me of the bizarreness of jojo, and someone has to make a meme out of the escape kings slippery break in. that shit was glorious

The manga is absolutely amazing and the art style is so good, you should give it a read for sure.
May 7, 2018 12:31 PM

Jun 2015
I was wondering if Sugimoto would spend the whole episode with these skewers stuck in his face.

Asiriba finally conquered her fear of the unknown.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 7, 2018 1:26 PM

Oct 2014
Woo Nihei's finally here to get rid of the CGI bear curse!
May 7, 2018 1:29 PM
Mar 2016
Sugimoto faking a stomach slash , Nice.

Finally Asirpa starts to eat shit....

Hijikata and Tusrumi may these two should face one another and whoever it's the baddest wins.

Asiripa sucking on a Sarurashi Vine kinda makes her look like giving someoen a blow job...and it also looks like she and Sugimota had an indirect kiss since they both suck at the same vine.
May 7, 2018 1:37 PM

Feb 2016
Hahaha aww Asirpa finally tasted "shit" seems like she loves it now :3

Damn, Sugimoto needs another nickname, because "immortal" is just not enough: Sugimoto the beast, Sugimoto the badass, etc etc, this guy is everything lol.

Another CG bear, and that CG bear meets its end. Looks like there is someone who can face Sugimoto on equal terms... This is getting better and better!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 7, 2018 2:13 PM

Oct 2012
Not bad but number of side-characters introduced is really getting out of hand for one-cour series. And worse, I don't even care about them, only Asirpa, Sugimoto and escape artist had good exposition so far.
The villains are just testosterone overflow so far.

This series will have hardly satisfying closure if any at all, that's for sure now. It would probably turn into nothing more but short promotion of the manga.
May 7, 2018 2:51 PM
Feb 2018
Great episode!!
They added Tsukishima, I couldn't be happier!
Next week we'll see more of Tanigaki and Nihei, yay
May 7, 2018 3:02 PM

Jul 2010
Interesting characters, interesting setting, interesting plot. This anime has it all. Already in my favorites. But, they should keep gourmet moments shorter imo. I want to see the conclusion to this anime so bad.
May 7, 2018 3:53 PM
Jul 2018
When that escape artist slithered through the bars, I was legit disgusted lol
May 7, 2018 4:42 PM

Apr 2016
Sugimoto is such a good main character! I love the main cast too, especially the "Scat King" LOL
Hijikata is an awesome brutal character too
May 7, 2018 5:03 PM

Jul 2012
Thus far, besides missing some of the cool cultural and biological trivias (that could easily be inserted in the eyecatches for the commercial break, not sure why they didn't), this adaptation is going through the material at a very awesome pacing adapting pretty much every single relevant thing... except Umeko's backstory with Sugimoto, which is pretty important for his character overall, and they kinda skipped and missed today's episode the perfect opportunity to fit it in after the whole escape thing, deciding instead for covering up to the part with Nihei Tetsuzou.

Hopefully they will fit that somewhere somehow in the future, even if it's not immediately important for this part of the manga they will be covering. This is like, the only thing other than the already mentioned trivias that this great adaptation is missing.

CGI Bear-kun returns, looks so uncanny tbh, I kinda like it <3
May 7, 2018 5:04 PM

Feb 2012
Sugimoto proves again how much of immortal monster he is. Interesting new characters introduced this episode. The bear hunter guy looks pretty badass. I really wish this show was 24 episodes.
May 7, 2018 5:07 PM

Dec 2015
Lmao, the way Shiraishi just slithered in xDDD

More eating, more walking around in the mountains, more CGI bears. Tbh I'm kinda getting tired of this anime...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 7, 2018 5:55 PM

Mar 2014
sadly the quality of animation dropped again. i really love that bad ass scene of hijikata in the manga
May 7, 2018 6:30 PM
Mar 2015
She really loves the poop Hina Hina. Great escape using the other guts Facing the bear with one bullet was great Who needs the other four
May 7, 2018 8:44 PM

Mar 2016
I am liking it so far, but this is a weird one for me. When I watch it, it is quite interesting. Though, when a new episode is out, I am not interested in watching it. I have to force myself to watch it every single time.
May 8, 2018 12:46 AM

Feb 2014
Asirpa is in a league of her own when it comes to funny facial expressions. Although saying that, it's good that she likes the taste of miso now, even though she ate it without knowing it was miso at all. =D

Sugimoto's whole escape plan was risky, but it paid off for him. With the help from the slick Shiraishi (lol), Sugimoto was able to pull the plan off and reunited with Asirpa and Shiriashi.

The CGI bear makes a return, but only for a few seconds as it was easily killed by the new character, Nihei. With his knowledge in bear-hunting, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this character next time, hopefully. =)
May 8, 2018 2:37 AM

Aug 2016
New characters appearing, exciting episode. Pleased to see Shinsengumi is finally represented by another name than Okita (well not much choice left since only Nagakura and Saito are officially alive at the time of this story, referring to the history).

Nihei's dog looks like a Shiba breed. I guess I'm the only one thinking that?
一期一会
May 8, 2018 3:05 AM

Aug 2012
HopbeeK said:
New characters appearing, exciting episode. Pleased to see Shinsengumi is finally represented by another name than Okita (well not much choice left since only Nagakura and Saito are officially alive at the time of this story, referring to the history).

Nihei's dog looks like a Shiba breed. I guess I'm the only one thinking that?

It's Hokkaido inu if you are interested
May 8, 2018 3:26 AM

Apr 2015
I think I've said this before but I'm not entirely satisfied with Asirpa's voice acting.
May 8, 2018 3:39 AM

Jul 2016
There are some truly badass characters in this show.
May 8, 2018 4:03 AM

Dec 2016
Sorry about my immaturity but the moment when they drink water out of tree/vines was fun (+nice voice acting ) :/
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
May 8, 2018 4:07 AM

May 2015
I was hoping Shiraishi would be a part of the cast, I hope he's here to stay!

He just slithered his way in to my heart, lol.
May 8, 2018 4:36 AM

Jul 2015
My god, he couldn't have chosen a worst way to slip into that room. That just looked freaking creepy. At the very least, he adds another level of comedy to the anime, and DAMN ASIRPA GETTIN IT WITH THOSE EXPRESSIONS AGAIN. Also love how that one dude just got shoved into the freaking ceiling, thay gonna be freaking great too. So we got General No-Forehead vs Old Man Mafia, vs Some Dude and a 12-Year-Old Girl + Wolf + That Guy Over There... This is gonna be fun.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 8, 2018 7:53 AM
Jan 2017
Swagernator said:
Hinna, hinna.

You and me both. Almost makes me want to watch some.
May 8, 2018 8:20 AM

Oct 2015
Lol, the wolf casually staring at the meat on Sugimoto's face. I said it once, twice, thrice and I'm saying it again. The comedic timings are on-point. Woah, one twin got killed, I wonder if the other one would exact revenge
May 8, 2018 8:47 AM

Sep 2016
This anime is really,really boring. even more than Drifter.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 8, 2018 12:42 PM
Nov 2016
This episode adapted my favourite portion of the manga and it adapted like, 4-5 chapters or something but for some reason, the pacing doesn't bother me much...

They didn't really show Sugimoto handling the guts that clearly but that kinda censorship is fine.

Hijikata seems more badass in the manga but he seems good here too. They adapted Tsurumi pretty well... I am impressed with his seiyuu.

I am not impressed by the animation quality but it's still fine. Next they'll adapt the portion of the manga I found boring but if they keep this pace up, it should be done with pretty soon.
thesarcasticguyMay 8, 2018 12:47 PM
May 8, 2018 3:59 PM

Jul 2010
Definitely liking the antagonists and the factions that are forming in this show so far.
May 8, 2018 7:18 PM
Aug 2014
GoddessofMayhem said:
Swagernator said:
Hinna, hinna.

You and me both. Almost makes me want to watch some.

Me too guys. The setting also reminds me of the movie Ravenous (1999) with Guy Pearce and Robert Carlyle, nice cannibal flick.
May 8, 2018 8:53 PM

Mar 2016
Sugimoto: *eats literally anything* holy fucking shit this is delicious i have never had something so tasty in my life
May 9, 2018 1:07 AM

Nov 2015
Good episode, liked the violence. One twin down…

Immediately thought of Vergo (One Piece character) when Sugimoto had the meat on his face ;)
May 9, 2018 5:29 AM
Oct 2012
They're doing a pretty good job pacing it but I don't get why they haven't put Sugimoto's backstory in yet.
The timing for it has been lost, maybe they just won't put it in at all?

May 9, 2018 4:48 PM

Jan 2013
I'm enjoying this anime so much! Glad that i started watching it.
Sugimoto is really immortal xD Great plan btw!

The comedy in this anime feels so unique and great, love it.
Asirpa face is the best thing that happened to this anime xD

She finally ate poop! I mean....food xD
So, that guy will join their team?

Hinna, hinna, hinna haha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 9, 2018 7:21 PM
Mar 2012
Oh Sugimoto just stole someone's guts to fake a tummy wound, such a beast at fighting.
Rip Special Week... oh wait.
Lol Retar's face like a meme doge. Finally Asirpa appreciates miso, it's quite good. Sugimoto acting like a kid while Asirpa's keeping him safe.
Hijikata headtilt 10/10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2018

91 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Apr 15, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2018

292 by Nilton_Junio »»
Apr 13, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

41 by elviskocho1023 »»
Mar 24, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

24 by Karva1 »»
Mar 16, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

17 by Karva1 »»
Mar 16, 3:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.