Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 6, 2018 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, the competition is really getting fired up now.

The episode is alright but I wish they sped through the first half with the buildup. Still, I am glad that we finally got the revenge match between Akira and Souma. This is one of the rivalries that I looked forward the most considering their talent and personality.

The metaphor of their challenge met my expectations with the boxing. Definitely worth waiting for this episode as Akira is one of my favorite characters in the show.
Stark700May 6, 2018 10:32 AM
May 6, 2018 9:18 AM
Sep 2016
Was a pretty episode
May 6, 2018 10:00 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

We got a quick little flashback on how Hayama ended up as one of Elite Ten.

The Twins are pretty cute and I like how Alice's Dad is the judge as well. He's a pretty doting father though. XD

Wouldn't a fried bear dish be called Fried Bear and not Fried Chicken Bear? xD
Well Hayama did refer to it as Fried Bear at the end so cool I guess. XD

Soma did quite well but how is he gonna stack upto Hayama?
May 6, 2018 10:07 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm Akira joining central was indeed a surprise so i don't blame soma for being curious. So that was Akira's reason huh. The coat trio team is such a catchy title. So its not just Soma but all the rebels that will be facing the e10 huh. The judges for Soma's match though sure was unexpected. Alice's father huh. But he sure is a doting father. The battle between Soma and Akira sure was intense and i loved the allusion to a boxing match. Soma's dish sure looked amazing but im curious to see what Akira has up his sleeve.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2018 10:07 AM

Nov 2016
Hands down best episode so far.

I was looking forward to this since it had one of my favorite moments. Doujimas retelling of the circumstances behind Hayama joining Central and Souma confronting him were done sooo well.

The showdown itself delivered too ,should get even better next week,I'm hyped.

Btw I didn't know that Berta and Sheila are blonde,so that kinda surprised me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 6, 2018 10:21 AM
Apr 2014
Lelouch0202 said:
Wouldn't a fried bear dish be called Fried Bear and not Fried Chicken Bear? xD

its like chicken fried steak
May 6, 2018 10:23 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The twins reaction was hilarious, lol.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 6, 2018 10:33 AM

Aug 2013
this is illegal hnnnngg
May 6, 2018 10:36 AM

Jun 2014
I've always liked the metaphors that are thrown in during the cooking battles, and the one in this episode was pretty good as well.

Souma's dish impressed the judges but now we have to wait and see how it compares to whatever Hayama has up his sleeve.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 6, 2018 10:39 AM
Nov 2017
Best episode of the season so far and it feels like it’s only gonna get better from here . The first episode was also great but other than that the other episodes didn’t have alot of hype to them but this episode delivered and it feels like it’s finally getting into gears . We need more Erina and Alice greatness tho .
May 6, 2018 10:48 AM

Jul 2017
Great episode with a lot of hype going into this for manga readers. The battle was given good time, a major improvement from the 1st cour.
May 6, 2018 10:50 AM

Mar 2016
Seems like the results are gonna come in close.
May 6, 2018 10:59 AM
Feb 2018
anyone knows if this cours is liked in japan ?
May 6, 2018 11:08 AM
Nov 2017
Im honestly sorry to those expecting Yukihira to win against Hayama. Everyone knows that in the Shokugeki universe, "he who serves their dish first, finishes last". Yukihira has no chance XD.
May 6, 2018 11:21 AM

Jul 2015
This is so intense! All-out fight after Hayama and Souma showed all the improvements he made since back then, let's see who ends up becoming the winner.

Gotta love Nassan, he might look menacing, but he sure as hell loves his daughter and wife! And we got some more Dojima manservice, too good.
May 6, 2018 11:25 AM

Nov 2016
Finally the battle is upon us. The reason why Hayami joined Central was revealed. The director played his mind games well.

I think the pacing could be a bit better in the first half. Those ingredients really look top tier. I liked the contrast of using a boxing fight for them, Souma needs his revenge. Soma with a beautiful looking dish. The jury reactions were orgasmic . Can't get enough of that.

Episode ending with Hayama showing his dish. Things look bad for Soma. This episode was entertaining.
May 6, 2018 11:34 AM
Mar 2017
weeew!! just like the prev. episode, I dont know the direction of this episodes is only spending 3 chapter in manga(usually 4 or 5)
well, as a manga reader, I found the only one main reason why this season of Shokugeki no Soma is always panning shots just now. if you asking me what is it, then my answer is : The Soundtrack itself.
Q; why?
me: look at the pans, everytime you see the movement or the explanation or the conversation between the characters are always playing with OST/soundtrack. the OST is very good or better in dramatical vibe than before but it doesn't carrying the humorous vibe from manga because so many cutting and changing the manga panel in anime version, fortunately the animators didn't cut too much the conversation and explanation at the main plot from manga, glad for that.

so,I think "cutting and change" the plotline isn't the same thing with "making the alternative plot"

IMO, IF the animation just keep better than before, manga version is still looks better than anime.

tbh, I don't know the reason about the dropping quality in character visuals but at least the methaphor from the food trivia is bringing up well in this episodes.

ratings : 8,5/10
May 6, 2018 11:59 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
It was an ok episode. We get some insight on what happened to the research facility and Hayama since we last saw him and what Azami did to force him to be part of Central. Then we get their match and the bear food looks dope. Since Soma served first, we'll have to wait and see how Hayama's dish stacks up.
May 6, 2018 12:38 PM

Sep 2014
Nassan such a lucky man.
Domesticated bear girls ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 6, 2018 1:16 PM

Feb 2014
Oh my, Berta & Cilla's foodgasm with the sexy bear-style bikinis was VERY delicious. Naughty, but sexy, I must say! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The pacing for this match, along with the build-up has been very good. We get to see the reason why Hayama joined Central in the first place, with his and Jun's lab being shut down by the sly bastard, Azami.

Apart from the sexy foodgasm, Berta & Cilla were entertaining and cute, from their constant bickering with Kuga, to going lovey-dovey at Yukihira after they tasted his dish.

Nassan, on the other hand, looks like a badass and his foodgasm consists on him striping his upper body while an explosion happens behind him, giving him that GAR vibe. However, he does have a soft side when it came to speaking about his wife, Leonora and his daughter, Alice and be transformed into a doting father, bless him. =)

If the pacing is right, then the conclusion to the match with be shown next week, along with the other matches too. Looking forward to it! =-D
May 6, 2018 1:38 PM

Jan 2017
Dammit, why'd they end on that note. I wanted to see more.
The foodgasms were so good today -those bear bikinis 😏

I'd like try bear meat, but I can't; "why my religion so hard for!" they make it look so good
May 6, 2018 1:47 PM

Apr 2015
Azami is such a prick! Finally got to see Hayama's reason to join central.

Domesticated Bear Girls... We go from Horse Girls to Bear Girls, Spring season has it all... Berta and Cilla were so adorable to watch.

This battle sure is fierce between Hayama and Souma, a tightrope fight where one mistake, can make you lose it all.

Judges seemed very impressed about Souma's dish... but that cliffhanger, gotta wait another week to find out who the better of the two is. Bring it on!

Hopefully we also get to see how the rest of the rebels have done against the other Elite 10 members next week. Best girl Megumi better win!!
May 6, 2018 2:38 PM

Feb 2017
Boy, Nassan really reminds me of Maes Hughes from FMA with his obsession over his wife and daughter :D

Episode was nice, got some backstory on Hayama and their match started. I'd really like to taste bear meat after this. All this talk about that smelly flavour really made me curious.
But Souma sure is brave serving his dish first, when everyone knows that it's a bad omen in the world of SnS :D

When you swim in the sea and an eel bites your knee, that's a moray!
May 6, 2018 2:59 PM

Oct 2011
These battles are so predictable when the stake is expulsion. Obviously the main characters wont be expelled. The winner is always clear before it even begins. Its getting boring imo
May 6, 2018 3:26 PM
Mar 2015
The pedobear exposes our lolis
May 6, 2018 4:41 PM

Oct 2012
Good episode but now we have to wait one more week for resolution and Hayama feels strong...

Good thing Souma still have that sauce of his in the store. And I really wonder how other pairs ends in this struggle.
May 6, 2018 4:50 PM

Jan 2016
That was intense :O But Souma finishing first leaves some uncertainty as Hayama is still confident... The tension is real :P
THANKS SENPIEX
May 6, 2018 4:58 PM

Mar 2012
So Hayama's reason to join Central was due to blackmail by Azami. Souma's revenge match finally begins.
Among those judges, Soue Nakiri sure is a doting father and husband. The twins, which one of them sounds like Umaru, are cute and funny. From their fight with Kuga to the "domesticated" in bear outfit scene.

Quite like the metaphors throughout the match.

Credit to Hihanteki
May 6, 2018 5:23 PM

Dec 2015
"I was forced into an alliance with Azami, and instead of just trying to accomplish my goals. I'm also gonna be a douchebag to everyone, cause why the fuck not?" --- You know what? Fuck this logic, and fuck Hayama too.

More comedy and chibi undermining the drama. More explaining about ingredients, their "history" and all that bullshit. More rambling during cooking. More overreacting bullshit. I just can't anymore...I'm forever done with this anime. Dropped.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 6, 2018 5:49 PM

Mar 2012
Well, this was a strange episode of Hajime no Ippo I just watched but I'm looking forward to the new season!
May 6, 2018 8:06 PM

Jan 2013
Can't believe we will have to wait another week to know who won... But i hope Souma will have his revenge this time.

Normal anime: "Next week you will see how ended the battle"
Shokugeki no Souma: "Next week you will see what dish he cooked" xD

I knew it, Akira would never betray his club.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 6, 2018 8:14 PM

Apr 2016
feels like its been a while since we've had a full-blown hilarious ecchi moments like this LOL
I liked the twins!
I remember when Akira was first introduced I didn't think much of him, its interesting how much affect he's had on the story up to now
May 6, 2018 8:40 PM

Feb 2018
THE TENSION IS REAL. I am glad we get back the tension when cooking match, that's why we like shokugeki no soma. So Nakiri Soue inherit chest-baring from Nakiri Senzaemon but also had troll face like Leonora and Alice
May 6, 2018 9:24 PM

Dec 2017
I was wishing for this kind of episode to come. Classic Shokugeki
May 6, 2018 10:53 PM

Oct 2014
best episode of the series so far!

Also, I'm not sure if the twins are loli or not coz they have a excellent tits.

Vanschia said:
this is illegal hnnnngg

Soma must win this. Never in history that someone makes a comeback from a 0-3
May 6, 2018 11:38 PM
Mar 2017
Oh well oh well this episode is Great and i was really hype last week for this episode to come out and as for this episode is anyone has the same feeling like me which is souma gonna give another twists to his food like when he was in the autumun election match i cant remember what was the match all i remember is that he asks for the judges to eat his food for the 2nd times with his white soup
May 6, 2018 11:44 PM

Sep 2015
Well, Izami is going up against the first seat so I doubt hes gonna get past this stage
May 7, 2018 2:02 AM
Nov 2017
I am really confused whether the hero of this series is yukihira or hayama ..... :/
May 7, 2018 2:29 AM
Jun 2017
Hayama vs Soma battle is AWESOME GREAT!!! and that fried chicken... or shall i say freid bear meat!!! Hahaha and bear burger!!! Hmmm!!! Looks yummy to eat!!! Hahaha
May 7, 2018 3:32 AM

Aug 2013
I demand another episode for the twins. heck, I demand entire season includes the twins!!1

ehem, that said, shouldn't they put Hayama first then soma? I mean, it's like the rules the second one to serve has the better food lol. Then again, they still havent tried Soma's food with the sauce on. probably after they try Hayama dishes and say hayama is better, then Soma gonna say to try his food with the sauce on and then the comeback begins lmao.
May 7, 2018 3:54 AM
Nov 2016
It was a pretty good episode, definitely better than last week's slideshow of an episode but the downgrade in Animation quality from the first season is pretty evident.

Even when I read this part in the manga, I didn't understand why the mangaka made Hayama act like a dick, actually he didn't act like this, like he was still aloof but he feels worse here.
May 7, 2018 4:41 AM

Jul 2012
RemnantMemory said:
I demand another episode for the twins. heck, I demand entire season includes the twins!!1

ehem, that said, shouldn't they put Hayama first then soma? I mean, it's like the rules the second one to serve has the better food lol. Then again, they still havent tried Soma's food with the sauce on. probably after they try Hayama dishes and say hayama is better, then Soma gonna say to try his food with the sauce on and then the comeback begins lmao.

Yep, Hopefully we're wrong because if not this show is going to get very repetitive.

But yeah they're gonna love his until Soma pulls something out of his ass and sticks it on his food. Whatever they bite last always wins so just keep adding shit to the food.
May 7, 2018 7:04 AM

Aug 2017
i think yukihira will lose cause he finished his dish first XD
May 7, 2018 9:46 AM
Aug 2017
thesarcasticguy said:
It was a pretty good episode, definitely better than last week's slideshow of an episode but the downgrade in Animation quality from the first season is pretty evident.

Even when I read this part in the manga, I didn't understand why the mangaka made Hayama act like a dick, actually he didn't act like this, like he was still aloof but he feels worse here.

Do you know which chapters from the manga this is adapted from?
May 7, 2018 9:51 AM
Nov 2016
Sushimaster1999 said:
thesarcasticguy said:

Err... I don't remember exactly. It's difficult to remember exact chapters.
May 7, 2018 11:22 AM

May 2015
Damn, in that quick glimpse of the participants one of the Aldini Bros. is in trouble (he is against the #1 seed)… and talking about being in a pinch I think MC is going to loose again…
May 7, 2018 12:15 PM

Apr 2018
As always, great episode! Plus I loved when the girl judges had on bear bikinis after tasting the sauce/broth from Hayama's dish! So adorable Can't wait for the next one!
May 7, 2018 12:52 PM
Mar 2016

Kawaii, shit these 2 were brain gastronomic experts?

Ok so that why Hayama ended up being Azami's dog, he basically a dog on his leash, shit that damned cliff hanger.
May 7, 2018 12:56 PM

Feb 2017
Sushimaster1999 said:

It's Chapter 184-187

When you swim in the sea and an eel bites your knee, that's a moray!
May 7, 2018 1:31 PM

May 2016
That was a decent episode I wonder if they finish the exam in the next episode.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2018

56 by Beguni »»
Apr 13, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 12 Discussion

nickehhhhhh - Aug 8, 2018

44 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 5:21 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 10 Discussion

tidoesstuff - Aug 9, 2018

27 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 4:14 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2018

92 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2018

130 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.