Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 7, 2018 3:18 PM

Sep 2017
In the first couple of episodes I was far more invested in this anime than I thought I would be. At episode 7 - presumably past the half way point, nothing has changed except my expectations, and they're being met every week. As this one was Tennoushou and the episode title was promise, I'm inclined to believe what Special Week said at the end about still being able to run with Silence, and despite still having some fear of P.A. trying to go tragic, I'm hoping this is as far as they take the RL Silence Suzuka story. A little more drama than usual in this one, but still light enough to keep the balance that's been working so well thus far. I hope it continues this way
May 7, 2018 7:31 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Can't believe that happened. The signs were all there and I still can't believe it. The whole scene where it all happened was really well shot and made overall. The audiences faces and almost instant silence worked great. It was a powerful scene to say the least.

I haven't been this emotionally invested in a show in a while. It's up to Spe-chan to pick up where Suzuka left off.

I also feel like it's kind of weird how we keep getting new random girls in the group. I liked the tight knit group so much better when we first started.

I'd still like this to focus on the other girls too. When will we ever get to see them race? I want to see Velvet, Vodka, and Golden Ship run.
May 7, 2018 9:57 PM

Jul 2014
Spe-chan did a fantastic job covering up for Suzuka... she might've damaged her left leg further. Still I couldn't see it coming, after Suzuka was breezing through to victory this happens...
May 7, 2018 10:07 PM

May 2017
Oh come on, not only that Spe-chan was satisfied with a tie with El Condor she loses again to Seiun Sky and multiple times, fucking pathetic af

My heart was already pounding in the first half of the show coz they keep jinxing Suzuka to lose and I was so sure in the tunnel scene, smfh just go to America already

And to those people crediting Spe-chan, lmao big fucking deal, Suzuka already slowed down

Ryuseishun said:
geezus, man....talk about pulling a Derrick Rose-like moment here in this episode

She is so done tbfh, should just go to America already and try if she'll recover there

CatSoul said:
At least Suzuka didn't die.

One of the animators blatantly has a thing for bloated horse girl bellies.

Racing is life to these girls so she's basically dead
LairucremMay 7, 2018 10:12 PM
May 8, 2018 2:24 AM

Sep 2016
This new eps totally totally fucked me up i had a small feeling something was gonna happen but to see my girl suzuka go down like that had me soo sad she the best horsegirl hands down omga the afterthoughts of them saying "if you fall at fullspeed you could die" shi made me catch goosebumps, get well soon suzuka! I dont want to see her not comeback strong i already seen the struggle comeback with derrick rose was a pain to witness i got high hopes my girl will pull through
Facta Non Verba
May 8, 2018 11:10 AM

Oct 2012
And to think of Spe-chan wasn't fast enough Silence Suzuka would be dog food now.
May 8, 2018 4:05 PM

Apr 2018
This episode shocked me when Suzuka got injured. Even though I do watch real horse racing, I am always shocked and/or horrified when a horse gets injured. Hopefully, she will be able to race again. I believe in her just like Spe-chan does! Can't wait for the next episode!
May 9, 2018 6:04 AM

Oct 2008
the inevitable happened...this is gonna be BAD!
oh man! Silence Shizuka you are at the pinnacle of supremacy! well i guess being too fast and going that sudden boost has risk factors...
5/5.

May 9, 2018 9:14 AM

Nov 2011
I had a bad feeling before I started the episode, I did not want to believe at the end of the episode that what I felt would come true. What happens in the Suzuka tunnel was a clear warning of misfortune but I thought it would make the atmosphere of the race much more compelling. I am very satisfied that this anime series, has shown a different aspect from the usual, I can say that has raised the quality level of the plot. Mejiro's reaction is funny after what the coach tells him at the end of the training to get to the inn, I did not expect it. I look forward to the next episode with impatience.
May 9, 2018 12:09 PM

Nov 2011
If you didn't cry during this episode, google Silence Suzuka and get back to me.

Damn I cried so hard at the end of this episode. T_T
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 9, 2018 11:47 PM

Jan 2018
I know this gonna happen, because i've read info about some real life horses in this anime, including silence suzuka and special week.

So, P.A works now still follow the real life story, but will they follow it furthermore ? If that happen then we must say goodbye to our best horsegirl (because in real life, after this tennoshou injury, she will die). But remember, this anime is based on game so i think that's a bad idea for the market, think about it P.A Works.

Ehem... at least we know how friendly the atmosphere in team spica.
"Happy Ramadhan for those who celebrate it. I hope this year's Ramadhan bring goodness for you life" -(TsuzukuHunter 2018)
May 10, 2018 4:00 AM

Jul 2015
Fatty lost another race, and once again, I find myself worried about Suzuka, still worried about a possible injury... It's why I took so long to watch this episode. Guess if it didn't happen last week, this was the week it had to happen. Glad it wasn't that bad though.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 12, 2018 3:47 AM

Mar 2016
Man, that was hard to watch. I want she to win but can she even race again?
Aug 8, 2018 5:00 PM

May 2012
When her shoe lace went undone I already expected something was going to happen... didn't expect a fracture though. I do hope she'll heal properly! Looking forwards to see what's next.
Jul 23, 2019 5:25 AM

Jun 2016
aw suzuka :((( I got so into it, she was literally flying and then this happens..
Jun 26, 2020 5:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A bit obvious but it was still really sad for Suzuka :/ Special Week is so kind with her
Dec 30, 2020 2:32 AM

Aug 2019
man as soon as I saw her shoe malfunction in the tunnel I knew something was going to happen, I’m glad it was just a fracture since I was thinking she was going to trip and end up dealing more damage to herself
Jan 5, 2021 4:07 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah shit, Spe-chan lost again. Poor you. Lol. They actually still had two more races before Suzuka-chan leaving the country. So, the Japan Cup, end of the year race, will be the stage for Suzuka-chan to felt the last intensity. Spe-chan, ofc didn't wanna left out that chance. She wanted to participate too. Thanks for Trainer-san kindness, and karma, they both had a chance to racing together, for the last time. Meanwhile, Rigil team preparing themself very well done in the background.

At the day of the race. Suzuka-chan still showed her potency to be the best horse girls at the moment. She passed them out very far away, until something happened. She forced herself too hard, too fast and furious. She didn't realized its burden her left foot with that kind of dash, until she broke it down. Poor you. Idk why, but that lucky charm kinda decided something bad for Suzuka-chan. But, as a promise, they might've still racing together, for the sake of a good end. I guess, those lucky charm actually brought her down, into the equal terms to Spe-chan. Nice setup for the end cup.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 15, 2021 11:50 AM

Feb 2020
I didn't expect that to happen. That was shocking. Poor Suzuka. :( I hope she will be able to race again and make her dreams come true.

SerafosDec 8, 2022 12:05 PM
May 3, 2021 7:44 AM

Jan 2017
The inn training part is sweet, too bad Spe-chan's wish is granted by nerfing Suzuka :p
May 30, 2023 3:00 PM

Oct 2019
i was almost jumping in my seat watching suzuka running at top speed leaving everyone in the dust! but fuck what happend to her left me in shock im still shocked writing this...
and special week running to her and crying for her got me all emotional almost cried a little myself TwT

Feb 19, 1:28 PM
Feb 2021
Damn, at least they don't get put down like real horses.
Yesterday, 11:51 PM

Aug 2019
did she fracture her leg because of the strap? or because she was straight up going too fast
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27, 2018

23 by HiljainenSipuli »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2018

55 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Today, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2018

45 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Today, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2018

74 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Yesterday, 6:28 PM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2018

72 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Yesterday, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.