Aug 2017
mcrta_weeb said:
ItzYaBoiSatan said:

wow u just get smarter and smarter
get a life please or respond something better if you have to respond

i have a life...if i didn't i wouldn't be here...i guess you're not that smart
May 8, 2018 6:23 PM

Feb 2015

Take it from the guy engaging with the most salty and ineloquent people on this thread. Unless the person says something stupid or something you can easily tear down, ignore them. Trading insults, or even acknowledging their insults without having an avenue to publicly tear down and hang up obvious backwards thinking for everyone to see is a waste of energy. When some idiot insults you for your opinion, you don't even have to waste your energy telling them they're an idiot because everyone you would care about knowing that can already see it.
May 9, 2018 6:06 AM

Sep 2014
Yautja said:
Hrybami said:

You don't seem to realize that you don't even input opinion at all. You just point out things and apply your logic to it to make it seems like it's a fact. While the only justification you give is that you're an expert. In other word you say: Dude, trust me. It's sad because you won't accept other's opinion for the only reason that they didn't apply to your logic. And you even brought perception as it could prove something objectively. You barely even make sense yourself.

One other thing. Just because someone doesn't provide reasoning to his claim doesn't mean he fail to prove his stances. We're on a forum about anime, not in a courthouse. There's no obligation for anyone to write an essay each time someone want to express his opinion. Not everyone is interested to demonstrate each abstract concept of a show just for bringing some sort of justification of an opinion. Justification that are, and I really need to say that, are just as much subjective than the opinion itself. You better just accommodate to that or you should leave because your long-ass rant is mostly annoying and arrogant rather than contributing to the thread.

People like you should know where your place is.

Except I do and I have. My opinion is everywhere if you bothered to actually read what I said. It's annoying to have to reiterate every point I've made because someone doesn't care enough to read the entire conversation before making an informed comment. But, since I'm bothering to spend my time responding, I'll do so properly.

My opinion. I do not like the show. The show is bad. I think the romance is poorly done, the attraction between the two was haphazard. It came out of no where. The story is unoriginal. The entirety that this show can be broken down to is Hot dangerous guy tries to overcome his dangerous nature for shy beautiful girl.

The facts. The animation is bad. There is no arguing this. Look at the fight scenes. Look at the background characters. It's colored very flatly, meaning that torso, face, pants, hair are all mono colored. There is no shading, no mixing. It also stutters and jumps around. The animation is of a decent quality only during very simple slow scenes. That is because this requires less effort to make such scenes high quality as the changes are minimal changes as compared to a fight scene which are very dynamic and change a lot. The side characters also lack attention. Look at the bartender's mouth during the latest episode. It's awful. Look at the attacking vampire's animation.
The Voice Acting is bad. The background characters are all very monotonous, and again during scenes which require emotion or realism it falls short. The fight scenes or pain scenes sound forced and poorly done. Such as when Anzai is suffering or a random Vamp is attacking. Regular speaking scenes are pretty regular, but scenes which require effort are not.
The story is not special. No matter how you look at it. I cannot find one aspect that seems completely original or well done. The main girl fell in love with a guy who she met once or twice who randomly shows up on her balcony and attacked her. This is not likely, and does not provide a reason. Just that she did. The only possible reason is that he saved her from being raped and murdered by her serial killer rapist friend. The only problem with that is he subsequently attacked her. The story's template is common. Beauty and the Beast. Vampire and Girl. So far, there is no bigger plot than their relationship. As such, as things stand, the story is not special, it is not original. It is not high quality.

Yes, that's exactly what it means. Someone can say they believe something, or that something is true. That's fine, but if he doesn't provide reasoning or facts to back that, he did not prove it, only that he believes it. I'm not going to believe it. I'm not saying people have to do this in all situations. But if they want me or others to believe something as truth they do, they have to provide reasons and facts. I'm not going to blindly believe something I'm not given adequate reason or support to believe. It's not about demonstrating abstract concepts, it's about properly expressing and vocalizing your opinions, and backing them with reason and facts. If you don't do this fine. But failing to do so results in them failing to achieve their purpose. Finally, justifications, are not subjective if done properly. To justify something is to provide reasoning or prove correctness. If it is done properly it is accepted. Justifications that one does not agree with but must be accepted exist. An easy example would be the US election. The popular vote vs the electoral vote. If a someone wins the popular vote but not the electoral, even though they are the most voted for, they are not president due to the system set in place. That is a justification. Not your poor attempt at misrepresenting my arguments by lying and saying my only justification is my education.

You see, you confuse rant with explanation. Addressing every aspect of a persons statement and properly forming your own is scarcely short. A rant is also done by someone angry or passionate. I don't think you've been reading properly if you interpret my responses as rants. I've not been "shouting" as much as one can via text, excessively swearing, name calling, insulting or doing other such common things in rants as you or most of the people I've been responding to. Also, if you want 'proof' of my schooling or 'expertise', which is a word I used to mock a poor attempt at disregarding my statements similar to yours, I'd be happy to answer any questions or provide my location of schooling, and courses.

There is nothing more arrogant than telling a person to know their place, so instead I'll tell you to actually give me a reason to believe anything you said, and then I'll care.

What a pointless wall of text consisting of meaningless talks. There are so much things you're doing wrong that I don't know where to give my head to. I obviously won't bother mentioning everything you did wrong and explain why, but I'll at least give you some tips: Just stop saying people don't bother reading you. People have read you and mostly already noticed that your text is worthless since it's just attempt to make objective reasoning of 50% obvious things nobody cares and 50% just your opinion also nobody cares. I don't even want to start with why an anime can't be judged objectively, I'll just ignore it for today. Otherwise, a justification is still subjective since everyone give their own justification to their reasoning. So who cares if a reasoning comes with their justification if they are just as much subjective? The fact that you intended to prove all your reasoning previously and still, not everyone agreed with you is a proof that they don't bring much more credibility to your claims. The reason is that we're not here trying to find a culprit, but just discussing an ensemble of abstract things known as an anime. It's totally pointless to argue about "facts" when evaluating a show under criteria which doesn't contain any. They are matter of perspective, thus they can't be less subjective.

If you still want to do it, then go ahead and continue to give pointless justification to your opinion. Nobody is against that as long as you don't start crying when someone refuse to give their own justification. It's your right if you don't believe people, but at least understand that not everyone believe what you say either no matter how amazing your justifications are. No matter how amazing the justification that a certain coffee brand is better than the other. If I like the other brand more, I will still prefer that brand afterwards.

I don't know, you're like the combination of every type of characters I dislike in this world. I'm actually having a hard time believing you're real. You constantly make false assumptions about your interlocutors. You completely miss the point we make because a word is misused. You just try to be as much arrogant or annoying as possible. I don't even watch this anime. I just happened to read you here and it was an exhausting experience enough to push me to say something. I just wanted to say to you to know your place. And I'm saying this as an irl advice. I've seen many people like you who boosted their ego like that and the mistake they make is that they do not know who they are talking to and it happens that some of them are their boss, their superiors or just people with significantly better expertise than them. And this never end well in those situations. Knowledge should always come with wisdom. You won't see a doctor looking down to their patients because they neglect their health. When I said know your place, I referred to if you are actually really that smart, then stop looking down on people and start to act adequately. Because, here, you were losing all your credibility and that is the exact reason why people are having a hard time believing you and taking you seriously. You see, if you don't accompany your knowledge with enough wisdom, then your knowledge means absolutely nothing.

If you want to be useful here and spend time writing things people will eagerly read, I suggest you to explore the themes the anime have to offer. There are so much things to discuss about in anime other than show is shit or show is gud. There are so many interesting topics to talk about in anime and I believe they are times more worth spending upon rather than focusing on these matter of perspectives or justification of reasoning nobody truly care.

Or you still can be a douchebag and continue mocking people here if that's really what make you happy. But then, you'd just continue to lose all your credibility.
May 9, 2018 10:07 AM

Jul 2015
Yautja said:

Take it from the guy engaging with the most salty and ineloquent people on this thread. Unless the person says something stupid or something you can easily tear down, ignore them. Trading insults, or even acknowledging their insults without having an avenue to publicly tear down and hang up obvious backwards thinking for everyone to see is a waste of energy. When some idiot insults you for your opinion, you don't even have to waste your energy telling them they're an idiot because everyone you would care about knowing that can already see it.
I'm confused if you're against me or the other user?
May 9, 2018 10:07 AM

Jul 2015
ItzYaBoiSatan said:
mcrta_weeb said:
get a life please or respond something better if you have to respond

If you had a life you'd do something else than go on MAL and watch anime all the time
May 9, 2018 10:50 AM

Aug 2017
mcrta_weeb said:
ItzYaBoiSatan said:

If you had a life you'd do something else than go on MAL and watch anime all the time

you just made no sense...if i didn't have life i'd be dead buried under the ground but im alive so im on MAL and also i dont watch anime on MAL i just look or register anime. get yo shit right
May 9, 2018 11:21 AM

Feb 2015

You didn't explain anything I did wrong, and you and others are proof contrary to the statement that what I say is read as a lot of your and other peoples statements ignore or miss things I've already addressed. Every statement you made you didn't provide any justification for, ironically. You literally and I quote "won't bother" or "ignore" providing any credence to every claim you made. You didn't explain how justification is subjective when I explained the contrary, you didn't explain how what I'm doing is wrong when I explained otherwise, you didn't mention how what I'm doing is wrong when I have explained why it isn't. All you've done is claim it's pointless or wrong without providing any reason to believe you.
It's also ridiculous to think everyone will agree with you regardless of how right one is, the fact that flat earth conspiracy theorists exists is the greatest evidence to that. Almost everything can be judged objectively, that's the reasons why series live or die, why products and brands grow or shrink. And if you think anything doesn't contain any facts, you're delusional. Of course this anime contains facts. How much it cost to make, how much time was spent on each scene, how skilled the workers are, how most people rate the quality of animation, audio, story, etc, etc.

It's no more pointless to yours, as I have actually given justifications, whereas you have not. All you and the others have I argued against have done is claim your opinion as truth or and completely subjective and insult me. Whether by saying I'm crying or ranting, things which aren't true and cannot be proven to be true by you, even though you wouldn't bother putting in the effort to doing so. Your analogy falls short. All that analogy proves if your preference for said brand, not that it is any better or worse.

You keep claiming I'm making false assumptions or false reasoning but neither you nor anyone else have given an example. You just make claim after claim with no proof. Ironically, your attempt at justifying your arrogant statement of know your place fails because you don't know who I am or what I know, so I could easily turn that statement around on you and say, perhaps I am your boss, your superior or a person with significantly better expertise. Lord knows I've actually given reasons for it to be believed as opposed to you. And how am I looking down on people? I'm explaining my position, backing it up and saying you aren't. And even if I was looking down on you, why shouldn't I, when all you do is insult me and fail to back your claims? You keep going on and on about credibility, wisdom, etc, etc but you have not once provided backing to any of your statements.

You'e reading pretty eagerly considering I'm eliciting such a long winded, albeit wrong response. Again, give me a reason to believe anything you said, and then I'll care. Because as things stand, not once in your response did I you give any reason or justification to believe or care about what you said.
May 9, 2018 11:59 AM

Sep 2014
Yautja said:

You didn't explain anything I did wrong, and you and others are proof contrary to the statement that what I say is read as a lot of your and other peoples statements ignore or miss things I've already addressed. Every statement you made you didn't provide any justification for, ironically. You literally and I quote "won't bother" or "ignore" providing any credence to every claim you made. You didn't explain how justification is subjective when I explained the contrary, you didn't explain how what I'm doing is wrong when I explained otherwise, you didn't mention how what I'm doing is wrong when I have explained why it isn't. All you've done is claim it's pointless or wrong without providing any reason to believe you.
It's also ridiculous to think everyone will agree with you regardless of how right one is, the fact that flat earth conspiracy theorists exists is the greatest evidence to that. Almost everything can be judged objectively, that's the reasons why series live or die, why products and brands grow or shrink. And if you think anything doesn't contain any facts, you're delusional. Of course this anime contains facts. How much it cost to make, how much time was spent on each scene, how skilled the workers are, how most people rate the quality of animation, audio, story, etc, etc.

It's no more pointless to yours, as I have actually given justifications, whereas you have not. All you and the others have I argued against have done is claim your opinion as truth or and completely subjective and insult me. Whether by saying I'm crying or ranting, things which aren't true and cannot be proven to be true by you, even though you wouldn't bother putting in the effort to doing so. Your analogy falls short. All that analogy proves if your preference for said brand, not that it is any better or worse.

You keep claiming I'm making false assumptions or false reasoning but neither you nor anyone else have given an example. You just make claim after claim with no proof. Ironically, your attempt at justifying your arrogant statement of know your place fails because you don't know who I am or what I know, so I could easily turn that statement around on you and say, perhaps I am your boss, your superior or a person with significantly better expertise. Lord knows I've actually given reasons for it to be believed as opposed to you. And how am I looking down on people? I'm explaining my position, backing it up and saying you aren't. And even if I was looking down on you, why shouldn't I, when all you do is insult me and fail to back your claims? You keep going on and on about credibility, wisdom, etc, etc but you have not once provided backing to any of your statements.

You'e reading pretty eagerly considering I'm eliciting such a long winded, albeit wrong response. Again, give me a reason to believe anything you said, and then I'll care. Because as things stand, not once in your response did I you give any reason or justification to believe or care about what you said.

No kid, the reason you don't believe me is not because I don't provide justification or reasons. You don't believe me because you got a serious ego problem and you try to hide your incompetence in understanding people's perspective in your meaningless talks. You have absolutely nothing to say and nothing you will say is either interesting or meaningful. I have nothing to learn from a kid who don't know who he is and pretend to know who I am. I have no time to waste on such hopeless scumbag who seriously need to fix his ego issue first.

Come talk to me if you have something interesting or intelligent to say. My advice has already been told to your innocent existence. I have nothing more to say to you. Now, go learn what it is to live in this world.
May 9, 2018 12:10 PM

Feb 2015

Oh look, another hallmark of arrogance from the person claiming me to be arrogant, calling me a child. You can't really tell me why I don't believe something if you don't provide a good reason. Which is the reason I don't believe anything you've said. All you do is insult, insult and insult some more and try to prod me into giving an emotional response because you know that is the only way I'll say something you can actually give reasoning or justification to me being wrong. Because as things stand you've failed to prove any of your stances to any significant amount, and have failed to disprove mine, or even really attempted.

I have plenty to say, and I have said plenty given how much I've written, whether or not it's meaningful or interesting is only for you to decide in your perspective unless, again, you provide a reason for me to believe otherwise. See, now that is a justification, saying you have nothing to learn from someone who is a child. Though it's fallacious as you can often learn more from children than anyone else, and ironically, it's you pretending to know who I am. I don't know who you are, have not acted as if I know or even really care. Though, I'm pretty confident as to my identity. Please, do keep insulting me and prove my point further.

It's ironic, the more you speak the more you prove my point. Every statement you make fails to provide backing, and continues to get more and more emotional and attacks me even further. I like how you've all but abandoned guise of humility and have turned into an all out angry bully.
YautjaMay 9, 2018 12:20 PM
May 9, 2018 12:31 PM

Sep 2014
Yautja said:

Oh look, another hallmark of arrogance from the person claiming me to be arrogant, calling me a child. You can't really tell me why I don't believe something if you don't provide a good reason. Which is the reason I don't believe anything you've said. All you do is insult, insult and insult some more and try to prod me into giving an emotional response because you know that is the only way I'll say something you can actually give reasoning or justification to me being wrong. Because as things stand you've failed to prove any of your stances to any significant amount, and have failed to disprove mine, or even really attempted.

I have plenty to say, and I have said plenty given how much I've written, whether or not it's meaningful or interesting is only for you to decide in your perspective unless, again, you provide a reason for me to believe otherwise. See, now that is a justification, saying you have nothing to learn from someone who is a child. Though it's fallacious as you can often learn more from children than anyone else, and ironically, it's you pretending to know who I am. I don't know who you are, have not acted as if I know or even really care. Though, I'm pretty confident as to my identity. Please, do keep insulting me and prove my point further.

It's ironic, the more you speak the more you prove my point. Every statement you make fails to provide backing, and continues to get more and more emotional and attacks me even further. I like how you've all but abandoned guise of humility and have turned into an all out angry bully.

Sorry I don't feed the trolls. You're not worthy enough to spend my time upon. That's it for today kid.
May 9, 2018 12:34 PM

Feb 2015

Pot meet kettle, you made a good attempt. It's good to know you can only stall for so long before you make the unprovable and ironic claim that I am the troll.
May 9, 2018 12:35 PM

Jul 2015
ItzYaBoiSatan said:
mcrta_weeb said:

you just made no sense...if i didn't have life i'd be dead buried under the ground but im alive so im on MAL and also i dont watch anime on MAL i just look or register anime. get yo shit right
you're so stupid wtf??? You cant read and you dont know what "get a life" means just stfu or you'll look dumber
May 9, 2018 12:57 PM

Aug 2017
mcrta_weeb said:
ItzYaBoiSatan said:

you're so stupid wtf??? You cant read and you dont know what "get a life" means just stfu or you'll look dumber

you can't get a life your parents give you life...you call me stupid while you're being stupider by getting mad and not knowing how life works...you are very uneducated little child
May 9, 2018 1:06 PM

Jul 2015
ItzYaBoiSatan said:
mcrta_weeb said:

you can't get a life your parents give you life...you call me stupid while you're being stupider by getting mad and not knowing how life works...you are very uneducated little child
Jesus Christ do you have basic understanding of slang in the English language? Maybe you're autistic
May 9, 2018 1:13 PM

Aug 2017
mcrta_weeb said:
ItzYaBoiSatan said:

Jesus Christ do you have basic understanding of slang in the English language? Maybe you're autistic

wow what wrong did autistic people do to you? being autistic is sad lucky im not but being someone like you is even sadder. You are very uneducated go back to school lill child internet is no place for u
May 9, 2018 1:15 PM

Jul 2015
ItzYaBoiSatan said:
mcrta_weeb said:

wow what wrong did autistic people do to you? being autistic is sad lucky im not but being someone like you is even sadder. You are very uneducated go back to school lill child internet is no place for u
DUDE SHUT UP go outside or something!!
May 9, 2018 1:17 PM

Aug 2017
mcrta_weeb said:
ItzYaBoiSatan said:

well first im not talking im typing and thank you for the offer but its night for me and there is nothing to do. I believe you should tho
May 9, 2018 1:35 PM

Jul 2015
ItzYaBoiSatan said:
mcrta_weeb said:

well first im not talking im typing and thank you for the offer but its night for me and there is nothing to do. I believe you should tho
I do every day thanks very much
May 10, 2018 2:04 AM

Feb 2017
ItzYaBoiSatan said:

ROFLMAO
Omfg, I cant response anything to a person who dont even know get a life means. I cant believe it xD .
Are you playing dumb? consider all your post is only to attack others and taking this whole discussion seriously.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
May 10, 2018 3:34 AM

Sep 2014
Yautja said:

Pot meet kettle, you made a good attempt. It's good to know you can only stall for so long before you make the unprovable and ironic claim that I am the troll.

If you're not a troll and didn't yet realized you're trying to pull me in that game of yours, then sorry you must just be a soulless puppet of your own ego complex. If you don't see that your social issue is hindering our conversation in not allowing you to grasp any message I give to you, then I may only suggest you to fix your own problems as fast as possible because I'm not interested in discussing with someone who lack basics common sense in conversation in order to follow up what I say.

You see, your replies look all really similar and they seriously require abridgement. I skim over what you say and there are literally 3 or 4 meaningful lines which actually contain contextual messages or connotations. Everything else you say is completely obsolete since I can grasp what you're trying to say in that several lines. Saying that you need me to clarify everything I say is just inviting me to ignore my previous points and to move on defining every single terms and bring them in a logical context. That's totally pointless for two reasons: Whatever the justification I could give, my justification will always remain subjective because that's what they are (And you won't acknowledge my justification because you have already yours), and also because that's literally not necessary to explain everything and you just try to evade facing what I say by pretending I didn't pull out enough justification. Actually, you just don't want to grasp the messages or to understand the connotation I made and that's a really infantile behaviour which I never encourage. Also, if you always react like that when someone says something which goes against your so-called "fact", then I have no motivation in discussing why I think you're wrong. I don't want to waste my time on someone who is fuck-all receptive to other opinion due to his ego complex and only trust on these questionable theories. So that's why I don't bother justifying everything I say. Understand it, or get lost. Don't blame me, blame your own ego complex instead.

And your replies also is consisting of some rant or crying or I don't know what I should call it. However that's not important since you don't even grasp the essence of the words I utilize so why should I bother? And I seriously won't care whatever you'll say, I've not even started explaining everything you're saying wrong and I don't think I'll do given how inapt you are in holding conversation. And that's not like if I've something to learn from you either. Nothing you've said have brought something new or is even remotely interesting, but is rather just some naive theories which make absolutely no sense and have no other purpose than to make you appear smarter to people who don't notice how nonsensical your text is. I'm suspecting that you write intentionally bad and incoherent things just for the sake of being provocative. I don't really know to be honest.

In conclusion, I suggest you to work on yourself if you have the will and the capacity. Otherwise, you should know your place and refrain doing this again in the future. I wish you good luck in your future career, you'll undoubtedly need it.
KryzakamiHrybamiMay 10, 2018 12:52 PM
May 10, 2018 3:59 AM

Nov 2017
Yautja said:
You don't know how well educated I am on animation and audio. Ironically I am an 'expert' to a degree. I study computer systems, digital processing and computer generated art and animation at college. So I do in fact have a fucking clue what I am talking about. The fact that to you discussing the quality of video invalidates my 'credibility' proves my point. As @EGOIST said. You're not looking for an answer or discussion. Merely a mutual jerkoff session to validate your views in the presence of others. Because lord knows you have no confidence in your beliefs when you're alone.

You're so insecure with your taste that all you can do is try to attack me and poorly change the subject or argue semantics. I also don't think you're in any position to argue objectivity. That word probably doesn't fit into your narrow frame of mind. You don't even have faith in your opinions, because your entire response focuses on me. Not what I said. Not the show. Me. You can't muster up the confidence to challenge my statements or speak your own.

You also seem to have an awful inferiority complex. The world doesn't give a shit what you like. You're free to enjoy whatever you want. But when you start insulting people and behave like a cry bully because some disagrees with you or calls out your bullshit, your true self shows. Weak. Insecure. And afraid. You won't accept any challenge head on because you don't have the balls to defend your opinions with facts and logic. All you can do is scream and cry and hope people will tire of dealing with you and leave. Because that shallow 'victory' is the only kind you can achieve.

Dude... you are literally arguing with what are, pretty obviously, angsty tweens on the internet.

Put down the keyboard and walk away, no one over the age of 20 has any business here.
May 10, 2018 3:22 PM

Feb 2015

Try again, you've said nothing new and nothing that I have not already addressed.
May 10, 2018 11:30 PM

Oct 2015
evoniee said:
ItzYaBoiSatan said:

ROFLMAO
Omfg, I cant response anything to a person who dont even know get a life means. I cant believe it xD .
Are you playing dumb? consider all your post is only to attack others and taking this whole discussion seriously.
he's obviously trolling, the minute I've read that you have to have a certain amount of anime watch to have an opinion justifies my claim. Probably best not to bother.

Seems like this thread has gone too far, I'd like to report it but I feel bad to see the other user's efforts on their novels lol
May 11, 2018 2:00 AM

Feb 2017
EGOIST said:
evoniee said:

ROFLMAO
he's obviously trolling, the minute I've read that you have to have a certain amount of anime watch to have an opinion justifies my claim. Probably best not to bother.

Seems like this thread has gone too far, I'd like to report it but I feel bad to see the other user's efforts on their novels lol

i knew it, im already done with him.
he is trolling while making himself look dumb to others, i dont understand lmao.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
May 14, 2018 11:10 PM
Jan 2018
mcrta_weeb said:
It's genuinely the worst anime I've ever seen

So it's worse than Citrus?
May 15, 2018 12:54 AM
Dec 2017
Everyone has different opinions so some are going to like it while others may not. I like this anime but I have picked up on a few issues. So far, they're only sound and animation/art. Other than that, the anime's good in my opinion.

Also, I think it takes a lot for me to call an anime "bad" whereas other people can just dislike a show for only a few reasons. I watch anime for entertainment (and some other reasons of course) so this might get in the way of me noticing the issues that a show has. And usually, even if there are flaws, I still watch it anyway most of the time. The only way I can drop a show is if there's absolutely nothing (or very little) to keep me watching it. The only way I can call a show "bad" is if it has enough to keep me from enjoying it. And, right now, I have a certain something that allows me to watch Devils Line. It must be doing something right.
May 15, 2018 1:43 AM
Apr 2018
I really enjoy this show but I can actually understand why it can be bad to other people who cannot help but focus on the surface of it. I enjoy it because of the emotions, and how the characters have connections. I especially love how the main character chooses to get to know someone as a person instead of knowing what they are and where they came from. She likes to know peoples true selves and connect with them and then she wants to know about things regarding the past with Anzai after she has decided to be beside him no matter what. Anzai is also special himself because he is actually pretty honest with his feelings compared to most cliched male characters that have the role of the beast. So the reason why I love it is that it has a uniqueness with how the good-natured characters treat each other despite the hardship and they deal with things a certain way, I am so engrossed in the personalities and the characters lives and decisions, that I could honestly care less about the animation and quality of, because TO ME in my mind the relationships and sentiments and the discussion of human nature and even the cruelty of the human majority presented in this show, even that adds something and I love it. That's why I enjoy it. But If were to focus entirely on the things that make this show bad, then, to be honest, I'd feel the same I would actually say it is trash, but because of my sentimental personality and what I look for in both entertainment and in comfort this show provides, because I also love the bit of bloodiness and horror. Dark fantasy gets me good and this is the only dark fantasy with romance that doesn't seem AS "shoujofied" (iguesslol to me at least) as almost any other romantic dark fantasy anime. Feel free to be on any side you are on with your opinion I won't get offended because people will always be entitled to their opinion and I don't hate that in fact I love it because it challenges thought and I am okay with that.
May 15, 2018 9:00 AM
Oct 2014
I don't get this "animation quality doesn't matter" argument. For some people it's very distracting to see bad animation when you're just trying to immerse yourself into the story. It's obvious that the quality of animation is not great, but to me personally it's still tolerable. When it comes to sound there are some problems (they seem to be using pretty bad quality microphones), but personally I don't get distracted because of it.

Bigger problem for me was the pacing of the story, but it seems they've finally fixed it in episode 5. Before that it was very hard for me to believe in relationship between Anzai and Tsukasa. I think characters are good, but their relationships need a little more time to develope. Wouldn't call this show bad right now, but it's not great either.
May 15, 2018 9:02 AM

Sep 2017
I agree this show will be remembered in 1500 years as the pinnacle of art only matched by shakespeare and William Faulkner.
RafaelPereira97May 15, 2018 9:22 AM
May 15, 2018 1:58 PM

Jul 2015
JutlandAngel said:
mcrta_weeb said:
It's genuinely the worst anime I've ever seen

So it's worse than Citrus?
honestly yes but just by a tiny bit because at least Citrus had decent art and animation...I guess
May 15, 2018 1:59 PM

Jul 2015
Just imagine being the star of Attack on Titan and Violet Evergarden and then starring in this shit lol
May 19, 2018 4:56 PM

May 2009
Because it doesn't follow the manga page for page and is a Twilight copy simply because it's a vampire romance story. At least that's what I've been getting from these comments the past seven weeks.

I like it though.
Aug 21, 2018 2:31 PM
Dec 2014
Holy shit this thread is a mess, people giving arguments on why the show is either bad or good and the opposers just flinging insults with no arguments on their own and being 12 year olds basically.
Aug 22, 2018 8:06 AM
Jun 2016
PureAgiMaxReborn said:
EGOIST said:
@TsundeReaper , seems like @Yautja post does have some truth to it. You're baselesly calling someone an elitist just because he doesn't like the same shit you like basically proves that last paragraph of his. It's not even trying to act smart. smh

I'm no animation expert as well but you can really see how clunky the animation is. Have you seen that Vampire running animation on the first episode? Freaking awful. Of course animation isn't everything, it's basically a supplement but then again, the romance in this anime feels really forced. I've watched my fair share of shoujo as well but the relationship between the two feels unnatural as what Yautja has already said. I don't really see any chemistry between them.

If you want real hidden gems that are pretty solid in actuality this season, there's Gurazeni or even Dorei-ku. I can appreciate low-rated anime too but this one's honestly just bad.

Whatever floats your boat I guess

Again, this is no high budget show, this level of animation is just to be expected of this, you'd just make yourself look like a fool if uses an animation quality argument for it. "truth" lol how can you not see how opinionated his biased argument is? I'm mind blown by you tbfh
In realy sick of seing people talk about budget when talking about Animation, good Animation is made by people with talent and not by more or Lewd money, its one of the most stupid arguments i have ever seen. If i have to take a example, One Punch Man had a Pretty much average budget, but the Animation was Amazing... Why? becouse the people whare good at their job
Aug 22, 2018 8:34 AM

May 2015
Dude writes an entire book in this thread to try and justify why he thinks his opinions are facts. lol

Aug 22, 2018 2:32 PM

Aug 2017
I appreciate and respect your opinion. But....

No. This show is bad:

1) The romance is shit.

2) Bad animation.

3) Generic villains.

4) The pacing is too fast.

5) The show didn't try new things. It just a mix between Tokyo Ghoul and Twilight.

6) Annoying characters.

I didn't read the manga but many people told me that is a bad adaptation.
NurguburuAug 22, 2018 2:35 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 27, 2018 2:38 PM
Dec 2015
Nurguburu said:

No. This show is bad:

1) The romance is shit.

2) Bad animation.

3) Generic villains.

5) The show didn't try new things. It just a mix between Tokyo Ghoul and Twilight.

6) Annoying characters.

^ this.

I've ended the episode 2 but It's a drop for sure, only the idea of keep watching this shit makes me sick
Nov 27, 2018 6:35 PM

May 2017
Alioune said:
Nurguburu said:

No. This show is bad:

1) The romance is shit.

2) Bad animation.

3) Generic villains.

6) Annoying characters.

^ this.

I've ended the episode 2 but It's a drop for sure, only the idea of keep watching this shit makes me sick

I just realize my response to that one was deleted, he probably snitch to his friend mod or something

Okay, right back at you, I respect and appreciate your opinion... But

You're very opinionated

1. The romantic build up is sublime, so I dunno what you're talking about, you should stay with SAO and Twilight coz you obviously never seen a good romantic build up

2. Again, animation is of no factor to the story, this is a low budget show and you shouldn't be judged bcoz of its animation

3. Just your opinion, and you've exposed yourself here, how can you say that when the villains were hardly being revealed

4. You played yourself here yet again, you said so yourself you didn't read the manga but you're acting like you know it's canon pace lol nice try but it's a back to back epic fail for you

5. Dumb comparison, TG is hardly a romance or at least it didn't focused much on the romance aspect

6. Ofc another opinion, I'm actually surprised you put this at last, this is the epitome of an opinion

You see it's very easy for you to spout your subjective arguments but I'm gonna return it with objective arguments

Facts > your opinions
LairucremNov 27, 2018 6:38 PM
Nov 27, 2018 6:47 PM

May 2017
Wellington88B said:
PureAgiMaxReborn said:

Again, this is no high budget show, this level of animation is just to be expected of this, you'd just make yourself look like a fool if uses an animation quality argument for it. "truth" lol how can you not see how opinionated his biased argument is? I'm mind blown by you tbfh
In realy sick of seing people talk about budget when talking about Animation, good Animation is made by people with talent and not by more or Lewd money, its one of the most stupid arguments i have ever seen. If i have to take a example, One Punch Man had a Pretty much average budget, but the Animation was Amazing... Why? becouse the people whare good at their job

I just realized my response to you was deleted bcoz of that other guy oh well

Late response but here you go, One Punch Man is a collaboration of studios, it's not just MADHOUSE and no you're wrong, animators work for the studios, and if they have low budget for the work, obviously it wouldn't be good, you think they're gonna go overtime for something they wouldn't get payed enough for? No, so talent is of no factor here, it's the industry who is at fault but whatever, all I'm saying people have been judging it purely for animation, they didn't give the story, characters etc any chances

Judge the animation but at least factor the fact that it has a low budget
Nov 27, 2018 6:51 PM

Jan 2018
I very much liked the characters and appreciated what they were trying to do. At the time I was hype. Bad storytelling makes it average in my eyes, but it's not terrible. Also, the animation wasn't terrible. I don't know where anyone gets that from. Compare this to some of the stuff released this season. There's worse out right now, at this very moment.

Conception is still the worst anime of 2018. IDGAF what anyone else has to say about it.
Dec 26, 2018 2:05 AM

Sep 2012
Lairucrem said:
Alioune said:

^ this.

I just realize my response to that one was deleted, he probably snitch to his friend mod or something

Okay, right back at you, I respect and appreciate your opinion... But

You're very opinionated

1. The romantic build up is sublime, so I dunno what you're talking about, you should stay with SAO and Twilight coz you obviously never seen a good romantic build up

2. Again, animation is of no factor to the story, this is a low budget show and you shouldn't be judged bcoz of its animation

3. Just your opinion, and you've exposed yourself here, how can you say that when the villains were hardly being revealed

4. You played yourself here yet again, you said so yourself you didn't read the manga but you're acting like you know it's canon pace lol nice try but it's a back to back epic fail for you

5. Dumb comparison, TG is hardly a romance or at least it didn't focused much on the romance aspect

6. Ofc another opinion, I'm actually surprised you put this at last, this is the epitome of an opinion

You see it's very easy for you to spout your subjective arguments but I'm gonna return it with objective arguments

Facts > your opinions

I enjoyed the anime, but i felt that it was fast paced...

but why would you compare it to tokyo ghoul ? this anime is about Vampires and not Ghouls... just sayin..
also part of Devils Line genre "Drama, Romance"... i enjoyed the romance and main character interaction with each other through the anime...

if anyone did read the manga can you answer this for me
Dec 26, 2018 2:25 AM
Dec 2018
Yeah Planet With is the worse.
Dec 26, 2018 3:29 AM

May 2017
@Daisy-Sensei brah I didn't compare it to TG, that other dude did, it's my rebuttal to his weak opinion, that's why I called his comparisons dumb
Dec 26, 2018 4:22 AM

Sep 2012
Lairucrem said:
@Daisy-Sensei brah I didn't compare it to TG, that other dude did, it's my rebuttal to his weak opinion, that's why I called his comparisons dumb

sorry i should have mentioned.. i meant @Nurguburu xD

and i was supporting your opinion @Lairucrem
May 24, 2019 3:13 PM

Sep 2012
RedKitten13 said:
As a fan of anything to do with vampires, I must agree that Devils Line is, indeed, amazing as well as a "hidden gem".

Sure, the pacing could be a little better, but I don't think it's enough to entirely derail the show and whatnot, so.

As for the budding romance between Tsukasa and Anzai, it's cute as well as sweet, and I can't wait to see how it develops further. ^^;;

i would say its like darker then black meets twilight, mix of both
May 29, 2019 6:20 PM
Jul 2015
The anime is great, it indeed is a hidden gem and the manga is awesome to.
Mar 2, 2020 8:07 PM
Feb 2020
It would be really really good but I hate how they made the whole thing about sex. If they had done the few scenes showing Devils raping people when they're not able to control themselves then I would be fine with it. But they centered the whole show around it just trying to get some fan service in there. Without that I love everything but it just takes away too much.
Mar 19, 2020 12:36 PM
Jan 2018
@Lairucrem you realize that budget has nothing to do with animation quality right? Budget only affects runtime and the quality of the voice acting. This show having a similar budget to shows like One Punch Man/Kimetsu no Yaiba proves it perfectly. Animation quality is entirely determined by the show being animated as well as the possible connections the director would have.
May 18, 2020 12:39 PM
Oct 2017
I guess this is me screaming into the void but...Yeah this anime is kinda garbage. Fun for a drunk night, but anyone who takes any of this remotely seriously? Yikes.

This follows the Twilight template of romance where the girl is scared/aroused by the idea that their scary vampire boyfriend could break/eat them. And yes, I am very aware of the fact that this is all a metaphor for sex. And that's the point. But the characters are just so bland that it's just easier to make fun of them.

Mar 20, 2022 2:55 PM

Dec 2017
This thread is a very interesting read.

There had been like 3 or 4 different clashes between people and all of them just got more malicious with time. I just kept thinking how easily all of it could had been avoided but then again everyone operates differently and this thread is a perfect example of that.

I think it would be pointless now to engage in a long-dead discussion but I just wanted to summarise it a bit since I found it all inspiring even lol.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 12 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 16, 2018

25 by hellokittyluv23 »»
Mar 29, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

140 by Karva1 »»
Mar 9, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

184 by Karva1 »»
Mar 9, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 16, 2018

5 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 17, 2023 4:18 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

26 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 17, 2023 12:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.