Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 5, 2018 12:31 PM

Dec 2013
Unfortunately I felt that the writing was really bad this episode... Sad cuz I was enjoying this show til this episode. :/

May 5, 2018 12:33 PM

Jun 2016
SupremeEdgelord said:
Noumu said:
If there's one thing to complain about then it's the fact that agility builds seem to be rare AF even tho there is (for the majority of players) pretty much no reason not to put every spare point in agility.

Yeah, that's the thing, it seems that it's the only build with no clear downside or weakness to other builds.

Well there is at least one other viable build:

Playing a sniper build and camping with the invisibility cloak thingy.

I guess the rest heavily depends on what the other "rare" items do. I could see some build centered around a specific weapon if the weapon itself is OP enough but yeah, as far as standard builds go nothing seems to beat pure agility.
NoumuMay 5, 2018 12:37 PM
May 5, 2018 12:39 PM

Aug 2013
This was some next level fuckery, but at least Karen came to terms with her height at the end.
Don't believe the hype.
May 5, 2018 12:42 PM
Jun 2017
I'm so happy LLENN won SJ! I am so curious about who Pito is IRL and why M is so afraid of her. Also the end scene with finding out the group of girls were also GGO players was awesome! ^^
May 5, 2018 12:48 PM

Jun 2011
This went from watchable to absolutely fucking terrible all in 1 episode. This episode my god did it just go full retard.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
May 5, 2018 12:58 PM

Apr 2012
Wait, I was not mistaken? The command of the fighting "Russian" women, with whom she fought, is the IRL a group of short schoolgirls from the athletics club?
May 5, 2018 1:06 PM
Apr 2014
FlameLWF said:
How did it go from M pulling a gun on LLENN at the end of the last episode to LLENN having her gun aimed at M at the start of this episode?

you missed last episodes after credits scene
May 5, 2018 1:20 PM

Aug 2017
Just as I thought before, this show is definitely about mary sues, anyway I will just apply suspension of disbelief from now on, turn off my brain and enjoy this series.
May 5, 2018 1:25 PM

Sep 2013
Good action, LLEN is skilled but the opponents were little high school girls XD
Also recap next week I think, damn it 3hz.
May 5, 2018 1:29 PM
Apr 2018
ichii_1 said:

Well considering most COD players are like 12 I don’t see what’s the problem here
May 5, 2018 1:33 PM

Jun 2012
I was speechless at the end :o Also

SAO and Mahou Shoujo Site spoilers

May 5, 2018 1:36 PM
Apr 2017
damn i hope she isn't as crazy as M says she is. i was justing starting to think of her as best girl.

May 5, 2018 1:48 PM
Apr 2016
This series is probably the most apologetic deserving thread.
Re:formed
May 5, 2018 2:09 PM

Apr 2015
the lolis irl are manly ingame
and the tall grill irl is the loli ingame

this series is the legit stuff
May 5, 2018 2:22 PM

Jun 2016
Tom562clancy said:
ichii_1 said:

Well considering most COD players are like 12 I don’t see what’s the problem here

The "problem" is that were talking about a "tournament" here, not a casual deathmatch game. You're right, the age of her opponents isn't that much of a problem however, the lack of tryhards is. Now the author probably isn't that much of a gamer so I understand why he wrote certain things the way he did but this makes LLENN look like another OP protagonist when "the problem" actually lies with "everyone else".
May 5, 2018 2:29 PM

Nov 2016
That M reaction is on another level. He was so scary about Pito. She should be the devil lmao.

A lot of fighting scenes this episode as the conclusion of the arc. LLENN is really lucky, her size really help in combat. The scenes were alright with the same tactics. The best part was the LLENN vs Eva, intense moment in the scene. That scary look of hers damn. The knife was a great help.

The interaction between Eva and LLENN is quite interesting. Looking forward for more of them. P-Chan was the MVP.
May 5, 2018 2:30 PM

Sep 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Lot of mixed feelings about this episode, parts of it were really good and some of it was just insanely contrived.

I'm not sure what M's deal, looks like his complete change in demeanor was not related any plan or anything and he just gets scared of Pitou? It's kinda weird that they just destroyed his cool guy character just like that.

Some of the fight scenes were great but some parts of the battle with Boss vs LLENN just felt contrived especially the part where she just shoots into the scanner which is an immortal object and the end where she uses the P-90 to block all of the Boss's shots. I mean when the entire shooting mechanic is based of that aim assist system that has a huge crosshair and assuming the bullet goes randomly into that circle, it's just contrived that she somehow always shot the scanner and that somehow all her shots were blocked by the P90. Well no point in talking about it now.

I noticed M-san said 'Boku' at the end there, is he possibly a kid?

Nooo! Why'd you cut your hair Karen? T.T
It's kinda cool that the kids were actually the final opponents.

aaaand, how the hell did she dodge that bullet bro what o.o...
May 5, 2018 2:36 PM

Nov 2015
YizelTro said:
be honest, i like the action. really was satisfiying action scene. really intense, and hype, i like it a lot. but the fuck i got mind blown that, that bunch of amazon girl is actually little elementary girl lmafo.

andd...really, i only like the action. i was really good hahaha
and, rip p-chan.

i dont feel good.
I DONT WANNA GO!!

Spiderman... FeelsBadMan
May 5, 2018 2:44 PM
Nov 2017
My god this was bad. I don't know if it is because they are taking themselves too seriously, the enemies are complete jokes or that nothing makes any sense at all. Honestly I am done with this show.
May 5, 2018 2:45 PM

Mar 2014
unbalanced game settings. she should be dead in one shot by the sniper rifle
May 5, 2018 2:53 PM

Nov 2017
Nice surprise at the end when it is the high school girls who are faced in the face of Llenn.
May 5, 2018 2:56 PM

Feb 2013
OMG that giggle when LLENN rolled backward off that rock.

May 5, 2018 3:18 PM

Jan 2015
Well, M lost almost all of his credibility in this episode, for me... Having taken him for a pretty badass sniper, with possible real world familiarity with the weapons he uses in GGO. All because he's afraid Pito might kill him, for real? Jeeze Louise. I didn't know whether to laugh or shake my head at that little bit of SAO, Aincrad misdirection. What a dolt he turned out to be, though.

Lest I mention the anthropomorphised gun, on LLENN's behalf. Another eye roll moment. Putting that together with the aforementioned M scenario, and this series just took a left turn down the same back alley the worst parts of SAO seasons 1 & 2 were known to frequent.

BUT, I gotta say, I all out LOVE that little twist, right at the end. No, not the battle itself. LLENN's taking a victory, and M's lap-dogging himself back into the match for the assist, all having been thoroughly predictable. No, I mean the little squad Karen/LLENN meets and is revealed to have been her last stage opponents in the match. Saki's looking up and calling Karen a 'munchkin', while Karen stared right back down at her, calling her an 'Amazon'. Friggin' hilarious, that. Made up for all of the oddness of the rest of the episode. Oh, and LLENN's whole strategy, fighting by herself, those action sequences, they were pretty badass, too.
sXebluesMay 5, 2018 3:25 PM
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
May 5, 2018 3:31 PM

Jan 2018
After watched till episode so far, I pretty sure Llenn-chan is cheating!

兵家
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."
May 5, 2018 3:32 PM

Mar 2015
"Munchkin!"

"Amazon!"

lol
The sword that takes life gives life
May 5, 2018 3:51 PM

Sep 2016
RobertBobert said:
Wait, I was not mistaken? The command of the fighting "Russian" women, with whom she fought, is the IRL a group of short schoolgirls from the athletics club?
Yeah pretty much, i had to go back and rewatch that scene again, it took me by suprise XD
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
May 5, 2018 3:52 PM

Sep 2016
Also the disentigration meme is everywhere today lmao, in the new OP of DitF and now here.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
May 5, 2018 3:53 PM
Jun 2016
DragoonDeus said:
This went from watchable to absolutely fucking terrible all in 1 episode. This episode my god did it just go full retard.

what went bad? the only thing i hated was those amazon women who sounded so annoying.
May 5, 2018 4:00 PM
Jul 2014
Why Llen is a inmortal object?
May 5, 2018 4:04 PM

Jul 2016
I have to admit. This episode was actually good. M san was crying a lot over not wanting to die, but Lleen stepped up her game and continued taking out opponents even though she was losing health. She was a really good fighter when facing that last team, even when she was in an up close match with no ammo. That knife slash was perfect in that situation. M-san started fighting again towards the end and made some epic final moves, especially when he shot the grenade in that girl's pouch. Karen even met her toughest GGO rivals in real life. You certainly have respect for your in game rivals when you're complimenting them in real life, and reassuring your rivalry.

May 5, 2018 4:06 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, they actually managed to win.
hahahaha can't believe that those girls are the"badass" women are those girls xD
I hope they explain why M had this attitude.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 5, 2018 4:12 PM

Jul 2012
Well, we might need to add P-Chan to the character list at MAL. Imagine a gun getting her own chara listing. HAHAHA. OK JOKES ASIDE, I’m really curious if the gun really talks or that’s just LLENN’s coping mechanism. Either way, she did make a really cool entrance afer that. Sitting on the rock just waiting for them to find her.
May 5, 2018 4:15 PM

Jul 2012
Tsuguni said:

She’s not. Eva tried to shoot her left heart - which had the scan terminal in the front pocket. The scan terminal is a vital game mechanic so it had to be an immortal object.
May 5, 2018 4:18 PM
Jul 2014
redemption024 said:
Tsuguni said:

She’s not. Eva tried to shoot her left heart - which had the scan terminal in the front pocket. The scan terminal is a vital game mechanic so it had to be an immortal object.

Ah ok , thank you very much for the info.

May 5, 2018 4:23 PM

Jul 2012
BurntJelly said:

IKR! She’s probably high on adrenaline hahaha. I repeated that scene quite a few times. That and when Karen’s meeting the girls lol.

Next episode would probably go back to the scene at Karen’s house with the little girls. I think it was episode 2? She had these girls in her house and they were talking. I’m not sure if it’s the same group of girls and I’m too lazy to go back and check :P
May 5, 2018 4:23 PM

Dec 2015
How could she miss a gorilla woman like Eva at such a close distance!? Are you kidding me...Then there was the gorilla woman missing ALL of her shots in return lmao. The bullshit with this episode was strong.

I can't anymore with this anime. At first, it was just boring and nothing more, but now it's going into bullshit territory. That's not gonna fly. Dropped.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 5, 2018 4:25 PM

Apr 2015
Damn that M mental breakdown, Pitohui must be one scary lady in real life :o

LLENN is so fast and has such great skill!

P-chan started talking, that was soo funny! XD

This face though!

So the final team LM defeated were a bunch of high school girls, which Karen happened to be passing by a lot in real life. It's funny how that works at times.
CeddyyBearrMay 5, 2018 4:33 PM
May 5, 2018 4:29 PM

Dec 2016
Wow they made Pito look like an incredibly crazed woman at the start, we even got an SAO reference about death.

M said Pito is still obsessed with death games, does this mean she is a survivor?

I had a feeling M would come back and help at some point, I didn't think LLENN could take them all out on her own, that was a really good team she was up against.

They managed to do it, boy it was really tough though, that knife did come in handy in the end.

I must admit though the shooting by them all was pretty bad at times, even at that close range they coudln't hit anyone.

That ending was cool how she met her opponents in real life like that.
May 5, 2018 4:33 PM
Jan 2018
All it took was one episode for the potential of this series to turn to shit. Why is her gun talking? How is she missing so bad with a P-90 at point-blank range? Why did everything have to get so fucking weird?!

I was loving this series until this episode.
May 5, 2018 4:36 PM

Apr 2016
Is the talking gun supposed to be a reference to Hermes in Kino no tabi? I know the author of GGO Alternative also does the light novles for Kino no tabi.
May 5, 2018 4:37 PM

Apr 2016
allblue1 said:
Why is her gun talking? .

GGO alternative's author has a knack for having inanimate things talk. He wrote Kino's journey and that has a talking motorcycle.
May 5, 2018 4:41 PM

Jan 2011
DragoonDeus said:

I was writing my own post, saw this. This. Just this. This episode was absolutely awful.
May 5, 2018 4:46 PM

May 2015
Talk about the world being a small place... ^_^
May 5, 2018 4:48 PM

Apr 2018
dropped because that gun stuff and M were too over the top and ridiculous. Not to mention the plot armor...

its a shame because I actually enjoyed the anime
May 5, 2018 4:52 PM

Apr 2018
I have a theory that Pito is that idol girl (I think her name was Elsa?). Why else would they so obviously mention a pop star so often? And Pito just happens to be going to a wedding the same time the SJ is on, which is also coincidentally the idol's concert day (IIRC Karen said she couldn't go to the concert because of the SJ and they couldn't get tickets). but then who would M be? Her band mate? Manager? Publicist? Just an unrelated non-musical friend? IDK but I'm intrigued and the theory makes a lot of sense. Damn I love this anime so far
May 5, 2018 5:09 PM

Apr 2012
PolarCyrus97 said:
RobertBobert said:
Yeah pretty much, i had to go back and rewatch that scene again, it took me by suprise XD

Oh, I like to tell everyone that this title was written by Kino's author, but I completely forgot that he is a virtuoso twist master! :D
May 5, 2018 5:14 PM

May 2015
Don't ever mess with P-chan.

Loved the episode.

May 5, 2018 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
So good! SO GOOD!

The episode as a whole was fantastic. I really didn't understand M's logic in the end but whatever.

The fight was amazing! It really got me hyped.

Then the ending...THE ENDING!!!!

The kids were the SQUAD!!!! Damn that Handshake at the end was SO GOOD!

I wonder if Pito was in SAO???

I love this anime.
SoraSenpaiMay 5, 2018 5:33 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 5, 2018 5:33 PM
Jan 2014
Well... it was a fantastic episode and very fun as well as exciting! But the most fun was that...

I still don't believe that this cute group of little gymnastic girls were those ugly old grand girls! FUCK!!!! REALLY NIGGA!! xD

NOOOO!! WAAAAAY!! OMGGG! Here there would be about in 220 pounds of testosterone and a very strong solarium in the Sahara! Nice avatar... xD

OOOOH FUCK!! xD

hahahahahahahah has guts Boss, to threaten that munchkin! xD 💓💓👌

May 5, 2018 5:37 PM
Jan 2014
BurntJelly said:

No doubt LLENN has developed the Ultra Instinct! xD
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

64 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 11 Discussion

18 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 10 Discussion

21 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 9 Discussion

23 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 8 Discussion

21 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 16, 1:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.