Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 10, 2018 12:18 AM

Jan 2015
I changed my opinion about M. What does he look in real life though? I think he is a nerd.
Lol these girls were the big women in the game.
May 10, 2018 12:31 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I am happy because won the "chibi-girl" but the development for this final battle was weak a bit exaggerated!!!
The tensión for the before episode, when M tried to kill Llen, but all ended something insubstantial!!!
May 10, 2018 2:22 PM
Dec 2015
I see chekhov’s gun is in full effect everywhere so far.

Overall this SAO series is actually pretty great as the charaters do have reasonable strategies which they pulled off with tools in hand. It’s pretty amazing what competent writing can do for such a good premise. Loving the series so far.
RukaErikaMay 10, 2018 3:25 PM
May 10, 2018 3:11 PM
Dec 2015
Kotarou21 said:
I have 2 word: Plot Armor

To be fair, everything was written in so there are logical reasons for the events that happened. What would be deemed actual plot armor is a Deus ex machina moments where all sense falls off and something external interferes.

Chekov’s Gun was fully implemented thus the plot armor was judged to be valid and not a Deus ex machina.

Case and points, the PDA as hinted thought out the fights so far and at the start as an important item not to be forgotten.

The hit circles are actually conical in 3D space so they get smaller the closer you get to the barrel of the gun like in real life.

LLENN hitting and only grazing shots at point blank makes sense as she was aiming for the head and in the heat of the moment with a high heart rate the acuracy of shots a super low + muzzle climb when firing from the hip + injured shoulder from the sniper shot, 7.62 will pass clean through with low damage due to over penetration.

P-Chan blocking all the shots was already demonstrated when the enemy did the same earlier in the episode when when LLENN shot the the enemies gun.

LLENN IS BASICALLY Ash from Rainbow 6 a tiny 4 speed operator with no hit box due to said tiny-ness and speed.

The knife training paid off.

The girl couldn’t hit M accurately because her scope was shot off her rifle somewhere mid way thought the episode by M when he was aiming for her face. And the reason why they didn’t find him is because only the leader shows up in the scans so(speculation) they kill her then he shows up. He didn’t die because the bullet hit the plats and she was using a Dragunov Sniper Rifle that fires a 7.62 while using iron sight at range so she was aiming center mass.

In the end it’s agame so I’m glad that she actually had fun and it’s had the atmosphere of a competitive battle royal tournament.

If the PDA is plot armor what do you call the frying pan in PUBG?
RukaErikaMay 10, 2018 3:34 PM
May 10, 2018 5:07 PM
Apr 2017
was about to say this episode just went full retard, though it seems I missed some crucial details. Glad there are people in the community who could rationalize this stuff
May 11, 2018 3:55 AM

Mar 2010
I thought that after I heard it was a new author for this version of SAO, or GGO, I thought it would be good, or at least better (which shouldn't be hard). And in some instances it is, like the characters and I like LLENN and Pito, but why did even this version have so much plot armor! It is too much bullshit and not realistic in the slightest that she would beat all these high level players even after taking all of those shots. I really hope the writing gets better again after this because while it was a rather cool episode, it wasn't very well written.
May 11, 2018 9:37 PM

Dec 2016
The fuck lol. The fight was great i like how they actually bothered to make it last. Very good round of applause. Boss shooting the immortal object was kinda lame tho i thought llenn shoulda lost there. Like you pin someone down you just shoot them in the head, no?

Talking p-chan.....? Idek what to say...........

Nice twist that the girls on the street were the final team. Coulda done without the cringey handshake tho. Decent but cringey episode
May 11, 2018 11:47 PM

Nov 2016
SayaViking said:
I thought that after I heard it was a new author for this version of SAO, or GGO, I thought it would be good, or at least better (which shouldn't be hard). And in some instances it is, like the characters and I like LLENN and Pito, but why did even this version have so much plot armor! It is too much bullshit and not realistic in the slightest that she would beat all these high level players even after taking all of those shots. I really hope the writing gets better again after this because while it was a rather cool episode, it wasn't very well written.

What makes you think SJ participants are high level players?
May 12, 2018 7:29 AM
Apr 2017
Woodfall said:
Boss shooting the immortal object was kinda lame tho i thought llenn shoulda lost there. Like you pin someone down you just shoot them in the head, no?
she shot her where her heart would be
May 12, 2018 10:46 AM

Mar 2016
Woodfall said:
Like you pin someone down you just shoot them in the head, no?

I'm assuming you were referring to how cheap of an easy cop-out it was, and not confused on why it happened. In case you didn't notice, it was because the scan terminal was in that pocket. It's a vital game mechanic, so you can't have that destroyed. Though that would be an interesting strategy.
May 12, 2018 1:21 PM

Apr 2014
was a nice way to end the match and at the end i knew it would be that group of girls that was that last team showed them way to much for them not to be important

now to wait for the next ep
"one step at a time"
May 12, 2018 4:06 PM
Mar 2018
This episode has made me realise people with insomnia don't need sleeping pills, they need GGO. This is series does a great job of literally ripping out half of the previous episode and just dropping in their new one. It's frankly genius.I don't why other shows don't use this. I mean it's so much fun watching the same episode with a new narrative again and again right.

Apart from that many people think that since GGO is drives from SAO they are similar but they not just look at their MC's. While Kirito is boy who is literally God. LN Chan is a Loli who is literally god. See how different they are.

Talking straight with you now, this anime is really building up to shit .Even if not at level of SAO. Shit is still shit.
AbduTheLoliconMay 12, 2018 4:12 PM
May 12, 2018 4:09 PM
Mar 2018
Shinraro said:
SayaViking said:

I'm pretty sure M in anime just said that they were all pretty strong.
May 13, 2018 12:57 AM

Jun 2013
LLENN's "Uso" ・ω・
May 13, 2018 9:47 AM

Nov 2011
Llenn's cheeky fortune is an insult to intelligence, what the hell! Despite this, the narrative is not to be rejected, since finally we find out why the protagonist is a friend of those girls. After this episode I have even more desire to discover the identity of Pito. It's funny, if you think about it, how you can fool your neighbor in real life, just slightly altering the virtual one.
May 13, 2018 11:52 AM
Oct 2007
I'm quite surprised to see the score for this episode but at the same time I think I can understand if I tried to put my brain in front of everything else. 5/5 for me though!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2018 5:17 PM

Nov 2016
AbduTheLolicon said:
Shinraro said:

Mid tier players vs another mid tier players will think each other as strong. They are, strong yes, but compared to the likes of BoB participants that Kirito bulldozed using lightsaber, they're not that strong.

Remember that SJ is a very small scale local first time held Tournament without Preliminary. Which means ANYONE who enter will be on the same field as LLENN. Not to mention SJ is a team battle rather than individual, they can cover their weaknesses using teamwork.
May 14, 2018 12:24 PM
Mar 2018
Shinraro said:
AbduTheLolicon said:

Mid tier players vs another mid tier players will think each other as strong. They are, strong yes, but compared to the likes of BoB participants that Kirito bulldozed using lightsaber, they're not that strong.

Remember that SJ is a very small scale local first time held Tournament without Preliminary. Which means ANYONE who enter will be on the same field as LLENN. Not to mention SJ is a team battle rather than individual, they can cover their weaknesses using teamwork.

exactly they cover each other's weaknesses and it wasn't like the groups weren't co-ordinated. but somehow LLEN just comes out of nowhere and just takes out all of these players like they were 6 yr olds given a controller for the first time. this just shows how shitty the writing for this for this show is and proves the point the point the guy who first wrote this made

May 14, 2018 12:34 PM
Mar 2018
RukaErika said:
Kotarou21 said:
I have 2 word: Plot Armor

To be fair, everything was written in so there are logical reasons for the events that happened. What would be deemed actual plot armor is a Deus ex machina moments where all sense falls off and something external interferes.

Chekov’s Gun was fully implemented thus the plot armor was judged to be valid and not a Deus ex machina.

Case and points, the PDA as hinted thought out the fights so far and at the start as an important item not to be forgotten.

The hit circles are actually conical in 3D space so they get smaller the closer you get to the barrel of the gun like in real life.

LLENN hitting and only grazing shots at point blank makes sense as she was aiming for the head and in the heat of the moment with a high heart rate the acuracy of shots a super low + muzzle climb when firing from the hip + injured shoulder from the sniper shot, 7.62 will pass clean through with low damage due to over penetration.

P-Chan blocking all the shots was already demonstrated when the enemy did the same earlier in the episode when when LLENN shot the the enemies gun.

LLENN IS BASICALLY Ash from Rainbow 6 a tiny 4 speed operator with no hit box due to said tiny-ness and speed.

The knife training paid off.

The girl couldn’t hit M accurately because her scope was shot off her rifle somewhere mid way thought the episode by M when he was aiming for her face. And the reason why they didn’t find him is because only the leader shows up in the scans so(speculation) they kill her then he shows up. He didn’t die because the bullet hit the plats and she was using a Dragunov Sniper Rifle that fires a 7.62 while using iron sight at range so she was aiming center mass.

In the end it’s agame so I’m glad that she actually had fun and it’s had the atmosphere of a competitive battle royal tournament.

If the PDA is plot armor what do you call the frying pan in PUBG?

but the frying pan only covers yr ass . it like an assguard. it dosent straight up let you chiken dinner
but 2 the point . they were shown to be extremely well co-ordinated team but
allmost all of the members got taken out with this one girl with a p-90 and a knife who literally just ran into all of them.
May 14, 2018 6:16 PM

Nov 2016
AbduTheLolicon said:
Shinraro said:

exactly they cover each other's weaknesses and it wasn't like the groups weren't co-ordinated. but somehow LLEN just comes out of nowhere and just takes out all of these players like they were 6 yr olds given a controller for the first time. this just shows how shitty the writing for this for this show is and proves the point the point the guy who first wrote this made

they're all beaten with surprise attack tho??? Which is exactly what LLENN's build is for and why she's called Pink Devil. She's been PKing other players by ambushing them (as seen in ep 2).

JSDF/pro team: these people are specialized and trained in dealing REAL LIFE fight. Now, how many sonic do a soldier find in battlefield like Afghanistan or Syria?
M used the fact they're soldier by making strategy that can only be pulled in-game situation and capitalizing LLENN's inhuman speed/skill at ambush. An actual veteran gamer team (like the final 2 team) might be able to see this trick coming, but these people are not gamer but a real soldier who are in there to train. Thus they're using (god forbid) real life situation as reference and lower their guard as in real life you don't find a little girl with inhuman speed hiding inside trunk. While the team leader realized, it took him some time to notice since he wasn't in the front. This small time gap is what M & LLENN are aiming for as the 4 in the front are obviously not ready.
The team sniper can't just fire at her since chance to shoot his comrades are high due to the 4 and LLENN close proximity and LLENN's speed, the leader who also act as his spotter didn't give him any command either.

Hovercraft team: well, this is mostly M surprising them with his sniping and shield. They're on hovercraft, their accuracy are much worse than on land in exchange for close range fighter like LLENN has no chance hitting them and movement speed. Under normal circumstance they could evade the shot by using the bullet lines, but since M didn't they couldn't dodge.

Amazon: She actually only trully fight 2, the short haired girl and the boss. The blonde was killed in a grenade blast of LLENN's surprise attack (nobody would've expected LLENN just suddenly chilling in that stone after running desperately few minutes before), while the other three (who are also the team's snipers and machine gunner) were taken out by M's sniping. The short haired was caught of guard in the end when LLENN suddenly change her course, the boss was surprised with LLENN suddenly pulled a knife, boss herself is unarmed and if LLENN didn't pull the knife llenn would lose due to their HP difference.
May 17, 2018 1:22 AM

Oct 2017
Seriously this show was so good BEFORE ep5...
It has strategy that make sense, players' skills/ advantage that make sense, characters that make sense, which is an awesome battle royale this season.

Then at ep5 this anime toss everything built up to this point, everything that makes this show good in the first place, and put in some stupid SAO bs...

Ventus_SMay 17, 2018 1:30 AM
May 21, 2018 2:17 AM
Aug 2010
The people who created this series have absolutely no knowledge of weapons. I have been giving the show leeway because SAO is bad anyways, but resting a fucking machine gun on someone's shoulder to get a steadier shot while shooting is the most insane thing, even for a fucking anime.

Like seriously, in real life if you did that, the person lending the shoulder would first of all would definitely go completely deaf. Second, they would get burnt from the scalding heat from the gun barrel. And they'd most likely get injured from the intense vibration from the gun firing as well.

Literally there is no circumstance, ever, with those types of weapons, to ever rest the fucking barrel on a person's body like that. That's insane. This show is sooooooooooooooooooo bad
Aug 8, 2018 7:38 PM

May 2012
Lovely victory I must say, didn't expect that beginning but that really cracked me up! Nice tactics and very impressive action in the end!

Looking forwards to see what comes next especially with that ending!
Sep 25, 2018 8:43 AM
Jun 2017
Wonder if M's actually a kid or if Pito's actually a psychopath?
Sep 25, 2018 8:47 AM
Jun 2017
So the final round was like girls with height-complex duke it out!
Nov 23, 2018 12:42 AM
Nov 2018
This was good like pretty good
Nov 23, 2018 12:45 AM
Nov 2018
joshua10red said:
Yes yes yes.. LLENN won the tournament!!! Her fight was so amazing..Too bad that P-chan was destroyed..
Can't wait to see next episode..

Please can you say which is that anime in your photo and in the image
Nov 23, 2018 12:56 AM

Apr 2016
LiedElfen said:
joshua10red said:
Yes yes yes.. LLENN won the tournament!!! Her fight was so amazing..Too bad that P-chan was destroyed..
Can't wait to see next episode..

Is from the anime Re:CREATORS. She's my all time favorite character 😍😍

Nov 23, 2018 2:41 AM
Nov 2018
joshua10red said:
LiedElfen said:

Thank you.
I will see the anime so expect me on the anime forum because i want to share my thoughts about the anime with you.
Nov 23, 2018 2:46 AM

Apr 2016
LiedElfen said:
joshua10red said:

Thank you.
I will see the anime so expect me on the anime forum because i want to share my thoughts about the anime with you.

Hope you'll enjoy it.

Nov 23, 2018 3:10 PM

Mar 2016
Though M acted out of character, it intrigued me to want to know Pito's real identity.

This episode is pumped full of adrenaline and action! I love it! LLENN solo playing and killing a few of the opposing members was badass! But when she got into a close quarter fight after her P90 was destroyed was when the fight became epic! The OST during that fight was lit!
This is a true demonstration of rushing B with P90, CYKA BLYAT!

I never thought that the group of girls was the group of women in GGO.
And wow, Karen got over her height complexity just like that?! It holds a potential to something more but that's not the case anymore now...
Jan 13, 2019 3:48 PM

Mar 2014
Boy M's crying was a real turn-off for the entire series but I'm glad I forced myself to get through it because that final fight with the Boss was pretty entertaining
Feb 14, 2019 1:23 AM

Dec 2012
She said Sword Art Online. Roll credits!
Pito is crazy?
M has rejoined the battle.
Headshot +150
P-chan protected LLENN.
LLENN Berserk mode!
Headshot +150.
They won.
Best girl returns!
Bossu?
Dat handshake.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 16, 2019 2:37 PM

Feb 2019
Wow, it was pretty cool to see the main character meet the team she fought IRL :)
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 20, 2019 10:21 AM

Jun 2015
so can we also get M's real identity because he turned into a real wimp all of a sudden
Apr 28, 2019 1:01 PM

Jan 2013
P90 vs PP-Bizon, P90 will always win x)
Oh ffs, they gave her gun a face and voice ...

Lmao ofcourse the group she always passes was the final group in the Squad Jam.
Aug 17, 2019 3:18 PM
Apr 2016
Can't tell whether he was serious or not at the beginning, oh well. The battle was heated up, poor P-chwuaaan :(
Apr 13, 2020 11:13 AM

Mar 2020
I'll bet M is probably some big softy nerd IRL. Calling it from Episode 3. But creepy to think that Pito wants another death game. How did M become associated with her? Looking forward to seeing how her character is portrayed in the future after learning that little tid bit of information.

LLEN should have pulled out her knife sooner than she did. She might still have P-chan. It would be a good idea for her to have a smaller secondary ranged weapon instead of just her P-90.
ShadowRaccoonApr 13, 2020 11:17 AM
Jun 26, 2020 1:33 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This absolutely makes no sense, she freaking hacking, what the hell, stop relying on plot armor and calling it “luck”.
Jul 27, 2020 11:08 AM

Apr 2013
So it seems like Pito is a villain after all, the first few episodes almost had me fooled. Didn't expect those group of six to be the ingame woman squad though, makes sense that they would talk to her, after all there are not many pink P90s in the world haha
Sep 11, 2020 6:26 PM

Apr 2014
Byran47 said:
FlameLWF said:
How did it go from M pulling a gun on LLENN at the end of the last episode to LLENN having her gun aimed at M at the start of this episode?

Watch the WHOLE episode next time.
Wow! Thanks for that. I had missed it too.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Jan 1, 2022 7:47 PM
Mar 2021
I’m going to let the bs moments slide in this episode and relate it to how many times there were bs moments when I played multiplayer games.
Nov 3, 2022 3:34 PM

Mar 2019
They won!! Though that duel was very weird, it should have ended much faster. How did that "Boss" survive a P90 in the face? And M!!!! Nice shot!

I don't know if I want to see how Pito looks. That ending as well, apparently LLENN isn't the only one that wants to look the opposite, although I don't like her new haircut at all, give me the long hair back!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 22, 2023 7:27 AM

Nov 2010
M may have the skills, but his personality makes him weaker compared to Sinon. At least he was able to redeem himself in the end.
That was a good battle. RIP to P-chan. Does she have to buy a new one if it gets destroyed?
21:24 Noooo! why did she cut off her long and beautiful hair? Bummer.
Dec 10, 2023 9:51 PM

Dec 2019
Well, of-fucking-course the plot had to involve someone killing VRMMO players, because it wouldn't be SAO without people dying for no fucking reason while playing a videogame other than characters being deranged.

Also, there's no fucking way she reloaded that pistol THAT way. That was so fucking over the top it just made me cringe, you don't see that even in the most cheesy of action movies. I'm also absolutely not surprised that the butch lesbian GGO squad turns out to be those 6 small teens, that's almost too predictable.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Dec 16, 2023 8:18 AM

Nov 2023
Well this episode was very weird to me that I was having mixed feelings abt it
Apr 12, 7:34 AM
Apr 2013
EP 5

anyway after that stoopid cliffhanger

So 7 more eps to go. pito has some stuff to answer for and the 3rd girl still hasnt shown up
I'm not totally opposed to it but these five eps have been something
I'm honestly still a little confused but oh well. Next ep
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

64 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Yesterday, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 11 Discussion

18 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Yesterday, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 10 Discussion

21 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Yesterday, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 9 Discussion

23 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Yesterday, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 8 Discussion

21 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 16, 1:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.