Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 5, 2018 5:37 AM

Sep 2015
So after all this time they "confirm" Agumon on adventure series are the same one from the first movie.

NO! I REFUSE THIS!

Koromon said this

Then when Homeostasis explain everything on ep45 on the series

Either they create new Digi Egg/steal from somewhere for the 8 kid's partner are does not matter

Then Meicoomon who have MEMORY OF ALL DIGIMON as a back up (clearly put a back up data who worth at least hundreds of years on a Digimon Partner who can get hurt/infected by VIRUS anytime are good idea)

Because back then when Apocalymon still hidden Digital World and Real World time are different

If you still think this is canon then its either
Homeostasis murder the Greymon so it turn back to Digi Egg or let Greymon dead the sample they need to create the hope for fight back Dark Master.

"But the ending got Taichi and Greymon probability reunited moment" so what? if they really want them reunited again they can also do it with V-Tamer Taichi and Zeromaru (Veedramon who evolve from a Botamon>Koromon>Agumon)

And not to mention Adventure Tri know how to milk their fans so bad, example Taichi x Sora x Yamato moment or Opphanimon vs Holydramon when people already know the answer.

I made this because it seem some people think this is only on the DUB but no its on original too.
Into the Internet!
May 5, 2018 10:17 AM

Apr 2013
And chalk it up to reason number 200 why tri makes fanfiction look good...
May 5, 2018 11:18 AM
Jul 2014
It was clear since the beginning, watching the credits of the pilot movie it's enough to see it.
May 5, 2018 1:07 PM

Jul 2011
I don't expect a bunch of new animators and writers that were never associated with the franchise have paid close attention to the story, they just took job and did what they could.

They are clearly not fans they wouldn't know that the Agumon from the 1st movie and the one from the series were different Digimons, this is also why instead of focusing in the already established cast they created Meiko and then killed her partner to write her off then send her to the country side to never have to deal with her again, closing the mess they themselves opened, just like with the plot of this sham of a homage/ celebratory anniversary that ended feeling like a long and tedious filler episode, really this seems like it was written by people from deviant art that make fan art of Renamon but never watched Tamers.
May 5, 2018 1:10 PM

Apr 2013
Doomroar said:
really this seems like it was written by people from deviant art that make fan art of Renamon but never watched Tamers.

The irony is, though, that the fan art still looks better than these professionally-animated films.
May 5, 2018 5:41 PM

Jul 2011
Lil-Bird said:
Doomroar said:
really this seems like it was written by people from deviant art that make fan art of Renamon but never watched Tamers.

The irony is, though, that the fan art still looks better than these professionally-animated films.

The change in art style still hurts me, no fidelity at all, and i am still not a fan of the CG they went with, but at least it got better near the end, that said with power levels being all over the place i couldn't enjoy the action, Devimon beating Magnangemon while Birdramon does more damage than Weregarurumon which was completelly useless, to something not even Omnimon can touch... the inconsistencies plagued Digimon Tri from start to end, that said at least they put good detail on Ordenimon's ass which got plenty of screen time, Lilithmon will have to step up her game a lot.
May 8, 2018 2:20 PM
Mar 2014
Or it WAS the same Agumon and he merely didn't remember because he died and reverted at some point. I meant, there's around 10,000 years time between the first movie and the first episode in Digimon years
May 10, 2018 4:23 AM
May 2018
All I wanted to find out was if Tai and Sora ended up together... were they Hinting Matt and Sora?
May 10, 2018 7:37 AM
Nov 2014
StrangeGreymon said:
All I wanted to find out was if Tai and Sora ended up together... were they Hinting Matt and Sora?

in digimon 02 matt and sora got married. i think it was again really obv that matt and sora will be a couple in the future.
May 10, 2018 10:09 AM

Apr 2013
StrangeGreymon said:

Teasing ships not actually canon in tri was a mistake.
May 11, 2018 4:18 PM

Oct 2016
Doomroar said:
Lil-Bird said:

The change in art style still hurts me, no fidelity at all, and i am still not a fan of the CG they went with, but at least it got better near the end, that said with power levels being all over the place i couldn't enjoy the action, Devimon beating Magnangemon while Birdramon does more damage than Weregarurumon which was completelly useless, to something not even Omnimon can touch... the inconsistencies plagued Digimon Tri from start to end, that said at least they put good detail on Ordenimon's ass which got plenty of screen time, Lilithmon will have to step up her game a lot.

This made me laugh so hard. However, I want to be a jerk tonight and correct a couple of things: Holyangemon>Magnangemon, Omegamon>Omnimon. Never mind the spelling error a while later.
May 12, 2018 3:53 AM

Oct 2008
The thing I can't forgive is the stupid lack of Warp Evolutions. So. Fucking. Stupid. It caused horrible pacing issues with writing that had to be written around having each Digimon evolve to a specific level at least once, sapping any exhilaration from the fight scenes and removing any sense or semblance of consistency from the original series. The evolution sequences were terribly bland and uniform, lacking any semblance of creativity. Pretty much a perfect metaphor for the entire series. I can't believe the damn PSP game delivered in this regard.
May 13, 2018 3:38 AM

Jun 2012
This list gets longer and longer, but one thing that frustrates the most is the girlfriend. Joe's girlfriend. We never got to see her...
May 13, 2018 10:10 AM

Apr 2013
DeathAssistant said:
This list gets longer and longer, but one thing that frustrates the most is the girlfriend. Joe's girlfriend. We never got to see her...

This, all of this. Even if we never get to see her but it was just the characters teasing Joe about her "totally being real, you guys", it should've been brought up at the end and that would've been fine. They were building this joke up and never delivered. Bunch of hacks.
Feb 22, 2019 5:02 PM

Feb 2015
StrangeGreymon said:

I know this thread is old, but yes - they did.

Mei was introduced to be the love interest for Tai since Sora and Yamato are indeed canon.
Even though the movie did not flat out say "They are dating" most of the promo material shows them standing/sitting very close to each other or looking at each other, Biyomon talks about Matt singing love songs for Sora and at the end Matt talks about becoming an astronaut which lines up with the ending of 02 where they are married with kids.

StormxNightmareFeb 22, 2019 5:29 PM
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Feb 22, 2019 9:24 PM

Apr 2013
StormxNightmare said:
StrangeGreymon said:

I know this thread is old, but yes - they did.

Meanwhile I like how they teased Koumi since the beginning but then never gave it proper closure. Mimi doesn't go on to marry Izzy, she has a kid who most fans believe looks like Michael with Mimi's hair color, suggesting she married him instead.
Mar 7, 2019 3:18 AM

Oct 2012
this series sucked

and sora and matt felt forced in adventure 2.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure tri. 6: Bokura no Mirai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

138 by Erdgeist »»
Feb 15, 4:53 AM

» About Digimon Girls

RaVeN_Mortus - Jun 30, 2022

2 by RaVeN_Mortus »»
Oct 6, 2022 12:48 PM

» Did (spoiler) have an implied kiss?

animeguru90 - May 4, 2018

7 by CataOrShane »»
May 9, 2020 3:28 PM

» So, why was (spoiler) evil ?

MonsieurPapillon - Nov 4, 2019

1 by Rei_III »»
Apr 25, 2020 5:25 AM

» One more to go, let's hope the 02 cast start existing again

LucDisway - Sep 30, 2017

36 by prepare4trouble »»
Mar 28, 2020 10:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.