Forum Settings
Forums

Who else *only* has friends on the Internet?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 10, 2018 5:51 AM
Jul 2018
SadMadoka said:
Hatred said:
it's not possible to only have online friends

So...you think I'm lying when I say all my friends nowadays are ones I only talk to online? o.O

yeah
and even if it's true you need to change that
Aug 10, 2018 5:59 AM

Aug 2014
Hatred said:
yeah

I explained in the first post that I literally do not even know anyone in the town I live in, and that my brother is the only person I spend any time with at all in real life nowadays, but he doesn't count as a friend since he's family. If you don't believe me, that's your problem. I'm not sure why you think it's impossible. You have no basis for believing such a thing. I am aware that I should change that. I will once I take care of some other things in life...
Aug 10, 2018 6:00 AM
Jul 2018
SadMadoka said:
Hatred said:
yeah

I explained in the first post that I literally do not even know anyone in the town I live in, and that my brother is the only person I spend any time with at all in real life nowadays, but he doesn't count as a friend since he's family. If you don't believe me, that's your problem. I'm not sure why you think it's impossible. You have no basis for believing such a thing. I am aware that I should change that. I will once I take care of some other things in life...

how is that my problem?lmao i couldn't care less
Aug 10, 2018 6:08 AM

Sep 2015
I havent made a new friend since my first year of highschool. I have only just made a new friend and im about to enroll in my third year of college. So yeah, irl aren't so great for me but online I find it way easier to get along with people
Aug 10, 2018 6:13 AM

Aug 2014
Hatred said:

Blindly disbelieving things people say without having any basis for doing so is a character flaw and thus a problem. Stating something is impossible without providing any evidence to back up your claim is also dishonest. So basically, I'm the one who is saying it's your problem/fault (not mine) if you are unwilling to believe others who are simply telling the truth about their lives. I am not responsible for your willful ignorance. However, I will still call you out on it.
SmugSatokoAug 10, 2018 6:24 AM
Aug 10, 2018 6:31 AM
Jul 2018
SadMadoka said:
Hatred said:

Blindly disbelieving things people say without having any basis for doing so is a character flaw and thus a problem. Stating something is impossible without providing any evidence to back up your claim is also dishonest. So basically, I'm the one who is saying it's your problem/fault (not mine) if you are unwilling to believe others who are simply telling the truth about their lives. I am not responsible for your willful ignorance. However, I will still call you out on it.

says..who?where is YOUR evidence?
you can say whatever the fuck you want online
how the fuck am i supposed to believe you when there is no solid proof
Aug 10, 2018 6:46 AM

Aug 2014
Hatred said:

Let me get this straight: You want me to prove to you that I don't spend time with people (aside from family) in the town I live in? The only way I can think of would be to videotape my life 24/7. Don't you see how absurd that sounds? Your request is unreasonable.

Due to fortunate circumstances, I have the freedom to stay at home and do more or less whatever I want. The only time I even go out is usually just to get groceries and so on with my brother.

It doesn't require much imagination to come to the realization that some people do not have IRL friends.

I know for a fact that you are wrong when you claim it is impossible to not have IRL friends, because I do not...and countless others don't either.

Your attitude of denial is highly insulting and degrading to those of us who deal with these very real issues. Remember, you're calling a good number of other people in this thread liars too...but in doing so, you end up being the liar.
Aug 10, 2018 7:27 AM
Jul 2018
SadMadoka said:
Hatred said:

Let me get this straight: You want me to prove to you that I don't spend time with people (aside from family) in the town I live in? The only way I can think of would be to videotape my life 24/7. Don't you see how absurd that sounds? Your request is unreasonable.

Due to fortunate circumstances, I have the freedom to stay at home and do more or less whatever I want. The only time I even go out is usually just to get groceries and so on with my brother.

It doesn't require much imagination to come to the realization that some people do not have IRL friends.

I know for a fact that you are wrong when you claim it is impossible to not have IRL friends, because I do not...and countless others don't either.

Your attitude of denial is highly insulting and degrading to those of us who deal with these very real issues. Remember, you're calling a good number of other people in this thread liars too...but in doing so, you end up being the liar.

i end up being the liar?b i'm brutally honest whether you like it or not
if you have so much free time having a dispute with me go outside and meet new people because i'm done arguing with you
Aug 10, 2018 7:35 AM

Aug 2014
Hatred said:
i end up being the liar?b i'm brutally honest whether you like it or not
if you have so much free time having a dispute with me go outside and meet new people because i'm done arguing with you

No, you're grossly dishonest, because you claim it's impossible to not have IRL friends, without explaining why you believe that and supporting your position with any arguments; not that anything you say would matter, because in truth, millions of people are living through that very situation.

If you think everyone on the planet has IRL friends (or even any friends at all), you're just in denial of reality.

And nah, I'm pretty happy with my online friends. Not interested in offline friends right now. :)
Aug 11, 2018 10:34 AM

May 2018
Me, last year when I moved I started getting home schooled so I don't know anybody from around here other than my family.
Aug 11, 2018 5:18 PM

Aug 2009
Yeah, pretty much. Tried having friends in person, but it doesn't work out beyond the acquaintance stage, which is probably for the best given my tendency as a teen to associate myself with untrustworthy people. So, it's arm's length until more trustworthy people start coming around.

Aug 12, 2018 2:24 PM

Dec 2016

Boy, am I glad I have irl friends....
Aug 12, 2018 3:30 PM

Oct 2015
I can relate to this thread so bad LMAO

ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
ꜱᴇᴛ ʙʏ ᴍᴀᴢᴇ <3!

Aug 12, 2018 5:07 PM

Apr 2018
Why need friends when you can fawn over 2D Internet girls?

---
Just kidding, sorry if I offended anyone.
Aug 15, 2018 5:09 AM

Jul 2015
Railey2 said:
hazecloud said:

Oh. Sorry to hear that. I thought civilization is real for all internet user.
according to his profile he lives in australia, so im not sure how much of that was exaggeration.

I mean it could be that he lives in a super bad ghetto but eh. Australia isn't that bad.

Look up Bundaberg and search it on Urban dictionary funnily enough it accurately describes my town.

We have a HORRIBLE rep
Aug 15, 2018 12:37 PM

Jan 2009
I have 1 real life friend. I use to have more over the years and stuff but they all went to there own groups that didn't accept me so they just dropped me. Now that I'm out of school I only have one who's stuck with me. She's my oldest friend to we met in 6th grade.
Aug 15, 2018 7:49 PM

Aug 2018
You can't only have friends on the internet because people you haven't met in real life aren't actual friends.
Damo Prende, motherfuckers

This is that Black Wall Street

That BADASS motivation

That NINE Trey gangster shit, baby

This is

TR3YWAY
Aug 15, 2018 9:08 PM

Aug 2014
TheBadSanta said:
You can't only have friends on the internet because people you haven't met in real life aren't actual friends.

Nonsense. I'm far closer to some of my online friends than I ever was with past offline friends.
Aug 15, 2018 9:33 PM

Jul 2012
People go through phases in their lives sometimes you have no friends, sometimes you have one friend, its up to you if it stays that way.
Aug 15, 2018 9:55 PM

May 2009
I'm not too good with social interactions so all of my friends are online and I don't see that changing soon. I've made a few acquaintances in real life recently, but I doubt any of them will ever become friends.
Aug 15, 2018 11:03 PM

Dec 2010
Only online friends? yikes.
I though I was bad for not having any active friends.
Aug 16, 2018 12:51 AM

Aug 2018
Me in the past honestly hahaha. Then things changed a bit at least...
Aug 16, 2018 4:34 PM

Aug 2018
SadMadoka said:
TheBadSanta said:

Nonsense. I'm far closer to some of my online friends than I ever was with past offline friends.
You will never truly know someone until you've met them face to face. The people you believe you're close to could be completely different in person for all you know.

That BADASS motivation

This is

TR3YWAY
Aug 16, 2018 8:49 PM

Aug 2014
TheBadSanta said:
You will never truly know someone until you've met them face to face. The people you believe you're close to could be completely different in person for all you know.

You will never truly know someone until you have extensive conversations with them. The people you believe you know based on being in close physical proximity could be a completely different person for all you know. [/sarcasm]

Then again, I barely know myself, so I can hardly expect to "truly" know anyone else. So that's not the point.

You don't need to know someone all that well to be their friend, FYI. All this stuff about "true" friends and "truly" knowing someone is BS.

You're acting like they could all be con artists who try to act like someone they're not. This is just silly. Only a minuscule fraction of people are like that.

And anyway, you can do video calls with people online. If seeing someone's face is your requirement for considering them a friend, have at it. Or not. I really don't care.

Maybe you don't have any online friends, but don't diss those of us who do.
SmugSatokoAug 16, 2018 8:54 PM
Aug 16, 2018 9:10 PM
Jul 2018
I have friends both irl and online, but friends irl are usually busy more often or going to places I don't like visiting that much anymore (nightclubs, places where people just get drunk, etc), so nowadays I spend more time with online friends.

I think they're both okay, though it's harder to trust someone online because you're obviously lacking the physical pressence, but it's very YMMV.

Also this might be because I'm just a nerd/weirdo but I can lowkey relate more to online friends than rl friends tbh (even though I love my rl friends a lot).
Aug 17, 2018 5:47 AM

Jan 2016
iam not, and

not really sure if i could call them real "friend" when i only knew them on internet since i don't know what kind person they really are, but still i do have and respect them that's all
Aug 17, 2018 4:35 PM

Aug 2018
SadMadoka said:
TheBadSanta said:

You will never truly know someone until you have extensive conversations with them. The people you believe you know based on being in close physical proximity could be a completely different person for all you know. [/sarcasm]

Then again, I barely know myself, so I can hardly expect to "truly" know anyone else. So that's not the point.

You don't need to know someone all that well to be their friend, FYI. All this stuff about "true" friends and "truly" knowing someone is BS.

You're acting like they could all be con artists who try to act like someone they're not. This is just silly. Only a minuscule fraction of people are like that.

And anyway, you can do video calls with people online. If seeing someone's face is your requirement for considering them a friend, have at it. Or not. I really don't care.

Maybe you don't have any online friends, but don't diss those of us who do.
People carry themselves differently online and IRL. You only know the entity you see on your screen, not the person behind it. That is the truth whether you like it or not.

That BADASS motivation

This is

TR3YWAY
Aug 17, 2018 4:49 PM

Jul 2016
I have a few close friends IRL and a lot of friends on Roblox. I'm a very lucky person :)
"This little girl, who's not even half my size... taught me that tears can flow even from these silver eyes." - Teresa
Aug 17, 2018 10:39 PM

Aug 2014
TheBadSanta said:
People carry themselves differently online and IRL. You only know the entity you see on your screen, not the person behind it. That is the truth whether you like it or not.

No one "truly" knows anyone else, so your argument is invalid and just as pointless as saying, "You only know the face you see in front of you, not the person behind it." when referring to offline friends.

Here are some definitions of what a friend is.
one attached to another by affection or esteem

a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.

A person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically one exclusive of sexual or family relations.

Two people don't need to know everything about each other to be friends. They don't even need to know each other that well at all. This applies both offline and online.

Countless people have online friends. You have no idea what you're talking about. And how dare you belittle the precious friendships of nearly everyone in this thread. Some of my online friends are among the dearest friends I've ever had, and we mean the world to each other.

Yet another clueless troll...

Holybum said:
Give me a reason to care about a stranger online.

"Give me a reason to care about a stranger offline."

See how that works? Everyone is a stranger until you get to know them. If you don't want to become friends with whoever, that's your choice.
Aug 17, 2018 11:11 PM

Apr 2015
I'm the opposite. I rarely have online social media friends and I don't bother making any. A lot of it is just fluff and filler to me.

Though on second thought, I don't have any on here either >_>
Aug 18, 2018 12:53 PM

Aug 2018
SadMadoka said:
TheBadSanta said:

No one "truly" knows anyone else, so your argument is invalid and just as pointless as saying, "You only know the face you see in front of you, not the person behind it." when referring to offline friends.

Here are some definitions of what a friend is.
one attached to another by affection or esteem

a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.

A person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically one exclusive of sexual or family relations.

Two people don't need to know everything about each other to be friends. They don't even need to know each other that well at all. This applies both offline and online.

Countless people have online friends. You have no idea what you're talking about. And how dare you belittle the precious friendships of nearly everyone in this thread. Some of my online friends are among the dearest friends I've ever had, and we mean the world to each other.

Yet another clueless troll...

Holybum said:
Give me a reason to care about a stranger online.

"Give me a reason to care about a stranger offline."

See how that works? Everyone is a stranger until you get to know them. If you don't want to become friends with whoever, that's your choice.
I never said you need to know every single detail about someone in order to be friends. Not sure why you keep bringing that up. The fact still remains that the real person is behind the screen and not on it.

And how dare I belittle you guys? I mean personally I don't think I have, but if you want an answer I guess it's because you guys aren't very intimidating lol.

That BADASS motivation

This is

TR3YWAY
Aug 18, 2018 1:45 PM

May 2008
I lost contact with most of my online friends. I mostly have one friend whom I've kept in contact with since middle School.
Aug 18, 2018 5:20 PM

Nov 2016
I mostly only have online friends. The few irl friends I have and I hardly talk anymore since they're all busy nowadays ;n;
・゚☆✧you were like a glass and I always melted in you

Jul 8, 2019 8:07 AM

Aug 2015
In this timeline and the future where digital technology is everything, online frendships are the primary way of interacting with friends and others, even for people known physically they still interact mainly through digital services either on mobile, laptops or other devices which is a more efficient way for friendships nowadays.

MyAnimeList is one of the largest networks on the internet with more than 120 million monthly users three years ago as stated by Wikipedia which means by now it has even more as the anime industry and the digital technology keeps growing and evolving.
ElfezenJul 8, 2019 8:11 AM
Jul 8, 2019 9:32 AM

Mar 2019
I have, or had at least, a couple of friends irl. Some are actually pretty cool and chill guys, but I feel most of them were sorta just treating me like a punching bag or a pushover, so I grew to become more closer with my internet friends (whatever few I have) more than friends I have irl.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2019 8:34 PM

Aug 2009
I was like that briefly at a point in my life, where I lost complete contact with my best friend and I just dived into MMO's where my guildmates were my only friends... dark times.

Anyway I got quite a few IRL friends now, so I'm alright...

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jul 8, 2019 8:56 PM

Feb 2016
I can't say I only have internet friends but I like a lot of my internet friends than some of my IRL friends for sure. Specially since I've been on this forum. I like the common factor to be anime.
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 8, 2019 9:11 PM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Strangely enough, I have more difficulty making friends online, mainly due to the difficulty to communicate with them. I find it easier to socialize in real life and make friends that way. Also, I value real life relationships more than virtual relationships.
Jul 9, 2019 2:19 AM

Nov 2016
mascarpone said:
I have like 4 real life friends, so I can kinda relate. I found the older you get, the less friends you need.

I see you're around the same age as me. I definitely agree that as one gets older, friends aren't much of a priority. Fitting in matters less in a social sense, perhaps.

Bölvat es okkr, bróðir,
bani em ek þinn orðinn;
þat mun æ uppi;
illr er dómr norna.
-Hlöðskviða
(The Battle of the Goths and Huns)
Jul 9, 2019 3:33 AM

Aug 2018
hm because of my high standards i don't have any friends. even online
Jul 9, 2019 6:40 PM

Feb 2017
i had zero offline friends for an entire decade and it sucked. i have one offline friend now, but i think we might just be growing apart, so maybe i have no friends again. it will be okay though. i will make more friends. it is natural for people to enter and leave your life. i used to think that i didnt even want friends or a relationship, since no one is permanent. but now i see that pain as inevitable and okay. maybe people arent even meant to be in eachothers lives for the long term, because we're meant to change and grow.
Jul 9, 2019 7:13 PM

Apr 2012
vulturs said:
mascarpone said:
I have like 4 real life friends, so I can kinda relate. I found the older you get, the less friends you need.

I see you're around the same age as me. I definitely agree that as one gets older, friends aren't much of a priority. Fitting in matters less in a social sense, perhaps.
In school fitting in is pretty important, but once you enter the adult world. People don't seem to care as much.
Jul 9, 2019 7:20 PM

Apr 2019
I have friends in real life, but sadly I haven't seen them in a long time.
Jul 9, 2019 9:39 PM
Jul 2018
When I was younger, I always had friends. But the more I became addicted to the online world/internet over the years, the less offline friends I had. If I recall, all my offline friends were either before or just when I discovered the internet.
Jul 12, 2019 6:31 AM

Sep 2017
Had plenty of good friends but lost them since I moved on a few years ago

So now I've got a group of really excellent online friends that I love, but I still have a few friends IRL but I don't see them very often
Jul 12, 2019 9:38 AM

Jun 2015
SadMadoka said:
I had countless "friends" in real life over the years.

Nowadays the only friends I talk to are on the Internet. The only person I even know in the town I currently live in is my brother, and he doesn't count.

Who else is like me? Tell your story.
I'll do you one better, I dont have any friends online either.
Jul 12, 2019 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
I have quite good amount of friends irl but I don't hang out with them often, I guess that's why i'm more close to some of my friends on internet than my school friends.
Jul 12, 2019 10:59 AM
Jul 2018
KuroudoAkabane said:
SadMadoka said:
I had countless "friends" in real life over the years.

Nowadays the only friends I talk to are on the Internet. The only person I even know in the town I currently live in is my brother, and he doesn't count.

Who else is like me? Tell your story.

I sort of find it funny that you don't have any friends and you have Fairy Tail in your favorite anime list.

I haven't completed it yet but the gossip of how friendship can increase ones power has reached my ears.
Jul 12, 2019 11:54 AM

Jun 2015
laviha said:
KuroudoAkabane said:

I sort of find it funny that you don't have any friends and you have Fairy Tail in your favorite anime list.

I haven't completed it yet but the gossip of how friendship can increase ones power has reached my ears.
you cant complete fairytail, its still on going.

Yeh I have met too many ingrate assholes so I dont have any friends irl either...

I love FT, and yes its gonna have some shittty asspull ending and not do right by us real fans but yeh, its literally magic. so nakama power is a running gag.

the only other show with that bad powerscaling is DBS. but that doesnt really make any diff in irl, those real ppl are garbage, and anime is anime.....
Jul 12, 2019 12:13 PM

Jul 2019
Thats sad you should go out more often and make some friends.

Never explain,
Never retract,
Never apologize
Just get the thing done
And let them howl
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 26 minutes ago

2 by Rhaelynne »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 4 hours ago

14 by deg »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

673 by zzz »»
2 hours ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

46 by _Nette_ »»
2 hours ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - 3 hours ago

1 by traed »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.