Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 4, 2018 9:12 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The final movie of the series...this was quite a ride.

For the sixth part, it looks like the distortion between the Real World and digital world is becoming a much bigger threat than everyone had thought. Ordinemon is also perhaps one of the most vile looking Digimon I've seen.

Seeing the Mega forms of the other Digimon fighting was a sight to see tbh. This movie felt more like a psychological battle. I swear, some humans are worse than the evil Digmon. Also felt this movie was far more serious than some of the previous ones despite some minor comedy added in. I also got nostolgia seeing some of the older Digimon making their appearances from the very first season. Going to actually miss Meicoomon a bit after all the drama.
Stark700May 4, 2018 9:55 AM
May 4, 2018 10:07 AM
Jul 2012
A conclusion a bit open ended i'm wondering if the new project with be another continuation. But that was a nice conclusion overall to this story.
May 4, 2018 10:09 AM

Jan 2008
Haven't watched it, yet do we find out what happened to the 02 kids?
May 4, 2018 10:55 AM

Jun 2008
Is it just three episodes for the final movie or more than three?

May 4, 2018 11:07 AM

Aug 2015
BloodHedgehog said:
Is it just three episodes for the final movie or more than three?

5 Episodes total and Duration: 2 Hours
GO SAKABE IS A ROUSING SONG
May 4, 2018 11:33 AM

Apr 2016
- Some unanswered questions there and there.
- IW spoilers.
- Ultimate transformation (my god!).
- No Evangelion ending (thanks god!).
- Open ending ?
- The Ship sailed.

I mean not the best digimon movie out there but it was good, the ending could have been better but well.
May 4, 2018 11:49 AM
Jul 2014
Wow i can't believe that they kill meico-mon, such drama! Now Taichi is not Taichi anymore, now he is Emiya Kiritsugu.
May 4, 2018 12:32 PM

Jan 2013
a step behind the prequels in many ways. the pattern stayed true to itself till the bitter end to my dismay. everything went downhill past the first movie with each new sequel in a gradual mannerism. i could forgive the low budget animation and lame recyclage of cgi transformations in this final movie but then again i could appreciate the low effort that was clearly lacking in this loosely compressed mush of a movie. not memorable to say the least.
May 4, 2018 12:40 PM

Jan 2012
and it ends! Honestly I didn't hate it, as I also liked this art style, but yeah, the story is very simple, like another arc, involving a new character and I think I would have enjoyed more if I watched it in a row. So I could have got more of the story. Maybe, later I'll rewatch it again :P
Good thing they didn't change anything big, Mei came but since she isn't an original, she moved away, so it plays well with the final ending from Digimon season 02.
The way it ended, are they suggeting another one with the 02's crew? I would love to see it! Can't wait for more news!
well that's enough, guess I'll just go search for their final song on youtube :P oh and too bad Wada Kouji couldn't stay till the end and sing again with them even tough they put his part, you know he didn't record with them :(
May 4, 2018 12:44 PM
Sep 2015
I wish I could experience it in cinema (trust me, it's a lot better than watching at home), but it's as good as it is, enough to justified the extend of what should had end in half a year into two and a half years. I have no analysis of what's gonna happen in the future, 17 years of dipping into digimon fandom teach me that if it happens it happens ;)
May 4, 2018 12:55 PM

Mar 2017
Why did they have to kill Meicoomon and give us a sad ending? :-(
May 4, 2018 1:05 PM

Jun 2014
The final movie was AWESOME! A lot of questions were answered, a lot of questions weren't. We had a LOT of FEELS throughout this whole movie series, and it was a FANTASTIC walk down memory lane!

New Digimon project was announced today and I am excited to hear what it is! DIGIMON and the DIGI-DESTINED FOREVER!

Thank you Toei Animation for this AMAZING 2 1/2 year journey with my favorite digi-destined children! Overall the whole 6 movie adventure was a 9/10 for me!

Loved the new version of Butterfly with the voice actors singing it!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
May 4, 2018 1:20 PM
Mar 2016
i dont care about art because that just eye candy
but with story??
just Shit Toei doing Toei thing
they go with some new scenario with shit route
if only they go with 8 original digidestined plus ken and daisuke as 2 Crest on Zero Two, Kindness and Miracle that will be good
but meh, the suddenly add new digidestined and new digimon and later they kill it LOL
well i always has low expectation to Toei but they always suprise me how low they will go

(honestly im hater of zero two, idea Kindness and Miracle Crest is great but All character also story is shit) digimon took own step to self destruction over and over, that why digimon far behind pokemon (well pokemon also took a shit route "boring loop" with their trust shit partner Pierrot also shit studio together with Toei)
May 4, 2018 1:25 PM
Jun 2015
TFW Taichi went full Kiritsugu
May 4, 2018 1:29 PM

Mar 2013
It's over it's actually over it was a really good ending. there were still some unanswered questions like how come gennai is still evil? why did gennai mention biablomon and daemon? did we even need the 02 kids at all? What does joe's girlfriend even look like? they might as well have not have been in the movie at all the only thing we found out is that they were captured because they found out about the reboot and afterwards they were just hospitalized for 3 months.

It's sad that they had no other option but to kill meicoomon. I especially liked how taichi knew that hikari would never forgive him for what he was going to do. I loved just how many callbacks this movie had but my favorite and also disappointing moment is when wizardmon appears I was surprised that they even remembered him and then let down that he didn't play a bigger role (I mean come on we got leomon at the very beginning of this series, until he got killed once again). the final fight with omegamon vs. ordinemon was really good especially when omegamon achieved a new form/evolution.

honestly I enjoyed this more than I thought I would maybe because taichi wasn't around so no one knew what to do. it just felt like the world really was going to get rebooted. I felt so bad for agumon he wanted to fight along his friends but without taichi around he couldn't digivolve so all he could do was watch as his friends tried their best to stop ordinemon. I was hoping that taichi would confess to mei but nope he didn't even though it's obvious that he likes mei. though I'm still not sure if I like this explanation for why sora and taichi never end up together at the end of season 2.

I understand that tri was supposed to focus solely on the original cast so they had to find a way to make the 02 cast disappear without actually disappearing. I somewhat excepted the explanation but what bothered me is that for a good chunk of this series no one seemed to care and that's what bothered me. no one was worried about what happened to them or even bothered to try to find them. also they even made sure to keep the evolution's tied to season one no armor evolutions (dna evolution was in the first movie before s2). well now that it's over time for the 02 characters to start their new journey. It sort of makes sense seeing as how they seem to have hinted at a sequel. I just hope they don't try to find a way to get rid of the 01 cast for convenience but instead use them for like an episode or 2 then find some reason to get rid of them.
May 4, 2018 1:39 PM

Apr 2011
Seiterno said:
TFW Taichi went full Kiritsugu

Did not see that coming, but at least he committed to it.
May 4, 2018 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
I'm just so frustrated by this. It's one thing to have wasted potential, but it's another when it's wasted due to laziness and overt pandering (and don't get me started on that open ending of a six-part film series). Holy fucking shit am I glad this is over. Too bad Toei's still going to milk the Adventure-verse as much as they can because it makes them so much money.

Also Ordinemon is such a great design to have allowed all of those ass shots in this films. Thanks for that, Toei. You degenerate fucks.
May 4, 2018 1:59 PM

Apr 2016
But of course, wizardmon is there
May 4, 2018 2:19 PM

Apr 2013
LynxV1 said:
But of course, wizardmon is there

Yeah, but it didn't mean anything. He's obviously just there for fanservice reasons, though I can at least appreciate the thought that even after all this time, he's still watching over Gatomon and Kari. I don't know why he had to lead Kari to Gatomon when she could've just found her way into that white space much like Meiko suddenly did in time to say good-bye to Meicoomon, but whatever.

Also I guess Gennai lied about everything when he said the reboot would bring back Digimon who died in the real world. That, or the writers just forgot their own bullshit. Wouldn't surprise me either way.
May 4, 2018 2:46 PM

Jul 2013
Quick thoughts.

-I love how the whole thing regarding the 02 cast was handled offscreen, and how they were even obscured by shadows the whole time they appeared onscreen. Sasuga Toei. (also, I think I saw more figures trapped here, but they don't say anything about them...).
-Genai was absolutely ridiculous, he's on par with Nobuyuki Sugou, just less rapey. Loved how Toei throw a sequel hook by mentioning Demon and Diaboromon, lmao.
-I didn't cared about Meicoomon's death. The same applies to Meiko's character.
-So, Himekawa ended MIA in the Digiworld, and nobody gives a fuck. She didn't even appeared at the end. I don't know if I should feel bad for her or if I have to laugh.
-Huckmon and Nishijima were the best thing of the OVA, along with the opening and ending themes (RIP Kouji Wada) and Ordinemon's thiccness ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
-I'm sad Ophanimon didn't ended being Gatomon Mega level form after the whole thing with Ophanimon Falldown Mode last movie :'(
-What happened with Alphamon?
-"I would have never though Tai would be back after his supposed death last OVA!", said no one ever.

I'm just glad this has ended. I heard a new Digimon project is going to come in the future. I just hope it's not another Adventure project, leave the series rest, Toei, for God's sake.
IllyricusMay 4, 2018 2:54 PM
May 4, 2018 3:09 PM
Feb 2018
I liked it a lot. I hated the last two movies but this finale definitely exceeded everythign I expected from it.

Bullet points...

Sequel is obviously coming and featuring the 02 kids.

Omegamon MM was great.

Meiko was... tolerable but no more self inserts please.

The callbacks to 02 epilogue were nice.

Takeru and Hikari implied kiss. You gotta love japan, will censor a kiss but show us all the boob and butt shots of Digimon all day long.
May 4, 2018 3:27 PM

Aug 2017
Loved 4/5th of the movie. The last episode was just a cliffhanger. Would've preferred a proper ending, but since they tease a continuation this is pretty much what I should've expected. Would love to see Daemon instead of Diabolomon though, since his "arc" was rushed in 02.

Can't believe they went with Magnadramon. Should've been Ophanimon or Venusmon as a surprise would've been awesome! What happend to Maki?
There is no good and evil, there is only power and those too weak to see it.
May 4, 2018 3:59 PM

Apr 2011
Alright, this was very... bad. There are so many unanswered questions, but what bothers me the most are two things:

1. Just why, WHY did Gennai turn out to be the way he is in this series? I was expecting an explanation in this movie, or at least him going back to normal, but what we got was him laughing like a maniac with some gesugao faces and whatever was what happened in his last scene.

I didn't really have expectations since all of the past movies have been a trainwreck but it still managed to disappoint me.
May 4, 2018 4:01 PM
Feb 2018
The 5th one is Real Gennai. Not a new kid or easter egg.
May 4, 2018 4:08 PM

Apr 2013
cptkillianswan said:

People keep saying that it's him, but outside of the hairstyle looking similar, I guess, they never said it was him. All we got was Izzy telling the others "Yo, the others were found and are at the hospital now", and I guess there was an empty pod similar to the others, but that was obviously the one Tai was in. So until they actually come right out and say it (like they should've in the movie), I doubt that's Gennai. Ryo's a better possibility.

'Course, there also was that mistake on Himekawa's laptop that showed Cody's name twice, so maybe that's supposed to be the fifth person, and they just fucked up.
May 4, 2018 4:09 PM

Apr 2011
cptkillianswan said:

Oh, nice. But what happened to him then? They sent everyone back to the real world, he was supposed to join them? He wasn't mentioned.
raifuresuMay 4, 2018 4:13 PM
May 4, 2018 4:22 PM

Jul 2013
So we have the pacing that moves so slow they'd lose to a snail, yet they failed to answer A LOT of questions in the end. Good job.

The fight scenes were unforgivably uninspiring. 90% of the fight was incomprehensible laser spamming and lots and lots of explosion. The previous movies at least had some choreography. The power scaling was thrown right out the window. Ordinemon wiped a squad of mega with mere scream at first, but a few champions managed to hold her back for like 10 minutes later on? Speaking of which, why didn't they go mega in that scene?

Merciful Mode is there just to be there. They weren't even losing the fight, so what's the need to asspull a new form? As if we don't have enough Omegamon upgrades already (sarcasm). And of course, the animation looks so much better in the mobile game than it was in the damn movie.

The 02 kids were there just to tick off the check list. We didn't even get to see their faces. What were they doing when they "found out about Yggdrasil"? Did they tell no one about their investigation? Takeru and Hikari, the 2 persons needed for Jogress? Did no one ever bother to contact them all this time? No one ever wanted to check Ken's well being after they saw the fake Kaiser? (I know the Takari did, but are they really satisfy with just the teacher's assurance?) No one from the main casts ever wanted to ask for their help after all this mess? What about their school? family?? friends???

At this point, I'd be more satisfied if they retconned 02 altogether.

-----------------------

Edit: Ok, when I watched this the first time, I forgot so many minor details between each movie that I could accept a lot of bullcrap being thrown around. Needless to say, rewatching all 6 movies back to back is the worst mistake I could ever make.

Agumon wanting to eat 24/7 was amusing the first 2 times, but when half the shit he ever said was about food, his character just went straight into the garbage bin.

Gennai was an exposition machine in 01, a plot convenience in 02, and a garbage cringe-inducing villain who laughs a lot and is evil for no reason in Tri. Literally. They literally never gave a reason why he changed that much. Also, that sequel baiting that never got followed up on lol

I get the idea behind rebooting Digital World to get rid of the virus, but rebooting the real world to get rid of Ordinemon? How? How would a real world reboot delete a Digimon? Meicoomon wasn’t even affected by the first reboot to begin with? WTF are the rules of this reboot?

Taichi being dead was played up so much when anyone with 2 brain cells never believed it, while those with 1 brain cell or less would need 10 seconds to figure it out. The moment Hikari went "it's my fault" at the start of the movie, I rolled my eyes, picked up my phone, and stopped paying attention for the next 2 minutes.

Alphamon, being the highlight of the first movie, never had a single line of dialogue and would only show up randomly to fight someone before going MIA again.

One thing I'll give Tri; the soundtracks are lit af. Not all of them are good but the ones that matter the most are pretty amazing. When Omegamon sliced up Ordinemon in the most visually boring way possible and this epic music played over it, I was like "YEAH". If only they weren't wasted on this uninspiring visual and this garbage script...
JustMonakaMar 25, 2021 2:36 PM
May 4, 2018 4:32 PM
Mar 2016
this movie sucked ass
May 4, 2018 5:26 PM

Mar 2014
They had 6 movies (26 episodes) to tell a good or decent story with a good pace instead all this "OP Meicoomon meets The End of Evangelion" with a rushed ending.

The movies had good ideas but bad implementations like Yggdrasill vs Homeostatis, little character developments for the mega evolutions for the rest of the crew, teenage protagonists to do "dumb" choices that only a pubert from that age can do, etc. I believe that everything would be better if they take out Meiko & Meicoomon from the storyline.

but well, it's finally over, took like 2 or 3 years after the release of the first movie.
May 4, 2018 5:29 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I'm gonna have to go back and rewatch but I remember fickling out and def having issues with everything past the second/third movie.

And them baiting us with the 02 kids is bs.
May 4, 2018 5:52 PM

Apr 2013
Joycdonnell said:
I believe that everything would be better if they take out Meiko & Meicoomon from the storyline.

Meiko definitely can be taken out and nothing would change, but Meicoomon's a little iffy. She's nothing more than a plot-device, but she at least helped to drive the plot in some form or another. But the thing is, though, her role can still be replaced with an entirely different Digimon, or if she were to stay, just be rewritten as a rogue partner-less Digimon and it'd be the same story.

But honestly, I'm just really disappointed with the "villains" of this series. Digimon's known for its great villains, and sadly, they dropped the ball here. Himekawa was set up to have been the mastermind behind everything, and she at least had a motive, but then she was just dropped because of Yggdrasil being introduced to the Adventure-verse with this Not-Gennai (whoever the fuck he is), so who knows what happened to her or why it is she was so important to the plan. I should be a little glad that she didn't get the redemption I feared she'd get, but to have her no longer be involved without a proper conclusion is just as bad.
May 4, 2018 5:55 PM

Feb 2018
I was prepared for trouble, but they made it double.
This has been such a mess, I don't even know where to grasp it.
Spoilers ahead.

Many things were left without answer. Why was Gennai evil? Why did he disguise as Digimon Emperor? What was with all that overwriting and rebooting the real world stuff? I could go on and on and on...

The action is terrible. They completely ignore the power levels: Devimon can face HolyAngemon with no apparent problem even though his ass was beat hard by its previous form, Garurumon can digievolve to Weregarurumon but the others can't because who knows. They throw in a lot of explosions and lights and digimon flying here and there like if they're trying to trick us into believing something actually happens.
Well, at least they didn't throw in BlackMetalMegaMyotismon.

Random elements appear here and there. A shadow of Wizardmon, because who doesn't like Wizardmon? Oh look, they finally remembered the 02 team but sent them straight to the hospital, they didn't even bother to draw them.

The protagonists run around saying they'll save everything but as usual only Kôjiro is useful, and yet he doesn't get a kiss from Mimi. After all the series saying they will save Meicoomon now they suddenly decide that's not possible and just kill her. That Himekawa lady is probably still going emo while floating in the sea of the digiworld. Evil Gennai walks around laughing madly because appearently that's what evil guys do.

At this point Tri was hard to save, but this final installment makes it look like they didn't even try. Overall, parts 3 and 4 were the only ones to give me some hope and they could have turned Tri into something good or at least decent, but it all ended in nothing but a huge missed opportunity and a badly played nostalgia bait.
"The world appears wonderful in the eyes of wonderful people." (Alicia Florence, ARIA)
May 4, 2018 6:46 PM

Apr 2013
I just fucking realized they didn't have the Oikawa butterflies showing up. At all.

Fuck the 02 kids, IS OIKAWA STILL WITH US???
May 4, 2018 7:34 PM

Sep 2015
Okay they finally end this whole mess right?
*read news another sequel coming

OH F OFF!

Well lets see what they do here first

THIS IS MONSTER THAT CAN RUIN EVERYTHING! SHOW THEM THE ASS!

Oh we most give other Digimon fanservice time

And oh yeah the 02 kids's reason are they knew everything then being put to sleep.... for what? even Dark Gennai don't give a F about them and tried to kill them.

Lil-Bird said:
I just fucking realized they didn't have the Oikawa butterflies showing up. At all.

Fuck the 02 kids, IS OIKAWA STILL WITH US???

02 IS ON TRI ARE JUST EASTER EGG + NON CANON!

If you remove "Ken" they stil move on without anything change.

Not to mention they expalain why nobody ever mention any 02's character or their Digimon's name EVER outside Ken until now.
Into the Internet!
May 4, 2018 7:57 PM

Mar 2014
Lil-Bird said:
Meiko definitely can be taken out and nothing would change, but Meicoomon's a little iffy. She's nothing more than a plot-device, but she at least helped to drive the plot in some form or another. But the thing is, though, her role can still be replaced with an entirely different Digimon, or if she were to stay, just be rewritten as a rogue partner-less Digimon and it'd be the same story.

But honestly, I'm just really disappointed with the "villains" of this series. Digimon's known for its great villains, and sadly, they dropped the ball here. Himekawa was set up to have been the mastermind behind everything, and she at least had a motive, but then she was just dropped because of Yggdrasil being introduced to the Adventure-verse with this Not-Gennai (whoever the fuck he is), so who knows what happened to her or why it is she was so important to the plan. I should be a little glad that she didn't get the redemption I feared she'd get, but to have her no longer be involved without a proper conclusion is just as bad.

Removing Meiko from the story is a big change because the studio spent good propotions of the movies in giving her backstories as child, to form a friendship with the characters like the bath scene, the times where she was acting like a cry baby Shinji Ikari, etc. So wihout Meiko in theory they would use that timescreen to answer/polish some leftover themes like evil Gennai & the rest of the original digichosens as adults and a better excuse to take out the Digimon 02 cast (and all the kids around the world who are digichosen thanks to Digimon 02 last episodes). Agreed about Meicoomon's role as a plot-device be easy rewritten as a partner-less Digimon.

I like that idea of "Yggdrasill want to screw stuff to force Homeostatis a reset to the digital world so Himekawa would met her partner again if she helps Yggdrasil" stuff and yes, is unfortunate that she didn't got a proper conclusion about her whereabouts (she is just mentioned by Nishijima in his last minutes of life in this movie). As I said before, they are good ideas but bad implemented (or more like they need more timescreen to cover those stuff but you know, 26 episodes is already enough time to do it if you compare to others animes with the same lenght so is more like a resource problem).
May 4, 2018 8:32 PM
Apr 2016
Pretty sure this whole tri idea was an excuse to animate Omegamon MM for two minutes.
May 4, 2018 8:40 PM

Oct 2015
Illyricus said:
Quick thoughts.

-I love how the whole thing regarding the 02 cast was handled offscreen, and how they were even obscured by shadows the whole time they appeared onscreen. Sasuga Toei. (also, I think I saw more figures trapped here, but they don't say anything about them...).
-Genai was absolutely ridiculous, he's on par with Nobuyuki Sugou, just less rapey. Loved how Toei throw a sequel hook by mentioning Demon and Diaboromon, lmao.
-I didn't cared about Meicoomon's death. The same applies to Meiko's character.
-So, Himekawa ended MIA in the Digiworld, and nobody gives a fuck. She didn't even appeared at the end. I don't know if I should feel bad for her or if I have to laugh.
-Huckmon and Nishijima were the best thing of the OVA, along with the opening and ending themes (RIP Kouji Wada) and Ordinemon's thiccness ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
-I'm sad Ophanimon didn't ended being Gatomon Mega level form after the whole thing with Ophanimon Falldown Mode last movie :'(
-What happened with Alphamon?
-"I would have never though Tai would be back after his supposed death last OVA!", said no one ever.

I'm just glad this has ended. I heard a new Digimon project is going to come in the future. I just hope it's not another Adventure project, leave the series rest, Toei, for God's sake.

-more like ran out of budget, so made them shadows :^)
tbh this entire franchise just screams CCA, a sequel of a sequel that is more just sequel of the original

-i mean, tbf, i wouldn't mind if they DO do demon, cause man, dude got shafted so fcking hard in 02 reeeeee,

-same, cared more about the teacher death than meicoomon

-she ended up in the dark ocean, so demon here we come

-*hackmon, and yea man, if there's one thing dis ova made me wanna do, is to play the game where he becomes a royal knight

-they already said she would be getting a new evo, which ended up doing jack shit

-my gues with alphamon, is dude's just genai or something

Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
May 4, 2018 9:30 PM
Apr 2018
i wonder... what happen to Alphamon
May 4, 2018 9:37 PM
Mar 2016
It might be not the best movie, but overall i enjoyed this ride. Really thankful that they released the sequel for digimon adventure
the stories all are over the place, but yeah its not the end of the world.
May 4, 2018 10:09 PM
Mar 2016
as always horrible Story for Toei Studio
meh lvl to the max

seriously the adding new digimon and digidestiny
but story is horrible
new digimon role only to be killed no develop char
and new digidestiny role only to make Taichi Move on from Sora After her snatced by Yamato

Just do with original 8 digidestiny
with Ken hold Kindness Crest and Daisuke hold Miracle Crest
i very like they try to erase digidestiny from zero two, only 2 Ken and Daisuke only worth to keep
NdanHMMay 4, 2018 10:13 PM
May 4, 2018 10:31 PM

Feb 2013
The lack of Izzy x Mimi disturbs me.

Now lets see, well like always, they couldve done a lot more material like expand on.
Like the Magnangemon vs Devimon fight, come on it was the return of Devimon and there was just a tiny scuffle.
Or Alphamon, like did he just disappear? What was even his goal?
And what the heck happened to Himekawa? Is she just stuck in the dark ocean?

Was kinda looking forward to more of a heartfelt reunion between Tachi and Hikari, I mean, Hikari literally broke down after Taichi disappeared and then basically acted like it was nothing when he reappeared.
But Taichi tho, when he said "You can hate me all you want." Gave me chills hoo boy.
I guess even though Hikari didnt want to fight, she knew that she wasnt going to convince Taichi so decided to fight alongside him instead of doing nothing?

Everyone's faces when Omegamon took it down tho, everyone is pained but they knew it had to be done. Unlike 02 kids, "Oh no a real digimon we cant hurt it!"
We finally found out what happens to the 02 kids, now 02 fanboys can shut up.
Jk, they'll totally complain why 02 kids didnt have a bigger part.

The Omegamon powerup was cool, came outta nowhere but still cool I suppose.

Now even though its the end of Digimon Adventure Tri, it looks like their adventures still continue with Evil Gennai still out and about planning more. Why is he evil now anyways?
I didnt think they would do that, considering this is the end of the movie series.
Or do they plan to make more?
Doubtful.
Alphamon, Gennai, Himekawa, Im now left with more questions then answers..

Digimon Adventure Tri started out okay, then went uphill with the second movie, totally nailed the third movie, but then started going downhill from there. After the masterpiece of the third movie, I was totally hyped for the forth movie. Needless to say I was incredibly disappointed. But then I had hope they would make up for it in the fifth movie, which they did not. So I was not hyped for this last movie, and it did not disappoint my low expectations lol
It was fine I suppose.
Oh, the voice actors singing the opening was quite a nice surprise, I definitely enjoyed that.

This series as a whole? 7.5/10
If it wasnt for the third movie and pure nostalgia, definitely would be like a 4-5/10

No but seriously, where was the Izzy x Mimi. This seriously disturbs me.
RaydntMay 4, 2018 10:37 PM
May 4, 2018 10:42 PM

Jun 2013
Omegamon is too awesome. I am very impressed with his new form.
May 4, 2018 11:53 PM

Sep 2011
God this movie was terrible through and through. And they have the damn nerve to sequel bait after the shitshow they gave us. Feck off Toei and feck off Crunchyroll for your stupid insistence in cutting these movies into "episodes" for no reason other to generate more ad hits for your shitty service.
May 5, 2018 12:52 AM

Sep 2015
Raydnt said:
The lack of Izzy x Mimi disturbs me.

Now lets see, well like always, they couldve done a lot more material like expand on.
Like the Magnangemon vs Devimon fight, come on it was the return of Devimon and there was just a tiny scuffle.
Or Alphamon, like did he just disappear? What was even his goal?
And what the heck happened to Himekawa? Is she just stuck in the dark ocean?

Was kinda looking forward to more of a heartfelt reunion between Tachi and Hikari, I mean, Hikari literally broke down after Taichi disappeared and then basically acted like it was nothing when he reappeared.
But Taichi tho, when he said "You can hate me all you want." Gave me chills hoo boy.
I guess even though Hikari didnt want to fight, she knew that she wasnt going to convince Taichi so decided to fight alongside him instead of doing nothing?

Everyone's faces when Omegamon took it down tho, everyone is pained but they knew it had to be done. Unlike 02 kids, "Oh no a real digimon we cant hurt it!"
We finally found out what happens to the 02 kids, now 02 fanboys can shut up.
Jk, they'll totally complain why 02 kids didnt have a bigger part.

The Omegamon powerup was cool, came outta nowhere but still cool I suppose.

Now even though its the end of Digimon Adventure Tri, it looks like their adventures still continue with Evil Gennai still out and about planning more. Why is he evil now anyways?
I didnt think they would do that, considering this is the end of the movie series.
Or do they plan to make more?
Doubtful.
Alphamon, Gennai, Himekawa, Im now left with more questions then answers..

Digimon Adventure Tri started out okay, then went uphill with the second movie, totally nailed the third movie, but then started going downhill from there. After the masterpiece of the third movie, I was totally hyped for the forth movie. Needless to say I was incredibly disappointed. But then I had hope they would make up for it in the fifth movie, which they did not. So I was not hyped for this last movie, and it did not disappoint my low expectations lol
It was fine I suppose.
Oh, the voice actors singing the opening was quite a nice surprise, I definitely enjoyed that.

This series as a whole? 7.5/10
If it wasnt for the third movie and pure nostalgia, definitely would be like a 4-5/10

No but seriously, where was the Izzy x Mimi. This seriously disturbs me.

You know that Alphamon was on same side with Yggdrasill?

Some people said saw saw Himekawa's corpse float somewhere but regardless peope saw her or not she is DEAD, and look like Bakumon (Tapirmon)'s memory are back with everyone's restored memory moment..... she got despair for nothing!

Yeah right after Tri shove Meicoomon to everyone's mouth FOR 6 DAM MOVIE they just kill it like that and want audience to pity it.

They don't even make some grave/memorial for Meicoomon and just time skip after Ordinemon dead.

"Unlike 02 kids, Oh no a real digimon we cant hurt it!" you know what Apocalymon will revive once again if they just kill "evil" Digimon because they are doing something bad like 01 did?

Or you think they can just beat Apocalymon again? yeah right a Digimon that gain everything from the deleted(dead) Digimon and each claw turn into the deleted Digimon which also mean Apocalymon who dead on 01 will become part on new Apocalymon, and not to mention Apocalymon's existence itself are huge problem.

And they don't say anything about IMPERIALDRAMON who they murder without mercy on 2nd movie to protect their "friend"

and 02 kids's explanation make them MVP they know everything about Tri's plot in less than 5min on the start of Tri but take 01 kids 6 movie to know everything.
Into the Internet!
May 5, 2018 1:12 AM
Jul 2014
Judging by the other shows by Toei Studio I've seen recently, I didn't know why I would expect Digimon Tri would be any different.

I rewatched the first season of Digimon again last year just to make sure it wasn't nostalgia clouding my judgement of the Tri series.

Holy crap, anything this studio touches turns into dogsh*t. Tri was such a massive disappointment that I finally decided to post something on the discussion boards since making my account.
CookieMunchMay 5, 2018 1:16 AM
May 5, 2018 1:20 AM

Aug 2014
Someone at Toei should seriously clean up their offices because a lot of their piled up garbage ended up in their scripts.

#StopToeiAnimation2018
Ruka desu.
May 5, 2018 1:37 AM

Feb 2012
Thank you for ruining my childhood show
May 5, 2018 1:59 AM

Dec 2016
Oh boy, what a trainwreck. I'm sad. This is not the Digimon I always knew and loved. For God's sake, FUCK TOEI. Ladies and gentlemen, they've done it again!

First they ruined Saint Seiya, then Sailor Moon, then Dragon Ball and now it was the turn of Digimon Adventure. And as far as I'm concerned, they also ruined One Piece as many of their fans claim they are not doing the manga of that series any justice.

Does this studio have any kind of love for their classic franchises or not? They've been systematically killing the magic, charm and reputation of all their series in the past years. And sadly Digimon couldn't avoid this fate. These Tri movies ended up being so bad they made 02 look competent, at least that one had a fair share of charm and memorable moments, despite its all-over-the-place plot progression, things that were totally absent now.

To be fair...they started good/acceptable, but somewhere in the middle you started noticing the lack of direction, some terrible choices here and there, and it just crashed and burnt now in the end, proving that they were never even necessary in the first place.
May 5, 2018 2:20 AM

Aug 2013
Man what a waste of a good series, especially since this was a sequel with the original series characters. Also, I hate the fact I waited this long to see what happen to the 02 characters. Seems to me that next series (if there is going to be one) will feature TK, Kari, and the rest of 02 cast as the main characters. I hope this is the end. There was no fun at all after the second movie. So much potential but they screw it up. I'm glad Meiko went back home because not only she was a wasted character but also a stupid plot device. She adds nothing to the group nor was she an interesting character. Literally the worst character I ever seen.
May 5, 2018 2:49 AM

May 2016
I-I was okay with this..

Atleast we know what happen to the Zero two cast
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» About Digimon Girls

RaVeN_Mortus - Jun 30, 2022

2 by RaVeN_Mortus »»
Oct 6, 2022 12:48 PM

» Did (spoiler) have an implied kiss?

animeguru90 - May 4, 2018

7 by CataOrShane »»
May 9, 2020 3:28 PM

» So, why was (spoiler) evil ?

MonsieurPapillon - Nov 4, 2019

1 by Rei_III »»
Apr 25, 2020 5:25 AM

» One more to go, let's hope the 02 cast start existing again

LucDisway - Sep 30, 2017

36 by prepare4trouble »»
Mar 28, 2020 10:00 PM

» New project announced! Possibly a conrinution

desgostoamargo - May 6, 2018

12 by animangafreak_ZX »»
Oct 24, 2019 6:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.