Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2018 3:49 PM

May 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, Team Rocket showcased their Z-move. That looked pretty nice to be honest, yet hilarious with their song playing in the background XD.

Also, Acerola and Nanu made their appearance.

May 3, 2018 8:13 PM

Jan 2013
love episodes that have Team Rocket as the good guys and their cool af Z Move

i really hope this wasnt a one-off for Acerola bc it feels like it and it'd be a waste
May 3, 2018 8:20 PM

Jan 2016
Team Rocket episodes are always nice to see, they're better than the League loser at least xD

Now I wonder how will they make use of the Z-moves :O
THANKS SENPIEX
May 4, 2018 3:36 AM

Jul 2015
God, Acerola's design is too freaking cute! Really liked her interactions with Gengar.

Loved this episode, I laughed hard when I saw they made fake versions of themselves to make Bewear not come for them.
May 4, 2018 7:20 PM

Aug 2015
Looks like the next time ash battles team rocket, he might have a fight on his hands. Next episode he'll get to battle the island king but it looks like his lycanroc still has that control issue. Maybe ash and lycanroc can overcome it.
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
May 6, 2018 7:28 AM

Jul 2016
After the success of 'Shape of Bubbles', Pokemon released their sleeper hit, based on the Movie 'Ghost', we present to you, 'Gengar', only minus the pottery scene.

So Team Rocket are stuck making envelo..I mean, doing paperwork, where they get a call from Giovanni, who drops a lore bomb and tells them that he and Nanu were once acquainted. The Island Kahuna, who lets Team Skull romp around, has ties with Team Rocket? That's strike 2 right there, he has 2 criminal ties. We later see a nod to the games as the gang finds a police office occupied by a bunch of Alolan Meowth. We move on to Acerola and...WOAH! I've noticed some folks argue about which version of her is cuter, but I don't think that's the issue. I think the real question would be, "Has Acerola grown a little older?" I mean, she looks taller than her game counterpart, and her body's physiology and proportions, when comparing it to the game, suggests she has aged a bit. I mean, if she wasn't 10 and above then, she is now. So she reads a fairy tale to the kids about a demon by the name of 'The Greedy Lapoo', and from what the lass says, it apparently got violent near the end. I mean, I can't blamer her, Little Red Riding Hood had a girl get swallowed whole by a wolf, only for said wolf to get literally axed, and Hansel and Gretel has cannibalism and a witch getting burned. Too bad she jinxed it by calling it a fairy tale, as Team Rocket, pissed that they couldn't meet the Island Kahuna, break a sealed rock and let out a Giant Gengar, and I have to say, they went all out with this one. The main games have always built up Gengar as being a capricious, scary-as-hell asshole, who can end your life just for looking at him the wrong way, and make you into one them, and the anime portrayed them as lovable goofballs who just wants someone to laugh with, this episode delivers both of those aspects. When Gengar kidnapped Acerola and went out nabbing all those items, my first thought was,
'You know, if I were that fisherman, I'd shit my pants if I saw a Gengar pop out of that lake and snatch my Big Nugget Balls'
At the same time, it turns out that the Gengar was just lonely and might have went through the same thought process as the Dewpider last episode, hence my 'Ghost' reference. Seriously, I know Sinnoh folk tales did it first, but is it REALLY OK for Pokemon and Humans to intermingle and...Oh wait, this guy was sealed a LONG time ago, so I guess it may have been the norm. So the aforementioned happens and since the Gengar also stole the Darkinium Z, the gang tails Gengar, who accidentally drops Acerola to a 10 FEET DROP, OH MY LORD! And she survived?! HOW?! I've had this theory that Acerola was a necromancer from the Royal family, but that is even beyond the supernatural. The undead cannot save you from a drop that high!
After getting rejected, Gengar decides to....you know, gobble her up, when Team Rocket jumps in and saves the day. Seriously, sometimes I think that these nuts are the secret heroes of this anime. After facing off against Gengar and bitch slapping it out of Jessie, and with the help of Nanu, and sheer unbelievable coincidence, they perform the Dark Z move, and it is as glorious as it was when I saw it in the main game, pure, absolute, destructive awesomeness. Plus, it seems that Ghost type Pokemon can DIE, as explained by Acerola, I was surprised James caught on to that, considering Ghost type Pokemon are, you know, ALREADY DEAD. But be warned, I sense the stench of a twerp near the horizon.

All things considered, this was a good episode. There was even an Osomastu reference that sneaked in there, crazy I know.
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Feb 27, 2019 6:10 PM

Mar 2014
This made me lol so hard

Was cool to finally see Nanu. Surprised that he and Giovanni "go way back".
Sep 21, 2019 2:30 PM

Mar 2010
Finally team rocket has a Z move too! Yeey

Funny team rocket mentioning having to need money to get around i mean.. they always fail so if thats the case thry wouldve died by now :p

Cant wait for mimikyu his Z move with jessie :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kensai-Serazu - Nov 17, 2016

105 by crackingfeetlol »»
Mar 29, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 146 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ri22rk - Nov 3, 2019

52 by leanrv »»
Feb 22, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 144 Discussion

Ri22rk - Oct 20, 2019

28 by leanrv »»
Feb 20, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 143 Discussion

Ri22rk - Oct 13, 2019

18 by leanrv »»
Feb 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 139 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Crzykido - Sep 15, 2019

58 by leanrv »»
Feb 7, 10:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.