Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 3, 2018 9:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Koyanagi's interactions with Kabakura is so amusing especially wih their little argument.

I personally thought the episode was pretty realistic with everyone hanging out after work. The feast, drinking, and small talk feels like they really enjoy each others' company. Out of theese characters, I'm slowly starting to like Koyanagi the most because of her personality and way of expressing herself.

She and Kabakura's social battles are epic lol. Also, that embrace between her and Narumi!
Stark700May 3, 2018 9:27 AM
May 3, 2018 9:23 AM

Nov 2007
Wow, shedding tears for Sailor Moon.

Showing photos of their male partners' "embarrassing" moment?

They argue (again) for cosplay. Main girl thought BL.

lol @ eventually changed to main pair arguing and another pair had to ease the girl.

He finally did cosplay, for a figure.

CM for today

Main guy showing emotion on text. They were finally able to drink together.

Such a weird pair even for (not) confession in high school. Eventually they made up.

Reason to like someone. Being otaku or not is not important, just liking someone doing things they like.

Edit: KajiKaji's character will finally going to be appearing on ep.5!
https://twitter.com/wotakoi_anime/status/993777532351770624
tsubasaloverMay 9, 2018 10:42 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 3, 2018 10:04 AM

Jul 2016
Another really good episode!! Some highlights....
- Focused a lot on Kabakura and Koyanagi which was nice.
- It was funny how Kabakura did not realize the woman was actually Nifuji cosplaying :P
- drunk Kabakura is kawaii!
- bar scene after work is relatable for me...hanging out after work is always fun
- reminiscing over Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball? Reminds me of my childhood anime aka Doraemon, Prince of Tennis, Studio Ghibli
- Looks like they adapted up to ch6..so hopefully that means Nifuji's bro will make an appearance next episode!
momo9May 3, 2018 10:08 AM
May 3, 2018 10:33 AM

Nov 2016
Koyanagi and Kabakura are just so much fun,I like Nifuji and Momose too,but these two are almost better.

Nifuji is really A class waifu material xD

Dragonball and Sailor Moon,it probably can't get more iconic than these two.

This show keeps going strong,it was a great episode again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 3, 2018 10:41 AM

Jul 2014
That early part was pure gold!
Hirotaka: You shouldn't cry over Sailor moon at our age.
Narumi: If you were watching Dragon Ball Z you'd be crying too won't you! even if you were in the office!
Hirotaka: I wouldn't watch it in the office let alone cry, first off it makes no sense to cry over an anime at our age.
*a few moments later*
Hirotaka: That was amazing... close to how amazing DBZ was... T.T
Narumi: Told you so. T_T

Kabakura and Koyanagi centered ep, love their relationship, Narumi was a killer during that serious scene when Koyanagi was crying while hugging her.
Kabakura: You have huge tits.
Narumi: Her tits are amazing! her tits are amazing!
and Koyanagi back in her senior high days looked like a dude.

May 3, 2018 12:05 PM

Apr 2016
How is it that the relationship of "secondary" characters is most of the time more interesting than the relationship of the main ones lol.

Also she was the "prez" type in the high school right ? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 3, 2018 12:27 PM

Feb 2018
I knew he would say I like her big boobs it was just so obvious.
Also him laughing at the end felt so unnatural and looked fckn awkward.
xShinigami3125May 3, 2018 12:35 PM
May 3, 2018 12:32 PM

Jan 2018
This anime is getting better friends hanging out and talking
Kabakura and Koyanagi are great their insecurities and doubts where flowing out in this episode
Narumi looked at her relationship as some kind of a business deal but it's slowly changing
May 3, 2018 12:36 PM

Jun 2016
This anime could get 100 episodes and I wouldn't mind watching them do silly stuff all day long. They have that good of a chemistry, those 4.

May 3, 2018 12:41 PM

Jul 2017
An awesome episode again from one of the biggest surprises this season.

I thought it would be some boring A-1 romcom which I have been used to for so long. But damn, this episode was really cute and fun to watch.

Love my 2 couples a lot <3.
May 3, 2018 12:56 PM

Apr 2015
liked the development between hirotaka and narumi by the end of the episode
May 3, 2018 12:59 PM
May 2009
I really like all characters, jokes, their reactions, I love manga but...

...why, animation? Just why?
May 3, 2018 1:18 PM

Nov 2016
That beginning with Sailor Moon. Ohhh, tthe irony of not crying over an anime. That scene was hilarious.

This episode was another fun to watch. The interactions between the characters after a day of job were amusing to see, especially Nifuji with his "serious jokes". Kabakura and Koyanagi was the focus, and it was entertaining. She is so cute while drunk. Felt bad for her.

That ending with Nifuji and Momose was so damn funny. He is so dense, but it what makes him a cool character. Their interaction is the Otaku couple dream.
May 3, 2018 1:30 PM

Dec 2017
May 3, 2018 1:33 PM

Dec 2016
Tell your girlfriend that you like her because of her boobs.

State that you could get any other girl with even bigger boobs.

End your speech by calling her old hag and see her fall into your arms.

Profit?

That's some great comedy writing you guys got there. Ha ha. (yeah it was all sarcasm for those who didn't catch early on)
May 3, 2018 1:42 PM
Jul 2013
This shows comedy is pure gold. "Koitsu." Would love to see more than one season.
People getting drunk with just one beer are the worst, end up ruining the night for everyone else.
May 3, 2018 2:30 PM

Apr 2013
This show is nice already, but if it followed these two instead of Hirotaka and Narumi I'd like it 10 times more.
May 3, 2018 2:50 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.
The beginning with Sailor Moon was gold. xD

Loved the focus on Koyanagi and Kabakura, there were a lot of funny and sweet moments this episode.
I loved the part where Kabakura he was bribed with the figurine, hilarious. XD

The final scene before the credits where they made up was really cute.

The post credit scene with Narumi and Hirotaka was great too.
May 3, 2018 3:03 PM
Nov 2016
Man, I really like it when the show focuses on Kabakura and Hanako... They're so cute and somehow, their relationship feels more mature when compared to Hirotaka and Narumi's....

The comedy was really well done this episode as well.
May 3, 2018 3:06 PM

Jul 2015
At this point I can pretty much say that the only thing I'm not much of a fan of is when Koyanagi and Kabakura go full screaming, the rest is nice and I really like the references to other stuff (I would totally fall for Yuudachi Kai II figure bait too).
May 3, 2018 3:21 PM

Sep 2017
I really liked the development Narumi and Hirotaka received this episode; they are really cute.

I was kinda disappointed with how Kabakura handled that 'making up' scene. Even if they were kinda joking around he ended up hurting her feelings. Those are some pretty bad self esteem issues Hanako has, so I was expecting something nicer out of Kabakura. Now maybe that's just how she always acts when shes drunk or something so none of that was serious, but I was just kinda like "damn, that's what you're gonna say to your crying gf?"
May 3, 2018 3:21 PM

Sep 2011
I can't believe this anime. How relatable can it get? And also nostalgic, as if the Yu-Gi-Oh! cards and the DKC on SNES in the previous episode weren't enough, Narumi was now crying over Sailor Moon, which was her youth and even dragged Hirotaka into it. I mean, who would be able to resist sheding a few tears over Sailor Moon? I also grew up watching it (and still cry over anime).

This scene alone made the episode a 5/5, but it got some other nice scenes as well. Kabakura could be a little gentler though, but maybe he was always like that and it's part of his charm in Hinako's eyes or something. Can't wait to see myself in Hirotaka (or Narumi) again next week!
FayrinMay 8, 2018 5:58 PM
May 3, 2018 3:39 PM

Jul 2012
ProofByColor said:
I really liked the development Narumi and Hirotaka received this episode; they are really cute.

I was kinda disappointed with how Kabakura handled that 'making up' scene. Even if they were kinda joking around he ended up hurting her feelings. Those are some pretty bad self esteem issues Hanako has, so I was expecting something nicer out of Kabakura. Now maybe that's just how she always acts when shes drunk or something so none of that was serious, but I was just kinda like "damn, that's what you're gonna say to your crying gf?"

Yup it's his character and she is a cry drunk. The inference of what he said was that he isn't just settling on her out of convenience because he could find someone like she described but he hasn't and won't because he's chosen her.
May 3, 2018 4:05 PM

Feb 2016
-Stray said:

Hirotaka: That was amazing... close to how amazing DBZ was... T.T
Narumi: Told you so. T_T

that was the english sub? lmao, on my language they translated it as "as bad as dragon ball z" probably not the greatest interpretation
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 3, 2018 4:07 PM

Feb 2016
dziabara said:

what's bad about it? I don't see anything bad with it
~Blackwall
May 3, 2018 4:08 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Lol crying over anime is something that people of all ages do. Now that was a shocking photo that Hanako showed. Cosplay sure is a common interest between Tarou and Hanako. Momose looks hillarious when she's angry. There will always be a wall between Otaku and normal people though. Its nice that Hanako and Tarou made up though. A interesting episode that did well in expanding upon the relationship between Hanako and Tarou. Despite being dating they sure have an interesting relationship.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2018 4:41 PM

Sep 2015
Koyanagi and Tarou are much better as couple than Hirotaka and Narumi, they are so much funnier and have so much more chemistry, those two should be the primary main couple.

Also they are both probably first loves and options, not like Hirotaka which is the FOURTH option of Narumi, almost a fairy tale.

Good episode.
May 3, 2018 4:50 PM

Sep 2011
Oh god hirotaka can actually smile, another really solid episode thanks to good character chemistry, the sort of dramatic moment didnt do that much for me but the post credits scene got me all fluffy.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 3, 2018 4:53 PM
Apr 2018
ProofByColor said:

YES! I was looking for someone that agreed with me! When Kabakura came out to 'make up' with Hanako I was like '*rubs hands* my boi is about to hit her with the MAGIC WORDS!!' lol but all he called her was an ugly hag and that he could get any other girl if he wanted to??? But the one thing that kinda held me was that's how a lot of relationships are in real life its just nobody is perfect I guess.

JUCCIMay 3, 2018 4:57 PM
May 3, 2018 5:13 PM

Apr 2012
Well, it was just a great episode. And although Hanako is younger than me only for a year, I already want to call her the best girl and support her ship with Tarou.

JUCCI said:
ProofByColor said:

YES! I was looking for someone that agreed with me! When Kabakura came out to 'make up' with Hanako I was like '*rubs hands* my boi is about to hit her with the MAGIC WORDS!!' lol but all he called her was an ugly hag and that he could get any other girl if he wanted to??? But the one thing that kinda held me was that's how a lot of relationships are in real life its just nobody is perfect I guess.

Yeah, it was pretty embarrassing, not to mention that the less realistic Darling in the FranXX showed the tsundere couple more pleasantly and harmoniously. Well, at least there they were mutually abusive, lol. Well, it's possible that she already knows him well enough and "understood" what he meant.

May 3, 2018 5:16 PM

Jan 2016
Couple Goals!!!!!!
May 3, 2018 6:05 PM

May 2017
HereticHunter said:
dziabara said:

He's just feeling expert on animation, basically a try hard elitist. there's totally nothing wrong with that scene, I bet he's just not use to the style yet, basically someone who only watches 3 shows per season
Swagernator said:
How is it that the relationship of "secondary" characters is most of the time more interesting than the relationship of the main ones lol.

Also she was the "prez" type in the high school right ? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ikr, they should've been the main, even better remove the other two, they're fucking boring
May 3, 2018 7:34 PM

Jun 2015
The beginning was pretty funny. It was amusing to watch Kabakura and Koyanagi bickering, they eventually made up at the end. They are so much fun. He looked completely different when cosplaying lol.
May 3, 2018 8:06 PM

Apr 2009
This was just all around a glorious episode I loved seeing the dramatic scene between kabakura and koyanagi but also omg she was so cute in the flashback with short hair I love her and I love all of them everyone in this show is so cute
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.
May 3, 2018 8:11 PM

Jun 2013
Kimurah said:
Tell your girlfriend that you like her because of her boobs.

State that you could get any other girl with even bigger boobs.

End your speech by calling her old hag and see her fall into your arms.

Profit?

That's some great comedy writing you guys got there. Ha ha. (yeah it was all sarcasm for those who didn't catch early on)

Yeah, I don't think you're going to win many girls' hearts with that, lol
May 3, 2018 8:17 PM
Apr 2015
how come prime doesnt have the subtitles in English? it only has japanese audio...
May 3, 2018 8:48 PM

Jun 2012
Know what, fuck it. I know we wont get a satisfactory ending, but this episode kicked so much ass perfectly I have to watch it all animated. Jesus, when the angry couple is 10x better than the main duo. What a cute couple. I'm sold on the rest of the season, I want to see more of the fighting couple's subtle moments. that was great, and unlike Net-juu we are already getting full meaningful human relationships
May 3, 2018 9:06 PM

May 2013
I'm really loving this anime! It's so cute, the colors are pastel and beautiful it's so nice to look at. And I totally relate to crying over Sailor Moon on my lunch break at work! The main pair are so relatable. And Hanako's voice is Chiaki-senpai from Nodame <3 <3 It's so perfect!
落下のように、いつも落ちる。いつか救われることができるのかな? または落ち続けるでしょうか?永遠に
May 3, 2018 9:14 PM

Dec 2016
HereticHunter said:
dziabara said:

Look closer. Everything except for the characters are just 3DCG models with the simplest of texture mapping and close to zero lighting effects. Hana and Kabakura aren't even that far away, yet their faces have so little detail and very minimalistic animation in their mouth movement, not to mention pretty poor even for common lip flapping. I suggest you rewatch the actual scene so you can understand what I'm saying.

A-1 has done a pretty poor job in artstyle in this show, just because it's based on a web manga and most of the backgrounds are dull one tone office facilities.

TsundeReaper said:

He's just feeling expert on animation, basically a try hard elitist. there's totally nothing wrong with that scene, I bet he's just not use to the style yet, basically someone who only watches 3 shows per season

Oh watch it guys, we have a badass over here.
I'm actually watching more than 30 seasonal shows this season and still watching a few shows from my PTW list now and then. Does that more than qualifies to point out the flaws in that particular cutscene? probably, and probably not.

Even if dziabara was watching only 3 shows this season, it's not a gauge to stablish wether his criticism was right or not (PS: he was right) It's all about having a good eye to see the lack of details and obviously TsundeReaper doesn't have it, but he's quckier to open his mouth and use the typical Strawman argument to discredit someone's criticism.
May 3, 2018 9:28 PM

Feb 2016
Kimurah said:
HereticHunter said:

Look closer. Everything except for the characters are just 3DCG models with the simplest of texture mapping and close to zero lighting effects. Hana and Kabakura aren't even that far away, yet their faces have so little detail and very minimalistic animation in their mouth movement, not to mention pretty poor even for common lip flapping. I suggest you rewatch the actual scene so you can understand what I'm saying.

A-1 has done a pretty poor job in artstyle in this show, just because it's based on a web manga and most of the backgrounds are dull one tone office facilities.

TsundeReaper said:

I'm actually watching more than 30 seasonal shows this season and still watching a few shows from my PTW list now and then. Does that more than qualifies to point out the flaws in that particular cutscene? probably, and probably not.

Even if dziabara was watching only 3 shows this season, it's not a gauge to stablish wether his criticism was right or not (PS: he was right) It's all about having a good eye to see the lack of details and obviously TsundeReaper doesn't have it, but he's quckier to open his mouth and use the typical Strawman argument to discredit someone's criticism.

You are really trying so hard, is not like animation is that important for this kind of anime, if I would expect good animation from this anime, it would be on a special moment, not at a random shot that isn't that important.
~Blackwall
May 3, 2018 10:05 PM
Jun 2015
Kimurah said:
HereticHunter said:

TsundeReaper said:

Its a criticism but its not like people watch tv anime for high quality art and animation. The quality never dips to Chinese Cartoon level which is good enough for a slice of life romance anime.
May 3, 2018 10:54 PM

Mar 2017
Is it just me or does high school Koyanagi look a lot like Shizuko from maid-sama

This could be my long last awaited fandom
May 3, 2018 11:00 PM

Sep 2017
"I'm going to go rough on Kabakura, just like in an X-rated doujinshi!"
I don't see how this is a threat ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Kek, bribing him with a Yuudachi figure. I want to say that wouldn't work on me, but I know it totally would. Cutest Kanmusu.
May 3, 2018 11:09 PM

Jan 2015
Phew, this even makes me think more about which is harder to deal with. Not taking pictures when it's cosplaying-related or simply dealing with drunken woman. xD
But at least this episode shows more side about Kabakura and Hanako, which I love most. :3
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 3, 2018 11:21 PM

Mar 2018
Fuck this was cute
May 3, 2018 11:22 PM

Oct 2010
That fucking Macross reference XD
May 3, 2018 11:27 PM

Aug 2015
xShinigami3125 said:

Everyone looks unnatural and awkward when they spread their cheeks into a full smile and laugh. Personally, I think that full-smile awkwardness made him far more personable than other expressionless, kuudere anime guys who only crack a smile once or twice the entire series.
May 3, 2018 11:32 PM

Feb 2018
AvidAnimeViewer said:
xShinigami3125 said:

Everyone looks unnatural and awkward when they spread their cheeks into a full smile and laugh. Personally, I think that full-smile awkwardness made him far more personable than other expressionless, kuudere anime guys who only crack a smile once or twice the entire series.

That is true but for me at least it just came almost out of nowhere which made it a little more awkward but yea it humanizes so it wasn't bad.
May 3, 2018 11:44 PM

Aug 2015
xShinigami3125 said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

That is true but for me at least it just came almost out of nowhere which made it a little more awkward but yea it humanizes so it wasn't bad.

It came out of nowhere for me too and I did think it felt unnatural, but after I thought about it a few seconds I thought it was cool they did it like that.
May 4, 2018 12:01 AM

Mar 2018
This series is getting great. Gave it 8 for now but I might reconsider giving it 9 after completing. Dramas come at right times and I love their dialogues. Funny yet realistic. And this may be kinda late, but I noticed Momose's VA's talent but I don't know her at all. Is she a newbie? If she is, then she has a good start.

I don't read the manga but feel like people who're complaining about animation are nitpicking. I mean, it's watchable. Reference last season's Marchen Madchen episode 9. Now that's a quality poor animation!

_Ravenor_ said:
Kek, bribing him with a Yuudachi figure. I want to say that wouldn't work on me, but I know it totally would. Cutest Kanmusu.

Poi wouldn't work on me but Shigure would. Hell, I'd probably kill to get a Shigure figure so cosplaying is totally worth it. Kabakura my man lol

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

101 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

40 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

52 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 8 Discussion

38 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

93 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 7:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.