Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
May 11, 2018 7:06 AM
Feb 2013
gerald0 said:
The one thing I wished yasama and the editors understood is that there's NO amount of chapters and backstory that will make us like Gabi. She's like a more competent version of Eren, and shows how the violence cycle goes on but then, we didn't even like Eren in first place, we like mikasa, levi and the potato girl. It doesnt matter if she's right, if she's driven, if she's tallented or whatever, I WILL smile if this kid dies, she's NOT the protagonist.

Casually using words like "us" and "we", when it should be "me" and "I", last time I checked this was not a thread for a sheep herd.
May 11, 2018 8:34 AM
Jul 2018
MY WAIFU HOW COULD THEY DO THAT TO HER?!! QAQ
May 11, 2018 2:28 PM
Dec 2016
God... the only one light in this dark show... the comedy element where everyone else is depressing, the potato-girl, ONE OF THE BEST ÉLÉMENT OF THE SHOW, maybe THE best...
So Isayama couldn’t hold himself, he had to make us suffer by writing a scene where they hug and are happy to be alive and then kill them... fuccfuccfucc

He already took me Petra, now Sasha, if Historia dies imma go to Japan kicking his ass

I don’t care about Gabi, her actions were probably totally justified but I won’t be satisfied until SHE’S DEAD !
May 11, 2018 4:08 PM

Apr 2017
for fucks sake i was on the verge of tears. not sasha.... she was such a good character .
also SNK chapters are always so fulfilling, they don't feel lacking and have just enough content.
May 11, 2018 7:54 PM

Nov 2012
Finally I was able to catch up with the manga.
It's weird how I managed to avoid all spoilers for Infinity War but I wasn't able to avoid one little meme on Facebook that spoiled Sasha's death for me. It lost a lot of impact just for that. I had yet to catch up with 3 chapters but still I couldn't forget about it.

I think the chapter could've been handled better. Isayama telegraphed too much he was going to kill one of our secondary trio, they were too happy. No important character from Paradis had died in the battle, the victory was too perfect. And we know nothing ever goes perfect in SnK. Too bad it was Sasha, I really liked her character even if Isayama had kinda flanderized her by this point, I didn't mind that.

I'm not mad at Isayama, actually, I'm just a little disappointed. He knew he had to kill someone to avoid a perfect victory and I think he made the laziest choice. For a long time, Sasha, as likeable as she was, wasn't really being that useful plot-wise. Not that she didn't do some badass stuff in the fight, actually all of them did. Her death could've been more impactful had him not reduced her to a meme and instead developed more her character before the time skip. As others have pointed out, it's almost as if she stopped being a real character after her mini arc in which she was supposed to die. About the way she died: it seemed really anticlimactic, but again, epic sacrificial deaths are more predictable, so I don't know how to feel about it. I won't say much about Gabi, she's just acting according to the way she was trained and brainwashed, it's just like Eren when he started.

When Eren used the crystallized shifter to defend himself I thought he'd killed her, but nope. So when Eren used the jaw titan to smash the warhammer to bits... That was dope. The most satisfying part of the arc by far.

One thing that is getting on my nerves is that people still keep missing when trying to one shot shifters when aiming for the nape. I know characters are flawed, we need suspense, the story can't end too soon, etc., but come on, this is a thing since Mikasa failed to kill Reiner and Bertholdt back in clash of the titans arc (if not before), this device is getting a little repetitive by now. And to be fair, this time at least there was a more believable reason why Jean failed, so that was a bit of an improvement, but still (I think Levi failing to kill Reiner has been the worst one by far). I'm aware it's nitpicking, but it bugs me a lot. There are other ways to keep suspense in these type of scenes.

Really intrigued by the details of Eren's rebellion and Zeke's plan (I think that was good foreshadowing). For a moment I thought Jelena was Annie :C So many questions.

5/5
The good outweighs any nitpicks.

kchorrex2012May 11, 2018 7:58 PM
May 12, 2018 3:35 AM

Jun 2014
^I thought Jelena was Annie for a couple seconds too. That would've been a real shocker lol
May 12, 2018 3:49 AM
May 2017
Not_Important said:
Sasha's death came out of nowhere and was so anticlimatic that I didn't feel anything. Well, RIP I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least the rest of the chapter was semi-decent, but this manga has been going on for far too long now. Just pull the trigger already Isayama, this convoluted mess needs to end.

I suggest u drop the series now mate, the moment u want a series to end "cuz its too long" is the moment that you will stop enjoying the series no matter what comes next, save the struggle!!
And as for the "anticlimatic death", this isn't new and im glad that Isayama is doing this way, because Aot is not a slice of life where u actually need to care about the characters, its about the conflicts that they put themselves in!! Its entertaining at least for me 5/5
May 12, 2018 4:17 AM

Aug 2012
Not_Important said:
Sasha's death came out of nowhere and was so anticlimatic that I didn't feel anything. Well, RIP I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least the rest of the chapter was semi-decent, but this manga has been going on for far too long now. Just pull the trigger already Isayama, this convoluted mess needs to end.
You know "this mess" you could always not read it if it's that bad for you...
May 12, 2018 7:21 AM

Nov 2012
There are some characters you just can't like. Gabi is one of them. She isn't a bad written character, I just can't stand her. I never had such a problem with Eren as a kid, but with her... I just despise her.

Rip Sasha, I didn't really care about her but rip.

Now, what's going on with Zeke? I don't know how to feel about his betrayal. I always thought that he was a brainwashed tragic character and I really liked him for that, but now... I hope the next chapters will not disappoint me...
May 12, 2018 8:13 AM

Oct 2007
Welp, guess I can safely drop this manga now.
May 12, 2018 12:45 PM
Jan 2012
Rip potato girl. Isayama made it a bit clear she was going to die, they were all happy, she was near the door - I expected the tiny bitch to shoot her from the ground. Her, managing to use 3DMG was a bit of a bull, though... If you think about it, without training they could've easily smashed into the side of the ship. Now that would be a surprise.
So they'll bring these two to the Island and sing them happy songs until they are converted?
It's not that I'm pissed Sahsa is gone - Hell, she and Connie are pretty much no ones in this plot anymore, I just think she deserved a better death.
And I don't hate Gabi, but I ain't rooting for her either. The difference between her people and Eren's is that they are the ones who started that shit.
Levi in a room with Zeke without trying to chop him to pieces? That must take some willpower. I don't care about their alliances and bullshit. He'll still be the one to kill the beast for sure. And when he does, I hope it will be a slow painful death.
AntenorAMay 12, 2018 12:51 PM
May 12, 2018 5:57 PM

Jun 2016
AntenorA said:
The difference between her people and Eren's is that they are the ones who started that shit.
I thought Eldians are the ones who started ?
EthicalllMay 12, 2018 6:15 PM
May 12, 2018 6:13 PM

Apr 2017
Ethicalll said:

AntenorA said:
The difference between her people and Eren's is that they are the ones who started that shit.
I thought Eldians are the one who started ?
right eldians are the one who waged war @AnternorA (not just with marley btw) but just like centuries ago, its a battle of stealing land

still life: pink roses
May 12, 2018 6:15 PM

Jun 2016
sunako199 said:
Ethicalll said:

I thought Eldians are the one who started ?
right eldians are the one who waged war @AnternorA (not just with marley btw) but just like centuries ago, its a battle of stealing land
Thanks for confirming.
May 13, 2018 6:28 AM
Aug 2016
I guess there wasn't an editor crying hard enough for Sasha to save her this time around...

But I can't help but be in the 'fuck Gabi' camp. I find her SO annoying.

And that talk between Levi and Zeke, must be damn hard on Levi to work together.
May 13, 2018 6:31 AM
Aug 2016
Busujima_Saeko said:
well even the top 1 is already dead..

Levi is still up and about you know.
May 13, 2018 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
Jeager_ said:
Not_Important said:

I know that some readers might not understand the manga from the 1st time , If you don't understand the manga ,Go read it again , it deserves your time and if you couldn't understand it in the 2nd time , Drop it , it's not for you

I understand SnK fairly well, thank you. My issue with SnK is that it has been dragging on for far too long and the Time Skip Arc, to me, has been one of the most boring so far.

Jesus, the SnK community is as sensitive as the TG:re community. You can't say anything slightly negative about it without people jumping at yout throat spewing bullshit at you and telling you should drop the manga...smh.
May 13, 2018 1:01 PM

Oct 2013
Nihilistic_Boi said:
Jeager_ said:

I know that some readers might not understand the manga from the 1st time , If you don't understand the manga ,Go read it again , it deserves your time and if you couldn't understand it in the 2nd time , Drop it , it's not for you

I understand SnK fairly well, thank you. My issue with SnK is that it has been dragging on for far too long and the Time Skip Arc, to me, has been one of the most boring so far.

Jesus, the SnK community is as sensitive as the TG:re community. You can't say anything slightly negative about it without people jumping at yout throat spewing bullshit at you and telling you should drop the manga...smh.

You see that rope you are looking at, why don't you use it? lol couldn't resist. Ha, ha
May 13, 2018 3:03 PM

Aug 2012
AkiKitazawa said:
Busujima_Saeko said:
well even the top 1 is already dead..

Levi is still up and about you know.
Erwin was ranked most popular in the latest poll
May 13, 2018 3:16 PM
Jul 2018
keragamming said:
Nihilistic_Boi said:

You see that rope you are looking at, why don't you use it? lol couldn't resist. Ha, ha

That wasn't even a little bit funny dude, think before you make this kind of joke. BTW, you have been reported and put on my ignore list.
removed-userMay 13, 2018 3:21 PM
May 13, 2018 3:30 PM

Oct 2013
Nihilistic_Boi said:
keragamming said:

That wasn't even a little bit funny dude, think before you make this kind of joke. BTW, you have been reported and put on my ignore list.

Cry me a river, I forgot people are so sensitive these days. *roll eyes*
May 13, 2018 3:55 PM
Jul 2018
Jeager_ said:
Nihilistic_Boi said:
Sasha's death came out of nowhere and was so anticlimatic that I didn't feel anything. Well, RIP I guess ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Let me explain why you need to reread it , you said "Sasha's death came out of nowhere "

Do you know that it was foreshadowed since chapter 102 ?!

99% of the readers saw Sasha's death coming from miles away and you say out of nowhere

"was so anticlimatic" , Yeah cause here is the real world , this manga isn't like others , It's not for kids
Everything and every death should be WOW , NO this is not snk
Sasha was a solider and it's war , Not every one gets glorious death , That happens only in cartoons

Sasha had a shit tonne of death flags raised BEFORE the time skip, Isayama had his chances of killing her a long time ago and didn't do it, that's why I felt it came out of nowhere and had no impact on me at all.

Also, I understand everything that's going on pretty well, I just think that since the Time Skip arc started the pace of the story got even slower than it already was and then there's the problem of there being too many characters now and some of them don't add much or nothing at all to the story. There is some interesting stuff going on, I'll give you that, I just wish this fucking time skip hadn't happened and that the story had progressed naturally, because at the end of the day it just piled up even more questions in a manga that is already FULL of unanswered questions. And then there's the fact that I hate time skips in general and think that is a shitty way a progressing a story.
May 13, 2018 4:43 PM
Jul 2018
Jeager_ said:
Nihilistic_Boi said:

Sasha had a shit tonne of death flags raised BEFORE the time skip, Isayama had his chances of killing her a long time ago and didn't do it, that's why I felt it came out of nowhere and had no impact on me at all.

Also, I understand everything that's going on pretty well, I just think that since the Time Skip arc started the pace of the story got even slower than it already was and then there's the problem of there being too many characters now and some of them don't add much or nothing at all to the story. There is some interesting stuff going on, I'll give you that, I just wish this fucking time skip hadn't happened and that the story had progressed naturally, because at the end of the day it just piled up even more questions in a manga that is already FULL of unanswered questions. And then there's the fact that I hate time skips in general and think that is a shitty way a progressing a story.

" too many characters now and some of them don't add much or nothing at all to the story. "
Where did you read them manga ? name me those characters who didn't add to the story ?
Gabi , Falco ,Willy & Magath all of them added a lot to the story

"more questions in a manga that is already FULL of unanswered questions."

This convinced me that you didn't understand the manga at all
We knew Riener's past
why Riener and Bertolt have to wait 5 years before attacking the walls again
We knew more about Zeke about the king Fritz

End of the text , I won't talk to you again unless you reread it cause obliviously you don't know what's going on in the manga

Just because we recently got SOME questions answered it doesn't mean that there AREN'T questions regarding the story or the world that were left unansewred.

Unanswered questions:

Why are the Ackermans so strong?
Who were the people behind the cult who also knew about the secrets of King Fritz?
What happened to Annie? Is she still stuck on that crystal?
Why has none of the other countries attacked Paradis Island to eradicate the "demons"? They know about the Titans powers, so why leave then unchecked?

And then there's some other questions that I won't remember now because I started reading SnK when it came out.

There's also the questions that were introduced by the time skip like "What happened to Historia? Did Eren eat her or did he let her live?" and so on so forth.

As for the characters, Gabi, Falco and Zeke are central to the story while the rest of the Marley Titans are not, they're just there to be fodderized just like we saw in the recent chapters. In the end they're all probably going to get eaten by Eren or just die in battle.

Trust me dude, I know what's going on in the story, I just don't like some things about it and you're blowing it out of proportion because you don't like my opinion about it.

removed-userMay 13, 2018 4:50 PM
May 13, 2018 6:45 PM
Jul 2018
Jeager_ said:
Nihilistic_Boi said:

Just because we recently got SOME questions answered it doesn't mean that there AREN'T questions regarding the story or the world that were left unansewred.

Unanswered questions:

Who were the people behind the cult who also knew about the secrets of King Fritz?
Why has none of the other countries attacked Paradis Island to eradicate the "demons"? They know about the Titans powers, so why leave then unchecked?

And then there's some other questions that I won't remember now because I started reading SnK when it came out.

There's also the questions that were introduced by the time skip like "What happened to Historia? Did Eren eat her or did he let her live?" and so on so forth.

As for the characters, Gabi, Falco and Zeke are central to the story while the rest of the Marley Titans are not, they're just there to be fodderized just like we saw in the recent chapters. In the end they're all probably going to get eaten by Eren or just die in battle.

Trust me dude, I know what's going on in the story, I just don't like some things about it and you're blowing it out of proportion because you don't like my opinion about it.

Since you don't understand it ,Re read it or Drop it

It's not a question of not understanding something, there ARE unanswered quesdtions, stop acting like an insufferable know-it-all fanboy. Also, stop with this attitude of "hurr durr read it again or drop it", you're not gonna change anyone's mind acting like that. You've never proved my points wrong, all you're doing is derailing the conversations with your incessant "you dont understand, reread or drop".

Everyone has their own opinions, suck it up.
removed-userMay 13, 2018 6:56 PM
May 13, 2018 7:12 PM

Jul 2016
M E A T

Eren's remembering those Sasha's words on past, that they'll get more meat once they get out the walls. Those words were simple yet carried a hope, that there will be a future outside the walls.

Your food words will never be forgotten. RIP Sasha.
May 13, 2018 8:17 PM
Jul 2018
Jeager_ said:
Nihilistic_Boi said:

It's not a question of not understanding something, there ARE unanswered quesdtions, stop acting like an insufferable know-it-all fanboy. Also, stop with this attitude of "hurr durr read it again or drop it", you're not gonna change anyone's mind acting like that. You've never proved my points wrong, all you're doing is derailing the conversations with your incessant "you dont understand, reread or drop".

Everyone has their own opinions, suck it up.

Maybe because you are not clever enough to find out by yourself that those unanswered questions is because the manga is NOT FINISHED YET and there are a lot of hints

Here is why you don't understand the manga and why you should read it again

it was said in the uprising arc and also in chapter 93 Zeke said they are byproducts of the experiments on the titans which in the same arc you didn't understand

In chapter 99 Isayama make Anne father show up to bring her back in the coming event this is how we call *good writing* , obviously in the next chapters we will know
but you wasn't that smart to realize this by yourself

because no one had know about that they are a threat before willy speech

I guess now I proved to you that you don't understand the manga at all

Now go re read it

Ok, I completely forgot about chapter 93 since that came out A YEAR ago, my bad.

On the other hand, we still have no confirmation on Annie's situation, what her father said on chapter 99 was just about her promise.

I'm pretty sure the other countries know about Titans since Marley uses them as well, but fair enough about them maybe not having any knowledge about Paradis Island.

But my point still stands, I just don't like some aspects of the story and you're making it about me not understanding the story.

I'm still interested enough to hang on until the end, I've been following this manga since the beggining so I'm not gonna drop it. And the fact that I don't like some things about it are not gonna change as well because those are my opinions, not my lack of knowledge about the story.

Why can't you just accept that I'm not as much of a fan as you and move on?
May 13, 2018 9:11 PM
Aug 2016
sim0n2170 said:
Erwin was ranked most popular in the latest poll

Oh really? Missed that. Well, I can guess why.
(But some people will stay salty forever.)
May 14, 2018 1:39 AM

Dec 2017
It feels so surreal that Sasha is actually gone. Even if she was more of a supporting character than a main character, from the beginning she's always been there, as a source of comedic relief and as a shoulder to lean on for her friends and teammates. It felt like she would survive to the very end, always being there for those she cares about and giving them the strength they need to see this conflict through to the very end. It's so hard to believe that she actually is legitimately deceased. Guess that's Isayama for you, he just loves breaking the hearts of his fans. Being an SnK fan for so long since the anime first aired, I've learned to control my tears, but the empty feeling of despair is still there.
shikinoutaMay 14, 2018 11:23 AM
May 14, 2018 7:31 AM
Apr 2018
A good marleyan
Is a dead marleyan
May 14, 2018 8:15 AM

Apr 2017
Wittmann_SS said:
A good marleyan
Is a dead marleyan
gabi is an eldian tho

still life: pink roses
May 14, 2018 2:50 PM
Apr 2018
sunako199 said:
Wittmann_SS said:
A good marleyan
Is a dead marleyan
gabi is an eldian tho
i know , but she was brain washed that is the why i hate marleyans they make people from the same race kill each other
May 15, 2018 8:32 AM

Jun 2009
Holy shit, Mikasa actually cried for Sasha, never expected that.

Also, so much Gabi hate. I don't really dislike her.

Now that it's out that Eren was acting on his own and everyone else only joined to save him, they really need to explain what Eren's plan was. Because right now it seems retarded as fuck "get captured so the others have to come up with a plan and therefore attack". Although that would fit Eren I guess...
grandy_UiDMay 15, 2018 8:42 AM
May 15, 2018 10:57 AM
Oct 2015
*sigh* why it is turn out like this
May 17, 2018 12:37 AM

Dec 2014
I was like how a kid learned the 3d maneuver gear like that...damn gabi respect..but still sad about Sasha...mixed feelings
May 17, 2018 2:24 PM

Apr 2012
Title of this chapter : feels man

May 21, 2018 2:52 PM

Feb 2009
It has been a very a long time that a manga made me feel anything. Great job. I became actually angry. Why did you have to kill one of the most innocent and likeable characters in the most pathetic way possible?

Also: anyone hating Gabi should also hate Eren too, because they are made of the same mold.
May 21, 2018 7:36 PM

Aug 2017
idk if I missed it, but does anyone know how long Eren's been away from Paradis?
May 22, 2018 12:22 PM
Jan 2016
You know, when you watch Game of Thrones, characters' deaths have a purpose and pretty well handled. This one? Not so much. It's like mangaka wanted to kill her just for lulz.
May 24, 2018 4:36 AM
May 2017
DanteRU0312 said:
You know, when you watch Game of Thrones, characters' deaths have a purpose and pretty well handled. This one? Not so much. It's like mangaka wanted to kill her just for lulz.

That was the point, in reality especially in war, not everybody will die like erwin!! Also Sasha died because she left the kid alive, its called Karma!!
May 27, 2018 12:39 PM

May 2017
Noooooo Sasha Q__Q
Aug 9, 2018 11:18 AM

Dec 2015
I can't believe what happened to sasha. It was really hurting.
Aug 16, 2018 12:40 PM
May 2012
With that smile, I think she likes Connie....too bad she died.
Sep 28, 2018 9:39 AM

Dec 2015
Sad T-T
RIP potato girl :(
Oct 19, 2018 2:56 PM

Jul 2014
FUCK. WHY. REALLY?
Nov 4, 2018 9:17 AM
Aug 2018
I am so pissed right now, That piece of shit Gabi killed Sasha. I hope she does the most slow and painful death in existence.
Jan 25, 2019 1:23 PM

Apr 2010
They killed the most annoying character in the series, nice.
Jan 30, 2019 4:35 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Shasha died? really? I don´t believe, one of my favourite characters in this manga ended badly! :/
Jan 30, 2019 6:07 AM

Oct 2013
Ranxomare said:
Shasha died? really? I don´t believe, one of my favourite characters in this manga ended badly! :/

He is not dead. Just badly beaten.
Jan 30, 2019 9:25 PM

Aug 2012
keragamming said:
Ranxomare said:

I think the user is talking about Sasha.
Jan 30, 2019 9:51 PM

Oct 2013
sim0n2170 said:
keragamming said:

I think the user is talking about Sasha.

Yeah, you are right I probably was tired when I saw that comment thought he meant Shadis and this is chapter 105, so it would make sense that he is talking about sasha.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 22, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.