Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2018 1:11 AM

Apr 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I would love to see another sequel!! I want to see Tenka's journey as he helps Japan build alliances with countries. I want to continue seeing Soramaru grow as the 15th head of the Kumo shrine, and to see how Chuutarou will develop... I want to see Nishiki adapting to her life as being part of the Kumo family, instead of being a Kumo ninja. :)) Maybe Chuutarou will teach Nishiki how to write and she'll keep her own journal entry too...?

The afterword said there's a sequel called Utakata ni Warau... But isn't that the first few chapters of Donten ni Warau??? I'm confused *____* I hope we could get news on that!! It's sad that Hirari is still looking for Botan... Even Mutsuki brought his shadow form to fight last chapter.... >< I'm curious about how this gets resolved!

Hmm....I choose to perceive Tenka and Kiiko as childhood friends. Tenka teased Kiiko about not having potential husbands, and he himself hasn't thought of marriage anytime soon... I wonder what Kiiko's job is now...?

It's great to know that Inukai and Shii retired. Good luck to Sousei in the navy too.

Those two last pages of photos... ;_____; The Kumo family when it was the five of them... LOL to that one picture of Soramaru and Tenka having bruises on their heads and a sign, stating that they promise not to fight and break the door again. xDD Baby Chuutarou is the cutest thing <33

That one image of Shirasu having his legs crossed (no headband yet), carrying Chuutarou who was a baby and crying in his arms, and Soramaru smiling behind Shirasu... Too precious <33 I wonder what Tenka did to encourage them to take that photo? ;P

Was I the only one hoping to see Shirasu again?? I know Shirasu is leading his clan but I want to know how he's doing... ;_____; I was hoping for something, like Shirasu watching how the last battles played out last chapter... I know it makes more sense for Shirasu to not be around the Kumos anymore because of his clan, but...I still haven't let go of him LOL

Could I have another coincidental encounter with Shirasu and at least one member of the Kumo family?? I'm just sad at how much their past is remaining as a past LOL... It just feels like there's no possibility of a reunion, which is probably true... Ugh, I haven't gotten over this. Watching trailers of the second movie, which focuses on Shirasu's past (more detailed than the manga) brought out the feels too haha!
May 14, 2019 9:07 PM

Jan 2011
omg i was hoping for more on shirasu too T_T it just feels so sad that it had to end like that between them...especially after seeing the collage of pictures with him and the 3 brothers :( but i understand shirasu’s inner turmoil of caring for the kumou’s vs his promise with his brother

i’m also really confused about the utakata no warau thing. i really wanted to see hirari find botan and how mutsuki would help him do it!!
May 15, 2019 1:13 PM

Apr 2016
wank said:
omg i was hoping for more on shirasu too T_T it just feels so sad that it had to end like that between them...especially after seeing the collage of pictures with him and the 3 brothers :( but i understand shirasu’s inner turmoil of caring for the kumou’s vs his promise with his brother

i’m also really confused about the utakata no warau thing. i really wanted to see hirari find botan and how mutsuki would help him do it!!
Wow, I'm surprised! I didn't expect to receive a response. Thanks for commenting about the confusion regarding Utakata ni Warau! I did a quick Google search, and found a page for it on mangaupdates. So, one volume of the story was completed in 2018. I submitted a page for the series here on My Anime List, so I hope to see it in our database soon! And the next step is to either find raws or wait for translations to read it LOL x)) I have faith that Botan and Hirari will reunite with Mutsuki's help <33

I'm also happy to meet someone who understands where Shirasu is coming from. People can hate him at first, but it gets complicated especially when we learn about his past. I still haven't seen any of the film adaptions (I can't find subs lol), but I can tell it's much more tragic in the second movie. :/ It's a bittersweet feeling knowing that Shirasu and the Kumos are now living apart. It pulled on my heartstrings when Tenka spoke to Shirasu (disguised as an old man) and was confident that Shirasu is alive. It's sad because they just know each other so well, huh? x)

I was watching Kaji Yuki's (Soramaru's seiyuu) show called KAJI100!, and he invited Takahiro Sakurai (Shirasu's seiyuu) as a guest. I lol-ed at how silly they were. But even our characters' voice actors have a nurturing and fun relationship. Kaji said Sakurai has watched over him/was a good senpai, and Sakurai then joked that he's been watching Kaji since he was little lol. I got a bit of feels there because I then got reminded of the times when Shirasu and Soramaru would support each other and cook together in the kitchen ><

Although, I feel comforted that Nishiki is with the Kumos now. She not only gets a home and does not follow the Fuuma lifestyle, but she's also watching over the Kumos in Shirasu's place :-) After all, Shirasu's brother did suggest that Shirasu did not tell Nishiki about the Fuumas' revival for the Kumos' sake.
May 15, 2019 2:07 PM

Jan 2011
Cloe900311 said:
wank said:

Wow, I'm surprised! I didn't expect to receive a response. Thanks for commenting about the confusion regarding Utakata ni Warau! I did a quick Google search, and found a page for it on mangaupdates. So, one volume of the story was completed in 2018. I submitted a page for the series here on My Anime List, so I hope to see it in our database soon! And the next step is to either find raws or wait for translations to read it LOL x)) I have faith that Botan and Hirari will reunite with Mutsuki's help <33

I'm also happy to meet someone who understands where Shirasu is coming from. People can hate him at first, but it gets complicated especially when we learn about his past. I still haven't seen any of the film adaptions (I can't find subs lol), but I can tell it's much more tragic in the second movie. :/ It's a bittersweet feeling knowing that Shirasu and the Kumos are now living apart. It pulled on my heartstrings when Tenka spoke to Shirasu (disguised as an old man) and was confident that Shirasu is alive. It's sad because they just know each other so well, huh? x)

I was watching Kaji Yuki's (Soramaru's seiyuu) show called KAJI100!, and he invited Takahiro Sakurai (Shirasu's seiyuu) as a guest. I lol-ed at how silly they were. But even our characters' voice actors have a nurturing and fun relationship. Kaji said Sakurai has watched over him/was a good senpai, and Sakurai then joked that he's been watching Kaji since he was little lol. I got a bit of feels there because I then got reminded of the times when Shirasu and Soramaru would support each other and cook together in the kitchen ><

Although, I feel comforted that Nishiki is with the Kumos now. She not only gets a home and does not follow the Fuuma lifestyle, but she's also watching over the Kumos in Shirasu's place :-) After all, Shirasu's brother did suggest that Shirasu did not tell Nishiki about the Fuumas' revival for the Kumos' sake.

haha i just finished it and really had to talk about it even if no one would respond. i initially started dnw without thinking much, but i really grew to love it as the chapters went on.

i hope one day we can get that translation hehe i'll be waiting. i was wondering, do you know what's going on with rengoku no warau? it's stated as ongoing on mal and other manga websites but it hasn't been updated in a while...i want to start it but i don't want to be left hanging ahaha

yesss omg at first when i was really upset at his betrayal but after seeing his past with his brother...how could anyone blame him for sticking with him? when shirasu said something along the lines of wondering how his brother stayed waiting for him in that cell for all those years it really got to me T_T i appreciate that tenka still cherishes shirasu and wants him to return...ahhhh if only we got to see something like that happen but that seems too good to be true. in a way, don't you think it would be a bit disrespectful to kotarou? we really CAN'T win ;___;
however, i can't wait for the movies to get subbed...i know i'll get my heart broken but it's worth it i want to see them again ;-------;

wankMay 15, 2019 4:46 PM
May 15, 2019 6:52 PM

Apr 2016
@wank That's how I feel too when the feels bottle up! I just gotta let it out, even if people don't reply to me xD This series is still one of my favourites :))

I recommend you reading about our ancestors from 300 years ago!! :) We got twin Kumos, but their relationship with the village is very different from our trio Kumo brothers here... I'm honestly curious which Kumo twin was the direct ancestor of our Kumo brothers .________. and what happened to the other twin who is not the direct ancestor. </3 The story is ongoing as we speak, and Karakara Kemuri tweets about it herself x))

I wasn't upset but my friend was LOL. Seeing how Shirasu was created, I told myself there must be a reason behind his actions! The Kumos wouldn't have trusted Shirasu so much if he were pure evil (which no one really is). Seeing the moments the four of them spent together...they were family :-) And I think you can tell when someone is genuine or not. It speaks volumes that Tenka let Shirasu raise Soramaru and Chuutarou with him (and we know Tenka's brothers mean so much to him).

I see what you mean about it being disrespectful if Shirasu chose to stay with the Kumos. Yes, that would make Shirasu and the Kumos happy, but it would not be acknowledging the years Kotarou spent locked up. Sadly, the younger twin spent his whole life locked up, with his identity being hidden... :'( From what I saw in the second movie's trailers, Shirasu owes it to his parents too to stay with the Fuuma clan LOL.

It's so bittersweet that even when the Kumos and Shirasu aren't together, Shirasu still looks out for them. :)) That's why when Shirasu was disguised as the old man, he told Tenka about the Orochi revival experiments, and Tenka immediately ran back home. That was Shirasu's way of telling Tenka to go home and protect his brothers.

however, i can't wait for the movies to get subbed...i know i'll get my heart broken but it's worth it i want to see them again ;-------;
^ This is totally me LOL. I'm ready to get my heart broken!! XDD
Cloe900311May 15, 2019 6:57 PM
Apr 5, 2021 3:02 AM

Dec 2014
Wth, I am expecting at least some Sora and nishiki romance story, but there is none!
Signature removed. Check your inbox

More topics from this board

Poll: » Donten ni Warau Gaiden Chapter 16 Discussion

Cloe900311 - Apr 3, 2018

0 by Cloe900311 »»
Apr 3, 2018 10:56 PM

Poll: » Donten ni Warau Gaiden Chapter 15 Discussion

Cloe900311 - Mar 5, 2018

0 by Cloe900311 »»
Mar 5, 2018 8:58 PM

Poll: » Donten ni Warau Gaiden Chapter 14 Discussion

Cloe900311 - Mar 5, 2018

0 by Cloe900311 »»
Mar 5, 2018 8:23 PM

Poll: » Donten ni Warau Gaiden Chapter 10.5 Discussion

Cloe900311 - Nov 4, 2017

0 by Cloe900311 »»
Nov 4, 2017 8:30 PM

» Donten ni Warau Gaiden anime announced

Baka_Debakar - Mar 12, 2017

2 by Cloe900311 »»
Mar 13, 2017 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.