Forum Settings
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2018 1:21 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Arata enters Destroy Mode! But the chapter then swiftly focuses on Chihaya's game and ends with Shinobu.

nb. I cannot read it since even though I know quite a few languages the one used for this chapter is not one of them. Will wait for j-raws to show up.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 2, 2018 7:53 AM

Nov 2015
I freaking hate Arata so much!

I'm hoping Taichi kicks his ass once and for all.

Go Taichi! You're the best!
May 2, 2018 9:42 AM

Oct 2012
That first panel!!!!!
Jraws:

Craws:
chiakimagotoMay 2, 2018 9:45 AM
May 3, 2018 2:11 AM

Feb 2011
shanimebib said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Arata enters Destroy Mode!

WOW!!!! I REALLY LOVE THE FIRST PAGE OF THE CHAPTER: MY REACTION OF ARATA'S EXPRESSION REALLY GOT ME EXCITING: GO ARATA, BRING IT, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Thank you Chiaki-chan for sharing us the link to look at the raw scans of the latest chapter, I really appreciate it. :)
May 3, 2018 7:42 PM
Mar 2015
Shinobu is having a hard time watching Momo and Chihaya. Ise has no business talking to her about who she is rooting for since she will play the winner no matter who that is.
Momo came out strong and Chihaya is struggling At some point the Blunderer went completely over the top about Momo's play. He played with Momo and is rooting for her. He needs to chill out You cannot yell "MOMO, MOMO,MOMO" in the middle of a karuta match
Harada went ballistic at Chihaya because she has forgotten everthing he told her and is totally relying on her speed. The look on his face surely can't help Chihaya since he is the person Chihaya loves like a father.
It will be interesting to know what Inokuma and Sakurazawa are talking about
landofthekwtMay 16, 2018 8:18 AM
May 4, 2018 1:18 AM
Feb 2018
Lack of Taichi vs Arata in this chapter.
Will Momo vs Chihaya match mirror Arata vs Taichi match again?
May 13, 2018 6:05 AM

Apr 2014
hypeeee for arata, destroy that annoying taichi goooooo
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Aug 26, 2018 10:55 AM
Sep 2016
AcceleratorAngel said:

Mother of God, Taichi is the most mistreated character in the manga world. Leaving taichi's childhood aside (when he was a fool) he has been with Chihaya all the time, supporting and taking care of her but Arata appears twice in her live and she fall in love quickly doing that everything made Taichi rubish with a single word "sorry". I say all this to show that in this chapter Taichi had been transformed in a kind of Mister Hyde without feelings.
Aug 27, 2018 11:41 AM
Mar 2015
Taichi has not been mistreated He is rich,smart handsome and athletic. His future as a doctor and eventual head of his family's hospital is paved with gold. What he did was whine about how bad he had i Mommy does not appreciate me Chihaya does not love me. I am not talented.
Suo cured him of all this. He can deal with his mommy, avoid chihaya and realize that he is talented'
Taichi does have feelings. he just wants Arata to admit that he is his rival. He wants to watch over Chihaya helping her out when needed ,but at a distance and as an equal in their quest to Meijin and Queen. He even disarms his mom these days by complimenting her. She now wants his approval. Even wants to help Suo who is now his best friend by giving him back the family he left behind 9 years ago
landofthekwtAug 27, 2018 11:45 AM
Sep 21, 2018 1:28 AM
Sep 2018
Jotayc said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

Mother of God, Taichi is the most mistreated character in the manga world. Leaving taichi's childhood aside (when he was a fool) he has been with Chihaya all the time, supporting and taking care of her but Arata appears twice in her live and she fall in love quickly doing that everything made Taichi rubish with a single word "sorry". I say all this to show that in this chapter Taichi had been transformed in a kind of Mister Hyde without feelings.

Arata is the one who is going to lose. Just wait and watch. And Taichi has never been mistreated. It is the fault of your assumptions that failed to understand his character. If I were in Taichi's Place, I'd have ended up as the main antagonist. But Taichi is different from any other normal person and that what makes him the best.
Feb 4, 2023 9:57 PM
Jun 2013
I want Arata to smoke Taichi, but I bet it goes to a luck of the draw...my guess is Arata's card will be read, and he would have won, but he will concede the win to Taichi. 

Chihaya needs to get it together. Hopefully she wins 2-0...although, with this thing about making the Queen match 5 rounds in the future, I can guess that will foreshadow a third match for Chihaya. 

More topics from this board

» Problem with this manga.

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 22

3 by Suiely_c-ute »»
Mar 28, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 247 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MaahHeim - Jul 31, 2022

197 by chiakimagoto »»
Mar 18, 1:31 AM

» Chihayafuru Sequel - Chihayafuru plus - kimi ga tame announced

ItzElite - Oct 31, 2023

19 by CelticMindset »»
Jan 2, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 205 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

79 by Zooincle »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:39 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 134 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2014

15 by Zooincle »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.