Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 29, 2018 6:55 PM
Jan 2017
I just finished this series and I gotta say, i like the interesting an unique idea of both turning into different forms w/ whatever you drink, and making the feelings of love into a rainbow drink. I also LOOOOVE the super kawaii art-style. But i feels like it was lacking in something, meaning I feel they could of added a lil more to the story perhaps.
Overall I give this an 8.5/10
Jul 13, 2021 7:52 PM
Jul 2020
The idea for 'Pixie Pop' is cute, but it could’ve been a whole lot more. This potentially could’ve been a magical girl series if there was more effort with the plot. There are so many ideas that could be made for so many liquids and transformations, and it could affect multiple characters, not just Mayu. There was only one other character affected by a magical drink, but that’s about it.

The romance between Mayu and Amamiya was completely forced with no chemistry to build upon it. If the plot focused strictly on the partnership between Mayu and Pucho, rather than Mayu chasing Amamiya for his “love”, it would’ve been a stronger story. No romance would have more impact honestly. Mayu is so fixated with Amamiya that it comes across very unhealthy throughout the time reading this.

'Pixie Pop' was just ok. I do give this manga credit for Mayu and Pucho's relationship. It was fun to read their duo dynamic and it genuinely made me laugh. It’s nice re-reading Ema Toyama’s debut and seeing now how far she’s progressed as a story writer and artist!
azenobioJun 29, 2022 1:20 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pixie Pop Chapter 12 Discussion

Xmoonblade - Jan 2, 2012

0 by Xmoonblade »»
Jan 2, 2012 2:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.