Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 29, 2018 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
Zehennagel said:
mcrta_weeb said:
I feel really awkward because of it so am I the only one?

the fact that most people loved clannal after story, in my opinion, is because these were all people who liked enough clannad to watch 23 episodes of it, and then continued and watched the sequel. for anybody who didn't like the first season, they will either drop or not watch the sequel, that means almost only people who liked clannad at first watched the second season, it's just normal that they will like it. and since it gets better, people who love it will say" the first 23 episodes arebad, but then it's good...!
but why should I trust your opinion, since this opinion is the opinion of someone who liked clannad, which I didn't?
whoops, started rating suddently, but thats kinda my theory
(no hate on clannad but the" it gets good later" makes no sense to my eyes.)

I'm not saying you should watch the second season, but there are legit people who didn't think the first season was good but did think the second season was good.

Clannad is kind of mixed, but the second season delivered one of the most cathartic scenes in the medium.
Apr 29, 2018 6:51 AM
Nov 2016
Here is a medal for you, I am very proud of you.

/s

Apr 29, 2018 9:09 AM

Jul 2017
TripleSRank said:
Zehennagel said:

the fact that most people loved clannal after story, in my opinion, is because these were all people who liked enough clannad to watch 23 episodes of it, and then continued and watched the sequel. for anybody who didn't like the first season, they will either drop or not watch the sequel, that means almost only people who liked clannad at first watched the second season, it's just normal that they will like it. and since it gets better, people who love it will say" the first 23 episodes arebad, but then it's good...!
but why should I trust your opinion, since this opinion is the opinion of someone who liked clannad, which I didn't?

I'm not saying you should watch the second season, but there are legit people who didn't think the first season was good but did think the second season was good.

Clannad is kind of mixed, but the second season delivered one of the most cathartic scenes in the medium.

indeed I have recently gone through all my droped animes and decided to give them justice and try again those that I wasn"t sure about droping(well on hold now).
but most of the time people who say that liked the 1 rst season(or the first episodes of a long running series), at least a bit .

but I've heard that, and also that guy whos name I forgot did a review on hxh and he hated the begining and loved the rest. so i was thinking" maybe it's possible for a series to start bad and then become good later but these case are extremely rare( and I liked the begining of hxh, well it's nothing compared to the rest but still I din't dislike it)

STILL the argument" it gets good later" isn't enough for me, elaborate, spoil me I don't care but just " it gets better" isn't enough for me exept maybe the 2nd episode is better or whatever.

plus, just having a bad first episode and the rest good makes no sense because the first episodes are here to grab the audience's attention.
Apr 29, 2018 9:20 AM

Oct 2010
I didn't cry either and about the stuff 1st season vs 2nd season I liked the first one a lot more. The second was like a life gone bad sim, which was ok. I liked Kyou, end of story.
Apr 29, 2018 9:21 AM

Nov 2017
One of the dumbest threads ever. Congratulations.
Apr 29, 2018 9:26 AM

Jan 2018
mcrta_weeb said:
I feel really awkward because of it so am I the only one?

You heartless monster...
I mean.. hell, even Walter fucking White would cry..

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 29, 2018 11:23 PM

Jan 2013
wueue_ said:
One of the dumbest threads ever. Congratulations.

"I'm triggered REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" :D
Apr 30, 2018 12:54 AM

Aug 2017
I also didn't cry. So, you're definitely not the only one. But that's obvious I think.
Apr 30, 2018 1:05 AM

Apr 2012
It's not obligatory. I didn't cry from Grave of the Fireflies. Just didn't move past the "yeah, I already know life was like this for loads of people" reaction. Different things work for different people.
Apr 30, 2018 1:15 AM

Nov 2016
TripleSRank said:
Zehennagel said:

Like this guy here. I gave the first season a 5/10 and the second season a 9/10. It's just so much better.
Apr 30, 2018 5:59 AM

Aug 2015
mcrta_weeb said:
Zero-Jack said:
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Clannad. The drama is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of social workings most of the drama will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Tomoya's basic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from harem literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of the drama, to realize that it's not just funny- it says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Clannad truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Tomoya's existencial catchphrase "fuck" which itself is a cryptic reference to him bieng a fucking pussy. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as the writer's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. πŸ˜‚ And yes by the way, I DO have a Nagisa tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
what is this referencing because I've seen this lots of times but still don't know?

It's originally from Rick and Morty meme.
Apr 30, 2018 11:39 AM

Nov 2016
Atleast you know in your heart that you are an evil heartless person

thats all that matters
Apr 30, 2018 4:07 PM

Feb 2017
I was considered to have no emotion, yet I've shed a tear while watching. But then again, it could have been the fact that I haven't blinked while watching, but I connected with the characters. It's not guaranteed to make anyone cry, so you're good.
Apr 30, 2018 4:08 PM

Jul 2015
I didn't cry either but I'm not a bitch, so there's that.
Apr 30, 2018 4:09 PM

Mar 2017
I also didn't cry, but it was a good anime nonetheless.
Apr 30, 2018 4:14 PM

Aug 2016
Based said:
Congratulations. Now on to Phase 2

Lmfao, what other show could start with the main character hanging from a tree.
''My mom and dad both tried to get taller too''

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
JokerVenturaMay 1, 2018 11:31 AM
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
May 1, 2018 1:19 AM

Jan 2010
Moved from Anime Discussion

Ehh....I'll suspend judgement until I actually finish the series. If it's anything like Kanon, I'll at least give it props for its production value. Anyways, yeah, you're not alone TC, though you've walked into one hell of a minefield in that regard.
May 2, 2018 1:26 AM

Nov 2016
I can understand why u didn't cried...actually if u compare the life of the characters with ur own situation it will definitely hit u...i cried a bit not gonna lie..
“𝔖𝔬π”ͺ𝔒𝔱𝔦π”ͺ𝔒𝔰 𝔦𝔱’𝔰 π”«π”’π” π”’π”°π”°π”žπ”―π”Ά 𝔱𝔬 𝔑𝔬 π”²π”«π”«π”’π” π”’π”°π”°π”žπ”―π”Ά 𝔱π”₯𝔦𝔫𝔀𝔰.”

Sep 22, 2018 2:53 AM

Aug 2017
I really wantedto cry but i couldnt...
Sep 30, 2018 7:03 PM
Nov 2016
That's not your fault, just like how people don't cry about every other person dying every second all over the world. It's a testament to the quality or lack thereof of the show.
Dec 9, 2020 5:23 PM

Oct 2020
Yeah I didn't really feel sad watching it because it was fictional and everyone spoke like a cartoon character. I didn't feel like I was watching real people, all of the conversations and characters just seemed too bizarre. The kawaii giant eyeballs also made it less sad. Still a great story though, it hit hard when Tomoya realized the truth about his dad. Not trying to sound like a tough guy tho I have cried plenty over some sad documentaries and such

Dec 12, 2020 8:26 AM
Dec 2020
Personally, the emotions I felt will watching Clannad could never be matched by anything. For the rest of my life I don't think I will ever feel as much emotion. But there's no good that comes from comparing your experiences to other's.
Jul 19, 2021 2:00 PM

Dec 2019
mcrta_weeb said:
btw I cried at lots of other animes especially Violet Evergarden
I have only cried only once in anime, and that isn't Clannad.
Texhnolyze? Ashita no Joe?
Jul 19, 2021 2:26 PM

Aug 2019
You monster. (30 char limit).
Jul 23, 2021 2:25 AM

Apr 2015
Honestly, you can't measure how emotional the show is only by whether you cry or not. Yes, making you cry does leave a strong impression, but at least in my case, after I realized how fcked up my crying senses are, I don't rate emotional anime based on tears.

My eyes are constantly dry, sometimes I refer to them as Sahara, and lately I don't cry that often during emotive scenes. I usually have to put a bit of effort to shed a tear. And I'm talking about scenes which are emotional as hell and I'm truly feeling the emotions and feel like they deserve my tears. But still, sometimes nothing happens. Then there are times, when I'm probably just in some very emotional state and even just some stupid supermarket advertisement can make me cry. I think this is very unfair and that's why I don't think "I didn't cry" == "Its the shows fault". I have just as much influence on my emotional state as does the show.

But regarding CLANNAD, when I watched it for the first time I cried like a little baby, also probably because the ending wasn't spoiled for me. When I played the visual novel I cried a lot less then during the anime but there were still instances when I cried. When I re-watch some emotional scenes they usually don't make me cry. But there are occasions when they make me cry once again (especially during some family ralated scenes). Maybe you would cry if you watched it once again and in more emotional state? Not like you can influence it very much.

What I want to say, your mental state and surrounding also affect how immersed and emotional you can get.

PS:Animals are one thing that almost never fail to make me cry. To an extent where even a happy living dog makes me shed tears.

Edit: I wanted to add in case it wasn't clear, there isn't anything wrong if you didn't cry.
Jul 23, 2021 5:28 AM

Oct 2020
I've only cried with Violet Evergarden but episode 18 and 19 destroyed me, especially when Akio says to Sanae that she could cry. That scene was devastating.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.