Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
May 6, 2018 9:48 PM

Feb 2017
LMAO that wasn't even a real fight xD
May 6, 2018 9:59 PM

Jul 2011
So many things in this arc remind me of other series... I can't help but compare Kota to the fisherman's grandson from one of Naruto's early arcs. xD

What a great battle, but strangely enough I feel like it would have left a greater impact if they broke it 2-3 episodes. There were so many turning points/comeback moments. But damn, that was so exciting, my heart my pounding!

May 6, 2018 10:15 PM
Aug 2017
BRUH WHATS THE NEXT PUNCH?? COMPTON or sum shit? THIS EPISODE WAS SO FUCKING AWESOME. Its been FUCKING MONTHS SINCE I WATCHED ANIME LIKE THIS
May 7, 2018 5:12 AM
Feb 2017
This episode is among those episodes where the anime trumps over the manga
May 11, 2018 6:24 PM

Jun 2015
SanOro said:
for anyone confused about the 1 million thingy here's the author's comment about it

shit like this needs to be addressed in the anime too.....

bcz if muscular wasnt literally unraveled and killed by a million percent all for one, that too , not a vaccum inducing or air current punch but an actual fist to the face, all for one looks weak as shit. I actually thought it made deku weaker bcz it feels like he used a 1m% punch in the anime.

even if he himself says that muscular countered it, if it was actually 1m% muscular shuldnt have been able to counter it either. so that explanation makes sense.

but stuff like this needs to be in the anime too.
May 18, 2018 11:55 AM

Feb 2015
So, he won using asspull power-up with his broken arm and a splash of water...

How is there not a massive outrage about major battle shounen BS going on in this episode's fight?

Taito10 said:
This series is becoming new Fairy Tail.

Fairy Tail at least tried to make up explanations for BS happening (for most of it at least). The BS in this episode reached heights I've rarely seen in battle shounen before - OK, maybe with the exception for Dragon Ball Super, but that anime was an absolute disaster anyhow.
MilenninMay 18, 2018 12:01 PM
May 18, 2018 12:48 PM
Jul 2015
Milennin said:

How is there not a massive outrage about major battle shounen BS going on in this episode's fight?

Taito10 said:

Fairy Tail at least tried to make up explanations for BS happening (for most of it at least). The BS in this episode reached heights I've rarely seen in battle shounen before - OK, maybe with the exception for Dragon Ball Super, but that anime was an absolute disaster anyhow.
maybe he just tapped into the real power of all for one. Izuku has his moments.
May 18, 2018 11:37 PM
Apr 2018
Milennin said:

Taito10 said:

That wasnt 1mi percent tho, ot was his actual 100 percent which will be explained in a few episodes. Besides, its obviously less than 1mil percent because in that case muscular shouldve been a bunch of pieces in the air
May 19, 2018 12:39 AM

Feb 2015
RubyP said:
Milennin said:

That wasnt 1mi percent tho, ot was his actual 100 percent which will be explained in a few episodes. Besides, its obviously less than 1mil percent because in that case muscular shouldve been a bunch of pieces in the air

It doesn't matter what it was or wasn't. The fact he overpowered an enemy who was completely dominating him for the entire fight with a splash of water and a broken arm is complete and utter BS. Seeing the amount of praise the episode gets is simply baffling to me. Where did all the shounen haters go? Because literally any other shounen pulling even remotely similar BS would get shit on and called trash by the majority of watchers. I'm left wondering why this show gets a free pass.
May 19, 2018 1:05 AM

Aug 2017
Milennin said:
RubyP said:

It doesn't matter what it was or wasn't. The fact he overpowered an enemy who was completely dominating him for the entire fight with a splash of water and a broken arm is complete and utter BS. Seeing the amount of praise the episode gets is simply baffling to me. Where did all the shounen haters go? Because literally any other shounen pulling even remotely similar BS would get shit on and called trash by the majority of watchers. I'm left wondering why this show gets a free pass.

Because it was entertaining that's way & he didn't just brute force it, there was a little ingenuity there in opening up his hand, thus creating an immense gust of air pressure that made an opening so he could directly hit the body. Its not that hard to see.
I used to be a watchmaker.
May 19, 2018 9:49 AM
Apr 2018
Milennin said:
RubyP said:

Why should it get hate when it's a 1-time mistake on Kohei Horikoshi's part? He openly apologised for his mistake and nothing remotely similar has happened in the manga as of Ch.183. Besides, the execution of the fight was great, so people seem to ignore that "plot convenience". Although, I do think that some kind of explanation would be a good idea, like maybe Muscular's muscle fibers being slightly weak to water, which could also explain how Kota's parents managed to give him such a scar.

Other shounen get such hate because they do this often, FT does this alot and I don't recall ever seeing any explanation besides power-of-friendship boosts.

MHA is just a well written show, so people seem to forgive these mistakes as long as they don't occur again.
May 19, 2018 10:53 AM

Jul 2017
I think seeing, whatever that water kids name is, try to fight gave midoriya the extra strength he needed to knock the villain out. Like he was able to pull more power out from the one for all. I honestly didn't think it was THAT crazy of a jump in power. It was just for a moment. I'm pretty sure he says that it wasn't enough to stop him, but it was enough to stall while they got away.

May 22, 2018 1:36 PM

May 2014
Best ep so far. This show is really growing on me. 6/5
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Aug 12, 2018 2:33 AM

Jun 2013
Monoma is at is again lol he has such an awesome quirk but he turned into the butt of jokes. Poor guy, he's pretty good-looking too and has potential but unfortunately he's just way too fucking salty. I hope he redeems himself later on.

Damn what a coincidence that the villain that attacked Kota turned out to be the same guy who killed his parents. That's some Marvel shit right there.

LOL at Spinner getting flustered by Mandalay's trick. He may be a villain but he's probably a virgin that has never been with anyone.

Gonna be honest, I was kind of tired seeing Deku grtting his ass handed to him by Muscular but he at least got one good punch in using 100% of his power. Then he went and used a fucking million percent and destroyed Muscular. I'm pretty sure he's still alive though.

Kota finally showed us his quirk. He's like Squirtle.
臭い-
Aug 30, 2018 5:13 PM

Jan 2017
Man... this was crazy
Sep 3, 2018 4:11 AM

Jul 2013
Dammit Deku why are you so fucking cool? Anyway, that muscle dude reminds me of the armored titan... I hate the armored titan and he was looking for Bakugo lol to recruit him probably. Bakugo's got all the qualities of a villain, first he's annoying, second he's annoying and lastly guess what he's fucking annoying! Also, that water kid can be very powerful if he can control the speed and pressure of his water spray cause water can cut anything. I think they use it cut diamonds.
Sep 26, 2018 11:03 AM

Aug 2007
So, Muscular looking like Bakugo is a red herring?
I'm wondering if this was intentional...

Oct 1, 2018 12:10 PM
Apr 2018
This episode was insane.

This is why I love My Hero Academia!
Oct 3, 2018 9:18 AM

Aug 2015
i wasn't crying during the final parts of this episode what are you talking about

...At least let me finish.

Oct 3, 2018 9:39 AM
Jan 2017
ok,, this seris of bokuno hero academia is the best fight scene ever,,
deku is great when he can controlled his power and beat the villain,,
Oct 3, 2018 9:50 AM
Jan 2017
but for the final episode i think there not gud thing,, imean some thing great if place in ending there give us the point..
Oct 3, 2018 10:30 AM

May 2012
Damn that was more than intense of an episode! Is that deku's utmost power form? Or is it still untamed? Really impressive and to have a direct connection with that kids parents was quite something! Let's find out what happens next.
Oct 7, 2018 5:20 AM

Feb 2015
Whew... that smash gave the same amount of goosebumps as All Might's Plus Ultra.

Good stuff! I hope there are more hype inducing fights like this.
Oct 11, 2018 5:11 PM

Mar 2014
C'mon that was so gay, 1000000% ? Really ? C'mon
Oct 14, 2018 8:36 PM

Jul 2013
So the villains are in action. I was wondering about Aizawa but Dabi attacked him imidiately after Aizawa left the building. I hope he's okay. Dabis ability looks interesting. Blue flames, I hope they will explain it later.

Omg what did that villain with the students. There was half of an arm on the ground wtf. And exactly that's the guy Bakugou and Todoroki are facing. He reminds me on Nemesis from Resident Evil.
And also all that blood on the stone table. I don't have a good feeling about this.

Such irony. Kota is facing the villain who killed his parents. Good thing Deku came in the last second to rescue Kota. But Musculars ability looked interesting but at the same time very dangerous. It's almost the same as Dekus "One for All" by becoming faster and stronger. Poor Deku. First his left arm got broken when he tried to parry a hit and then his right arm suffered when he used 100% "One for All".

I really thought it was over, but at the same time I also knew nobody would come to help. And what came after this was just mindblowing. I had almost the same reaction as in season 1 when All Might fought at the end. 1000000%? Omg that's just nuts. Muscular went to sleep after that hit.

I don't want to think about Midorias arm at this point.....

Overall great episode!

Oct 17, 2018 7:19 AM

Aug 2017
It's been a while where I had an interest in a shounen. Amazing battle.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 5, 2018 11:55 AM

May 2013
YAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSS, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU WERE SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY LITTLE HERO DEKU-KUN ILY TTOTT

Got goosebumps all over at his Plus Ultra, aaahhhhh~ <33333333

I think the League of Villains are after Baku bc they might want to make his hot-headed personality into a villain? Not to mention he's strong. Strong and angry make for gr8 villains :3 but I've always liked that contradiction with him wanting to be the best hero tho
Nov 10, 2018 1:34 PM
Jan 2017
Omg deku 10000000 % smash was lit!!!! Deku is such a bad ass!!!DAMN
Dec 12, 2018 12:02 PM

Mar 2012
not the best fight. i know deku had nothing else to do in this situation. he couldn't run and he couldn't lose the fight, but i hate when he had to fuck himself up all over when fighting, it's incredibly cringy.

sometimes i think he did have a regeneration quirk because he should have lost his arms a long time ago.
Jan 27, 2019 1:31 PM

Nov 2007
And this is why I read the manga AND watch the anime <3

(Manga for the better pacing/consistent art.
Anime for the ACTION, color, VAs, and OP/ED.)

Feb 22, 2019 4:19 PM
Mar 2018
A million percent? Detroit and Delaware? And a "SMASH"? I'm baffled at how mediocre and predictable the writiing has become. Anything above 100% is not a bonus, it's a sign that the writers don't know what sense is anymore. The season should've ended here, because the chosen boy wonder should be dead for getting 1,000 over his "power" outcome. Also, Detroit is neither in Delaware, nor a state, but I guess it shows that the writers kind of noticed their mistake with the naming of the movie. But someone should've also told them that if you steal popular ideas from recently deceased comic-icons you should get it at least a small amount right, because calling a punch a "smash", is like calling a fishstick on fries "sushi". However, I need a detox now after seeing this bullcrap and hope that Crunchyroll is ruinign itself with their own produce, before the nextest season of this hype-cycle airs...
Apr 14, 2019 4:54 AM

Mar 2018
Kota is so annoying...
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Apr 15, 2019 7:51 PM
Jan 2019
Kota never understood why hero's fought of what they fought for. One of the Pussycat's (his Aunt) told him that one day he would understand when he meets a hero who would risk his/her life for him. Midoriya was that hero. He changed Kota's views through what he did for him, he risked his life for Kota despite rarely knowing him. Only 3 days with the little guy and Midoriya was willing to throw away his own life in order to spare Kota's, a true heroic act.

Again, this ties into a message from last episode, from Todoroki. He said that sometimes words aren't enough, and that action sometimes needs to be taken to change someone's beliefs or views, and Midoriya did that. We saw that he was unsuccessful on his first attempt to change Kota's view on quirks and heroes through words, but it just wasn't enough. However, when Midoriya put his own life on the line for Kota, it completely changed his outlook. Deku didn't even realize how he was influencing Kota through his actions, he just used his instincts to keep fighting. He may not have realized it, but instead of altering Kota's view through words, he did it through action in the heat of the moment. These themes arw weaved through episodes and I fully expect more like this in future episodes coming from the quality of My Hero Academia.
Again though, Words vs action.

I kinda knew Kota was holding back a quirk, Deku said it himself that it was uncommon for children to be born quirkless when descendants of quirk users. Maybe it isn't as strong as his parents, but he definitely has one and my suspicions were confirmed towards the end of the episode.

Very inspiring, awesome, and well-told story. 10/10 episode
May 12, 2019 6:51 PM

May 2016
While everyone's trying to fight off the villains that have just arrived, Deku ran off to save Kota at the last second right before the kid got pulverized by his parents' murderer. That right hand of his went through hell a million times in that one fight... He already broke it once after he put a 100% into it but doing it again right after and pushing with a power way beyond everything he's ever done while he was getting crushed by Muscular must've turned his bones into powder.

If it wasn't for Kota being brave enough to be a hero and fight the bad guy with everything he had, he wouldn't have any hero to look up to for the rest of his life.

May 26, 2019 7:07 PM
May 27, 2019 6:46 AM

Mar 2015
That was crazy!!! Loving this show more with each episode.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 24, 2019 7:47 AM
Jul 2018
How did the villains know where they are?

Wow, Midoriya you used 1,000,000%? Wait, so how much can All Might get into?
Aug 26, 2019 2:36 PM

Dec 2016
The fight was crazy!!! Super intense!! Great episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 3, 2019 7:46 AM

Dec 2015
Decided to rewatch this arc, and it might be even better then I remembered. A shame that after that we had the weakest arc of the series and I could only give a 8/10 for this season. For now, I'm gonna upgrade my score just to show my appreciation for this arc.
And I really hope S4 follows this style (focusing on creating extreme tense moments), instead of what happens next arc (pretty much cliche shounen storytelling)
Oct 14, 2019 1:41 AM
Jan 2019
This episode is goddamn mediocre and nonsensical lmao. Here he punched and punched stronger without any basis at all. He kinda did just because he must save the kid. Please at least make Deku pay something for everytime he uses his power.
Nov 12, 2019 9:05 AM
Mar 2019
thiago52192 said:
Decided to rewatch this arc, and it might be even better then I remembered. A shame that after that we had the weakest arc of the series and I could only give a 8/10 for this season. For now, I'm gonna upgrade my score just to show my appreciation for this arc.
And I really hope S4 follows this style (focusing on creating extreme tense moments), instead of what happens next arc (pretty much cliche shounen storytelling)

Agreed! I decided to watch everything back before starting s04 as well. In my first watch through I thought this was definitely one of the weaker arcs in the series..boy was I wrong. I moved the first two seasons down to 8/10 and bumped this to a 9/10.
This was easily one of the most explosive fight scenes in MHA anime thus far. Pure action and emotion. And now seeing Hirokoshi's explanation of the one million percent smash really helps clarify Midoriya's power scaling issues that were relevant discussions when this season first aired and I think just adds an even greater sense of determination to his character.
Dec 3, 2019 12:43 PM

Feb 2008
I miss the Deku who fought with his head. Whenever GUTZ!!! is the answer, it just feels like the author gave up and took the laziest path he could think of.
Dec 5, 2019 11:50 AM
Feb 2017
jacobpaige said:
I miss the Deku who fought with his head. Whenever GUTZ!!! is the answer, it just feels like the author gave up and took the laziest path he could think of.

Sometimes you can’t use your head when you’re against someone who is leagues above you. Heck right when the fight started he was knocked around like a rag doll, there was no way he could create a strategy to beat him.
Dec 5, 2019 6:07 PM

Feb 2008
BlakexEkalb said:
jacobpaige said:

Sometimes you can’t use your head when you’re against someone who is leagues above you. Heck right when the fight started he was knocked around like a rag doll, there was no way he could create a strategy to beat him.
When they're vastly stronger than you is exactly when you should use strategy. Its practically the entire point of strategy.
Dec 6, 2019 5:36 AM
Feb 2017
jacobpaige said:
BlakexEkalb said:

When they're vastly stronger than you is exactly when you should use strategy. Its practically the entire point of strategy.

What kind of strategy would he have used against Muscular? He was beaten like a rag doll when the fight started (broken left arm), and then he had to save Kota by blasting him away with a 100% smash. Sure he could’ve saved his 100% for later, but you really think he’d be able to maneuver around Muscular to grab Kota in the first place? Either way, he outclassed Deku when it came to quirk knowledge, battle experience, and the ability to sustain his power without any strain. That’s why the reason why Deku won was Muscular underestimated his strength and Deku was able to burst him down with a powered up 100% while Muscular was in a vulnerable position and distracted. Anyways, Deku already stated how post-100% smash he couldn’t outrun Muscular in the first place, so running isn’t an option and he would lose in a battle of clashing fists.
Dec 6, 2019 6:36 PM

Feb 2008
BlakexEkalb said:
jacobpaige said:

What kind of strategy would he have used against Muscular? He was beaten like a rag doll when the fight started (broken left arm), and then he had to save Kota by blasting him away with a 100% smash. Sure he could’ve saved his 100% for later, but you really think he’d be able to maneuver around Muscular to grab Kota in the first place? Either way, he outclassed Deku when it came to quirk knowledge, battle experience, and the ability to sustain his power without any strain. That’s why the reason why Deku won was Muscular underestimated his strength and Deku was able to burst him down with a powered up 100% while Muscular was in a vulnerable position and distracted. Anyways, Deku already stated how post-100% smash he couldn’t outrun Muscular in the first place, so running isn’t an option and he would lose in a battle of clashing fists.
One could easily have designed the scenario so that Deku had to think his way out of the problem and use his limited resources in an intelligent manner to protect the kid and defeat or escape from the enemy. He chose a Gutz! resolution instead, and that is what I have a problem with.

But, if you want the play-by-play of what he could have done differently for the scenario as written then:
1) He could have told people where he was going. He had the opportunity, but chose not to. It wouldn't have made a huge difference, but he seemed to believe otherwise.

2) When he initially jumped in and grabbed the kid, he could have picked him up and immediately started running instead of standing there, waiting for the guy to monologue and attack again.

3) He could have used his martial arts training to fight, which would have resulted in him dodging, parrying or deflecting blows rather than trying to directly block them like an untrained amateur that's never been in a fight before, thus avoiding being smashed about like a rag doll.

4) He could have tricked the guy into charging off the cliff. He seems like the sort that would fall for it, and its not like it would kill him.

5) Like the guy said, the attack from behind was way too obvious. If he'd attacked in a sneakier way, or aimed at destroying the guy's legs, then it might have actually given him the leeway to run away.

6) When he destroyed his own arm, he could have dove off the cliff with the kid and protected him on landing, thus getting a massive head start on running away from the guy while he was still recovering from the 100% blow.

7) For the final hit, I'll refer you once again to #3. Even a little bit of force redirection would have sent the enemy flying into the wall or off the cliff.

8) Alternatively, he could have used his powers indirectly to create clouds of dust and shrapnel to obscure himself and the kid as they ran away, instead of just giving up on fleeing because he wasn't physically stronger than his opponent. So long as he could create enough distance to allow him to stash the kid, his options would have opened up dramatically for dealing with the guy.

9) He could have spent more time training to make use of his limited power in more intelligent ways (mostly by keeping the power active as much as possible and training his martial arts far more often than he ever does), or brought along some form of weapon to help him deal with those who outclass him (stun baton, gas grenades, a staff, etc.).

10) He could have picked up random stones and used them as projectiles to create more options for himself. Though, this would also require him to have trained in throwing stuff, like an intelligent person with his power would have done.
Dec 6, 2019 9:18 PM
Feb 2017
jacobpaige said:
BlakexEkalb said:

One could easily have designed the scenario so that Deku had to think his way out of the problem and use his limited resources in an intelligent manner to protect the kid and defeat or escape from the enemy. He chose a Gutz! resolution instead, and that is what I have a problem with.

But, if you want the play-by-play of what he could have done differently for the scenario as written then:
1) He could have told people where he was going. He had the opportunity, but chose not to. It wouldn't have made a huge difference, but he seemed to believe otherwise.

2) When he initially jumped in and grabbed the kid, he could have picked him up and immediately started running instead of standing there, waiting for the guy to monologue and attack again.

3) He could have used his martial arts training to fight, which would have resulted in him dodging, parrying or deflecting blows rather than trying to directly block them like an untrained amateur that's never been in a fight before, thus avoiding being smashed about like a rag doll.

4) He could have tricked the guy into charging off the cliff. He seems like the sort that would fall for it, and its not like it would kill him.

5) Like the guy said, the attack from behind was way too obvious. If he'd attacked in a sneakier way, or aimed at destroying the guy's legs, then it might have actually given him the leeway to run away.

6) When he destroyed his own arm, he could have dove off the cliff with the kid and protected him on landing, thus getting a massive head start on running away from the guy while he was still recovering from the 100% blow.

7) For the final hit, I'll refer you once again to #3. Even a little bit of force redirection would have sent the enemy flying into the wall or off the cliff.

8) Alternatively, he could have used his powers indirectly to create clouds of dust and shrapnel to obscure himself and the kid as they ran away, instead of just giving up on fleeing because he wasn't physically stronger than his opponent. So long as he could create enough distance to allow him to stash the kid, his options would have opened up dramatically for dealing with the guy.

9) He could have spent more time training to make use of his limited power in more intelligent ways (mostly by keeping the power active as much as possible and training his martial arts far more often than he ever does), or brought along some form of weapon to help him deal with those who outclass him (stun baton, gas grenades, a staff, etc.).

10) He could have picked up random stones and used them as projectiles to create more options for himself. Though, this would also require him to have trained in throwing stuff, like an intelligent person with his power would have done.

At this point, you’re just nitpicking every single detail of the fight (which you’ll probably say you’re not but sure whatever floats your boat).
Dec 7, 2019 6:42 AM

Feb 2008
BlakexEkalb said:
jacobpaige said:

At this point, you’re just nitpicking every single detail of the fight (which you’ll probably say you’re not but sure whatever floats your boat).
No, I definitely am, but its really not the point. The point was the fight overall leading up to Gutz! based conclusion when it didn't need to.
Apr 1, 2020 9:20 PM

Jan 2017
the power scaling really doesn't make sense in this stupid show but whatever,the show still has some good openings!
Apr 7, 2020 11:59 PM
Jul 2018
---___ said:
for anyone confused about the 1 million thingy here's the author's comment about it

Well that explains that stupidity of an asspull by deku that was severely poorly written
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

120 by Vindicater »»
Apr 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

51 by Vindicater »»
Apr 20, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

43 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

169 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2018

230 by Vindicater »»
Apr 13, 6:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.