Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 28, 2018 1:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice episode, I honestly like the thrilling feel of it as the heroes realize the dangers they are in. Poor Kota. The kid is scared as hell until Deku came right on time to make the save. The OP song kinda foreshadowed that he would be the one to fight Muscular though.

I have to admit, Muscular is scary when he gets serious. The one on one action between Deku and Muscular is badass~

Dekuuuuuuuuuu, 1000000% smash!
Stark700Apr 28, 2018 3:00 AM
Apr 28, 2018 1:50 AM

Jan 2012
Episode 42 this week, "My Hero," adapting Chapters 74 - 76 from Volume 9 of the original source manga. The villains are here! Watch out when facing Dabi Aizawa! Everyone's entering into troubles, but at least they're paired off. Well except Kota! Who has run into the source of his tragedy. Thank goodness Deku arrived in time, like a badass. And showing off that heroic spirit. 1,000,000%? Gotta love it. XD
animefan8800Apr 28, 2018 3:07 AM
Apr 28, 2018 3:00 AM

Feb 2018
Great episode but it annoys me that so many anime villains keep liking their lips before fighting why is that a thing it just looks wiered..
Apr 28, 2018 3:04 AM

Feb 2018
Also I really like the music in this season so many nice battle osts so far
Apr 28, 2018 3:04 AM

Jan 2017
Holy shit that was intense. DELAWARE DETROIT SMASH!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 28, 2018 3:08 AM

Apr 2017
for anyone confused about the 1 million thingy here's the author's comment about it

Apr 28, 2018 3:08 AM

Feb 2011
STUDIO BONES ON STEROIDS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
Apr 28, 2018 3:12 AM

Sep 2017
I like how the patterns for each fights can be easily spotted. It's more like formulas in math

MC Deku + super MC all might + plot armor and powers = N/a

"The universe was made, just to be seen by my eyes."
Apr 28, 2018 3:12 AM

Dec 2014
Amazing episode, I've been waiting so long to see this animated and Bones delivered.

That scene with Dabi blasting Aizawa was really cool.
Kota comes into contact with the villain who killed his parents. :(

The League of Villains seem to be after Bakugou, but why?

This episode brings out why I really love Deku as a protagonist. There's just something about the way he showcases that pure heroism and self sacrificing spirit that I find so incredibly moving. I really love how during the entire fight even though he's unsure if he can even beat Muscular, he's always trying to make sure he stays strong just for Kota. The scene where's he getting pummeled down by Muscular and he keeps asking to run away was really emotional especially when it seemed that he'd almost accepted his fate. I know I teared up when I read it in the manga and I couldn't stop tearing up when I saw it here. :(

ALSO, DELAWARE SMASH!!!
The part where Deku pushes himself up and the scene where Delware rips Muscular's muscles, holy shit! Fantastic production for the fight.

" It's true they ended up leaving you behind, but there were definitely lives saved because of what happened to them.
I'm sure someday you'll meet someone and then you'll understand.
Someone who'll risk their life to save you, Someone who'll be
'My Hero' "

So much heart in this episode, I love it. <3

I love how they played Koutekishu to Kaite Tomo to Yomu as opposed to You Say Run to make the episode a lot more emotional during the climax of the fight but I won't deny that a small portion of me wanted to see You Say Run played as Deku did the Delaware Smash.

I personally thought that it was Deku who was saying the final monologue to Kota and finally screaming "My Hero" when I read it the manga, I guess I was wrong since it's actually Mandalay's words that Kota remembers.

Huge Props to Bones for production this episode. I can't really explain how happy I am that they're the ones handling BnHA.
PLUS ULTRA!
Lelouch0202Apr 28, 2018 3:20 AM
Apr 28, 2018 3:18 AM

May 2015
Obviously knew they'd allocate resources here similarly to all the key moments we've had in the story up to this point. Hard to tell where I'd put this episode and fight beyond maybe top 3? Fantastic episode regardless and best adaptation possible. Studio bones doesn't diasapoint!

Apr 28, 2018 3:20 AM
Aug 2017
This episode was amazing! My adrenaline was pumping throughout the whole fight, it was executed so well. Definitely a little nervous for a few of the other hero's, but I can't wait to see them stepping up and protecting others like deku did this episode. He really is the true definition of a hero.
Apr 28, 2018 3:25 AM

Mar 2008
Holy fuckin shit that fight was bad ass. Deku's 1,000,000% Delaware, Detroit Smash floored that guy.
Apr 28, 2018 3:26 AM

Nov 2016
The action on this episode was amazing. The feel of danger that the heroes are confronting is intense.

Deku vs Musculae was expected as it was showed in the OP. Great fighting with a gorgeous soundtrack that helped to be even better. He animation was spot on. Muscular is a scary villain and strong, such a mad man. Deku almost giving up and Kota helping him was the best moment.

Kota having a development was good realising the job of the heroes. Deku's 1.000.000% spirit smash was epic!
Apr 28, 2018 3:29 AM

Mar 2018
I GOT GOOSEBUMPS!!!

The sense of danger I felt towards the end of that episode had me on the edge of my seat. I kept waiting for All Might or someone else to come help but when Midoriya started pushing up I jumped out of my fucking seat.

Fantastic episode. Just epic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2018 3:30 AM

Jul 2017
Whilst that fight with Deku vs Muscular was super generic and very formulaic, since Bones is GOAT with action anime, they put 1000000% epic heart and soul into this fight, cause even with the generic structure for the fight, IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!

That fight was so goddamn hype material and season 3 has finally delivered an awesome episode. Not perfect, but who fucking cares. That animation was fantastic.

Apr 28, 2018 3:33 AM

Aug 2017
Haha Goddamn, boy do I love ya Bones. :)

MHA really did get the perfect studio.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Apr 28, 2018 3:35 AM

Apr 2018
this episode was just fucking fantastic, and the fight was bad ass as fuck. I know the fight was pretty generic, but with the way studio bones handled it, it was a treat to watch.

super hyped for the next episode
"it's a confession of love, after all."

:。・:*:・゚’★,。・:*:・゚’

Apr 28, 2018 3:41 AM

Sep 2015
Its been so long for me to get a hype from a shounen anime.

SanOro said:
for anyone confused about the 1 million thingy here's the author's comment about it

Hysterical Strenght + One For All but Hysterical Strenght alone is already broken anyways = Midoriya on this episode.
ZBlastHistoryApr 28, 2018 3:45 AM
Into the Internet!
Apr 28, 2018 3:42 AM

Sep 2014
Ha! Bones really knows the trick how to deliver such epicness from such a generic fight. Really enjoyed the episode and Kota's development here.
Apr 28, 2018 3:44 AM

Feb 2013
This episode was perfect.
Apr 28, 2018 3:45 AM

Mar 2018
THEY F*CKING NAILED IT !!!

That was fantastic !! My expectation were at their hightest and they f*cking delivered !!! Jeez I'm usually calm about these but that was beyond awesome !!!

The soundtrack (my god it was unexpected but it fitted perfectly), the animation, the tension, the voiceactors...everything was on point !!

People are gonna remember this episode.

Apr 28, 2018 3:46 AM

Nov 2016
That was so damn goooooddddddd !!!! Delaware Detroit smashhhhhhh
“𝔖𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢𝔰 𝔦𝔱’𝔰 𝔫𝔢𝔠𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔞𝔯𝔶 𝔱𝔬 𝔡𝔬 𝔲𝔫𝔫𝔢𝔠𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔞𝔯𝔶 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰.”

Apr 28, 2018 3:48 AM

Aug 2016
Damn they adapted that fight so well, amazing episode.
And the soundtrack once again was really something else, really excited for the rest of this arc.
Apr 28, 2018 3:51 AM
Mar 2018
A very strong start for the action this season. Also I find it funny that the stronger Deku hits the more specific the location of the 'smash' becomes
animesnobbot3000Apr 28, 2018 9:24 AM

Apr 28, 2018 3:53 AM

Oct 2015
THAT. WAS. AMAZING.
Apr 28, 2018 3:57 AM

Apr 2017
GreeenSponge said:
Damn they adapted that fight so well, amazing episode.
And the soundtrack once again was really something else, really excited for the rest of this arc.
eh idk I didn't really liked the placement of the soundtrack for some scenes but the animation was fucking godly.

Apr 28, 2018 4:00 AM
May 2016
OMG Bones did a masterpiece episode right here. As a manga reader of bnha I can only say thanks to them.
Apr 28, 2018 4:01 AM

Sep 2017
Extremely well done adaptation of the Muscular fight.

The music was on point for me, the animation was absolutely fantastic and Daiki Yamashita blew it out of the park with his voice acting. Just amazing. And this was just the Muscular fight. I can't wait to see what Studio Bones has in store for what will probably be the most impactful fight of the series.
Apr 28, 2018 4:04 AM

Jan 2009
holy shit 1,000,000% One For All is real i thought that was just a wrong translation in the manga lol

SanOro said:

ah thanks for posting this its just too good to be true lol
Apr 28, 2018 4:07 AM
Nov 2017
dehuman said:
holy shit 1,000,000% One For All is real i thought that was just a wrong translation in the manga lol
it’s nof real , it was just his emotions boiling out and it was his battle cry . The author already said that it’s not a real thing
Apr 28, 2018 4:08 AM

Jun 2017
I've read this arc in the manga and all, but I love it and need more. That was totally awesome.
Apr 28, 2018 4:10 AM

Aug 2013
holyshit, this was more intense than the manga version
props to Bones studio
clap
Apr 28, 2018 4:10 AM
Oct 2016
That was fucking intense.
I think my mouth was open most of the time.
That tension holy shit.
Apr 28, 2018 4:11 AM

Jun 2014
Sweet baby fucking Jesus this episode felt 5 minutes long. I don't care if this fight was generic or if some people feel like it's formulaic shounen stuff, it was absolutely amazing. The voice acting, the OST, the emotion, the animation, everything was on point!

I mean, if Bones went all in on this episode, then I can't wait to see the animation (and hear the OST) for the later fight I'm looking forward to.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 28, 2018 4:12 AM

Sep 2016
That was just so amazing I cant believe I cried it was just so inspirational I couldnt hold it together!!!
Apr 28, 2018 4:12 AM
Nov 2017
Fight was super generic but bones really did it justice . Just goes to show you how the anime is better than the manga and that’s no disrespect to the manga because I like it also but bones takes it to another level just like what they did with Noragami . Time to go save my boy bakuGOAT tho .
Apr 28, 2018 4:15 AM

Jan 2015
Studio Bones has critically damaged my anus
I. WAS. NOT. READY. FOR. THIS. GREATNESS!!!
Apr 28, 2018 4:21 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
THIS WAS AMAZING!! I kept pausing cause I couldn't handle everything at once >.<

I didn't expect to be THIS hyped so early in the season, but now my expectations are high! I hope it continues to be so INTENSEEEE!!
Apr 28, 2018 4:29 AM

May 2017
"A Hero can always break out of a tough spot" all might greatness

Bones is just so f'ing clean.. They always deliver its unbelievable.

shayed__Apr 29, 2018 2:31 AM
Apr 28, 2018 4:30 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Brilliant, top-notch episode, this. Studio Bones took it to the next level here with the exhilarating action choreographies, gorgeous ost and mesmerising animation.
Coupled with that the emotional impact of the epsiode, 10/10.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 28, 2018 4:31 AM

Mar 2012
Woot, I was waiting to see how this would be done. It was done quite well! Now further chaos shall ensue with the rest of the villains and the students! Can't wait to see how that's handled as well!
Apr 28, 2018 4:31 AM
Apr 2017
first time in awhile i got goosebumps in an anime shit got me sweating and shaking holy great episode
Apr 28, 2018 4:34 AM

Jun 2011
You could say that this was Deku's version of Bell's Minotaur fight.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Apr 28, 2018 4:36 AM

Dec 2016
Holy shit, the soundtrack is amazing. It amplified everything to the max.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2018 4:37 AM

Jan 2014
the real 1.000.000% One For All would destroy the entire camp with a single punch, or even more. that's just an emotional battlecry.

now I know Dabi powers. I thought it's like a smoke or something, since I read in manga and it doesn't have a color, so I don't know if it's a fire. but it turn out to be a blue fire. damn that's so cool.
Apr 28, 2018 4:42 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
THEY DID IT
THEY ANIMATED THE FIGHT

Holy crap that was amazing. My heart was pounding. I screamed at the climax (no pun intended).
ONE MILLION PERCENT DETROIT SMASH!!!
Apr 28, 2018 4:49 AM
Sep 2016
I know people only care about fighting in anime so they'll love this but mahn the writing in this anime is so stupid.
I get that BNHA is one of those series where no-one's allowed to have an honest opinion besides "OMG. BesTeST" so label me a hater or whatever.
(God knows I'm the easiest to please when it comes to anime but this was just kinda insulting)

The gas immediately became a non-issue with people who had to hold their breath having all the time to talk.
A villain who could take down 2 professional heroes loses to some kid due to the power of plot.

Oh right...the muscle villain : "Let me just conveniently be the one to walk into the kid whose parents I killed and decide to take off the mask I've been wearing for no reason so he can recognize me after a random ID reveal because plot"

Of course the villains don't kill anyone they openly have a chance to...surprising XD

And lol.. There's legit no sense of tension in this thing as hard as it tries to take itself seriously.... You know with all the threats in the world the person in danger will totally be safe by the end

What's that? Oh no... Muscle guy is gonna kill the kid....will noone make it in time??
(heroic trumpets)...Here comes Deku to save the day at the last moment (cough...just like the Stain arc..cough)

Oh yah... So Deku says he knows where the kid is and told no-one / the people worried about the kid didn't ask after the dude said he knew where he was
(then wow...of course the phone breaks this time XD)

and there's no telling anyone One for All isn't total BS right now... I get that whole idea of Deku being unable to use 100% was to cause some plot reasons to power up as an excuse to show the MC's "growth" but lol...couldn't help but laugh when Deku said "One million percent" ..geez. ..XD

(I won't even get started on how dumb that kid disrupting the fight was)

The animation was great though (as stupid as what was going on in them is)
..hats off to the animators mahn.
Also the voice acting for both the Japanese dub and English dub was spot on.

I straight up have the worst taste in anime and even I couldn't take all that nonsense in one ep like mahn..the more MHA progresses the more I wonder why I liked it so much.

Look.. I know we're all supposed to say everything about MHA is perfect and it's the greatest anime since sliced bread became a thing so I won't be surprised by the insults from fanboys coming my way.. Someone had to say it . Sorry .
Hope the writing improves. This was horrible.
I totally agree this is pretty overrated at the moment but again we only care about fights so no surprise if everyone feels the episode was pure greatness.
JudoJDApr 28, 2018 4:56 AM
1.1.Six
Apr 28, 2018 4:52 AM

Oct 2017
I was actually expecting You Say Run in this episode but that fight was still great without that. Honestly though, a bit bummed out by the animation in the first half because I thought it was going to be better but the second half of Deku vs Muscular delivered. Man, the visuals! I knew it was going to be 'Plus Ultra' right there and then. Deku is definitely the definition of madman here and Muscular was even more scarier now that he's animated.

The fact that lots of raw emotions were pouring out during the fight, even though it was a formulaic Shounen fight as people already said, meant that goosebumps and excitement crashed down on us with full force. The great uses of choreography and shots told a story of risks and heroism in the face of a menacing villain. With battle-ridden injuries, Deku stood out against crisis, protecting a boy in the process.

"My Hero" indeed.
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
Apr 28, 2018 4:55 AM

Dec 2008
This episode was incredible. I love Deku so much. The bit where he was holding him back and telling Kouta to run. Feeeeels. And then when he believes he's done for and apologizes to his mom and All Might. HOLY CRAP THE FEELS!

That was such a good episode. It really makes me want to read the manga, but it probably won't have the same impact.
Apr 28, 2018 4:56 AM

Dec 2013
JudoJD said:

The gas immediately became a non-issue with people who had to hold their breath having all the time to talk.

yeah that part was prrety weird. todoroki wasn't covering his nose at all and was talking normally
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

43 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

169 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2018

230 by Vindicater »»
Apr 13, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

52 by Lushi7 »»
Apr 12, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2018

217 by Vindicater »»
Apr 10, 12:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.