Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2018 5:05 PM

Apr 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode 1 Discussion
May 26, 2018 11:15 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
This OVA is pretty infuriating. On a technical level it's so impressive. Small intricate details, hand painted backgrounds (the trees were damn amazing), and the music was so lovely, and even the character designs outdated as they are now looked so well together with movement details like no other.

But this story is BORING. Like I'm exponentially tired of love triangles and maybe it wasn't outdated in the 90's but it's sure as hell bland. And these characters are hard to even give a damn about. It's so hollow. And the sci-fi aspect is just tacked on for not even a fun or interesting reason, just BECAUSE.

I have to assume it's a 1 to 1 adaptation of the manga which makes it even more sad.

5/10 this deserved a better story or at least better execution / writer.
Oct 26, 2018 6:50 PM

Jun 2014
This was interesting. Memories from the future, transported into bodies of the past. I feel sorry for Kara, but at the same time, I'm glad that Toshiaki remained with the girl he is in high school with. It would've been a real shame for him to throw away the new memories he has made with her, and Kara understood that.

Mar 27, 2019 9:47 AM

Feb 2008
If I were to sum this OVA up in one word it would be "quaint". In other words, it wouldn't have been terribly exceptional even if I had seen it back in the day it was released (yes, that is possible). Watching it decades later just made it an oddity from a time long past...which is somewhat ironic given the type of story it presents.
Dec 19, 2019 4:31 AM
Jul 2018
Seira... Seira.. SEIRAA!!

love this ending sequence :)

I enjoyed it, it's so visually pleasing, those aesthetics of sunset time, trees, nature, their faces, everything.. so beautiful and lovely.

The story was underwhelming, although it did give some sort of strange magical feel, due to all the things they say about time and to watch something so old today, you feel aware of time :)
Apr 2, 2020 6:59 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
I get it but I don't.... like, how are you expected to remember things from before you were 6 years old? Why would you need to remember those? ......

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Sep 12, 2020 2:25 PM

Jun 2013
Typical single OVA to attract manga readers. This type of OVA went out at that time, worked as a publicity piece.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.