Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 27, 2018 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was inevitable but about time Mirza faces off against Theo. He made his intentions pretty clear too. Theo becoming the ruler of Bulltava is quite an achievement. The invasion of the Forest of Darkness begins!

The episode had more fan service than I had thought...but honestly, I felt it was pretty awkward to "inspire" the troops.

Strategy planning for this war is really moving forward.
Stark700Apr 27, 2018 9:48 AM
Apr 27, 2018 10:08 AM

Jun 2015
Mirza's forces tries to fight against Theo's in the forest, but they couldn't do anything and had to retreat. They're sure are backed into a corner. Standing naked in front of all those soldiers is quite the strategy to inspire them.
Apr 27, 2018 10:19 AM
Sep 2015
Haman soldiers should undress all their clothes too! Why're they still wearing bottom? Their leaders are completely naked! Milza's gonna need her 'trick' in the next episode lol.
Apr 27, 2018 10:23 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The forest environment and Theo's forces knowledge of it will help blunt Milza's forces and negate his advantage in numbers. The skilful use of the various races though was impressive. The battle of wits between Siluca and Milza's strategist though is interesting. Communicating with magic sure is interesting in this world though. Theo's ploy though sure was a good one and managed to reduce Milza's army significantly. Hmm the nord leader sure is a energetic and fearless lass. By far the most surprising plan was Eudokia and Laura's naked plan to inspire the troops which when combined with the undercover lord was surprisingly effective. Looks like the noose is starting to close around Milza. Looking forward to how the battle will turn out next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2018 10:40 AM

Nov 2016
The battle finally begins. Mirza's army pretty much had a defeat like predictable, so they had to retreat. Wasn't a fan of the scene, felt rushed.

The way to encourage the army was really awkward. The fan service was strong on this episode. The final battle seems to be near as Mirza is surrounded by the enemy.
Apr 27, 2018 10:50 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Sometimes I have a hard time reading which noble is on which side. Makes it hard to follow. At least I'm getting the pleasure of seeing Milza squirm.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 27, 2018 10:59 AM

Mar 2018
What the hell happened?? How can getting naked win you a war? I thought it was strategies and speeches like Churchill did during WW2 not this thing. I'm speechless.
Apr 27, 2018 11:01 AM

Sep 2007
Okay why Theo didn't aim to kill Milza in the forest? He stood by walls of his castle with just a handful of soldiers. Easy target...
Also, I--- I think Haman and their strategy to inspire soldiers reached new levels of "don't treat that anime seriously even if they seem to convince you it is serious record of epic war" :'D

But I sense the end of Milza so I'm content.
Apr 27, 2018 11:10 AM

Jul 2017
Fine buildup episode for Mirza vs Theo. Nothing much to note about after that.
Apr 27, 2018 11:54 AM

Sep 2017
I've seen the biggest orgy in anime history. I hope inspirational speeches like these will become the norm in the near future.

"The universe was made, just to be seen by my eyes."
Apr 27, 2018 12:01 PM

Mar 2018
spumante said:
ImmortalDao said:
What the hell happened?? How can getting naked win you a war? I thought it was strategies and speeches like Churchill did during WW2 not this thing. I'm speechless.

Attractive women + anime logic ?

And that's good but this is too much broken anime logic. Every ep after the ninth made me flip the table for the "realistic strategies" and "logical choices". The whole suspension of disbelief is so deep that a full dream with no cause and effect would be a lot better. This people are smoking hard stuff and for god sake I want it too because with this story the author made money while I'm poor as a shoe.
Apr 27, 2018 12:02 PM

Dec 2012
RIP Milza. 5-10k vs 80k.
NainApr 27, 2018 3:20 PM
Apr 27, 2018 12:05 PM

Mar 2018
AyunaAni said:
I've seen the biggest orgy in anime history. I hope inspirational speeches like these will become the norm in the near future.

This kind of speech will be able to show it's true value in an animated show with a lot of skin exposure, bland censorship and very good seiyuu that makes the entire show value rise like over 9000: also called hentai.
Apr 27, 2018 12:14 PM

Sep 2017
Good laugh.
We need to see more of these.

"The universe was made, just to be seen by my eyes."
Apr 27, 2018 12:16 PM
Jul 2017
If highschool dxd wasnt enough i am now entirly convinced. Tits are the greatest source of strenght to ever bless this earth!
Apr 27, 2018 12:37 PM

Aug 2010
That "strategy" from Haman was the stupidest thing I've seen in my life. Almost made me drop this anime, but I want to see Milza get fucked even more.

Normally I don't comment on this series, but my god that was stupid
ThRippJckApr 27, 2018 12:40 PM
Apr 27, 2018 1:41 PM

Aug 2013
Kek naked and unafraid
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 27, 2018 3:32 PM
Jan 2017
This episode sees Theo and allies steadily establish a stronghold to liberate Altirk as Mirza gets backed up into a corner. Meanwhile, the people of Haman take an... unusual option in standing their ground against the Alliance forces. It looks like the next episode will feature the big battle, so I can't wait to see what happens.
Apr 27, 2018 3:59 PM

Aug 2013
The sexuality is intrinsically related to the plot in this anime, and I even think all the commotion caused in the castle showing that they have already lost everything (even the clothes and the shame), but when going to battle all naked, I think it was to show that they did not have a second chance, was to believe that the revolt would work well and literally use their own skin as armor, since according to both, many citizens would also be among the soldiers, in this case having armor or not, probably many would lose their lives.

Well, all this still seems pure fanservice, thinking logically taking off the morale of the combatants there was no reason to go naked the battle, the resolution shown in the castle should already be of good size, even so this blonde wizard was much bolder than me I thought she would be, and not that I am against the fanservice, but I wanted also have seen more of the battles, for even though having several battles in this episode, I feel that I saw practically none, for even the invasion of the forest was so quick it did not seem a real fight ..
Apr 27, 2018 4:06 PM

Nov 2008
Can't please everyone - unless you're in Hamam :D lol - Honestly Other than some 'if you choose plan A you auto win if done right or you can choose plan B and fight a long war and have a high chance of losing" Politking that occurred especially early on; i feel the series has actually improved and or become at the very least more entertaining.

though I do think the Hamam people are a bit 'different' than most; in that (if nothing else they were designed for a strategy like this to work) in that what would appeal to most might not to them and what doesn't to most does to them ;p

drama_menck said:
The sexuality is intrinsically related to the plot in this anime, and I even think all the commotion caused in the castle showing that they have already lost everything (even the clothes and the shame), but when going to battle all naked, I think it was to show that they did not have a second chance, was to believe that the revolt would work well and literally use their own skin as armor, since according to both, many citizens would also be among the soldiers, in this case having armor or not, probably many would lose their lives.

Well, all this still seems pure fanservice, thinking logically taking off the morale of the combatants there was no reason to go naked the battle, the resolution shown in the castle should already be of good size, even so this blonde wizard was much bolder than me I thought she would be, and not that I am against the fanservice, but I wanted also have seen more of the battles, for even though having several battles in this episode, I feel that I saw practically none, for even the invasion of the forest was so quick it did not seem a real fight ..

Well from how things are going I would assume there will be several battles and we have 24 episodes to work with; thus I would assume we will get our share of battles.
sirwenceApr 27, 2018 4:09 PM
Apr 27, 2018 4:43 PM

Apr 2015
What? To undress in front of your troops to display that the coffers are empty and that there's no fortune left to dispose of, I can get behind that. But I didn't expect them going butt naked into battle... eventho the battle itself didn't really happen, but they were definatly prepared for it!

I can't wait for Theo and Milza to clash!
Apr 27, 2018 5:09 PM
Apr 2018
Not much action but looks like we'll be getting lots of it next episode. That speech though damn i got my mouth hanging in the entirety of it. That blonde body though ftw. Damn i love Edokia now that's a proud woman. I kind of agree that it's stupid to head into battle in full naked glory even though it didn't happen but at least it brought a smile to me so meh.

Last question am i the only one who thought Edokia and Laura will get gangbanged? Damn i watch too much hentai
Apr 27, 2018 5:20 PM
Apr 2018
ImmortalDao said:
spumante said:

And that's good but this is too much broken anime logic. Every ep after the ninth made me flip the table for the "realistic strategies" and "logical choices". The whole suspension of disbelief is so deep that a full dream with no cause and effect would be a lot better. This people are smoking hard stuff and for god sake I want it too because with this story the author made money while I'm poor as a shoe.

To be fair the writers probably don't expect the majority of viewers to engage in deep analysis of military strategies this anime employs as long they can make things believable enough.
Apr 27, 2018 5:35 PM

Feb 2014
People's resolve from the union are something to be feared with. Milza, Ulrica and Marinne set their death flag the moment they invaded Alrtik. Time for payback!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 27, 2018 5:44 PM
Jun 2017
Episode 16 highlight: "The Naked Lords"- nice one to inspire their army and people of Haman by being naked... hahaha
Apr 27, 2018 5:53 PM

Mar 2012
This episode reinforces that this series has good ideas but just doesn't fucking execute. Everything is so rushed. It got better for a while but this episode in particular felt like a mess. The trajectory of the story is good, but damn, if only this was like 50 episodes.
Apr 27, 2018 6:34 PM

Feb 2016
I told you! Get naked and win battles. It is still entertaining. Bye bye Milza., you should ate that cookie.
Apr 27, 2018 7:26 PM

Oct 2012
I'm excited for what happens next but have to say this build-up episode fell a bit flat. I get that there's a lot of wheels in motion but this was all over the place and hard to follow at times. To top it off the art was pretty derpy at times.
Apr 28, 2018 12:03 AM

Apr 2013
ImmortalDao said:
spumante said:

Comrade I feel you. For a show that is titled "senki" the insult on warfare and strategics are extremely painful. Nothing they do makes objective sense but somehow it works.

Ever since Mirza dedicated his army for sex I gave up on trying to make any sense of this series.

I think the saddest part of this episode is they choose to do a nonsense display of fanservice and some silly speech then downright ignore the warring part of everything and just ends it there. All them titties...just for titties.
Apr 28, 2018 12:49 AM
Mar 2018
Queen is getting naked to "inspire" soldiers... Jesus, guy who wrote this LN is utter imbecile.
Apr 28, 2018 12:49 AM
Sep 2017
Laura: Be Naked in front of your soldiers to win or survive a war

Marrine: Sell your body in order to win and survive the war.

Which is better??
NotTrying2BLazyApr 28, 2018 1:07 AM

Apr 28, 2018 1:10 AM

Aug 2012
Did the author of this series start watching high school dxd while writing this?
Apr 28, 2018 1:23 AM

Mar 2018
ThreadFazer said:

Which is better??

Hard to decide. The only truth is that there are still several episodes and who knows how many of this kind of brilliant ideas have yet to be illustrated.
Apr 28, 2018 1:49 AM

Aug 2013
hmmm........

what
Apr 28, 2018 2:43 AM

Jan 2011
Yo, look at these titties, now fight.
Apr 28, 2018 4:59 AM

May 2012
Good episode, specially that part were they get naked.

Those two should have sex with all the soldiers as a reward for winning
Apr 28, 2018 6:27 AM

Sep 2015
The show is very clear, THE BEST WAY POWERLESS WOMAN CAN CONTRIBUTE IN THE WAR IS WITH HER BODIES . They should turn a whole nation into prostitutes and just win the war, what a noobs.
Apr 28, 2018 6:34 AM
Mar 2016
Edokia has nothing to give since the coffers were all drained out, so what does a buxom queen to do??????? Ans get naked with her Lackey maho Laura in front of her army to get them pumped up for battle. Too bad Ulrika can't match thier shameless guts of being naked.
Apr 28, 2018 8:00 AM

Oct 2013
Damn, now THAT's what I call motivation.

Apr 28, 2018 8:12 AM

Apr 2013
ThreadFazer said:

Which is better??

neither. You dont fight wars on sex basis.

shiro_kai said:
The show is very clear, THE BEST WAY POWERLESS WOMAN CAN CONTRIBUTE IN THE WAR IS WITH HER BODIES . They should turn a whole nation into prostitutes and just win the war, what a noobs.

You just described the plot to kuroinu hentai. XD
Apr 28, 2018 8:29 AM

Mar 2018
Best. Morale boost. Ever.
Apr 28, 2018 8:30 AM

Mar 2018
ManlyTear said:
Damn, now THAT's what I call motivation.

This is undoubtedly the best faction of them all.
Apr 28, 2018 1:12 PM

Jul 2016
Theo is proving to be a worth adversary for Milza. The 2 leaders and people of Haman figured out the proper way to display themselves naked in public.

Apr 28, 2018 1:20 PM

Jun 2014
Best way to motivate your troops EVER ! Why would you give you soldiers an inspiring speech when all you have to do is get naked . MAKES PERFECT SENSE !
Apr 28, 2018 3:00 PM
Jan 2018
ImmortalDao said:

The power of titties
Apr 28, 2018 4:01 PM
Nov 2017
OGAnime said:

The power of titties

I literally came here to say that. Damnit!

Looks like Milza has some what realized his mistake in undervaluing Theo's prowess.. Not alot really happened this episode but a bit of build up for the next one I guess.
Apr 28, 2018 4:34 PM

Feb 2013
But how will we rally the troops?

Get naked.

Apr 28, 2018 5:17 PM
Aug 2015
I remember a nekkid battle of sorts from Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series. At least he had additional reasons baked in (playing on superstitions). At the end of it all, Kahlan discovered she was just a naked lady on a horse. I can't imagine unequipping your entire army being a good idea.
Apr 28, 2018 6:06 PM

Aug 2017
Oh look after the "strange pacing" and the "rape" peoples are now crying about this episode boohoo
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2018 12:00 AM
Dec 2014
ImmortalDao said:
spumante said:

Not really broken. It's still based on some historical facts. I mean Celts fight naked all the time. It's meant to show that you've got nothing to lose. You can't really use your modern understanding here. Kings and queens are beloved and respected characters in their time and to see them desperate to protect their people to the point of nakedness does inspire loyalty and respect.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2018

489 by DesolatePsyche »»
Mar 26, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

146 by Leniam »»
Feb 27, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

61 by nick_el_son »»
Feb 24, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 22 Discussion

Icedout15 - Oct 25, 2018

5 by phantom346 »»
Feb 3, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 24 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - Aug 8, 2018

37 by Princesanatankum »»
Jan 29, 5:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.