Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 27, 2018 4:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, another very intense episode of action and psychology. Those Behemoths...

This time, we're actually getting some mecha action and it's scary to see what they can really do. Always impressed by what Sousuke is doing and in the end, he is able to protect Kaname from harm in all the chaos. The one I felt sorry the most for is Kaname's classmate that got involved in this mess.

There's no doubt she's still feeling fear but Sousuke makes the moment look hopeful at the end.
Stark700Apr 27, 2018 6:22 AM
Apr 27, 2018 6:36 AM

Mar 2008
The battles against the behemoths were awesome. The guy after Chidori is a scumbag for kidnapping Kyouko and strapping a bomb to her. Hopefully Sousuke slaughters him.
Apr 27, 2018 7:02 AM

Sep 2007
Pretty good episode with some mech action, but I am the only one who felt the M9s were moving freaking slow compared to TSR?
Apr 27, 2018 7:09 AM

Jul 2017
Little disappointed that they didn't directly continue from that awesome cliffhanger, but the mecha battle was great and this was a very good episode.

So far, this show is in my top 5 Spring Anime of 2018 and I hope it can stay this way.
Apr 27, 2018 7:41 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Breathtaking action sequences. I felt like the episode lasted 5 minutes.

It was moving stuff seeing them basically confess to each other yet at the same time being scared by the uncertainty of it all. Specially hearing Sousuke saying that he also got scared of her was not something I'd expected to hear at this point.

Xangam said:
Pretty good episode with some mech action, but I am the only one who felt the M9s were moving freaking slow compared to TSR?

They felt like they definitely had a little bit more weight to them. It's a shame KyoAni will never make a mecha anime again
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 27, 2018 8:11 AM
Jan 2012
This episode felt shorter, slower paced and less eventful than the previous two.
Apr 27, 2018 8:20 AM

Dec 2017
After having just finished volume 7 today and started volume 8 of the LNs, I can say it felt like they changed the conversation between Kaname and Sousuke. In the LN, Kaname seemed to want to just give herself to Amalgam instead of the more hopeful one we had.

Nice episode though.
Apr 27, 2018 8:44 AM
Sep 2011
Loop_Stratos said:
After having just finished volume 7 today and started volume 8 of the LNs, I can say it felt like they changed the conversation between Kaname and Sousuke. In the LN, Kaname seemed to want to just give herself to Amalgam instead of the more hopeful one we had.

Nice episode though.

I noticed that too, but a change in this version is necessary, after all Shouji Gatou won't let Tessa "outshines" Chidori in this mini-arc. I dare to bet that she's the one to hatch the rescue plan for Kyouko and school.

Judging from the next episode's title, it will be the last one for book 7, so presumably 3-4eps will cover each volume till volume 9.
Apr 27, 2018 8:58 AM
Mar 2013
Poor Kyoko needs saving. Hurry up secret agent!

Apr 27, 2018 12:07 PM

Jan 2018
I felt there was a lack of Sousuke and Kaname in this one but it was still a pretty solid episode. Definitely excited for next week when hopefully Sousuke rescues Kyoko.
Apr 27, 2018 12:08 PM

Aug 2017
This episode felt like it was only five minues. I couldn't believe it when it ended.
Apr 27, 2018 12:32 PM

Feb 2015
Great episode it seemed to be over in the blink of an eye
Apr 27, 2018 12:55 PM
Apr 2016
I am appalled (at myself, I guess) how everyone is finding the action sequences amazing. Maybe I am just not a "fan" of cheap robotsuits fights? Preferring Aldnoah.Zero ones instead... Oh well.
Re:formed
Apr 27, 2018 1:08 PM

Jul 2013
I hope Kurz will be okay in the next episodes. He can't die, right?
The last scene was super sweet. Sousuke can have poor social skills, but he is a true man who cares for his woman till the end. He's awesome.
Apr 27, 2018 4:44 PM

Aug 2013
It was really great fights and battle scenes in this episode, I confess that at first I was thinking about what Sousuke and Kaname would do, due to the end of the last episode, but then I got quite involved in the action scenes, and stuck in the development of the island, I am really eager to see how everything will happen and who will survive, in both places ..
Apr 27, 2018 5:23 PM

Jun 2017
Pretty action packed episode, also, THIS is how you do CG...that was extremely satisfying levels of fluid. Hope Sousuke whoops some ass next week.
Apr 27, 2018 7:26 PM

Feb 2016
Oh look, another mecha anime wasted with messy potential pace.

Mao, didn't your uprank 'get lost asap' while he was trying to distract the enemy, but you watched him die, then you started to run.

It has been three episodes and still no cool Arbalest action. Really, bad!

So your comrades are fighting there, dying there in dire situation and Sousuke and Chidori are relaxing on a temple field, complaining about how fear-emotion and being scared can waste prime time of 20 minutes. I am sorry, where were you both while all the near dying actions of first season way back time there? Didn't you experience first-hand? Why are you trying to resolve now? I bet you still not yet banged each other, right?

Can't we get a mecha anime with not-wasted cool male and female main characters? Seriously, why does one of them always have to bad? Like this one, Chidori. Now, I understand how Gauron feel. Lame characters drag down cool characters.

AeonessApr 28, 2018 4:23 AM
Apr 27, 2018 7:47 PM

Oct 2012
i'm the only hating CGI on the mechas? it looks so weird
Apr 27, 2018 8:10 PM
Jul 2018
felt like 10 minute episode especially the last part felt like a minute.. :(

Overall nice episode and cant say much aside those two significant deaths... The mecha battles was the highlight of this episode and it does looked solid and so far CGI trying to be too natural (especially their movement speed).
Apr 27, 2018 8:26 PM

Nov 2007
This episode had all the things that I generally despise about mecha. Those two deaths were extremely stupid. I mean they made zero sense. There's one thing about glorious demise and there's another that is idiotic death. Didn't understand why they would sacrifice themselves like that. Also, crushing with the hand made sense because the Behemoth captured Uruz 8 but trying to step on Mao's AS and tossing in the sky to destroy the other AS? Give me a break.

Anyways, overall the story did progress and we got a timeline for this arc. I know it won't go beyond 14 days set by Tessa's remark that that's the most number of days they can make it underwater.

3/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 27, 2018 8:30 PM
Jul 2010
shanimebib said:

Anyways, overall the story did progress

3/5

no?
they just wasted 1 episode without any story progression

Edit: i have to agree with the 3/5 tho
Apr 27, 2018 8:47 PM

Nov 2007
Nicklol said:
shanimebib said:

3/5

no?

The progression came in the form of Chidori getting motivated. Her new found determination can be considered as story progression particularly because she is a main character.
Coronavirus.
Apr 27, 2018 8:53 PM
Jul 2010
shanimebib said:
Nicklol said:

no?

The progression came in the form of Chidori getting motivated. Her new found determination can be considered as story progression particularly because she is a main character.

Did u read FMP Sigma?
Apr 27, 2018 8:54 PM

Nov 2007
Nicklol said:
shanimebib said:

Did u read FMP Sigma?

Nah. I never read any of FMP. Is this somehow related to what I just said? No spoiler please.
Coronavirus.
Apr 27, 2018 8:56 PM
Jul 2010
shanimebib said:
Nicklol said:

Did u read FMP Sigma?

Nah. I never read any of FMP. Is this somehow related to what I just said? No spoiler please.

Oh i see :) all good then i wont spoiler anything i was just curious
Apr 27, 2018 9:17 PM

Sep 2015
I really love mech battle with CG!.

And they finally said it! i can live with that alone!
Into the Internet!
Apr 27, 2018 11:29 PM
Nov 2012
Feels like this season is a long movie.

Don't think that's a problem. Mechs are lovely and the battles have been well done.
Apr 28, 2018 12:01 AM

Feb 2008
Loop_Stratos said:

Nice episode though.

Agree with you. I prefer the darker conversation between Sousuke and Kaname in the LN. That more accurately presented the intensity of the situation.
littlebluetotoroApr 28, 2018 12:05 AM

Apr 28, 2018 4:09 AM

Jul 2012
Decent. Thought was kinda strange that after previous episode he died "just like that", i mean he just died ... And felt rushed.
Apr 28, 2018 4:17 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Very solid follow up to the last episode, of course I was expecting them to pick with where it left shortly, instead of only continuing that matter in the end, but I was entertained with the whole battle.

So far Xebec is doing CG like they did on Yamato 2199, so all good for me.
Apr 28, 2018 5:00 AM

Jan 2016
Great episode with some really decent action!

Now that Chidori is getting herself together, it's time to see what Souske can come up with. Should be an interesting next few episodes
Apr 28, 2018 5:16 AM

Dec 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
I am appalled (at myself, I guess) how everyone is finding the action sequences amazing. Maybe I am just not a "fan" of cheap robotsuits fights? Preferring Aldnoah.Zero ones instead... Oh well.

Yep, they are awfully cheap.

Even the lowest tier Macross series, has better quality in animation and better writing.
Apr 28, 2018 6:05 AM

Nov 2007
Dem! The fight scene was cool! Even if their moves are kinda slow but still the animation was nice. its like 3D! and dem. Now this is the real deal. They're so overwhelmed by the enemy. >.<

Love the confession! It's the best confession so far. (maybe im just biased since this is my number one anime) But hey, its nice. No drama just pure feelings. Ugh. and honest to boot.
Oh Em! Im kinda scared of the next episode because of the title "On my Own" but im still so excited.

Again, this episode is intense. Loving this more and more! <3 10/10
Apr 28, 2018 6:39 AM

Jun 2013
damn that was some intense shit
Apr 28, 2018 11:25 AM

Aug 2014
Great episode again and great adaption. And in this pace it never going to be a 1 cour. This is a Split cour no daubt.
Apr 28, 2018 12:34 PM

Feb 2014
The CG actually looks pretty good
Apr 28, 2018 2:33 PM

Feb 2008
Style points go to Behemoth A's (the red one) pilot for Castello's kill...

Regardless, I am definitely enjoying the series thus far, CG are used in a skilful manner too. While the Behemoths are undeniably overwhelming, a concentrated effort is enough to delay even the mightiest foe. Denizens of Merida Island have their work cut out for them.

However, troubles are only beginning for Chidori and Sagara.
Apr 28, 2018 3:35 PM

Nov 2009
awesome episode, awesome opening, awesome ending, awesome season! =)
Apr 28, 2018 7:44 PM

Sep 2015
Kimurah said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Yep, they are awfully cheap.

Even the lowest tier Macross series, has better quality in animation and better writing.

I wouldn't say it's cheap. In fact, it seems like they actually put in a lot of effort into the robot's design and fluidity of motion (also how a lot of the robots actually feel like they have weight to them). The problem just stems from how well the creators know how to blend the styles together to form a cohesive shot, and even though it is evident they aren't very well versed in blending 2D and 3D CGI, they do make up for a lot of their misgivings with some inventive compositions and some quick editing.
Apr 28, 2018 7:56 PM

May 2015
Nice battle with the Behemoth. All the guns all over the body, and the camera angles really made them look intimidating. The action and animation was good...but I think that taking down that behemoth took a little too long for this episode. We only got 12 episodes, so I hope they pick up the pace...unless they're planning for a 2nd cour...

How cute for Chidori and Sagara to share their feelings together at a shrine.
Apr 28, 2018 8:17 PM
Jan 2009
I love this anime but am I the only one a bit disappointed with the small amount of screen time sagara and chidori are getting?
Apr 29, 2018 12:30 AM

Oct 2008
Damn! amazing episode!
Those Behemoths are such colossal mass destruction piece of work! Too overpowered if I may say!
And looks like the enemy always has the upper hand huh...
5/5.

Apr 29, 2018 4:55 AM

Sep 2013
Nicklol said:
shanimebib said:

3/5

no?

The story progressed just like it did in Sigma, not sure what you're talking about
Apr 29, 2018 6:16 AM
Jun 2015
Man this series is heavily underrated. It easily surpasses the mainstream garbage like TG and MHA
Apr 29, 2018 9:56 PM

Nov 2012
The CGI is an improvement over that previous car chase, but I still find myself longing for KyoAni to do this series right. I thought with the higher framerate it might work better than other mecha series that try this shit, and it does, but it still feels cheap. Oh well, I don't think this series will ever measure up to TSR at this point, but at least it's not the trainwreck it could have been either.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Apr 30, 2018 3:37 AM

Apr 2014
Xangam said:

They seem to have taken a way more grounded approach to how the mechs move, feels more natural. TSR was very stylised in its depiction, but it looked cooler.

"Faster" animation is also a way to cut down on the frames you need to draw, something the cgi does not have to worry about.
Apr 30, 2018 7:04 AM

Apr 2008
menci said:
This season is so sooo disappointing... It started with 8 and now it's just a 6 to me. I feel like nothing really happening, the pace is a mess. I can't imagine how they'll close this in 12 episode...
(BTW I think the CG is extremely bad and I don't feel the "neccesity" of it.)

The season has barely started. It won't end with just these 12 episodes. It will cover 3 of the 6 remaining novels. A lot will happen in these 12 episodes. Big changes are coming next week. Can't help you with the CGI. I think it actually looks a lot better than I thought it would.
Apr 30, 2018 7:41 AM

Apr 2008
menci said:
GundamSoul said:

The season has barely started. It won't end with just these 12 episodes. It will cover 3 of the 6 remaining novels. A lot will happen in these 12 episodes. Big changes are coming next week. Can't help you with the CGI. I think it actually looks a lot better than I thought it would.

I hope so... How many season they planning to finish the LN? They want to cover all?
Yeah, the CGI was better than the 2. episode but still...

Two seasons. 24 episodes. Not confirmed but this season is confirmed to only cover three novels which ends at a pretty bad place for only one season. It is a given there will be two unless sales are super bad.
May 1, 2018 12:37 AM

Oct 2012
tfw I actually really like the CG
May 1, 2018 12:34 PM

Aug 2008
Almost everything in this series looks like shit. Like cheap 2000's shit. You just can't make series looking so bad now with such terrible backgrounds, CGI and characters. It makes me want to rewatch the first season to see if it doesn't look much better instead. Maybe it's their plan...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pick the best girl!

bisikerim - May 27, 2018

8 by EvilGrin »»
Mar 11, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

allenjke - Aug 8, 2018

72 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Feb 17, 7:54 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Episode 8 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

35 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Feb 16, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Episode 11 Discussion

10 by Comander-07 »»
Jan 8, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Episode 10 Discussion

12 by Comander-07 »»
Jan 8, 7:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.