Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 5, 2018 7:00 PM
Jan 2015
eplipswich said:
Fun fact: this new design resembles the art in the novel closer than the old design, so it's truer to the original :)

Good to know in that case.
"The anime that I have directed posess the same intended effect on my viewers as my interest for kids, where both get fucked." - Akiyuki Shinbo
May 5, 2018 8:23 PM

Jan 2008
Nice to see this show again. Liking the new designs. Can't say I cared much for the episode though. The battle effects were nice to see though.

May 6, 2018 2:59 AM

Jan 2012
eplipswich said:
Lyrisia said:
I really don't like the new characters design... wonder why it was changed so much...

Fun fact: this new design resembles the art in the novel closer than the old design, so it's truer to the original :)

Is that so? They don't look closer to the art in the novel to me though. I don't see them having such shoujo like eyelashes in the novel art... Well whatever, I guess I just need to get used to it.
May 8, 2018 5:41 AM

Dec 2015
Did the studio change ? Everyone look so different but idk i feel like this ye qiu is more fitting raher than the playboy style looking face lol.
May 10, 2018 4:38 AM

Jun 2013
this is horrible, they still havent hired japanese VA to replace chinese...

May 10, 2018 9:19 AM
Jun 2014
TakunDes said:
this is horrible, they still havent hired japanese VA to replace chinese...

Lmao, this comment is funny xD
May 12, 2018 10:51 AM

Nov 2009
No complaints where the story and excitement it brings is concerned, but I don't like the new character designs, especially of the main character. It makes it rather painful to watch.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
May 25, 2018 2:13 PM

Dec 2016
This looked and felt sooooooooo good
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 12, 2018 12:22 AM
Nov 2018
https://youtu.be/jfzpZ_b2VWY click the link and watch quanzhi vaishy 2018 episode 1
Feb 15, 2019 8:51 AM

Mar 2016
The artstyle changed, it has its good factors and its flaws, but overall it's still great and flashy.

A gaming tournament huh, this is actually something I want to see coming out from this series, and it certainly delivers. Staring with the rookies and then the pros, but of course, the God himself will play one way or another.

I don't really understand why only the pro players know about Ye Qui's real identity irl. If he's been in tournaments such as this, won't the audiences got to take a look at t his face, or does he cover up his face all the time or something?
Mar 9, 2019 2:38 AM

Dec 2012
My waifu Mucheng!
The king!
A trip?
Mucheng looking so perfect in dem shades.
Can almost see dem girls pantsu.
Who is Mucheng with?
LOL They really said McDonalds.
lol at Ye getting challenged 7 times.
Did he just summon a Road Roller da, but with a doriru?
Yingjie won.
He handicapped his skill points?
lol at Ye clapping.
Yifan's turn.
Yifan got owned.
LMAO at dude saying The old gives way to new.

Great start. Ending theme is good. I wish they played the 1st season theme tho. I thought they just upped the visuals because its a special. My waifu Mucheng looking so fine. So happy to see her again. Rou and Guo oppai looking nice. I wouldn't have said that in Season 1.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 26, 2019 1:14 PM

Dec 2010
Whoah, such a noticeable increase in budget, it sure is good to see producers of an anime reacting to the love their title gets and increase their efforts. As for the episode itself, the rookies winning over their seniors really sets up the stage for the Tournament Ye Qiu will take part in with his team. I don't think that these Specials could have ticked more boxes for me.
May 18, 2021 11:55 AM

Apr 2018
Style was different (different studio), but I enjoyed it.
Great fights.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 18, 2022 7:51 PM
Oct 2019
noticed immediately that the animation style was different. and then completely forgot all about it by the time the first episode was over

i just really enjoyed those 2 fights. it was a better episode than 11/12 of the episodes in season 1

8/10 rating so far
Apr 23, 2023 6:55 PM

Feb 2009
How come Ye Xiu doesn't get recognized immediately?  I mean we are talking about the audience for this game's major event.  Even if he doesn't do advertising, surely they would recognize his face from when he participated in this event in the past?  I mean they even talked about 7 people challenging him in a row, surely the enthusiast level fans who follow this stuff and go to this type of event would immediately recognize such a famous person?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou (2018) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Daango_ - May 11, 2018

74 by Slimsith »»
Nov 14, 2022 9:17 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou (2018) Episode 2 Discussion

Fallen_Leaves - May 4, 2018

41 by SideCharacterKal »»
May 18, 2021 12:21 PM

Poll: » Which Drawing Style Do You Prefer?

Aznchronos - May 12, 2018

27 by kari-ya »»
Dec 31, 2018 3:44 PM

» How far has the series come in the light novel so far?

Surpuppa - May 6, 2018

3 by frankykun13 »»
Aug 9, 2018 3:07 AM

» Anyone here know where can I find those beautiful images near the end of the credits of EP:3?

RedSon14 - May 13, 2018

3 by Fiearen »»
May 13, 2018 7:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.