Mar 2011
More yuri/shoujo ai is always good.

Please turn out well.
Apr 26, 2018 4:35 PM

Sep 2013
The Yuri Golden Age has truly arrived.
Apr 26, 2018 4:39 PM

Apr 2018
I'm glad I was born at the right time to see a lot of yuri manga get anime adaptations, bless the yuri gods

I just hope it won't be as bad as the Citrus adaptation, but the staff for this one looks to be pretty good already
"it's a confession of love, after all."

:。・:*:・゚’★,。・:*:・゚’

Apr 26, 2018 6:04 PM
Aug 2017
Never got into yuri, but I'll probably give this one a try since the community seems to like it very much. I can expect great quality from Troyca.
Apr 26, 2018 6:10 PM

Jan 2011
Cool, I've been interested in starting this one for a while now.
Apr 26, 2018 6:13 PM

Jul 2017
Took you guys long enough! Knew this adaptation was coming, but this year was sooner than expected. Hyped! :D
Apr 26, 2018 6:17 PM

Apr 2013
Finally, with this and Kase-san getting anime adaptions this modern generation of anime fans will finally be able to witness the best that Modern Yuri has to offer.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Apr 26, 2018 6:36 PM

Mar 2009
Let's just hope it's a good adaptation
Apr 26, 2018 7:22 PM

Dec 2016
Yuru Yuri, now this???? WOW!!!!! So happy!!!
Apr 26, 2018 8:13 PM

Nov 2007
Florete said:
Yeah, they're outdated. Not like it's the only thing about MAL's database that's outdated, either.

I stick with shoujo ai when it comes to mild yuri in western boards. I don't use it when I am commenting on sites like 2ch. It's got nothing to do with being outdated. Shoujo ai is still largely used in most western sites and it differentiates itself from the term yuri in western media largely I would say.

On topic: Finally Hanada Jukki is working on a proper romance between girls. All the years of teasing with his scripts/compositions will finally come to a closure. Fans of yuri/shoujo ai genre should really look forward to this.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 26, 2018 8:51 PM

Jun 2008
shanimebib said:
Florete said:
Yeah, they're outdated. Not like it's the only thing about MAL's database that's outdated, either.

I stick with shoujo ai when it comes to mild yuri in western boards. I don't use it when I am commenting on sites like 2ch. It's got nothing to do with being outdated. Shoujo ai is still largely used in most western sites and it differentiates itself from the term yuri in western media largely I would say.

But as I said, fans of the genre only use yuri. You're not going to find a shoujo ai fansite, but you will find yuri fansites. Publishers like Seven Seas use yuri, and it's even in the damn title of shows like Yuru Yuri and Yuri Kuma Arashi. Any continued use of the term shoujo ai is the result of a site like MAL still using outdated terms and people not knowing better. This on top of the term referring to pedophilia in Japan should be enough to get rid of it completely, but some persist.
Apr 27, 2018 1:05 AM

Sep 2010
That reminds me, one of the couples in Sono Hanabira are named Yuuna and Nanami.
Apr 27, 2018 1:40 AM

Sep 2017
First Citrus now Yagakimi I am so excited for this.waiting for October to come already.I like Touko she`s adorable want to see her animated ASAP.
Apr 27, 2018 1:44 AM

Jun 2013
Tomm01p said:
This better not turn up the same way Citrus did. I really want to see a good yuri/shoujo ai for once.

I see you not read the Manga version
Yagakimi is 100% better than citrus
Apr 27, 2018 2:36 AM

Nov 2015
Such a innocent and sweet series. Can't wait!
Apr 27, 2018 3:18 AM

Jan 2018
I'm so happy for Nio!
I knew it would get an anime adaption this year. Also I'm glad a studio like troyca will be doing it. I guess now I can still hope for Adachi to Shimamura and Nettaigyo anime adaptions, right?
Apr 27, 2018 4:49 AM

Nov 2011
Florete said:
shanimebib said:

But as I said, fans of the genre only use yuri. You're not going to find a shoujo ai fansite, but you will find yuri fansites. Publishers like Seven Seas use yuri, and it's even in the damn title of shows like Yuru Yuri and Yuri Kuma Arashi. Any continued use of the term shoujo ai is the result of a site like MAL still using outdated terms and people not knowing better. This on top of the term referring to pedophilia in Japan should be enough to get rid of it completely, but some persist.

I/we tried to get MAL to change it over 4 years ago, I doubt they'll ever do it at this point.

https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=41393

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Apr 27, 2018 3:50 PM
Jan 2017
yessssssssss so excited to see this getting an anime!!! when i saw this article i swear i almost cried XD
Apr 28, 2018 8:01 AM
Feb 2016
possibly the best shoujo ai manga ive ever read!! IM HYPED
Apr 28, 2018 8:22 PM

Aug 2017
i dislike the manga but i will give this anime a try
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2018 6:59 AM

Apr 2016
The comments here make me want to watch it.

I was so disappointed with the citrus hype, like "really? that's what they all wanted to watch ? Was it a joke ?", that I was almost ready to never try any yuri again.

But reading here, I'll try, for sure. I like good romance anyway.
Apr 29, 2018 2:57 PM

Jun 2015
I've been reading to read more of this manga at some point. I'd better do so before this airs.

I'm still praying that Octave will get an adaptation eventually.
Apr 29, 2018 3:49 PM

Dec 2016
Yuri anime is always welcome. And I can believe TROYCA.
May 2, 2018 1:18 AM

Aug 2017
Finally the glorious year of BL and GL has come I believe in you TROYCA this is going to be so good! HYPE.
May 2, 2018 8:34 AM
Aug 2016
so i don't have to read the manga if the anime turns out good?
May 3, 2018 11:06 PM

Aug 2013
PLEASE dont become the overhyped letdown that Citrus was. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 7, 2018 6:48 AM
Feb 2018
now all we need is Octave and Girl Friends to get an anime adaptation
May 7, 2018 5:48 PM

Mar 2014
thatoneperson10 said:

Too old works, and finished, long ago.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
May 8, 2018 12:36 AM

Apr 2014
Fabris said:
thatoneperson10 said:

Too old works, and finished, long ago.
And yet Banana Fish is comming next season, Devil Man had a new (free) adaptation recently, Parasyte, etc etc..
Now, of course there is way less chance for manga like Girl Friends to be adapted since it's clearly not such a big classic. But in comparison they are very recent, so why not, maybe one day..

Anyway, personaly I dropped "Yagate Kimi ni Naru" after several volumes, it's not too bad, but not great either, and I'm kind of tired of Yuri tropes, those standard graphic and all that. It would be good to have a more"serious/realistic" romance anime on a lesbian/gay relationship one day, something that go beyond fetish, cuteness and all the "purest form of love" thing. Something that have layers.
May 14, 2018 4:48 AM

Mar 2009
shanimebib said:

I stick with shoujo ai when it comes to mild yuri in western boards.

What is even this mysterious 'mild yuri'?
'Shoujo aiyuri' divide was used as a substitute for age rating of sorts in order to divide SFW yuri works from NSFW ones - i.e., yuri manga and anime with erotic content and sexual interactions between characters. Occasionally it was also used to distinguish yuri with more 'mature' themes (e.g., adult characters) from true and tried school setting. That's all there is to it.

Dullboy said:
"purest form of love" thing

And where exactly is this 'purity' thing is in Yagate? There's plenty of yuri manga with realistic relationships, but the subject of this thread already has enough "layers" and careful subtlety.
AlexandepMay 14, 2018 4:59 AM
May 14, 2018 7:59 AM

Apr 2014
Alexandep said:
Dullboy said:
"purest form of love" thing

And where exactly is this 'purity' thing is in Yagate?
No no, I wasn't really including Yagate when I said that actually, it was more about making reference about the way some readers seems to consider yuri manga/anime and want to idealise lesbian relationship in this sort of "pure love" fetishisation that kind of tickles me off. It was more of a personal rambling there, my bad.
To be honest, what made me drop Yagate is more about some more general tropes I've already saw too much (for me) , and some of the main characters reactions/personality trait that I found kind of orcherstated and annoying, if that make sense. But then, it's not really about any Yuri aspect in the end, more about how most standard manga/anime works seems to be made those days. Yagate is still better than Citrus in my book, that's for sure.
Maybe what I would like would just be a non fetishised lesbian/gay romance focused anime that isn't in a school setting with the graduation's speach, infirmary intimacy moment, theater club representation for the school festival, etc etc? That would be nice.

Alexandep said:
There's plenty of yuri manga with realistic relationships.
I would want to agree with this, but I'm not so sure..
There is autobiographical stories, yes, and also some fictional manga that are quite good around the subject.. but even then, not that much I feel.
Maybe the most interesting works are not (yet?) translated in any form and I'll discover more when I'll have learned enough japanese. But for now, I find it lacking, in my personal opinion.
DullboyMay 14, 2018 8:02 AM
May 21, 2018 6:00 PM

Nov 2016
wow I totally missed the news since I haven't been on here in awhile. Away as someone who's been reading the manga since the beginning I'm excited to see such an incredible and well written yuri manga since girl friends get animated. You'll won't be disappointed, it isn't as silly as citrus which seems to be written by someone who doesn't know how relationships work yet alone a girl on girl one (I still read the manga tho lol...)
May 21, 2018 6:03 PM

Nov 2016
TsubasaFamily said:
Took you guys long enough! Knew this adaptation was coming, but this year was sooner than expected. Hyped! :D

there's only like 31 chapters so I think waiting was the best choice....
May 21, 2018 6:20 PM

Nov 2016
@Dullboy
[/quote] To be honest, what made me drop Yagate is more about some more general tropes I've already saw too much (for me) , and some of the main characters reactions/personality trait that I found kind of orcherstated and annoying, if that make sense. But then, it's not really about any Yuri aspect in the end, more about how most standard manga/anime works seems to be made those days. Yagate is still better than Citrus in my book, that's for sure.
Maybe what I would like would just be a non fetishised lesbian/gay romance focused anime that isn't in a school setting with the graduation's speach, infirmary intimacy moment, theater club representation for the school festival, etc etc? That would be nice. [/quote]

dude can you give an example of the general tropes you're referring to because I don't seen any that stands out or will distract you from the story, also there are only 31 chapters as of now and the main couple are basically still in the process of understanding each other and their feelings, that's what is great about this manga, it is character driven. We see them grow as the try to under love and one another. I don't know when you supposedly dropped the manga but I think you dropped is too soon to even make a case against it since you haven't stated exactly what it is that turned you off the series in the first place.
May 21, 2018 8:37 PM

Jul 2017
Dullboy said:
...it was more about making reference about the way some readers seems to consider yuri manga/anime and want to idealise lesbian relationship in this sort of "pure love" fetishisation that kind of tickles me off.

I feel like I should point out that the "purest form of love" idea is supposed to be sort of satirical as far as I can tell. I remember a while ago there'd be these inside Yuri memes... kinda, at least as much as was possible in the scattered communities of Yuri fans... but people would say stuff like "it's not rape if its Yuri!" and "Yuri is pure no matter what" more as a joke than anything.

Of course, this eventually turned into the "pure Yuri" camp, which I think is really stupid, where people think Yuri should be only hand-holding and kisses on the cheek, so *shrug*

Anyway, based on the rest of your comment, maybe Yuri just isn't your thing? I think if you don't inherently enjoy watching two girls grow in a relationship together, regardless of the context, it's probably not. I'm not saying that like it's a terrible thing (though I wish everyone liked it :P) but there's no reason to beat up a series for not being EXACTLY the Yuri you want or to beat up yourself for not enjoying it.

May 22, 2018 1:04 AM

Apr 2014
vanillaskynet said:
dude can you give an example of the general tropes you're referring to because I don't seen any that stands out or will distract you from the story, also there are only 31 chapters as of now and the main couple are basically still in the process of understanding each other and their feelings, that's what is great about this manga, it is character driven. We see them grow as the try to under love and one another. I don't know when you supposedly dropped the manga but I think you dropped it too soon to even make a case against it since you haven't stated exactly what it is that turned you off the series in the first place.
I gave it up at chapter 24 (it's in my dropped list), if I remember correctly it wasn't because the chapter itself was bad but because I thought I wasn't really enjoying the serie so I naturaly stopped. I'm all for character driven story, that's what I seek actually, way more than scenario driven ones. If I can't connect with the characters or like them, and if I find the artisical aspects to have some lacking (generic art style, bad or uninspired paneling or dialogue, etc etc) then I usually don't feel like continuing a manga and leave it like that or give it not very good notation. That's what happened here. It's pretty personal (and normal, in my opinion).
I feel like my comment have been misunderstood as attacking people that like the manga when it really wasn't my goal. There is nothing wrong about liking it, but I wanted nonetheless to give my point of view about the fact that I would really like some yuri anime that take more risk, that are original and not adaptation, that are less "animeish", etc etc.
I'll at least give credit for the manga to kind of slightly touch the subject of asexuality somehow, in a kind of way.

TsubasaFamily said:
Anyway, based on the rest of your comment, maybe Yuri just isn't your thing? I think if you don't inherently enjoy watching two girls grow in a relationship together, regardless of the context, it's probably not. I'm not saying that like it's a terrible thing (though I wish everyone liked it :P) but there's no reason to beat up a series for not being EXACTLY the Yuri you want or to beat up yourself for not enjoying it.
Haha I don't know how you reached that conclusion, because I do like the yuri genre, or should I say, LGBT themed manga and anime. I think it should be visible in my manga list. I find it stange that it look like I was "beating up" the serie. I think it's because you and some other people strongly like it and feel like I'm in an attacking stand. I can understand, but it's not the case.
As for Lesbian themed manga, I especially like the works of Ebine Yamaji (like "free soul") and also Kiriko Nananan ( "Blue" ). For more conventional works there is "Prism" and "Girfriend" that I still have a sweet spot for (maybe because I started investigating the genre with them ?) , and "Maka-Maka" is for me the best yuri-hentai I've read. Then there is "Gunjou" that I wouldn't say is exactly a yuri romance, but the complexity of the two characters relationship is very interesting and is one I would say have "layers". That's the principal things I can think of. (There is also "octave", but I consider the manga to be kind of misandric, so I have problem with it).
DullboyMay 22, 2018 1:14 AM
May 22, 2018 10:40 AM

Jul 2017
Dullboy said:
Haha I don't know how you reached that conclusion, because I do like the yuri genre, or should I say, LGBT themed manga and anime. I think it should be visible in my manga list. I find it stange that it look like I was "beating up" the serie. I think it's because you and some other people strongly like it and feel like I'm in an attacking stand. I can understand, but it's not the case.

Edit: Sorry this response is long, respond to whatever you want or nothing at all, I'm just trying to understand how you think lol >_>

I see, well I hadn't taken the time to look at your list but I read where you said you didn't like the general tropes you'd seen before (which I continue to love) and that you wanted a "non-fetishized" Yuri. That latter part in particular is a big red flag for me usually, because it's never defined properly. What the heck is "fetishized?"

For example, Citrus was written by a lesbian author while Yagate was written by a man. Does that change anything? Maybe Citrus is closer to the kind of thing lesbians actually want to read and maybe it's less "fetishized" than we think it is? I've seen almost no lesbians complain about Citrus, it's always straight guys and girls, and I know a lot of people don't want to bring sexuality into it, but that feels relevant to me. Are people trying to complain on lesbians' behalf or is it really a personal preference?

Personally, I don't care how naked the girls are or not, I just want them to have a relationship lol. And I MUCH prefer Yuri with sex over not, because sex is an integral part of loving someone. There's so much "Yuri-bait" out there in the mainstream that it's nice to see it happen and be able to say "this is DEFINITELY canon".

Plus, no offense, but it's entertainment, not "LGBT" media in the sense I think people mean it. I don't like Yuri being lumped in as "LGBT" because I have absolutely no interest in any "LGBT" media that's not strictly "L". Japan doesn't have an "LGBT" sociopolitical agenda, and that's another point that rarely gets taken into consideration.
May 22, 2018 1:10 PM

Apr 2014
@TsubasaFamily
I read what you said, and the conclusion seems simple: we don't seek the same thing when it comes to girls in love, that's all ^^.
Let's leave it at that.

DullboyMay 22, 2018 1:20 PM
May 23, 2018 10:02 AM

Nov 2016
Dullboy said:
vanillaskynet said:
dude can you give an example of the general tropes you're referring to because I don't seen any that stands out or will distract you from the story, also there are only 31 chapters as of now and the main couple are basically still in the process of understanding each other and their feelings, that's what is great about this manga, it is character driven. We see them grow as the try to under love and one another. I don't know when you supposedly dropped the manga but I think you dropped it too soon to even make a case against it since you haven't stated exactly what it is that turned you off the series in the first place.
I gave it up at chapter 24 (it's in my dropped list), if I remember correctly it wasn't because the chapter itself was bad but because I thought I wasn't really enjoying the serie so I naturaly stopped. I'm all for character driven story, that's what I seek actually, way more than scenario driven ones. If I can't connect with the characters or like them, and if I find the artisical aspects to have some lacking (generic art style, bad or uninspired paneling or dialogue, etc etc) then I usually don't feel like continuing a manga and leave it like that or give it not very good notation. That's what happened here. It's pretty personal (and normal, in my opinion).
I feel like my comment have been misunderstood as attacking people that like the manga when it really wasn't my goal. There is nothing wrong about liking it, but I wanted nonetheless to give my point of view about the fact that I would really like some yuri anime that take more risk, that are original and not adaptation, that are less "animeish", etc etc.
I'll at least give credit for the manga to kind of slightly touch the subject of asexuality somehow, in a kind of way..

I see.....good point I get what you mean, I certainly felt the same way too when I started but pushed through lol since it's unlike the rest and got hooked....most yuri manga these days are nonsentical cough coough citrus cough
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
5 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.