Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 30, 2018 3:18 PM
Dec 2017
GangsterCat said:
assyrian said:
why is it that they never adapt good yuri manga
because there is no good yuri manga. it's always melodramatic love story of a confused hetero and a turbo dyke sexual offender

Excuse me sir your are poorly mistaken, Have you not read Kase-san?
Oct 1, 2018 12:34 AM

Dec 2015
GangsterCat said:
assyrian said:
because there is no good yuri manga. it's always melodramatic love story of a confused hetero and a turbo dyke sexual offender

This is so badly misinformed that it's fucking stupid.
Oct 1, 2018 10:04 PM

Nov 2016
I don't get why you'll keep comparing this to citrus wtf have you guys not ever watched a decent yuri series? don't you remember Aoi Hana or Sasameki Koto? these 2 are probably some of the most realistic portrayal of GL and have more in common with YagaKimi but all you guys ever talk about is citrus and how disappointed you were, I don't know but if I had to guess it seems you'll wanted to watch citrus since you'll can't seem to watch any anime without your typical moe girl or over the top pretty girls and when you do, you then go on and complain about the plot or story because if you all were really interested in watching a well made yuri series or a series with realistic portrayal of GL you won't start with citrus and finding a decent one won't take more than a minute.
Oct 1, 2018 10:16 PM

Nov 2016
Starla_Kitsune said:
GangsterCat said:

I KNOW RIGHT!!

its mind-boggling reading so many of them compare this to citrus...I didn't know citrus had now become the de facto standard for yuri?!

Hell I'll compare yagate kimi to sakura trick or anything by morinaga milk (example being Hana to Hina wa Houkago) well before citrus
Oct 1, 2018 10:40 PM

Dec 2015
vanillaskynet said:
Starla_Kitsune said:

I KNOW RIGHT!!

its mind-boggling reading so many of them compare this to citrus...I didn't know citrus had now become the de facto standard for yuri?!

Hell I'll compare yagate kimi to sakura trick or anything by morinaga milk (example being Hana to Hina wa Houkago) well before citrus

Yeah, you would think Citrus was the only other yuri manga/anime to ever exist. Kind of a shame, I like Citrus but damn I'm I really tired of hearing it being compared to Citrus. The only thing they have in common is the yuri and slight drama in Yagakimi's case.

Oct 4, 2018 12:26 PM

Jun 2015
It's also quite sad how Citrus came to be viewed this way. I feel as though once an anime about lesbians or any other taboo relationship comes up, people demand it to be a perfectly standard, conventional showcase of those relationships. It can't be atypical or problematic in any way, it has to be a completely normal, lukewarm relationship in every way.

It's pretty much the same way people wrongfully criticize Octave for this sort of thing. If a character cheats, assets dominance, or anything of the sort, the story itself will be called out for this and criticized for the fact that these authors dare to have these characters do something selfish or immoral in their stories, even if those actions are accounted for.

Keep in mind, this doesn't apply to the likes of Netsuzou TRap, where the non-consensual acts are very clearly fetishized for the titilation of the viewer.

So then, on topic: I'll definitely be keeping this series on my radar. Admittedly I haven't read much of the manga so I'm not sure just how good the story is but it shows some potential. Maybe I'll try to catch up on it before this adaptation airs.
Oct 4, 2018 9:42 PM

Jun 2009
Comic_Sans said:
So, is this a GL series that actually has a female audience in mind, or is it yet another one of those male-targeting shlock master series? I'm not going to sit through yet another Citrus or Sakura Trick

Its target audience definitely seems to be more female than male. It's more of a Asagao to Kase-san type of manga than Sakura Trick or Citrus.
Though I would like to clarify something: while Sakura Trick mostly has a male audience, Citrus' audience is pretty much split, though leaning more on the female audience. At least those that actively still read the manga and finished the anime and not just watched a couple of episodes.
Yagate Kimi ni Naru/Bloom Into You and Asagao to Kase-san's audience seems to be about 70-80% female.
Oct 5, 2018 12:43 AM
Feb 2012
vanillaskynet said:
Hell I'll compare yagate kimi to sakura trick

this is not a good thing at all
Sakura Trick was 100% pure fanservice neckbeard bait
in fact i'm only ever sad that people can never seem to forget that shit stain ever existed
Oct 5, 2018 1:33 AM

Apr 2016
Today is the day, lets see how bad this actually is.
Oct 5, 2018 10:39 PM

Nov 2016
ahneeme said:
vanillaskynet said:
Hell I'll compare yagate kimi to sakura trick

this is not a good thing at all
Sakura Trick was 100% pure fanservice neckbeard bait
in fact i'm only ever sad that people can never seem to forget that shit stain ever existed

dude read my whole statement I said "Hell I'll compare yagate kimi to sakura trick or anything by morinaga milk well before (with emphasis on the word "WELL BEFORE) citrus
meaning I'll rather compare it to something as silly as sakura trick before comparing it to citrus, which was supposed to be an insult towards citrus
Oct 6, 2018 8:20 AM

Oct 2007
Oct 6, 2018 8:30 AM
Jul 2018
KotziForever said:
At this point I'm so desperate for lesbians that I don't care how much every fucking Yuri manga in existence sucks. I haven't read any decent Yuri in forever and I take everything that I can get.

It's still better than these tumblr lesbian lovestories about people with XY being akin to animals.

How haven't you seen Aoi Hana and Sasameki Koto yet? Come, go and watch them. ^^
Oct 6, 2018 8:32 AM

Sep 2018
Maneki-Mew said:
How haven't you seen Aoi Hana and Sasameki Koto yet? Come, go and watch them. ^^

I've read both manga don't worry. Will check out the anime adaption soon and see if I enjoy them more than their original source material.

Oct 7, 2018 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
AltoRoark said:
It's also quite sad how Citrus came to be viewed this way. I feel as though once an anime about lesbians or any other taboo relationship comes up, people demand it to be a perfectly standard, conventional showcase of those relationships. It can't be atypical or problematic in any way, it has to be a completely normal, lukewarm relationship in every way.

It's pretty much the same way people wrongfully criticize Octave for this sort of thing. If a character cheats, assets dominance, or anything of the sort, the story itself will be called out for this and criticized for the fact that these authors dare to have these characters do something selfish or immoral in their stories, even if those actions are accounted for.

Keep in mind, this doesn't apply to the likes of Netsuzou TRap, where the non-consensual acts are very clearly fetishized for the titilation of the viewer.

So then, on topic: I'll definitely be keeping this series on my radar. Admittedly I haven't read much of the manga so I'm not sure just how good the story is but it shows some potential. Maybe I'll try to catch up on it before this adaptation airs.

People complained about that kind of stuff in Octave? The absolute madmen...such heresy. In all seriousness though, this is news to me. I thought people would understand that Octave is a mature work and that it's nothing like the usual yuri manga. I absolutely loved it, Octave is my favorite yuri manga and one of my favorite manga overall.

As for Citrus, I don't really think the cause for the hate came from the fact that Mei and Yuzu's relationship wasn't a healthy one, but from the fact that the story went nowhere with all arcs being pretty much the same and character development resetting to zero all the time for Mei. And then the ending was incredibly rushed and lackluster, and the author pulling that wedding bullshit out of nowhere was just ridiculous. I mean, she made a relationship with Mei almost an almost impossible thing for Yuzu to obtain and then in the last chapter they just solve everything in a couple of pages and skip directly to marriage? WTF? There's only so much suspension of disbelief an author can ask from his readers and Saburo Uta definitely crossed that line. I spent six years reading Citrus, so my disappointment with it was insurmountable.

But then again, I'm talking exclusively from a manga reader point of view since I didn't even give the anime a chance.
Oct 8, 2018 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
KotziForever said:
Maneki-Mew said:

I've read both manga don't worry. Will check out the anime adaption soon and see if I enjoy them more than their original source material.

Okay, just wanted to be sure to rec these.
Oct 18, 2018 9:26 AM

Sep 2016
GangsterCat said:
assyrian said:
Ahoy! It only takes 2 episode for the turbo dyke senpai to sexually assault the confused hetero heroine!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 20, 2018 5:54 PM

Jun 2015
BatWeeb said:
AltoRoark said:

People complained about that kind of stuff in Octave? The absolute madmen...such heresy. In all seriousness though, this is news to me. I thought people would understand that Octave is a mature work and that it's nothing like the usual yuri manga. I absolutely loved it, Octave is my favorite yuri manga and one of my favorite manga overall.

As for Citrus, I don't really think the cause for the hate came from the fact that Mei and Yuzu's relationship wasn't a healthy one, but from the fact that the story went nowhere with all arcs being pretty much the same and character development resetting to zero all the time for Mei. And then the ending was incredibly rushed and lackluster, and the author pulling that wedding bullshit out of nowhere was just ridiculous. I mean, she made a relationship with Mei almost an almost impossible thing for Yuzu to obtain and then in the last chapter they just solve everything in a couple of pages and skip directly to marriage? WTF? There's only so much suspension of disbelief an author can ask from his readers and Saburo Uta definitely crossed that line. I spent six years reading Citrus, so my disappointment with it was insurmountable.

But then again, I'm talking exclusively from a manga reader point of view since I didn't even give the anime a chance.

I highly beg to differ with the story going nowhere. All three character arcs with Himeko, Matsuri, and the Tachibana sisters all had a point in developing the main leads. The Himeko arc seems obvious enough; Mei learned to make her own choices through her own volition. The Matsuri arc marks the time Mei actually develops romantic feelings for Yuzu, after which she tries to cope with her love for Yuzu, consequently becoming more vulnerable and sentimental. Matsuri is essentially a parallel to Mei. Or rather, how Mei used to be. This is when Mei returns the favor of being a dependable sister and has Yuzu make amends for Matsuri.

Right at the start of the Tachibana sister arc, Yuzu and Mei are seen about to get very intimate. The problem is, Yuzu saw this as Mei simply doing it for Yuzu's sake rather than for herself. For this reason, Yuzu declines. Mei saw this as rejection, and thus shut herself off from Yuzu. my point being, this was not a reset. Both leads are acting entirely in character are simply confronting another conflict.

It honestly irks me when people dismiss moments like these as "resets", when reading between the lines reveals them as perfectly logical progressions for the characters. Of course, there’s a case to be made that the Tachibana sisters were an unnecessary addition, which I agree with. But to say the arc itself served no purpose is false.

Since I’m not up to date with the manga, I can’t comment on the ending.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2018

199 by Worsethansoap »»
Mar 24, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

246 by rieeya »»
Feb 28, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2018

89 by CeliaOffcial »»
Jan 22, 3:05 AM

» anime or manga

kotosugu - Oct 12, 2023

17 by Atsunome »»
Jan 10, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

111 by Kimsowon2000 »»
Jan 1, 10:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.