Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever wanted to re-watch something you practically just finished?

New
Apr 24, 2018 7:47 PM

Sep 2011
In my case, I'm suddenly craving a re-watch of Land of the Lustrous, even though I just saw it as it was airing two seasons ago (and have since completely caught up to the manga too). Sooo good, and an exceptional example of how much an anime adaptation can add to its source material through animation, voices, and soundtrack (seriously, if you missed it you should at least give it a chance).

What shows have sparked the same feeling in you?
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 24, 2018 7:52 PM

May 2017
I've rewatched Sora Yori like 7 times now. I do this alot though, I've done the same with New Game!, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Azumanga Daioh and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Apr 24, 2018 7:55 PM

Jan 2015
ituhata said:
I've rewatched Sora Yori like 7 times now. I do this alot though, I've done the same with New Game!, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Azumanga Daioh and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

wtf dude, 7 times already? you are super awesome ><

for me, its an never ending feeling, i have to restrain myself really hard, the feeling of wanting to rewatchng something is really hard. And i know that i wont be able to finish the rewatch anyway since my busy schedule wont let me. But i really wanna say fuck you to everything else and just rewatch, rewatch and rewatch. Like i've been watching symphogear Openings on youtube and everytime i wanna rewatch it so hard, but i know 36 episodes is just too much, but i really should do that...
HirugikuApr 24, 2018 7:58 PM
Apr 24, 2018 7:55 PM

Jul 2013
Yeah, this happened to me when I finished SukaSuka and Haibane Renmei. They both got even better on a re-watch.
Apr 24, 2018 8:01 PM

May 2017
Hirugiku said:
ituhata said:

for me, its an never ending feeling, i have to restrain myself really hard, the feeling of wanting to rewatchng something is really hard. And i know that i wont be able to finish the rewatch anyway since my busy schedule wont let me. But i really wanna say fuck you to everything else and just rewatch, rewatch and rewatch. Like i've been watching symphogear Openings on youtube and everytime i wanna rewatch it so hard, but i know 36 episodes is just too much, but i really should do that...

Ya. I've sung the praises of that show to all my friends and I've rabbited it with just about all of em. Just got one more that needs to hop on so we can finish episodes 12 and 13 and that will be either the 7th or 8th time through, lol.

Apr 24, 2018 8:04 PM

Jan 2015
ituhata said:
Hirugiku said:

Ya. I've sung the praises of that show to all my friends and I've rabbited it with just about all of em. Just got one more that needs to hop on so we can finish episodes 12 and 13 and that will be either the 7th or 8th time through, lol.

nice you are even being a kind soul to show them the way, but rewatching it with someone else is way too different and much easier than commiting and rewatching it by yourself.
Apr 24, 2018 8:06 PM

Oct 2017
Yeah One Piece, after marathoning it and approaching the last few episodes, I wanted to go back and watch all 800+ episodes again.
Apr 24, 2018 8:09 PM

May 2017
@hirugiku no argument there. The other times I rewatch shows its mostly for background noise that I'm familiar with.

Apr 24, 2018 8:10 PM
Aug 2016
I've rewatched Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei (all seasons) for like...idk i lost count
Apr 24, 2018 8:12 PM
Jul 2015
Undoubtedly FLCL, because I loved it and enjoyed it a lot? Not at all, I did not understand absolutely and it made me very frustrated not to see it as a masterpiece.

I still think it's shit.
Apr 24, 2018 8:16 PM

Jun 2016
Sora Yori and Kill la Kill for me....
"Make sure to remember, every person and place has a right to exist. It's true for you too, the entire world, as a whole, is your home." - Ginko
Apr 24, 2018 8:23 PM

Dec 2017
I don't usually rewatch but when I do, its Toradora and Lucky Star.
Apr 24, 2018 8:27 PM
May 2017
currently re-watching hunter x hunter in dub after I took ages to finally watch it in sub
Apr 24, 2018 8:31 PM

Jul 2017
Hirugiku said:
ituhata said:

This is pretty much how I feel. If it wasn't for time I'd rewatch a lot more
Apr 24, 2018 8:58 PM

Dec 2012
No, it's usually months or years after I watch it before I feel like watching something again, even then I want some variety too; like if I watched the sub first the next rewatch will be the dub.
KruszerApr 25, 2018 9:25 AM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Apr 24, 2018 9:09 PM

Jun 2015
No, I usually give my initial watch and my rewatch a fair distance apart, because putting them back to back would build fatigue and lessen the enjoyment of my rewatch. It's best to rewatch something when it's fresh out of my mind.
Apr 24, 2018 9:13 PM

Apr 2018
Nah, I rarely re-watch shows anyway
"it's a confession of love, after all."

:。・:*:・゚’★,。・:*:・゚’

Apr 24, 2018 9:18 PM

Mar 2016
When I was still following seasonal anime, I watched the same episode more than once in a week while waiting the next episode. But it's only for the show that I really enjoyed, such as konosuba, baby steps and gintama.

It also happened to Tenshi no Tamago. I watched it again the next day after I just finished it for the first time. Then I re-watched it again few days afterward. Other movies that I enjoyed have made re-watched them few days after the first time I watched them, such as Laputa, Bakemono no Ko, and Wolf's Children.

I tend to re-watch the show I like. I prefer to re-watch than to try new things that I doubt I would enjoy based on my mood.
Kurniawan_KtrApr 24, 2018 9:21 PM
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Apr 24, 2018 9:28 PM

Apr 2018
mmh, no, only Tokyo Ghoul;Re (MANGA)

Apr 24, 2018 9:57 PM

Sep 2011
Probably Re:Zero? But it's just a thought and I didn't actually do it.

Apr 24, 2018 9:58 PM

Nov 2017
When I first started watching anime I wanted to rewatch the devil is a part timer which was like the 5th anime I saw and still do wanna rewatch it.
Apr 24, 2018 10:22 PM

Oct 2017
I've had that feeling before but haven't put it in use yet. To this day, I still haven't rewatched any anime. I've already told before that I'm going to watch the Fate series again before watching the recent movie though whether I'll do it is something I'm not sure about. If I were to rewatch anything else, I think it's best if there's a considerable distance (several months or a couple years) after first watching it to get back the enjoyment I felt. Rewatching is only a thought so far.
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
Apr 24, 2018 10:23 PM

Feb 2018
Yea my first anime Death Note I rewatched it almost immediately
ONE Punch man aswell when I watched it for the first time I was so amazed that I just watched it a second time right after finishing it
Apr 25, 2018 3:07 AM

Feb 2013
yeah particularly those anime with more confusing starts.. but never actually did it except for We Without Wings where i rewatched the first eps immediatly after the end
Apr 25, 2018 4:03 AM

Sep 2017
i'm rewatching fmab right now which is 5 months after completing it, and rewatched 2003 fma after 3 months.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Apr 25, 2018 4:47 AM
Apr 2018
Shingeki no kyojin. It s the only one that i've followed while was airing, so when it finished i rewatched in a raining weekend
Apr 25, 2018 4:56 AM

Jan 2010
BnHA because I want to see and hear Bakugou Katsuki more
Apr 25, 2018 5:33 AM

Jan 2018
-SP- said:
Yeah One Piece, after marathoning it and approaching the last few episodes, I wanted to go back and watch all 800+ episodes again.

This one exactly. I don't know what will happen in future, so I already rewatch it at least once for every arc available before Cake Island arc.
Apr 25, 2018 6:03 AM

Nov 2016
Shows that were so good that when it finished I was sad. The most recent one was probably Made in Abyss.
Apr 25, 2018 6:15 AM
Apr 2018
Welll once u know the ending fully know except some animes like atton on titan
Apr 25, 2018 6:22 AM

Apr 2017
Some anime I've rewatched right after finishing them;
Assassination Classroom, both seasons
Boku no Hero Academia, both seasons and I intend to do so with the third one as well
Citrus
Eromanga-sensei
FLCL
Gabriel Dropout
Houseki no Kuni
Juuni Taisen
Both seasons of Kekkai Sensen
Both seasons of Konosuba
Made in Abyss
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica and the movie
Neon Genesis Evangelion and the movie
Both seasons of Overlord
Re:Creators
Re:Zero
Second season of Attack on Titan
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
SukaSuka
Steins;Gate
Youjo Senki
Yuru Camp
cunnysseur
Apr 25, 2018 6:30 AM
Jan 2017
A Silent Voice, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Descending Stories and Death Note.
Apr 25, 2018 6:31 AM

Mar 2015
Hmmm, I think only Death Note and Puella Magi Madoka Magica have had that effect on me.
Apr 25, 2018 6:37 AM
Jul 2018
Rewatch not really, except for maybe 1 or 2 episodes.

I reread manga more often though, doesn't matter even if I just finished rereading everything last week. As it's more convenient and I'll do it pretty frequently if I have a physical volume collection of the manga series.
Apr 25, 2018 6:37 AM

Mar 2018
I rarely rewatch stuff (except Juuni Kokuki, I've watched that like six times), but I do tend to rewatch shows immediately after watching them if I was either confused about plot or the show had excellent episodes and poor episodes; in the latter you can skip/fast forward the bad episodes and experience the pure joy of just the good ones. ;-)

I most recently did this with AICO (if you just watch the first two eps, bits of the middle ones, and the last four, it gets way better! :-P ) and Evergarden (its a different show if you just watch the story episodes, 1-4 & 8-9)

Also @MistLiigh I'm glad you liked Houseki no Kuni! Such a great show. Surprisingly, I haven't rewatched it yet. I'm hoping it comes out on blu-ray, in which case I'll watch it right away!

Oh, another one I did this with was Grimgar; eps 7&8 are sooo good, it pays to skip the other poorer parts of the rest of the show to get there and see that again.
shazbotianApr 25, 2018 7:18 AM
♫ やっと見つけた織姫様 だけどどこだろう彦星様
これじゃひとりぼっち ♫

"Just like my arms... can never be soft and warm, like yours are"
Apr 25, 2018 6:40 AM

Sep 2017
I'm not a fan of re-watching anime. Because I see anime as something like a "life experience". Something that can't be traveled back through time. A one time experience.

If I ever do have a reason to re-watch something. I think it would be - if I REALLY miss something or maybe I wanted to clarify details.

"The universe was made, just to be seen by my eyes."
Apr 25, 2018 6:42 AM

Oct 2017
I re-watched madoka magica as soon as I finished it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2018 6:50 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I haven't rewatched much lately. I did revisit Mob Psycho and BNHA since the beginning of the year. But I already know those series so well that my experience of them can't improve with them like something I have only watched once.
Apr 25, 2018 6:56 AM

Oct 2015
Yep, several times. One example is Love Live, which I watched the first season in 2 days, the second in 1 night, and the third in 2 days. Still have to watch the fourth.
SID is so much better than Sunshine, but still, I liked it.
Apr 25, 2018 6:58 AM

Mar 2015
I started rewatching the first season of Osomatsu-san while it was still airing :'D
Apr 25, 2018 7:00 AM

Mar 2016
Yup. I re-warched Land of the Lustrous too right after my first viewing of the show. I did the same with Haikyuu, Hajime no Ippo, Higurash S1, RWBY and Death Note.
Katsuo_Apr 25, 2018 7:04 AM

Apr 25, 2018 7:01 AM

Dec 2015
Yeah, it's probably more different for me than others because mine is the Hunter x Hunter series. It's really long so you probably would burn out, but I've watched the entire Hunter x Hunter collection and I've watched the Hunter x Hunter (2011) version three times.
Apr 25, 2018 7:13 AM

Oct 2014
I generally take years between my first watch and a rewatch. I usually don't even watch the sequels right after the first season.
Apr 25, 2018 7:18 AM

Oct 2016
Yes, I wanted to re-watch 99% of my favs
Apr 25, 2018 7:20 AM
Jun 2017
Oh, yes, I'm that way with Studio Ghibli films. I just can't get enough! :)
Apr 25, 2018 7:36 AM

Sep 2011
Wow, I honestly didn't expect this to get through a full page within 12 hours, if ever :o Thanks for all the input! Glad to know I'm not the only one lol.

Special shout-out to everyone here with HnK/LotL avatars! @velvetPhos @Tasel @shazbotian @Katsuo_

ituhata said:

The only one of those I haven't seen is Azumanga Daioh, and I just want to say all the ones I have seen are great choices! I'm actually legit impressed you've managed that many re-watches of Sora Yori already, I'd have to say it was probably the best anime of Winter 2018, so glad to see there are people spreading the word about it.

shazbotian said:
Also @MistLiigh I'm glad you liked Houseki no Kuni! Such a great show. Surprisingly, I haven't rewatched it yet. I'm hoping it comes out on blu-ray, in which case I'll watch it right away!

Oh, another one I did this with was Grimgar; eps 7&8 are sooo good, it pays to skip the other poorer parts of the rest of the show to get there and see that again.

Right?! At the time I was between HnK and Inuyashiki for my #1 anime of the Fall 2017 season, but looking back and seeing what's stuck in my mind the most, I think I have to give it to HnK probably for the whole year, with Made in Abyss being the biggest competition for that title. I'd love to own the series, so far I've had to settle for buying the manga volumes as they become available here lol.

Grimgar was such an interesting idea, I'd really like to see more with it, and I'm kinda sad that it wasn't a stronger series overall.

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Apr 25, 2018 7:55 AM

Sep 2011
@Tasel I just want to say there are some great shows in that list. A few weren't for me as much, but most of them I would totally be up to re-watching if I had all the time in the world lol.

Katsuo_ said:
Yup. I re-warched Land of the Lustrous too right after my first viewing of the show. I did the same with Haikyuu, Hajime no Ippo, Higurash S1, RWBY and Death Note.

Higurashi (especially S1) is one of my favorites and one of the few shows I've re-watched solely for enjoyment without a new season on the horizon or friends to share it with, and I've watched a lot of other shows just trying to find something that can scratch that same itch. About the closest I've ever found was its sister-series Umineko, which unfortunately didn't do well enough to get a second season... and in the end, the itch it scratched was subtly different. And yeah, I can't even tell you how many times I've watched some of the seasons of RWBY...

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Apr 25, 2018 8:03 AM

Mar 2018
Seeing this thread made me want to rewatch Yuru Camp again.

Apr 25, 2018 8:13 AM
Mar 2018
There is so much I need to watch that I have never really done this, though I have wanted to. Berserk 1997 was a recent one for sure.
Apr 25, 2018 8:18 AM
Aug 2014
Yes, I had rewatched Hibike! Euphonium almost immediately after I had completed it and honestly it was even stronger with a second viewing.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

58 by InsomniacBastard »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

81 by LostSpectre »»
10 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 40 minutes ago

11 by Otakupervert890 »»
11 minutes ago

» Which of your Character Favorites (profile) do you think are the least faithful/biggest potential cheaters?

IpreferEcchi - 35 minutes ago

3 by tchitchouan »»
12 minutes ago

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 2 hours ago

8 by r3v3l3v3l »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.