Forum Settings
Forums

Shows that you give decent rating but have no urge for rewatch ever

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 25, 2018 12:55 AM

Nov 2017
I would say Houseki no Kuni, don't wanna sit through that again.
Apr 25, 2018 1:12 AM
Jul 2018
Shiki. I liked the show but definitely wouldn't rewatch it because it's tedious to sit through like 7+ episodes of characters being clueless and the latter half of the show is too damn depressing.
Apr 25, 2018 1:21 AM

Mar 2016
Every show that I give a 7 or above is re-watchable to me. Even some my 6s are rewatchable.
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Apr 25, 2018 1:29 AM
Mar 2015
the only anime that comes in my mind is code geass
Apr 25, 2018 1:29 AM

Aug 2015
grave of the fireflies or clannad after story.
Apr 25, 2018 1:46 AM

Dec 2016
Decent to me is a 6, but if your cut-off score for decency is a 7 then I'd mention (among others):

- Kimi no na Wa
- Madoka Magica
- Fate/Zero
- Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas
- Bakemonogatari
- Nisemonogatari
- Slayers Try
- Jigoku Sensei Nube
- Ghost Sweeper GS Mikami
- Tetsuwan Atom (1980)
- High School DxD

All these 7/10's... I don't consider 8+'s because to me anything 8+ is actually worthy of a possible rewatch.
Apr 25, 2018 1:50 AM

Apr 2013
Everything on my list basically, I rather watch something new than rewatch something, even if I rated high.
Apr 25, 2018 4:09 AM

Apr 2017
maybe elfen lied and tasogare otome

its just that they dont deserve it

still life: pink roses
Apr 25, 2018 5:28 AM
Sep 2011
Witchblade. Watching MILFs bite the dust hits me to an irrational degree in the feels.

I don't think I could watch Blood+ or Monster all the way through again, either, simply because there are stretches of the two series that are intolerably slow, despite the quality.
Apr 25, 2018 8:29 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I'm very moody about my rewatches. Unless it's a 10 there is no grantee I'll watch it again.
Apr 25, 2018 8:44 AM

Jan 2017
Probably i will not rewatch darker shows again, like :-

Fate/Zero
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Steins Gate
Rezero

Also, Saekano (coz of that damn fu**ing second season)
Apr 25, 2018 1:37 PM

Jul 2016
Anything that relies on a hooking mystery and a "what will happen next?!" type of structure are almost always not fun to rewatch.
Apr 25, 2018 1:44 PM

Mar 2016
Grave of the fireflies, I don't want to go through that again...
Apr 25, 2018 2:11 PM

May 2016
pretty much everything. Until I somehow am in the mood for it lol.
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Apr 27, 2018 9:54 AM

Jul 2017
Elfen Lied
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
One Punch Man
Outbreak Company
Re:Creators

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Apr 27, 2018 4:34 PM

Dec 2015
Probably everything I've rated below 8 or 9? I liked them, but I'm not into rewatching shows that much.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 11, 2018 8:17 AM

Jan 2018
All in my completed list except my top 5 favorite shows. I could rewatch those over and over again.
May 11, 2018 8:56 AM

Jan 2016
Probably Aria and Monster are the 2 that comes at the top of my head.
May 11, 2018 9:00 AM
Dec 2017
Perfect Blue and Tatami Galaxy, because I don't think they'd have the same impact twice.
May 11, 2018 9:01 AM

Apr 2018
Noir, Coyote ragtime show, and Madlax. I gave them "decent" scores but damn were they pretty boring to watch and I don't see myself coming back to watch them.
May 11, 2018 9:02 AM
Oct 2015
I only rewatch my favorite episodes
May 11, 2018 9:11 AM

Aug 2017
- Assasination Classroom (I know the ending and I am not going through the feels again)
- Zetsuen no Tempest (As much as I love the first part the second part was not that good)
- Grave of the fireflies (already stated)
- FMAB (I don't really like rewatching long series)
May 11, 2018 9:30 AM

Mar 2016
Maki_3 said:
For me, any slice of life, unless it's Non Non Biyori.

I think slice of life in general is the easiest genre to rewatch. Obviously it depends on the anime, but it's so easy to just put on a random episode and let it absorb you all over again.
May 11, 2018 9:35 AM

Aug 2012
A recent one would be Texhnolyze. Although I rewatch pretty much everything that I consider a favorite or good. Give enough time and you've forgotten a lot from point A to point Z. There are times when I've finished a certain series, thinking I'll never revisit it again. A few months goes past and I sit in my couch watching/reading it all over again. I am more compelled to rewatch series than indulging myself in new ones.
May 11, 2018 10:30 AM

Jul 2017
Toradora. It's the only anime that I rate 9 or above but I haven't re-watch a single episode of it. Maybe it's not especially comedic and episodic enough?

Also Hyouka, I have a habit to re-watch anime rather than watching something new when I'm not in an optimal environment to watch anime because I treasure my first experience with an anime a lot. So I rarely re-watch Hyouka too, because it's one of those anime that would be a lot better when there is no disturbance around, but if I'm in that circumstances I might save the time for something else.
May 11, 2018 10:46 AM
Apr 2017
That sums up most anime I like really. It has to be a special kind of anime to have rewatch value tbh
May 11, 2018 10:57 AM
Sep 2009
I used to re-watch a lot of shows even if I didn't liked them that much that kept airing on TV since i had nothing better to do I kept watching the same thing again and again lol unless it was a trash I didn't bother to, but then I enjoyed watching some animes which I rated 8+ when I joined MAL, but now I don't feel like watching anything anymore, but my mood may change years later(?)
May 11, 2018 10:58 AM

Jul 2016
This was actually really difficult for me because most of the shows I have no interest in re-watching are either low scored, or not scored at all, because I forgot everything about them. That said, I did come up with 3 titles. 91 Days, Just Because and Re:Creators, and all three for basically the same (underwhelming) reason. I just think they're 'meh'. I liked them enough to give them good scores, but not enough to have any particularly fond or even strong memories with them. They're just.... meh
May 11, 2018 11:11 AM

Sep 2015
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (second season)
Clannad
Free!
Inuyashiki
Magi
Nana
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Zetsuen no Tempest

All of these animes I rated 9 or 10 so I really enjoyed it, but I don't think I would watch them again. I think these are great if you watch them for the first time. Rewatching them won't give the same impact and would be pretty boring.
xxSayaMay 11, 2018 11:14 AM
May 11, 2018 11:20 AM

Feb 2018
Steins Gate probably while I can't say for sure because the first time i watched it was rarely recently it's the only anime in my favorites list that i haven't rewatched yet.
May 19, 2018 9:16 PM
Jun 2016
I consider "decent score" to be a 9/10 or above. I've scored 63 anime a 9/10 or above (64 if you count SAO Abridged).

There are only 25 of those I haven't re-watched.
- Hidamari Sketch and SAO: GGO Alternative are anime I'm yet to finish.
- Welcome to the NHK, Kill la Kill, Tatami Galaxy and Haibane Renmei are anime I have decisive plans to re-watch in the near future.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion, Sayounara Zetsubou-sensei and Ore Monogatari are anime I'm partway through re-watching now.
- Youjo Senki, PaniPoini Dash and Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru are anime I have an urge to re-watch eventually, but not right now.
- Hyouka and Azumanga Daioh are anime I got part-way through re-watching and didn't finish (Hyouka because I was re-watching with the dub and only half the dubbed episodes were out at the time. Azumanga Daioh because the comedy didn't land the second time around).

That leaves a total of 11, here's my reasons for each (ranked by probability I'll re-watch it):
- Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight (Want tor re-watch it eventually, but I'll never find the time)
- Mushishi (I get the sense that Mushishi was never meant to be experienced twice)
- Wolf Children (There really isn't any value in watching this movie twice. The broader strokes are of the most value)
- Kino's Journey (If I ever want more Kino's Journey, I'll read the far more expansive light novels)
- Chuunibyou (Second season made me doubt the quality of the first, making it hard to find the motivation to re-watch it)
- Kemono Friends (I'm sure the problems with the series will become more pronounced on a second viewing)
- Princess Principal (I have no idea why I haven't re-watched this, nor why I don't plan to)
- Akagami no Shirayuki-hime (I don't like it enough to watch it twice)
- Mahoujin Guruguru (Feels like the cheerful atmosphere will be less potent the second time around)
- Plastic Memories (Didn't like it enough to watch it twice)
- Shirobako (Too much "nothingness" for me to watch this twice)
Tenderizer79May 19, 2018 9:30 PM
May 19, 2018 10:39 PM

Sep 2014
Snow White with the Red Hair
Nagi no Asukara
Code Geass: Akito the Exiled movies
Code Geass
Durarara's 3 newer seasons
Another
Death Note
Full Metal Alchemist (the older version)
Seirei no Moribito
Cardcaptor Sakura
May 19, 2018 11:05 PM

Aug 2015
Lots of people said Grave of Fireflies and I will concur. I tried to rewatch it to make myself cry but I couldn't do it. The level of heart wrenching pain inflicted from that movie is just too much...

I don't rewatch full seasons but just rewatch scenes that I spontaneously remember and want to laugh so I rewatch a certain episode. I recently remembered the funny scene from Handa-kun when he got a confession letter so I rewatched that episode. Nagi no Asukara, Clannad, Gintama fall in that category.

The other reason would be I don't want to ruin the initial emotions of joy and wonderment I felt watching a show the first time. You get bored after you rewatch it so often. Kimi no Na wa falls in that category. Black Lagoon, a lot of Shoujo anime, maybe even Ergo Proxy, belong in this category.

Everything else is fair game if they're memorable.
Can I touch you? Please I love you. Let me touch you, I love you!
Friend: How's school? Me: School gave me debt and my plant mold.

May 20, 2018 9:15 AM
Sep 2011
9mm_Revy said:
Noir, Coyote ragtime show, and Madlax. I gave them "decent" scores but damn were they pretty boring to watch and I don't see myself coming back to watch them.

Noir, Madlax, and other assorted slow-burn "yuri-bait" shows (Canaan is one that pops immediately into my head) are definitely on my list as well. I can enjoy them once, but the relationship blue-balling prevents me from re-watching them.
May 20, 2018 9:43 AM

Oct 2014
I very rarely rewatch anything regardless of what score I've given it. Most of my favourites are quite long, too, which makes them even harder for me to rewatch.
May 20, 2018 9:50 AM

Feb 2018
Grave of the Fireflies and Barefoot Gen, based on skimming through what I've rated.

I feel like the effect of something packed with so much "real-world drama" is lessened by repeat viewings. I liked them for the most part (Barefoot Gen was iffy in places, but it pulled itself together in the second half). Both of them made me cry at certain points. They were that affecting.

But I don't think they would have the same emotional impact if I saw them again. I feel like I've already gotten the most I can get out of them, and therefore have little to no interest in seeing them again.
May 20, 2018 10:00 AM

Mar 2017
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Don't get me wrong - it was a solid show, but I don't need to watch it again.

I have been meaning to finish watching the original Fullmetal Alchemist, but since I know what happens in Brotherhood I have barely any desire to finish it.
May 20, 2018 10:44 AM

Apr 2014
pretty much all of them. maybe i could rewatch them dubbed playing on the tv while i do something else in a few years but unless they are a movie or whatever i prob won't rewatch anything in the foreseeable future.
exclusions apply
May 20, 2018 10:52 AM

Mar 2018
Bakuman.
Fate.
Monogatari series.

Basically any anime that is somewhat successful, with exceptional plot, characters, and a memorable/satisfying ending, also leaving no plot holes, cliffhangers, etc.
As well as animes that bypass the typical 24 episodes are not worth re-watching.
Like would you watch the entire 500ep Naruto anime again? I think not.

Especially an anime that puts you into the eternal void(Post Anime depression) for a week straight. Yeah, don't ever re-watch them.

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ YOᑌ.... ᑕOᑌᒪᗪ IT ᗷE TᕼᗩT YOᑌ'ᖇE ᒍᑌᔕT ᗩᑎ IᗪIOT?
~ Araragi Senpai

* .    *
.      ˚    *   ·
.  ✦             ✫ ·
.    ✢    °         ✧    .       
May 20, 2018 10:58 AM

Nov 2017
I don't re-watch anything. Even if I do, It's just some EPIC clips from certain episodes. I'll still name one which I'll never watch again and that is "The Tatami Galaxy" Even though I loved it.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

So many anime, So little time!

May 20, 2018 1:05 PM

Apr 2018
ClodRaker said:
9mm_Revy said:

Noir, Madlax, and other assorted slow-burn "yuri-bait" shows (Canaan is one that pops immediately into my head) are definitely on my list as well. I can enjoy them once, but the relationship blue-balling prevents me from re-watching them.

Yea. I've tried with Madlax, Noir, and Cazador de la bruja, but I just couldn't, they were just slow af with the pacing and like you said about the relationship. Canaan I may be able to re-watch mostly because there is a bit more action (I thought) than in the others I just mentioned but after my first watch It didn't leave me with the impression of wanting to go back to watch it again like other anime have left on me after the first watch through
May 20, 2018 2:08 PM

Mar 2009
There's some long series like that for me. I might rewatch some episodes, but I'd never rewatch the entirety of One Piece. Major is also kind of like that... it's like six seasons now.
May 20, 2018 2:39 PM

Feb 2012
I rather go to the source than rewatch these days. Which has so far proven a great way to revisit things that were never even my favorites to begin with.
May 20, 2018 2:42 PM

Feb 2017
I don't rewatch series, movie is fine
May 20, 2018 2:52 PM

Jan 2013
Code Geass.
It was on of my first animes and i remember really loving it but i just cant seem to get in the mood to rewatch it at all.
May 20, 2018 2:55 PM
Aug 2013
I'd say most shows tbh. although forever is a long time....

but in general I never rewatch anything in full.... only exception so far was Naruto original series and One Punch Man
Imagination is a weapon. Those who don't use it die first.
May 20, 2018 3:21 PM

Nov 2011
Six is my lowest score that I consider favorable, and there are a number of 6’s I probably won’t ever rewatch: Aishiteruze Baby, High School Fleet, Break Blade, Futari wa Precure...
May 20, 2018 3:28 PM

Aug 2015
Honestly, I wouldn't re-watch most of my favorites.
May 21, 2018 4:04 AM
Feb 2009
Mousou Dairinin
it was so freaking starnge
May 21, 2018 6:59 AM

Feb 2018
Blast of Tempest
Devilman Crybaby
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

Will probably never watch these ones again despite really liking them.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

103 by mo_lave »»
7 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

66 by 8oomer »»
9 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

25 by Tropisch »»
10 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 10 hours ago

41 by epidemia78 »»
15 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

33 by WatchTillTandava »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.