Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2018 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, they are adapting the infamous auctioning part. The masks, bets, etc. I must say, it's a very unusual auction yet the competition is fierce.

The action is okay, nothing too impressive but seeing Sasaki and the others get into action is a sight to see. I think the manga was more violent but there's definitely bloodshed in the fighting from this episode too. Not to mention, the craziness of the laughs...

Apr 24, 2018 8:20 AM

Jun 2016
So the auction begins.... Can't wait to see when Furuta gets more of the screen time ehm.
The clowns have made their appearance hmm. Everything is going right and is well paced, considering we have only 12 episodes :@
oh shiet, WHO LET TAKIZAWA ON LOOSE.. CCG better hide their shit now.
And let's hope Sasaki manages to rescue poor Tooru (well not so poor ehmm)
srafaymsApr 24, 2018 8:46 AM
Apr 24, 2018 9:01 AM

May 2015
Pineapple~ Pretty sure this episode adapted less than the previous episode. Maybe 4 chapters? Ok ep otherwise.

Apr 24, 2018 9:08 AM
Apr 2018
Madame:” My sweet little Juzo”.
Family problems?
Apr 24, 2018 9:10 AM

Feb 2018
I can' t wait to see my boi Takizawa smashing CCG doves and Haise.
Typical slav weeb who is hunting down normies on discord
Apr 24, 2018 9:28 AM

May 2017
Everything with the auction felt rushed

seeing juuzou x madame is nice
Apr 24, 2018 9:31 AM

Aug 2016
Yes yes yes! My boy Takizawa is here, let's go!
Wish they would have shown his face like when he was revealed in the manga but maybe we'll see that next episode.

Also can't remember if she was shown before but it's nice to see Matsumae too.

Episode seemed alright, not a big fan of how Pierrot does the action scenes but pacing and general adaption looked decent (at least compared to prevoius episodes) in this one.

GreeenSpongeApr 24, 2018 9:45 AM
Apr 24, 2018 9:32 AM

Jul 2017
Pretty solid episode.

Whilst I'm not a big fan of the manga for Tokyo Ghoul:re, I must say that the anime really lacks that insanity that the manga displays due to the art.

The art in this anime looks good but at the same time, doesn't fit the 'seinen' style of Tokyo Ghoul that well and this episode proved it for me.

I wanted more insanity, more gore and more darkness. It was done alright but it did severly lack for me.

Still, I enjoyed the episode for what it was so it was solid.
Apr 24, 2018 9:45 AM

Nov 2016
The episodes are actually kinda good,once you've lowered your expectations.

And hell yeah, Takizawa is here.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 24, 2018 9:48 AM

Jul 2017
The pacing was bad. A lot of scenes have been skipped, they added a lot of characters which I doubt anime onlys can keep track of or remember. Also, I’m not a fan of the dull animation.

At this rate, Studio Clown are slowly turning this into Root A
Apr 24, 2018 9:50 AM

May 2016
Not Bad I would say but they could have done better.
Takizawa was kinda lame compared to the manga at least draw him with more seriousness.
Apr 24, 2018 9:50 AM

Nov 2016
The auction begins. Is a strange auction full of people with masks. Was nice to see the competition between the "items", had some tense moments in the scene.

The action wasn't that big of a deal, the fights ended quickly. Was nice to see Juzo doing some action (best trap btw), I like his character. That ending tho, that ghoul is twisted.
Ok episode, expecting more next week.
Apr 24, 2018 9:56 AM

Feb 2015
I think anime is doing a good job..well exceeded my expectations. The auction arc is kinda slow to take off ..so I doubt many people will like this episode much..
Apr 24, 2018 10:07 AM

Feb 2015
The first half of the episode was stronger than the latter half. Overall it was an okay episode with a lot of familiar faces. I'm just hoping that with the introduction of so many new and old characters, the overall quality of relationships between them doesn't falter as many a shounen series do.

3/5
Apr 24, 2018 10:09 AM

Dec 2015
Wow, they've really underdeveloped the fucked up views Torso has for Tooru haven't they? I had to remind myself several times that the dude ISN'T actually in love (cause that's the vibe I was constantly getting from him) with Tooru. Thank god I've read the manga, cause what they've done is very misleading.

Lol, I noticed it before, but now I can confirm that Rosewald's German is absolutely fucking terrible. Now don't get me wrong, I love Kobayashi Yuu, but in this case, she's completely miscast.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 24, 2018 10:11 AM

Jan 2018
After reading manga I am feeling let down less blood auction was half assed I was surprised that one of the important scene being cut off from the auction
I hope rest of the fights get better attention
Don't rush and become √A
Apr 24, 2018 10:20 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, you don't mess with clowns, stupid newbies.
Takizawa is here!
Apr 24, 2018 10:25 AM

May 2017
underwhelming episode.

the action scenes are very limited and boring.. i expected more in this episode

Maaan.. they got me so hyped after episode 2 .. such a beautiful and nice episode. I feel like they showed more of kaneki and touka so the viewers (like me) get hooked and want to see more. I feel disappointed from these last two episodes.. i want more of kaneki and i want more of touka. This episode didnt even have Sasaki in it.. like yea 20 seconds of screen time where he was running through buildings woooh..
shayed__Apr 24, 2018 10:44 AM
Apr 24, 2018 10:28 AM

Feb 2018
Maybe it's because of the lack of I formation from the previous season but I barely knew what's going on and it's not all that interesting
Apr 24, 2018 10:30 AM

Jun 2014
@ImbalancedEmblem This episode adapted chapters 17-21, so 5 chapters.

I think this episode was somewhat decent by Tokyo Ghoul standards. Of course there were, as expected, things that were skipped over but the episodes actually aren't that bad if you go into them with that kind of expectation. The action was all right, nothing too special. I'm a little disappointed with how Takizawa was introduced here in the anime, but oh well, the mindless action is still entertaining to watch.

joe_g7 said:
Lol, I noticed it before, but now I can confirm that Rosewald's German is absolutely fucking terrible. Now don't get me wrong, I love Kobayashi Yuu, but in this case, she's completely miscast.

Lol thank you for mentioning this so I didn't have to.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 24, 2018 10:34 AM
Apr 2018
Nice Episode! Pacing was better and slower than the previous episode! Although the animation were Okay/Meh overall, the rest was very enjoyable. Excited to see Ep. 5!
Apr 24, 2018 10:35 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Quite the predicament that Mutsuki has found himself in. But man he sure caused quite a stir within the auction. Suzuya's reveal though was pretty well executed. But him dressed as a girl as he mows down ghouls with the throwing knives sure was fun to watch. Nice to see that the q squad finally gets a taste of field combat though. The Naki and Miza tag team sure was effective though. The clowns though look to be tricky foes to deal with though. Hmm quite the action packed episode. Looks like this op is only going to get more interesting as new foes emerge to face the CCG.
ShingsterApr 24, 2018 11:03 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2018 10:35 AM
Sep 2017
why all fight scene look realy slow?
Apr 24, 2018 10:54 AM
Apr 2016
Shingster said:
Quite the predicament that Mutsuki has found herself in. But man she sure caused quite a stir within the auction. Suzuya's reveal though was pretty well executed. But him dressed as a girl as he mows down ghouls with the throwing knives sure was fun to watch. Nice to see that the q squad finally gets a taste of field combat though. The Naki and Miza tag team sure was effective though. The clowns though look to be tricky foes to deal with though. Hmm quite the action packed episode. Looks like this op is only going to get more interesting as new foes emerge to face the CCG.

Mutsuki is a male.
Re:formed
Apr 24, 2018 10:57 AM

Jul 2013
It seems Takizawa has became the poster boy of "meth, not even once".
Apr 24, 2018 11:01 AM

Jan 2017
Well, as a person who has enjoyed Tokyo ghoul only as the anime series.. I'm enjoying RE.
people may dispute this; but s02 was the best thing ever for me, it's not always you see high profile deaths
I like how they've jumped right into its story without explaining the characters; if they did that intentionally -i applaud them, let's just hope that the direction they've taken is to explain through the story (rather than Pierrot assuming everyone's read the manga, don't do that).

But Tokyo Ghoul remains that series you binge watch in one go, 'cause the week wait between episodes is just too long. But since it is airing, I don't want to miss an episode waiting for all of them to be aired (I'm probably gonna rewatch it straight after it's finished)

Other than that, today was enjoyable, and a concept native to the show is that someone's going to die (that's just the way it works); but it's still a game of "who's next?" And true to its nature we have deaths, albeit not so significant, but they should on the way, right!
And was that Uta as the auctioneer
You know the ED to this anime is just the best, no matter what happens during the show (intensity, action, emotion etc) the closing is so laid-back that it makes me go"hmmm, next week isn't too far away. I can wait.."

Aaghh, can't wait for next week

P.S.
Anybody else think that Tooru would make a really good trap
tidoesstuffApr 24, 2018 11:07 AM
Apr 24, 2018 11:02 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Daniel_Naumov said:
Shingster said:
Quite the predicament that Mutsuki has found herself in. But man she sure caused quite a stir within the auction. Suzuya's reveal though was pretty well executed. But him dressed as a girl as he mows down ghouls with the throwing knives sure was fun to watch. Nice to see that the q squad finally gets a taste of field combat though. The Naki and Miza tag team sure was effective though. The clowns though look to be tricky foes to deal with though. Hmm quite the action packed episode. Looks like this op is only going to get more interesting as new foes emerge to face the CCG.

Mutsuki is a male.

Ah my mistake.
I thought he was a girl from his mannerisms
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2018 11:03 AM

Jun 2012
didnt care for this episode

was disappointed

entire episode was fill with people no one cares about

besides some
Apr 24, 2018 11:07 AM

Oct 2017
shayed__ said:
underwhelming episode.

Maaan.. they got me so hyped after episode 2 .. such a beautiful and nice episode. I feel like they showed more of kaneki and touka so the viewers (like me) get hooked and want to see more. I feel disappointed from these last two episodes.. i want more of kaneki and i want more of touka. This episode didnt even have Sasaki in it.. like yea 20 seconds of screen time where he was running through buildings woooh..

More touka? I'm sorry bro, but you gonna be disappointed
Hey you, yes you! Interested to be a decent human being? Then go outside and get a fucking life.
Apr 24, 2018 11:12 AM

Jan 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
Shingster said:

Mutsuki is a male.

😂😂😂😭 XDXDXD
No amount of emojis can explain how much I'm laughing right now LMAO
Something about the way you said Mutsuki is a male, I could imagine @shingster passionately explaining how they felt about the episode
But you with a straight face saying but Tooru's a guy
Apr 24, 2018 11:14 AM

May 2017
EvilDevilJEF said:
shayed__ said:
underwhelming episode.

yea i thought so.. im thinking about reading the manga. I'm hesitating because i dont wanna re-read everything i've seen in s1 and s2 although i heard s2 was mostly anime original content
Apr 24, 2018 11:15 AM

Oct 2015
Eto is logging in best character
Apr 24, 2018 11:21 AM

Dec 2017
now that they adapt this manga chapter

anyways, shit goes down, rosewald's german cringy as hell, and on top of that just from the VA it's clear as day that she's a woman, where in manga it positions as a male (at first)
Apr 24, 2018 11:22 AM
Jan 2018
shayed__ said:
EvilDevilJEF said:

yea i thought so.. im thinking about reading the manga. I'm hesitating because i dont wanna re-read everything i've seen in s1 and s2 although i heard s2 was mostly anime original content
Even Season 1 of the anime is a lot different than the manga. Season 1 changed the order of events a bit and cut a lot out of the manga. It's definitely worth a read
Apr 24, 2018 11:29 AM

May 2017
iHai_xx said:
shayed__ said:

Even Season 1 of the anime is a lot different than the manga. Season 1 changed the order of events a bit and cut a lot out of the manga. It's definitely worth a read

hmm that makes it more interesting. I might start reading later thank you
Apr 24, 2018 11:39 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015

Lol long day with not enough coffee
Btw love your gif of Ram and Rem though

tambi33 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Mutsuki is a male.

😂😂😂😭 XDXDXD
Something about the way you said Mutsuki is a male, I could imagine @shingster passionately explaining how they felt about the episode
Apr 24, 2018 12:20 PM
Mar 2018
xShinigami3125 said:
Maybe it's because of the lack of I formation from the previous season but I barely knew what's going on and it's not all that interesting

Same. I remember only Kaneki, Nishki, Ayato and Eto.
Apr 24, 2018 12:48 PM

Jan 2016
Good episode, but Kanaes voice actor is horrendous for this role! Her German is beyond salvation

But Takizawa is finally here!
Apr 24, 2018 1:02 PM
Nov 2016
did really nobody see the Gate reference?

http://prntscr.com/j9nc24

http://prntscr.com/j9nc9z
Apr 24, 2018 1:03 PM

Apr 2015
Scheisse, what a strange auction, but what else do we expect in a world of Ghouls. 200 Million for Tooru, that's a lot of money!
Apr 24, 2018 1:06 PM
Jul 2016
Ugh the animation was atrocious; i'm not even big on animation, as long as an anime has decent animation it doesn't bother me. Hell even sub par animation is fine if it's an old school anime but tokyo ghoul is not!

Every episode so far has been ugly and stiff. Studio clown can't even get the god walking scenes right... If you're going to fuck the action scenes up with one slide scenes and terrible animation them a least get the mellow scenes correct! A least the art is good but even the art looks too "clean" for tokyo ghoul.

As a manga reader i'm not even going to get into the disappointing pacing because they only have 12 episodes. I still wish they would get more of the conservation & investigation scenes animated because ironically, tokyo ghoul is known more for it's wonderful dialogue rather than it's action. Studio clown is treating tokyo ghoul as a generic shounen lol...

I feel bad for the anime only fans ebcause studio clown fucked up S2, leaving anime only viewers confused on whatever the fuck is going on.

Honestly I've enjoyed "re" so far and it has the potential to be better than it's predecessors (not like that's hard to do anyway) but as of now, it's a little below s1 while above s2.
Apr 24, 2018 1:12 PM

Jun 2017
The story is alright so far, I just wish the animation quality was a bit better.
Sean-Jan 16, 2019 12:23 PM
Apr 24, 2018 1:23 PM

Sep 2014
Wow I never thought I would get excited for TG again but here I am, craving the next episode.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 24, 2018 1:28 PM
Apr 2015
idk, the kagunes look so wierd and stiff, the animations are also really bad
Apr 24, 2018 1:43 PM
Apr 2016
tambi33 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Mutsuki is a male.

😂😂😂😭 XDXDXD

I mean, better let others know he is actually a timid guy, than to have them think "Wow Tooru looks noice in the dress". Which I, regrettably, did.
Apr 24, 2018 1:44 PM
Apr 2016
Sean- said:
The story seems interesting, I just wish the animation quality was a bit better.
Suvanek said:
idk, the kagunes look so wierd and stiff, the animations are also really bad

I really hope they are saving some sick stuff for boss battles, like that Orochimaru vs Log in Boruto. But for me, the series was never about flashy fights, more like fantasy grey morality and reflection upon it. And it still stays true to it. Kaneki has been on the both sides of the barricades, and now will have to fight many people he was sort of friendly with before. And the worst thing is, he will actually be fighting villains. So what, do you feel sorry for them, or revel in the tragedy?
Apr 24, 2018 1:47 PM

Dec 2016
Good episode :) lot of action don't mean good episode tho..
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Apr 24, 2018 1:48 PM

Aug 2015
shame that they didn't animate this

It's better than what they used and fits Takizawa's madness.
Apr 24, 2018 1:58 PM
Aug 2014
Was I the only one completely turned off to the action scenes by the stiff shots and constant panning over an image? I'd prefer action scenes have more action, I guess.
Apr 24, 2018 2:00 PM

Jul 2017
OST was great this episode, animation quality...not so much
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

95 by F0xFae »»
Mar 30, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2018

194 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

416 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 6:00 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul: re 1st season is underrated

Ryuu_Mayo - Feb 3

12 by KayKimii »»
Feb 3, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 9 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

23 by Loockl »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.