Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 23, 2018 2:24 PM

Apr 2012
Wow, this show manages to have more severe moments than Mahou Shoujo Site as an official horror. Against this background, I even forgot about the bad animation of a bear, lol. I did not understand just one thing, how old is this girl, that her grandmother is trying to ship her with MC?

Apr 23, 2018 2:31 PM

Aug 2012
Whoahoho said:

Oh shit they should have killed that Matagi guy

Oh what a great journey we will have with this matagi boi
Apr 23, 2018 2:39 PM
Jan 2018
I'm actually getting used to the CG bear now
Apr 23, 2018 2:44 PM
Jan 2018
Also, Sugimoto going "Hina, Hina" when he was eating the miso (poop) cracked me up. A lot of funny interactions between Asirpa and Sugimoto this episode.
Apr 23, 2018 2:50 PM

Jul 2015
Great episode, Asirpa and bears got a spot in my heart.

The comedy is really funny so far, Sugimoto is both a badass and a fun guy.
Apr 23, 2018 3:34 PM

Dec 2017
that bitch slap by the bear is so surprising, it took a while for the man to realize he had to die, holy shit.

considering this is a tv series, i don’t mind with the censored though, that was pretty wild too.

and that’s a legit ainu languange, isn’t ainu speakers in Japan is very few, writing it for manga is one thing, but to speak and pronounce it correctly, you need some expert for that. good thing they care for such detail, even just for a 2-3 minutes of screentime.

Asirpa still cute as usual, when she rubbed the wolf belly and when she sees the bear, her reaction is amusing to watch.

Asirpa and Sugimoto chemistry is very entertaining to watch, good episode.
Apr 23, 2018 4:01 PM

Feb 2016
Asirpa is adorable x3. Those facial expresions tho xD

I liked the background story for the Ainu. A nice way to do world building for this anime.

Hmmm, looks like those soldiers are plotting something.

That end tho.

PD: CG is back... ugly as ever but well, other than that, this anime is really promising
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 23, 2018 4:17 PM

Sep 2015
Next episode is called "Grim Reaper"... yay!

Pretty intense episode, laughed hard at the Asirpa baby bear scene.

Also, I like how they addressed the relationship between Sugimoto and Asirpa, I mean, we were all thinking in the back of our heads that it was extremely odd that they ignored any romantic subplot, so it's cool that the granny had to be added in to clear that up. Aspira is probably too young anyway to be considered a romantic interest for Sugimoto, but I have a feeling that in the later episodes/ chapters, as she gets older something might develop gradually. If they don't though, I'm oddly fine with that too.

Hey, it's you again, CGI bear! At least the silver wolf isn't in 3D.
Apr 23, 2018 4:18 PM
Feb 2018
Amazing episode minus the cg bear of course.
Apr 23, 2018 4:22 PM

Jan 2011
I don't know why a lot complain about animation
I really like it also CGI bear look good

Apr 23, 2018 4:30 PM

Jul 2009
Well shit at first I was ok with the Matagi guy then he went and said he wants to kill the wolf (KNOWING that they're supposed to be extinct) that scumbag. Death to him!

yuurishibooty said:
"I will be his mommy!"

I know that was so cute! I actually wish they'd take the lil guy along, I don't approve of this killing tradition. We humans can say and make up whatever religion we want but at the end of the day the animals don't give af, all they know is that they just got killed. Poor baby.
Apr 23, 2018 4:32 PM

Apr 2016
It was cool to see Asirpa's village and learn more about
that guy got his face ripped off, holy sh*t...
also the guy with the messed up face seems pretty savage, I like it
Apr 23, 2018 6:20 PM
Jul 2018
I'm a bit worried though, now that we've met Asirpa's village, I worry there is going to be an attack on her people now from those jerks in the military!!
Apr 23, 2018 6:45 PM
Jul 2018
the moment there were talking of 'bear' I was kinda got awed that we have to see 3D bear again and it actually appeared.. :( But thankfully I felt they didn't exposed too many actions in this episode and the info dumps were really interesting.
And that last part was pure badass!! (also again thankfully they censored it that part)
removed-userApr 23, 2018 6:49 PM
Apr 23, 2018 6:50 PM

Mar 2014
i think ainu is rarely mentioned in anime is cuz the ainu culture's never been accepted by modern japanese
Apr 23, 2018 6:59 PM

Jan 2011
this show continues to grow on me

it has aspects of what i wish drifters was better at ,mixing surprisingly funny bits and raw serious moments well without being to jarring while also dropping History "facts"

can safely say i'm glad it isn't as graphic as the manga damn

everyone's planning their own ways on getting the tattoos now things are getting interesting and the dude better leave our wolf alone !
Apr 23, 2018 7:30 PM

Feb 2017
So basically:

Golden Kamuy means Golden God
Apr 23, 2018 7:44 PM
Mar 2015
Love the poop theme Miso is poop. the kids name is poop Hers was grandfather's asshole.
The bear appears and kills people so fast that there is no time to really complain about Everything she was true.
Life is really cheap among the Japanese The Ainu have a reverence for life even though they kill it to survive. Poor baby bear. In two years he is toast
Apr 23, 2018 7:48 PM

Jan 2013
The comedy in this episode was really good, especially when her grandma was asking Sugimoto to take her as his wife because no one will take her hahahaha In this particular moment i loved her reaction and what she said xD
Oh and the names part hahahahaha nice name Asirpa, "grandfather's asshole" hahaha that was way to funny xD

That wolf is so pretty!!!
Oh and, Asirpa's reactions are so funny, the comic moments with both of them are so good.

So those guys are searching for Sugimoto? Do they know that he has a few maps already?
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 23, 2018 7:50 PM

Jan 2013
GoldenDevilGamer said:
For those wondering how much more graphic it is in the manga:

WOW! That's like nothing compared to the anime, but i understand why they did it. Maybe we will have it in the blu-ray release.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 23, 2018 8:14 PM
Mar 2018
AivanK said:
The comedy in this episode was really good, especially when her grandma was asking Sugimoto to take her as his wife because no one will take her hahahaha In this particular moment i loved her reaction and what she said xD
Oh and the names part hahahahaha nice name Asirpa, "grandfather's asshole" hahaha that was way to funny xD

That wolf is so pretty!!!
Oh and, Asirpa's reactions are so funny, the comic moments with both of them are so good.

So those guys are searching for Sugimoto? Do they know that he has a few maps already?

no, they went to the forest searching for ogata's attacker it's explained on the anime but ogata write down "immortal" before he lost consciousness which at first the 7th division though of a joke of ogata saying himself immortal for not dying. which lead to the soldier recognizing sugimoto because of his nickname

at this point they don't know that sugimoto participated on convict hunt
Apr 23, 2018 8:16 PM
Mar 2018
now that we know the meaning of osoma i'd like to give a teaser so you will be interested checking the manga

Inugirlz said:
Well shit at first I was ok with the Matagi guy then he went and said he wants to kill the wolf (KNOWING that they're supposed to be extinct) that scumbag. Death to him!

and you shouldn't talk about the best girl like that
DandyMadaoApr 23, 2018 8:40 PM
Apr 23, 2018 10:12 PM

Feb 2012
Damn those soldiers are insanely tough. The guy gets his face ripped off and still keeps going shooting the bear. Then there's the guy with part of his skull missing he looks crazy. Looking forward to seeing more of him.
Apr 23, 2018 11:12 PM

Apr 2012
ButtSlapper said:
i think ainu is rarely mentioned in anime is cuz the ainu culture's never been accepted by modern japanese

I've actually heard the author of the original manga received criticism and even death threats from Japanese nationalists for portraying Japanese soldiers as antagonists and "degenerate Ainu" in a positive light.
Apr 23, 2018 11:16 PM

Jun 2016
It was really nice to know more about the Ainu and I finally got understand where "Kamuy" came from. It's apparent that Tsurumi will be a mad man, Plus the two at the end of the episode do prove to be interesting. A rather enthralling episode !
Apr 24, 2018 12:52 AM
Oct 2012
I really enjoyed this episode and the animation improved ALOT just by being more consistent. And I love Huci and Osoma, they're so adorable.
I gotta say Tsurumi's voice is stiffer than I imagined. I always imagined a more emotive voice. But this voice does suit him, sounds creepy and psychopathic.

I'm really excited for more now.
Apr 24, 2018 2:46 AM

Sep 2011
So does anyone who read the manga know what it Kamuy with a Y instead of the usual Kamui with an I?
Apr 24, 2018 3:04 AM

Aug 2012
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
So does anyone who read the manga know what it Kamuy with a Y instead of the usual Kamui with an I?

It's officially named 'Kamuy' even in Weekly Young Jump because it's not Japanese word. 'Kamui' is just romaji of katakana.
Apr 24, 2018 3:27 AM
Apr 2017
Pretty good episode, laughed a lot again.
Apr 24, 2018 5:54 AM
Jun 2017
Ohh look a cute little bear. Sure Arispa doesnt want to be close to that cute little bear due to their traditions...

And now the enemy sure has a new idea that they dont need to kill a certain prisoner just to have a tattoe...

Nice episode...
Apr 24, 2018 7:09 AM

Feb 2008
7th Division troops seem formidable. However, their lieutenant is on a completely different level, Tsurumi is as insane as he looks. I am looking forward to finding out what will bring the 7th Division's war to an end.
Apr 24, 2018 7:17 AM
Sep 2017
Does this anime have taboo-es relationships between the two MC??? Cause i swear theres a Romance tag on the manga.

Apr 24, 2018 7:19 AM

Dec 2017
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

in Ainu languange, the word イ (i) is spelled (y) whenever following a vowel (a-i-u-e-o)

instead of アヌ (a-i-nu), it becomes (a-y-nu)
so カム(ka-mu-i) become (ka-mu-y)

it still means the same though.
Apr 24, 2018 7:27 AM
Mar 2018
ThreadFazer said:
Does this anime have taboo-es relationships between the two MC??? Cause i swear theres a Romance tag on the manga.

as the manga reader idk about the romance
but we have tons of bromance
Apr 24, 2018 7:29 AM
Sep 2017
DandyMadao said:
ThreadFazer said:

tbh ill take the Yaoi rather then the loli and adult romance.

Apr 24, 2018 7:31 AM

Jul 2009
DandyMadao said:
now that we know the meaning of osoma i'd like to give a teaser so you will be interested checking the manga

Inugirlz said:

Best girl? Who are you referring to? Matagi?
Apr 24, 2018 7:36 AM
Mar 2018
Inugirlz said:
DandyMadao said:

but to be fair you need to read the manga chapter 100+ to understand this anyway

ThreadFazer said:
DandyMadao said:

well you are in for the fun, go read the manga
Apr 24, 2018 8:01 AM
Sep 2017
DandyMadao said:
Inugirlz said:

but to be fair you need to read the manga chapter 100+ to understand this anyway

ThreadFazer said:

Im not really interested in yaoi bro, cause im straight. What i mean is that, ill rather read/watch yaoi stuff rather then loli shit. Ill just continue watching the anime anyway

Apr 24, 2018 8:08 AM

Aug 2016
Anyone knows how old Asirpa is, even if it is just an approximation? She seems more like a shorty than a kid to me.
Apr 24, 2018 8:32 AM
Oct 2017
I love Ainu names, Grandfather’s asshole is the best one.
Apr 24, 2018 9:27 AM

Jul 2009
ThreadFazer said:
DandyMadao said:

Im not really interested in yaoi bro, cause im straight. What i mean is that, ill rather read/watch yaoi stuff rather then loli shit. Ill just continue watching the anime anyway

I like you. I’m a proud fujoshi so obviously I love Yaoi but I can appreciate someone who doesn’t necessarily like it but will deal with it over loli stuff.
Apr 24, 2018 9:57 AM

Feb 2011
ThreadFazer said:
DandyMadao said:

This serie has no yaoi (not anywhere in the main cast), bromance =/= yaoi, as much as friendship =/= romance.

Though assuming the 12 episodes won't cover much, the protagonist group won't become very big before this cour ends, so there will be even little bromance.

Going back to Asirpa and Sugimoto, Asirpa needs a father figure after she lost her father, and Sugimoto is focused on helping the wife of his dead friend.
(there was a nice flashback about Sugimoto and the now wife of his best friend in the manga, it was during the interrogation of Shiraishi, but it was cut in the anime)

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Apr 24, 2018 10:43 AM

Aug 2012
ThreadFazer said:

but genres of the manga is: Action, Adventure, Historical, Seinen
No word about romance

Don't worry, Sugimoto is like older brother for Asirpa, nothing more.
Apr 24, 2018 12:25 PM

Nov 2011
Given how the episode began, I did not expect such a crude reversal of the narration, even though certain scenes are somehow masked, the crudity of certain images makes an impression. Overall, the episode proved interesting and very entertaining.

GoldenDevilGamer said:
For those wondering how much more graphic it is in the manga:

I prefer that these images have not been placed in the anime series, even if the narration is quite raw, if they had adapted the same manga, it would have been too much impact on the fruition of the animated work.
Apr 24, 2018 12:31 PM

Nov 2011
So is old man Hijikata the ne who did the Tattoos? or was he just in the jail during that time?

Really good episode though. That poor baby bear is in for a treat in the next year or two.

Yeah Grandmother wants Asirpa and Sugimoto to marry lol.

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 24, 2018 1:46 PM

Oct 2017
This photo summarizes the entire episode

im trying my best to stop being a weeb ok dont judge me
Apr 24, 2018 1:54 PM

Sep 2011
Inukanura said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

in Ainu languange, the word イ (i) is spelled (y) whenever following a vowel (a-i-u-e-o)

instead of アヌ (a-i-nu), it becomes (a-y-nu)
so カム(ka-mu-i) become (ka-mu-y)

it still means the same though.

Thanks. Figured it was something like this
Apr 24, 2018 2:25 PM

Nov 2008
GoldenDevilGamer said:
JoeGar96 said:
Not sure I can believe he jumped in that hole and didn't get attacked or shot, just entering it sounds like a stupid idea
Well, Asirpa did mention that brown bears don't kill humans that enter their den (though, that's just an Ainu belief). Sugimoto might've hid behind the bear to avoid getting shot.

xShinigami3125 said:
THE girl that constainly eats brains calls his food disgusting/that it looks like poop.....
That's the irony XD

The whole point of Sugimoto the "immortal" is that he is very lucky and survives situations/wounds etc which people think should have killed him. No need to reason about it, like you do not need to reason why One Punch Man wins always with just one punch.

I am just worried that in the end his luck runs out...
Apr 24, 2018 2:50 PM

Feb 2015
Good episode let down again by shitty production values and that bloody CGI bear!
Apr 24, 2018 3:25 PM

Feb 2011
Oxu said:
The whole point of Sugimoto the "immortal" is that he is very lucky and survives situations/wounds etc which people think should have killed him. No need to reason about it, like you do not need to reason why One Punch Man wins always with just one punch.

I am just worried that in the end his luck runs out...

Nah, it isn't just luck, it's survival instinct and plain toughness.
With the bear den he was also lucky, as he had no way to know if it would have really worked, but saying he survives everytime just for luck is trivializing his character.

Look at the other cases we saw of him surviving:
-while risking to die from hypothermia, he tried to start a fire by using his rifle cartridges
-when having a bear falling on him, he used his bayonet as a lance, using the ground as support
those quick decisions didn't come from luck

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2018

91 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Apr 15, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2018

292 by Nilton_Junio »»
Apr 13, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

41 by elviskocho1023 »»
Mar 24, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

24 by Karva1 »»
Mar 16, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

17 by Karva1 »»
Mar 16, 3:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.