Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 24, 2018 6:19 PM

Jun 2013
that was good and I like the Ainu culture I want to know more about it
Apr 24, 2018 6:27 PM

Oct 2008
That Ezo Wolf "Retar" was so ferocious!
A very cute baby bear!!!
Nice! we get to see the home town/village of the Ainu!
Asirpa didn't translage obasan's topic about her being Sugimoto's future wife! she blushed a bit and of course embarassed but Sugimoto's clueless!
LOL at Asirpa's name calling: Ekasiotompuy "Grandfather's asshole"!
Hijikata's appearance was nice! VA by Nakata Jouji was awesome as well!
5/5.

Apr 24, 2018 8:03 PM
Apr 2018
I haven´t read the manga and the CG is bad but not extremely bad so still enjoyable untill now
Apr 24, 2018 9:18 PM

Oct 2011
Amazing episode.
Apr 24, 2018 11:39 PM

Apr 2016
Another good episode. Definitely one of the better animes of this season. I love the Ainu culture they're showing here. The cub was adorable, and I love the interactions between Saichi and Asirpa yet again. They're low-key hilarious. Asirpa has the best faces.
[
Apr 25, 2018 12:34 AM
Oct 2012
ThreadFazer said:
Does this anime have taboo-es relationships between the two MC??? Cause i swear theres a Romance tag on the manga.

Sugimoto told Ogata that he was doing this "for the woman I love" didn't he? There is supposed to be a flashback about Sugimoto's past. I hope they just changed the order around a bit. But yeah, from that quote you can gather that Sugimoto loved his friends wife. I think thats why someone tagged it as romance.
Apr 25, 2018 5:33 AM

May 2008
Sugiimoto has a good heart :)
[aling=center]
Apr 25, 2018 6:57 AM

Mar 2018
Skennes said:
This was more of a relaxing episode than the others but keeping the thrill.

Relaxing?! Are you crazy?! That bear fight was nuts! Those dudes got wrecked.

All in all an improvement over past episodes. To be honest I was considering dropping this after after the last two, but this episode has raised my hopes.

Farabeuf said:
Loved that they kept the bit when the grandmother in Ainu tells Sugimoto to marry his granddaughter since no Ainu man will take her and Asirpa asserts how she's a new woman for a new age.

Yes I thought that was great, and then Asirpa blushes and lies about what the obaasan said, some nice cuteness & humor in this otherwise bleak anime.

Speaking of bleak, doesn't seem like these two good souls stand any chance against the efforts of the 7th and the criminals lead by the katana guy ("boys just like to swing swords"? really???)... they need some more allies bad :-/

Also the bit with the wolf, she should definitely have let that wolf kill that guy. I've seen this kind of trope/foreshadowing before, its Shakespearian I think; doing the right thing can destroy something precious sometimes.
♫ やっと見つけた織姫様 だけどどこだろう彦星様
これじゃひとりぼっち ♫

"Just like my arms... can never be soft and warm, like yours are"
Apr 25, 2018 7:55 AM
Feb 2016
People need to know more about Ainu...
1st. They are not Japanese, they are Ainu, and were almost exterminated or assimilated by them. Think of them as of Indians of Japan. It helps a bit altough it's wrong on many levels.
2nd. Depiction of Ainu people is biased in this story. Sure they were close to nature, but at the same time they had no idea what hygiene means. And their legends... whoa... just try to read it, but it's NSFL.

When you think about this, Ainu legends show that Japan was wrong in the head centuries before anime.
Apr 25, 2018 8:00 AM
Mar 2018
shazbotian said:
Skennes said:

All in all an improvement over past episodes. To be honest I was considering dropping this after after the last two, but this episode has raised my hopes.

Farabeuf said:
Loved that they kept the bit when the grandmother in Ainu tells Sugimoto to marry his granddaughter since no Ainu man will take her and Asirpa asserts how she's a new woman for a new age.

Yes I thought that was great, and then Asirpa blushes and lies about what the obaasan said, some nice cuteness & humor in this otherwise bleak anime.

Speaking of bleak, doesn't seem like these two good souls stand any chance against the efforts of the 7th and the criminals lead by the katana guy ("boys just like to swing swords"? really???)... they need some more allies bad :-/

Also the bit with the wolf, she should definitely have let that wolf kill that guy. I've seen this kind of trope/foreshadowing before, its Shakespearian I think; doing the right thing can destroy something precious sometimes.

hey hey hey, i could say that it's one of "top ten choice of leaving your enemy stay alive"

and please don't wish harm befall on our ani matagi
Apr 25, 2018 8:06 AM

Sep 2017
The episode was a thrilling one but now worth mentioning. This was an informative episode about the Ainu people's traditions and practices. Which (at a certain degree) is helpful in real life as well.

I wonder, how many episodes it would take to find all those prisoners.

"The universe was made, just to be seen by my eyes."
Apr 25, 2018 8:29 AM

Nov 2016
shazbotian said:
Skennes said:

Farabeuf said:

I wanted to say more relaxing in terms of having more comedy and information on this episode, but that scene was tense indeed.
Apr 25, 2018 10:35 AM
May 2013
TheFahrenheit said:
Anyone knows how old Asirpa is, even if it is just an approximation? She seems more like a shorty than a kid to me.

i think the manga mentioned at one point that she's 12
Apr 25, 2018 1:42 PM
Nov 2016
They didn't show his face getting torn off.... Shit.

Anyway, the episode was well done. It was nice to see Hijikata. I am still not used to Tsurumi's voice, I just always feel like he should be voice by someone who sounds a bit.... Mad.

We also got to see the village.
Apr 25, 2018 4:16 PM
Mar 2012
Baby bear's a keeper! (& the show)
Some weird stuff everywhere... army leader with a leaky skull... & prisoner with some square forehead.
The skiing pursuit & Ezo wolf were really well done. The gore was there but art disappointing compared to that manga panel.
Granny supports age gap marriage.
Apr 25, 2018 6:08 PM

Jul 2010
This anime is awesome. Getting a Drifters vibe from it.

Just that, I don't see the point of it having gourmet moments. It is not like anyone can afford cooking their own squirrel, rabbit or bear meat at this age. I have hunted some birds and wild rabbits before but I also am also aware that hunting is detrimental to some species. Nevertheless, it is nice to learn about Ainu culture.

Also, every season there are some underrated animes because some salty people like to rate them very low. I am starting to get very disturbed by the scores given by this site's users. From now on I will disregard any score and watch the anime I feel like watching.
Apr 25, 2018 7:19 PM

Mar 2009
Great episode. Show's come a long way from the mediocre first episode.
Apr 26, 2018 2:34 AM

Feb 2016
Sharri said:
People need to know more about Ainu...
1st. They are not Japanese, they are Ainu, and were almost exterminated or assimilated by them. Think of them as of Indians of Japan. It helps a bit altough it's wrong on many levels.

Fortunately this anime and manga can teach the western audience about the Ainu people. :)
TeisatsuApr 26, 2018 2:55 AM
Apr 26, 2018 2:45 AM

Feb 2016
Whoahoho said:
Ok, what Ainu words did we learned today"

Chitaptap- A kind of meat balls stew, where the meat of small wild game is minced and then formed into balls and boiled.

Hinna Hinna- Their way of saying ittadakimas.

Osoma- Means "SHIT".

Kuwatora Sisam, oharu or osoma omare wa e- The man I was who puts poop in his soup and eats it.....quite a insult to Asirpa's pursuer

Kotan-Village

Sisam- their reference to a Japanese who is not part of their tribe.

Sitaktak - clump of shit.

Somomop - Diaper

Tennep -Something sticky.

Asirpa's real name is Ekasiotompuy literally means she is her Grandfather's Asshole. her Nickname is Asirpa is either New Yaer or Future.

So Kamuy in ainu dialect probably means either spirit or god.

Man them Ainus do have quite a rich tradition, too bad that their discriminated by their own country men.

Sisam means "Japanese person", but also "foreinger". Like the japanese words Gaijin/Gaikokujin.

But the Ainu language it's not a japanese dialect. It's a compleatly different language. Like American English is a compleatly different language from the Native American (Indian) languages.

"Their own country men"? Well... I guess they are. But it's more accurate to compare them with Sami, Inuit and Native Americans (First Nations in Canada). The Ainu lived in Ezo long before the Japanese came from the south and with time changed the name to Hokkaido.
TeisatsuApr 26, 2018 2:56 AM
Apr 26, 2018 6:52 AM
Apr 2018
I am glad that this anime is funny as well.
DeathMitakaApr 26, 2018 6:58 AM
Apr 26, 2018 9:22 AM

Apr 2016
This anime is interesting because you never really get any exposure to the Ainu people, I feel like the author is kinda just making shit up though to make them look better than they actually are, the Japanese completely annihilated the Ainu, I doubt they were as cvilized or technologically or even militarily evolved as the Japanese. They are like asian Abbos.
The stuff about them being warriors is likely exaggerated just like Amerindians pretend the Apache were some kind of bad ass warrior tribe but they got stomped real quick. Though with our Indians it would make sense they have some kind of warrior skill as they were in a perpetual state of warring tribes, the Ainu on the other hand are the indigenous people of a small island and did not quarrel with any groups until the Japanese became advanced enough to crush them.

Apr 26, 2018 10:54 AM

Mar 2009
Teisatsu said:
Whoahoho said:
Ok, what Ainu words did we learned today"

Chitaptap- A kind of meat balls stew, where the meat of small wild game is minced and then formed into balls and boiled.

Hinna Hinna- Their way of saying ittadakimas.

Osoma- Means "SHIT".

Kuwatora Sisam, oharu or osoma omare wa e- The man I was who puts poop in his soup and eats it.....quite a insult to Asirpa's pursuer

Kotan-Village

Sisam- their reference to a Japanese who is not part of their tribe.

Sitaktak - clump of shit.

Somomop - Diaper

Tennep -Something sticky.

Asirpa's real name is Ekasiotompuy literally means she is her Grandfather's Asshole. her Nickname is Asirpa is either New Yaer or Future.

So Kamuy in ainu dialect probably means either spirit or god.

Man them Ainus do have quite a rich tradition, too bad that their discriminated by their own country men.

Sisam means "Japanese person", but also "foreinger". Like the japanese words Gaijin/Gaikokujin.

But the Ainu language it's not a japanese dialect. It's a compleatly different language. Like American English is a compleatly different language from the Native American (Indian) languages.

"Their own country men"? Well... I guess they are. But it's more accurate to compare them with Sami, Inuit and Native Americans (First Nations in Canada). The Ainu lived in Ezo long before the Japanese came from the south and with time changed the name to Hokkaido.

Probably not something that most people would be interested in:
A lot of the Inuit and Native Americans have Ainu DNA. The Ainu came over here (North America) during the last ice age. They followed their prey over an ice bridge between Japan and North America.
And the Ezo wolves are also closely related to the North American Gray Wolf.
So the culture of Native Americans and Inuits take a lot from the Ainu culture.
Their clothes, instruments/tools and ways of hunting and living are/were quite similar.
At least from what I can tell about the research I've been doing, anyway.
Apr 26, 2018 5:17 PM
Oct 2011
That was awesome :)

Meta_Yoshi said:
Asirpa is starting to scare the crap out of "Immortal" Sugimoto now. I'm not sure whether to praise Asirpa here or give Sugimoto the look of shame right now. XD

Either way Asirpa was a joy to watch in this episode. The wolf came along to save her and rewarded him with a nice belly rub. After that cute scene, she showed Sugimoto her village and explained about the bear ritual and also the names they have until they turn a certain age and get proper names. At first, she was called "grandfather's asshole". Someone must've been drunk when they came up with that one, lol.

The CGI bear might've made a small return, but the animation is a good improvement over episodes one and two. Hopefully they'll keep this consistency for the rest of the series. =)

Looking forward to the next episode.

Yeah, great episode :)
Apr 27, 2018 12:53 AM

Feb 2016
windeen-windy said:
A lot of the Inuit and Native Americans have Ainu DNA. The Ainu came over here (North America) during the last ice age. They followed their prey over an ice bridge between Japan and North America.
Their clothes, instruments/tools and ways of hunting and living are/were quite similar.

Well, I'm interested. Thanks a lot for those facts! :D
Apr 27, 2018 1:26 AM

Feb 2016
Mywifesson said:
This anime is interesting because you never really get any exposure to the Ainu people, I feel like the author is kinda just making shit up though to make them look better than they actually are, the Japanese completely annihilated the Ainu, I doubt they were as cvilized or technologically or even militarily evolved as the Japanese. They are like asian Abbos.
The stuff about them being warriors is likely exaggerated just like Amerindians pretend the Apache were some kind of bad ass warrior tribe but they got stomped real quick. Though with our Indians it would make sense they have some kind of warrior skill as they were in a perpetual state of warring tribes, the Ainu on the other hand are the indigenous people of a small island and did not quarrel with any groups until the Japanese became advanced enough to crush them.

I don't think anyone is "making shit up". The author, well informed as he is, isn't alone in this project, as he is supported by a lot of people from many Ainu associations and from the Ainu musum in Shiraoi. Also the Ainu people didn't just live on Hokkaido. They also lived in northern Honshū, the Kuril Islands, all over Sakhalin (along with the Oroks and Nivkhs) and also on the Kamchatka Peninsula.
I can't find any references to battles where the Ainu got "crushed" by the Japanese (or Russians). More likely they became assimilated by time during the 1900s.
Apr 27, 2018 1:28 AM

Mar 2009
Teisatsu said:
windeen-windy said:

Well, I'm interested. Thanks a lot for those facts! :D

No problem!
Sometime before the American civil war, one of my ancestors was Native American. So I found it quite interesting. I found out about the DNA testing done between the Ainu & Native Americans, about 4-5 years ago (That must have been some MASSIVE ice bridge... I often wonder how many of them died (for one reason or another) between points A and B. And if their remains lay buried somewhere in the ocean to this day).

-_- I have a lot of useless info rolling around in my head.
It seems like the more useless it is, the more of it I collect lol.
I have more info about the subject, though if anyone is interested enough they could find it out from Google just as well (I think the main search I used was: "The Ainu connection to Native Americans" or something like that). So I'll spare saying any more for now.
I'm glad you found it interesting, though.
I don't want to annoy or bore others.

When I saw this anime, I was really excited when I read that one of the main characters is an Ainu girl.
I'm tempted to try the manga.
But from what I understand it is at times quite gross... And quite a bit more violent than the anime (really, I am fine not seeing the details of a guy having his face ripped off by a bear (i knew it happened all the same) or people eating animal eyes like candy)... But I'll probably still give the manga a try whenever the anime ends.... Unless by then I am completely turned off of the story. Which is not impossible.

About this episode:
I don't know how old Asripa (sp?) is supposed to be... I'm guessing somewhere between 12-15... But, once she's of legal age in the story- I'm with her grandma on this:
I really ship her with Sugimoto.
They are just so cute together! And really seem to understand each other well (he's a bit more accepting of her customs, than she is: of his, though...coughmisocough...)
Apr 27, 2018 1:45 AM

Feb 2016
windeen-windy said:

No problem!
Sometime before the American civil war, one of my ancestors was Native American. So I found it quite interesting. I found out about the DNA testing done between the Ainu & Native Americans, about 4-5 years ago (That must have been some MASSIVE ice bridge... I often wonder how many of them died (for one reason or another) between points A and B. And if their remains lay buried somewhere in the ocean to this day).

I have more info about the subject, though if anyone is interested enough they could find it out from Google just as well (I think the main search I used was: "The Ainu connection to Native Americans" or something like that). So I'll spare saying any more for now.

When I saw this anime, I was really excited when I read that one of the main characters is an Ainu girl.
But from what I understand it is at times quite gross... And quite a bit more violent than the anime (really, I am fine not seeing the details of a guy having his face ripped off by a bear (i knew it happened all the same) or people eating animal eyes like candy)... But I'll probably still give the manga a try whenever the anime ends.... Unless by then I am completely turned off of the story. Which is not impossible.

About this episode:
I don't know how old Asripa (sp?) is supposed to be... I'm guessing somewhere between 12-15... But, once she's of legal age in the story- I'm with her grandma on this:
They are just so cute together! And really seem to understand each other well (he's a bit more accepting of her customs, than she is: of his, though...coughmisocough...)

Keep those facts coming! They belong right here, in a discussion about an Ainu anime! "Ainume?" ;)

I also was very excited to finally see the Ainu people in an anime, but also to finally be able to hear their language be spoken. I live in northen Europe, and is a supporter of everything with the Sami culture and language, even though I unfortunately have no Sami blood in me.

I like that Asirpa really is her own kind of character. She's a little embarrassed of her grandmothers suggestion, but it's nowhere near the ordinary Japanese anime schoolgirls tiresome exaggerated reactions.
Apr 27, 2018 2:27 AM

Mar 2009
Teisatsu said:
windeen-windy said:

No problem!

About this episode:

Keep those facts coming! They belong right here, in a discussion about an Ainu anime! "Ainume?" ;)

I also was very excited to finally see the Ainu people in an anime, but also to finally be able to hear their language be spoken. I live in northen Europe, and is a supporter of everything with the Sami culture and language, even though I unfortunately have no Sami blood in me.

I like that Asirpa really is her own kind of character. She's a little embarrassed of her grandmothers suggestion, but it's nowhere near the ordinary Japanese anime schoolgirls tiresome exaggerated reactions.

I don't want to go just from my memory. I have notes somewhere, I'll see if I can find them. But here's the link to one of the most recent articles I found (about a week ago), on the subject.
Click Here

The Native American Tribes I am related to are: the Onondaga (New York) and Seneca (Canada, if I remember right) of the Iroquois Confederation/Nation.
Here is a link I had in my notes, its talking about those tribes, as well as others in the Americas, and their link to the Ainu (and other related peoples) people:
Click Here

Yes, I liked how she just calmly told him her grandmother said he shouldn't eat "poop", without missing a beat.

windeen-windyApr 27, 2018 2:52 AM
Apr 27, 2018 2:42 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
GREAT CG!!!! lol

Well, i liked this episode too, because of the villager's traditions were cool for one side, and the other the brutality how died the soldiers in the bear hands!!! kekeke
Apr 27, 2018 6:07 AM

Apr 2016
Teisatsu said:
Mywifesson said:

I don't think anyone is "making shit up". The author, well informed as he is, isn't alone in this project, as he is supported by a lot of people from many Ainu associations and from the Ainu musum in Shiraoi. Also the Ainu people didn't just live on Hokkaido. They also lived in northern Honshū, the Kuril Islands, all over Sakhalin (along with the Oroks and Nivkhs) and also on the Kamchatka Peninsula.
I can't find any references to battles where the Ainu got "crushed" by the Japanese (or Russians). More likely they became assimilated by time during the 1900s.

No they were completely crushed by the 1700s. The Japanese systematically claimed the entire island of Japan and relegated the ainu to second class citizens but allowed them to live, sure they integrated today, but this idea that they were on equal footing with the japanese is folly.
Apr 27, 2018 10:21 AM

Mar 2009
Mywifesson said:
Teisatsu said:

No they were completely crushed by the 1700s. The Japanese systematically claimed the entire island of Japan and relegated the ainu to second class citizens but allowed them to live, sure they integrated today, but this idea that they were on equal footing with the japanese is folly.

I agree there. They were (and to a small degree from what I read, still are) oppressed by the Japanese government (more so for the Ainu living in Russia).
From what I understood, their culture is/was slowly encroached upon and parts were completely lost, by being outlawed/forced to do less of their traditions.
Similar to the Native Americans (though I only know of the Ainu fighting it a bit.
Where as the Native Americans (related to the Ainu about 25,000 years ago) rose up numerous times to fight what happened to them).

If the Ainu assimilated there, or the ones in Russia, it was not by choice. And it was done very grudgingly. At least, that's what I know from the research I've done.
I find it sad, that, while about 25,000 years separates the Ainu's ancestors from the Native American's, that BOTH groups of people were ultimately oppressed in similar ways.
Apr 27, 2018 11:28 AM

Jun 2015
The part when Sugimoto said he would be the bear's mommy was so funny.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 27, 2018 11:56 AM

Apr 2016
windeen-windy said:
Mywifesson said:

I agree there. They were (and to a small degree from what I read, still are) oppressed by the Japanese government (more so for the Ainu living in Russia).
From what I understood, their culture is/was slowly encroached upon and parts were completely lost, by being outlawed/forced to do less of their traditions.
Similar to the Native Americans (though I only know of the Ainu fighting it a bit.
Where as the Native Americans (related to the Ainu about 25,000 years ago) rose up numerous times to fight what happened to them).

If the Ainu assimilated there, or the ones in Russia, it was not by choice. And it was done very grudgingly. At least, that's what I know from the research I've done.
I find it sad, that, while about 25,000 years separates the Ainu's ancestors from the Native American's, that BOTH groups of people were ultimately oppressed in similar ways.

My guy, history is violence, the imperial age is the imperial age, there was no wrong doing on the part of the japanese, they fought and they won. Analagous to the situation with the Ameri Indians, there was no wrong doing on the part of the Americans the tribes were constantly fighting each other scalping eachother and were not nomadic before the Americans came, then they fought for 400 years and Americans won. The Japanese and the Europeans were just the more powerful and more evolved race.

What I meant with my original comment is rather than do a sober commentary on the Ainu this anime is seeking to not offend by painting their actions no matter how strange or uncivilized, and their military prowess, no matter how unrefined, in this SJW current world view to events that happened over 300 years ago
Apr 27, 2018 12:48 PM

Mar 2009
Mywifesson said:
windeen-windy said:

My guy, history is violence, the imperial age is the imperial age, there was no wrong doing on the part of the japanese, they fought and they won. Analagous to the situation with the Ameri Indians, there was no wrong doing on the part of the Americans the tribes were constantly fighting each other scalping eachother and were not nomadic before the Americans came, then they fought for 400 years and Americans won. The Japanese and the Europeans were just the more powerful and more evolved race.

What I meant with my original comment is rather than do a sober commentary on the Ainu this anime is seeking to not offend by painting their actions no matter how strange or uncivilized, and their military prowess, no matter how unrefined, in this SJW current world view to events that happened over 300 years ago

First if you were referring to me with that "my guy" comment- I'm female and I HATE being referred to with male terms, I'm not a guy (not yours or anyone elses), or a buddy or a dude.
Before you use terms usually associated with the male gender, look at a persons posted gender on their profile. If they have none listed, then they have nothing to complain about.

As for the native Americans, yes, they fought with each other, but that's because there are different nations of native Americans, only idiots would lump them in as one group.
And it is natural for nations to fight each other.
As for the Europeans and what they did when they came here. They raped and pillaged and, in cases, they tortured the NA Indians.
They forced them out of their lands, into other places (ever hear about the trail of tears? If not, your schooling was inadequate).
My guess is that you are the type to not sway from your beliefs. I'm a Republican, I'm patriotic, and love my country. However, what was done to the Indians was wrong. Most of them were NOT nomatic.
Only a small percentage of them were and just because they might have been "uncivilized" and "savages" as they were often labeled, did NOT give any other entity the right to treat them the horrible way that they were treated.
I was agreeing with you in my original comment reply to you, but you really managed to get me annoyed quite fast, first needlessly referring to me that way, and second insulting some of my ancestors (mind you, that if only a few, the rest are Europeans, so I have nothing against the Europeans).
Also- the Native Americans, are the original Americans.

This comment from you:
"Analagous to the situation with the Ameri Indians, there was no wrong doing on the part of the Americans the tribes were constantly fighting each other scalping eachother and were not nomadic before the Americans came, then they fought for 400 years and Americans won. The Japanese and the Europeans were just the more powerful and more evolved race."
Shows how little you know:
The ones who came were not "Americans" when they came.
They were Europeans.
Saying "the Americans won" when talking about the Europeans VS the NATIVE AMERICANS is really: ignorant.
"more evolved race"? Seriously?
No, correction: that is stupid and down-right racist.

I have no intention of arguing with you further.
I blocked you, so I cannot see any responses from you. And I will do the same to anyone ignerant enough to try and back your racist comments up.

windeen-windyApr 27, 2018 7:44 PM
Apr 27, 2018 9:40 PM

Feb 2016
windeen-windy said:

As for the Europeans and what they did when they came here. They raped and pillaged and, in cases, they tortured the NA Indians.
They forced them out of their lands, into other places (ever hear about the trail of tears? If not, your schooling was inadequate).
My guess is that you are the type to not sway from your beliefs. I'm a Republican, I'm patriotic, and love my country. However, what was done to the Indians was wrong. Most of them were NOT nomatic.
Only a small percentage of them were and just because they might have been "uncivilized" and "savages" as they were often labeled, did NOT give any other entity the right to treat them the horrible way that they were treated.
I was agreeing with you in my original comment reply to you, but you really managed to get me annoyed quite fast, first needlessly referring to me that way, and second insulting some of my ancestors (mind you, that if only a few, the rest are Europeans, so I have nothing against the Europeans).

This comment from you:
"Analagous to the situation with the Ameri Indians, there was no wrong doing on the part of the Americans the tribes were constantly fighting each other scalping eachother and were not nomadic before the Americans came, then they fought for 400 years and Americans won. The Japanese and the Europeans were just the more powerful and more evolved race."
They were Europeans.
Saying "the Americans won" when talking about the Europeans VS the NATIVE AMERICANS is really: ignorant.

First of all, I agree with you.

Personally, I resent almost everything that has to do with exaggerative nationalism, imperialism and colonialism. I don't care if it was the Roman Empire, or the horrible 1600s, 1700s, 1800s or early 1900s. It was wrong then and it is still wrong today to conquer other peoples land; rape, kill and oppress the natives, just to to exploit their natural resources. The Europeans had no right to colonize Africa, nor conquer America, and creating the Triangular slave trade. Myself as a Swede/Finn is ashamed of our own colony in prestent Ghana, and our raping and killing Germans and Poles during the Thirty Years' War. And also co-create Race biology as a science (in Uppsala) just to oppress the Sami with it. Then we have the British Empire, who stood as a model and inspiration to the Japanese, when they got "civilized" and therefore created their "Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere". And then all the imperialism went to bring us to hell in the 1930s and 40s...

One can really wonder what cultures that counts as "civilized" and "uncivilized". Today many in the western world still se the indigenous peolpe around the world as "savages", but it wasn't that many years ago that Christian civilized Protestants and Catholics still bombed each other away in Norhern Ireland, because their beliefs.

(Great! My spelling tool for English just stopped working. So I hope you can overlook any spelling mistakes, since English is'nt my first nor best language)
TeisatsuApr 27, 2018 9:43 PM
Apr 28, 2018 6:38 AM

Mar 2009
Teisatsu said:
windeen-windy said:

This comment from you:
They were Europeans.

First of all, I agree with you.

Personally, I resent almost everything that has to do with exaggerative nationalism, imperialism and colonialism. I don't care if it was the Roman Empire, or the horrible 1600s, 1700s, 1800s or early 1900s. It was wrong then and it is still wrong today to conquer other peoples land; rape, kill and oppress the natives, just to to exploit their natural resources. The Europeans had no right to colonize Africa, nor conquer America, and creating the Triangular slave trade. Myself as a Swede/Finn is ashamed of our own colony in prestent Ghana, and our raping and killing Germans and Poles during the Thirty Years' War. And also co-create Race biology as a science (in Uppsala) just to oppress the Sami with it. Then we have the British Empire, who stood as a model and inspiration to the Japanese, when they got "civilized" and therefore created their "Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere". And then all the imperialism went to bring us to hell in the 1930s and 40s...

One can really wonder what cultures that counts as "civilized" and "uncivilized". Today many in the western world still se the indigenous peolpe around the world as "savages", but it wasn't that many years ago that Christian civilized Protestants and Catholics still bombed each other away in Norhern Ireland, because their beliefs.

(Great! My spelling tool for English just stopped working. So I hope you can overlook any spelling mistakes, since English is'nt my first nor best language)

Your English seems fine to me. But, then again, I'm dyslexic. So unless you make any horrible, glaring mistakes, I won't really notice all that much, so its fine! Your English is better than a lot of the lazy crap I've seen from people from my own country (sick=good, DAT=that, do=though, sum=some are just a few and the less annoying (but still drive me right up the wall)"English" crap terms I've run into).

And I agree with everything you said.

Hopefully that other guy doesn't give you much trouble about it (he seemed like the type to keep at something (the phrase: "beating a dead horse" comes to mind) to the point of being obnoxious.
That's why I blocked him without giving him a chance to respond to me, which I don't always do. But I do not tolerate racists of any kind).

Back to what I was saying:
I'm not saying that all Europeans that came to the Americas were bad (I have some Europeans - English and Irish mostly- as some of my ancestors, as well).
However, the abuse started with the pilgrims and continued for hundreds of years here.
It seems, from what I have read, that the Japanese were not as oppressive (the Russian Ainus are another story, from what I understood) of the Ainu race.

Though there just might not be much documentation of it- where I can access it, I suppose. But they were still oppressed, and their traditions were (might still be) at risk from dissapearing. And the Ainus were not happy about that.
windeen-windyApr 28, 2018 6:51 AM
Apr 28, 2018 10:34 AM

Apr 2015
This particular episode was about 20% Man v. Wild, 60% Globe Trekker, 20% story. The Globe Trekker parts dragged a bit

Ootsuka has a bit too noticeable a voice, perhaps?
Apr 29, 2018 10:35 AM

Jun 2008
Was he eating actual poop?
Apr 29, 2018 1:08 PM

Feb 2011
Dizzee said:
Was he eating actual poop?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miso

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Apr 29, 2018 6:26 PM

Mar 2018
AyunaAni said:
The episode was a thrilling one but now worth mentioning. This was an informative episode about the Ainu people's traditions and practices. Which (at a certain degree) is helpful in real life as well.

I wonder, how many episodes it would take to find all those prisoners.

They made it sound like the army guys in the 7th division had already gathered some of the prisoners, so i dont think they're going to go individually finding one at a time
May 3, 2018 5:20 AM

Jul 2016
Old dude with a katana seems interesting.

As does half a face.
May 14, 2018 6:15 PM

Dec 2017
This episode did a good job introducing more of the story and what the roles of each character. This episode also shows that the so called immortal Shugi Moro is not always as confident as usual when it comes to dealing with anything that isn’t war
Aug 8, 2018 10:08 AM

May 2012
Very impressive development, really like where this is going! Looking forwards to see what's next.
Sep 19, 2018 2:17 PM

Jul 2009
I'll give it at least another episode, but that was awful. The last 5 minutes in particular were hurr durr.
Nov 18, 2018 11:18 PM

Mar 2008
I am ecstatic to have discovered this show. It has a kind of nostalgic adventure feel to it, gritty yet delightful! The story is compelling enough, but the characters even more interesting. Often so funny too! Oh so delectable. :D
Nov 17, 2019 2:13 AM

Jul 2015
Imagine being named after poop, or Grandfather's asshole

Tsurumi looks like a tough enemy to deal with, especially with an army at his disposal

Jul 7, 2020 6:00 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was really interesting to learn more about the Ainu, it's so well made wow.
Aug 15, 2020 11:43 PM

Jan 2019
I was legit laughing this episode. It’s also really interesting to learn all about the tribes culture
Sep 14, 2020 7:25 AM

Oct 2016
Another solid episode, Asirpa and Sugimoto never ceases to entertain. And we visit Asirpa's village and Ainu culture is very interesting. Tsurumi is a badass though gaddamn, bit that dudes fingers off and him getting his face damaged only made him more cooler indeed. That skull helmet looking thing is awesome. And that dude Hijikata was trying to recruit just yeeted that woman lmao.
Sep 17, 2020 11:10 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The hunt for the gold seems to be more fierces. After it was discovered that the military forces from the seventh division were participating, the prisoners commanded by the old man, a samurai from the golden era of fighter in Japan, participated too in enlivening the hunt. He brought back some mercenary too, and recruiting other prisoners to joined into his side. Was that a good thing of him? How badly this turned of event could change the future?

Meanwhile, the relations between Asirpa and Sugimoto becaming more closer than before, after getting some bad experience on their chasing scenes with some of the seventh division pursuer. Unfortunately, Asirpa did a mistake by letting that soldier alive. He seems to acted like a solid burden in the near future by taking such a nasty desires to that rare white wolf.

Damn, i can't think much about what happened. But, its surely can ended up with something bad. In the other side, Sugimoto had a rough day too. He almost got a rekt. However, Asirpa advices about the bear nest was right. Thanks to their chilling rest in the previous night. Fortunately for him, he was saved by that, and it cost the mother of the bear to losing her life. Such a pity. But, its revealed some of the good information. Finally, Asirpa introduced her tribal village. By taking Sugimoto to the village of the Ainu tribe, it hinted the relations between Asirpa and Sugimoto became more closer as i mention before. I just smiled with this turned of event, its very warmth my heart.

So, yeah, thats it. A lot of explanations, i can't believed this scenes quite entertaining me. A people of Ainu seems to be more chibi than the actual Japanese. What a knowledge i had on these one. Thank you very much. Ofc with some of the others information such as the story about the mythical thing that the people of Ainu believer held on mind. About the Kamuy, their God, that ended up with the biggest Ainu tribe belief, a Golden Kamuy. The additional of Asirpa past was okay. Eventhough i think its quite underwhelming. But, so far, all of the revelations, especially with Ainu tradition, their culture, and more of their dialect, seems okay and well directed to me. Thats it all.
badabassSep 17, 2020 11:17 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2018

91 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Apr 15, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2018

292 by Nilton_Junio »»
Apr 13, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

41 by elviskocho1023 »»
Mar 24, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

24 by Karva1 »»
Mar 16, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

17 by Karva1 »»
Mar 16, 3:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.